We just returned from a five day stay in DC. We stayed at the Fairmont, which is a great hotel choice. The rooms were above average and the service was impeccable. It was a 5 minute walk to the Foggy Bottom/GWU metro stop. One downfall was the fact that there were no restaurants outside hotel fare in the immediate area. We either had to walk to the Georgetown area or walk/metro it to the Dupont Circle area. If you plan to do the museums/monuments, try to get as many advanced tickets as possible. There were security waits at all museums plus a ticket requirement for the holocaust, spy museum, washington monument, etc.. You can get tickets in advance by looking at the respective websites. There is a small service charge but it is worth the guarantee to get to see the site. Also, do the tourmobile if possible. Things look like they are in close proximity but this is deceiving. With on/off priveleges it is worth the cost not to have to walk miles and miles. Plan out which restaurants you might like to try in each area and take a list with addresses. It will make it easier to narrow down choices and their locations. There are many restaurant sites on the net to get info.
Overview of trip to DC/ Fairmont Hotel
- 1 Jackie’s Land and Sea Tours
- 2 DC Itinerary, June 8-13, suggestions welcome!
- 3 State cracking down on vacation rentals?
- 4 Santa Fe Home Exchange - Three Wks, from start to finish
- 5 Newport, RI Questions
- 6 Advice for 2 night intro trip to Moab in early June (1-3)
- 7 Question about Northeast Wisconsin along the lake
- 8 Rafting Snake River early June?
- 9 Staying at the Andaz in West Hollywood with kids.
- 10 Restaurant Recommendations in Salt Lake City Area
- 11 Cedar Point Wait Times
- 12 Nashville Hot Fried Chicken
- 13 Using public transit in San Diego
- 14 Rafting trip on the Snake River (Tetons/Jackson Hole)
- 15 Seward to Anchorage
- 16 Little Rock, Arkansas, Clinton Library
- 17 Iteneray help: Santa Fe-Taos-Durango-Colorado Springs
- 18 Ackislander or others- restaurants in Nantucket in 2013
- 19 Air Bnb Declared Illegal in NYC
- 20 San Francisco,Monterey, Yosemite etc.!
- 21 Boat hotel vacation for a few days in Midwest
- 22 Car trip from Seattle
- 23 New Orleans - Alligator Cheesecake???
- 24 Best place to raise a family in Florida
- 25 Kodachrome Basin State Park in Utah