We are coming to the States in May to visit our daughter in NYC. After that, on the Tuesday after Memorial day, we want to do a road trip to the OBX. Now, we both love walking, sightseeing, history, the sea, beaches good food, photography. We don't like people, crowds, overspending (money relatively tight). Don't do watersports unfortunately.
My plan is as follows
Tues Drive down to Chincoteague, stay 1 night
Weds Thursday Stay somewhere KillDevil and do sights
Friday Saturday Stay on Roanoke and do Raleigh, Play, Elizabeth Gdns and local points
Sunday I night Buxton
Monday Tuesday Ocracoke
Weds Ferry to Swan Quarter and drive to Richmond
Thursday Drive to Philadelphia
Friday Drive to JFK, flight out 22.30
We have on the itinerary
Currituck Wildlife Refuge
Jockey Ridge State Park
Pea Island Reserve
All the lighthouses
Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum
Can someone comment please on whether this is reasonable, but also, not sure of the trip back.
Are there reasonable places to stop rather than Richmond or Philadelphia, we want more historic or nature places, rather than big cities?
Can't wait, thank you so much!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Dining in Manhattan
- 2 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 3 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 4 From Seattle airport to the city
- 5 General Utah planning questions
- 6 Road trip next summes...Suggestions ?
- 7 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?
- 8 Escape cold in mid-Feb (4) nights from Michigan
- 9 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 10 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 11 Protecting yourself when using VRBO
- 12 Washington and Oregon Fall vacation 2015
- 13 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 14 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 15 New York City Christmas Trip
- 16 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 17 Las Vegas to Grand Canyon, February
- 18 Washington - North cascades trails (Goat Lake and others) okay in winter?
- 19 Colorado Skiing
- 20 American Honeymoon in March
- 21 Craft Beer & Delicious Food in Vegas
- 22 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 23 golf and fishing recommendations in Tampa area
- 24 Recomendations for outlets in miami and hotels in orlando
- 25 Northern West Coast Road Trip