We are coming to the States in May to visit our daughter in NYC. After that, on the Tuesday after Memorial day, we want to do a road trip to the OBX. Now, we both love walking, sightseeing, history, the sea, beaches good food, photography. We don't like people, crowds, overspending (money relatively tight). Don't do watersports unfortunately.
My plan is as follows
Tues Drive down to Chincoteague, stay 1 night
Weds Thursday Stay somewhere KillDevil and do sights
Friday Saturday Stay on Roanoke and do Raleigh, Play, Elizabeth Gdns and local points
Sunday I night Buxton
Monday Tuesday Ocracoke
Weds Ferry to Swan Quarter and drive to Richmond
Thursday Drive to Philadelphia
Friday Drive to JFK, flight out 22.30
We have on the itinerary
Currituck Wildlife Refuge
Jockey Ridge State Park
Pea Island Reserve
All the lighthouses
Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum
Can someone comment please on whether this is reasonable, but also, not sure of the trip back.
Are there reasonable places to stop rather than Richmond or Philadelphia, we want more historic or nature places, rather than big cities?
Can't wait, thank you so much!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 2 Road trip from Nashville to Dallas
- 3 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 4 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 5 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 6 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 7 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 8 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 9 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 10 Brooklyn why?
- 11 Valdez (keystone canyon falls)? Matanuska? and other itinerary help
- 12 New York City Restaurants
- 13 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 14 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 15 WISCONSIN
- 16 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 17 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands
- 18 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 19 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 20 Trip to Portland and Oregon Wine Tour
- 21 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 22 Dining in D.C.
- 23 Florida--single woman seeks best beaches for swimming and
- 24 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 25 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?