We are coming to the States in May to visit our daughter in NYC. After that, on the Tuesday after Memorial day, we want to do a road trip to the OBX. Now, we both love walking, sightseeing, history, the sea, beaches good food, photography. We don't like people, crowds, overspending (money relatively tight). Don't do watersports unfortunately.
My plan is as follows
Tues Drive down to Chincoteague, stay 1 night
Weds Thursday Stay somewhere KillDevil and do sights
Friday Saturday Stay on Roanoke and do Raleigh, Play, Elizabeth Gdns and local points
Sunday I night Buxton
Monday Tuesday Ocracoke
Weds Ferry to Swan Quarter and drive to Richmond
Thursday Drive to Philadelphia
Friday Drive to JFK, flight out 22.30
We have on the itinerary
Currituck Wildlife Refuge
Jockey Ridge State Park
Pea Island Reserve
All the lighthouses
Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum
Can someone comment please on whether this is reasonable, but also, not sure of the trip back.
Are there reasonable places to stop rather than Richmond or Philadelphia, we want more historic or nature places, rather than big cities?
Can't wait, thank you so much!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best place to live in the USA for doctors
- 2 10-14 daycar fr. Monterey, CA to Jackson WY. Help - towns / Nat'l Parks
- 3 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170123104914
- 4 State capitol buildings -- a two-thirds through ranking
- 5 Uber boston
- 6 What is there to do on MAUI
- 7 Huntington Beach to Yosemite
- 8 Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- 9 Any Sanibel experts?
- 10 New England Road Trip Itinerary
- 11 Hawaii Help
- 12 Summer in Michigan
- 13 Naples/ Fort Myers
- 14 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170123104909
- 15 Traveling to CO, worried about altitude sickness!
- 16 NYC 30th birhday ideas
- 17 Scenic vistas along the road the big island Hawaii
- 18 Rafting the Colorado
- 19 Glacier National Park
- 20 5 nights stay RMNP
- 21 Best Hilton location/hotel in New York
- 22 New York City - Wasington February 2017
- 23 West Virginia/Virginia during Thanksgiving (8 days)
- 24 Traveling in winter
- 25 a short trip to san francisco