I'm looking for suggestions for a 2 night trip out of Chicago. We're an early forties couple spending a week in the windy city (May 12-21) and are considering renting a car to get out of the city for a night or two as we'll have lots of time to explore Chicago. We're fairly active and enjoy outdoor activities, scenic drives, shorelines, water activities, sightseeing options as well as unique and interesting areas to explore. Any recommendations for nice places to visit and explore along lake Michigan? or inland for something interesting?
Thanks to all!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Restaurants in Newport, RI
- 2 Carmel to Big Sur Station and back report with photos 6/10/2017
- 3 Worthwhile in San Francisco
- 4 Visting a friend during layover
- 5 Day hikes in Yosemite for family of 4 (2 teens)
- 6 How to eat cheaply in NY
- 7 Roadtrippin on Route 66
- 8 Road trip from San Diego to San Francisco with kids
- 9 Restaurant & Cocktail Bars
- 10 Newark long term parking
- 11 Maine Lobster Rolls
- 12 Fort Lauderdale to New York
- 13 Maine- Portland to Bar Habor Advice needed
- 14 Must see places around Burlington, VT
- 15 Week of July 4th in Hamptons. First-timer, bday dinner...
- 16 florida gulf coast
- 17 Alaska trip itinerary
- 18 Where to take mom for 70th birthday?
- 19 Hotel Choice Chicago: Loop or Magnificent Mile?
- 20 Yosemite traffic worth it for 2-3 days?
- 21 Road trip advice needed please
- 22 Chicago restaurants
- 23 Willamette Valley to PDX--what are the options?
- 24 Roadtrip from Chicago to Philadelphia
- 25 6 Days in California - Advice Needed for first timer!