I'm looking for suggestions for a 2 night trip out of Chicago. We're an early forties couple spending a week in the windy city (May 12-21) and are considering renting a car to get out of the city for a night or two as we'll have lots of time to explore Chicago. We're fairly active and enjoy outdoor activities, scenic drives, shorelines, water activities, sightseeing options as well as unique and interesting areas to explore. Any recommendations for nice places to visit and explore along lake Michigan? or inland for something interesting?
Thanks to all!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Retiring in NM?
- 2 Pacific Northwest with daughters
- 3 Chicago to Charleston
- 4 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 5 Alaska in First Week of Sept
- 6 family road trip from SF to Portland to Seattle
- 7 Hiking the Narrows, Zion National Park
- 8 How many states have you been to?
- 9 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 10 Where to stay 3 nights to see Yosemite from Death Valley?
- 11 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 12 Where would you live for a year if housing was paid for?
- 13 Skagway
- 14 Washington DC in mid May. Questions!
- 15 Gros Ventre campsite availability mid Sept
- 16 Honeymoon out west.
- 17 Guest Ranch - Montana/Wyoming
- 18 New Orleans to Memphis and back
- 19 Route Planning for East USA
- 20 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 21 Utah National Parks visit
- 22 Dallas for the first time. Rent car? Activities?
- 23 A Puffin, a Whale, and a Moose walk into a bar. In Maine
- 24 universal studios and disney
- 25 Visit to St. Simons Island, Georgia