We are coming to the States in May to visit our daughter in NYC. After that, on the Tuesday after Memorial day, we want to do a road trip to the OBX. Now, we both love walking, sightseeing, history, the sea, beaches good food, photography. We don't like people, crowds, overspending (money relatively tight). Don't do watersports unfortunately.
My plan is as follows
Tues Drive down to Chincoteague, stay 1 night
Weds Thursday Stay somewhere KillDevil and do sights
Friday Saturday Stay on Roanoke and do Raleigh, Play, Elizabeth Gdns and local points
Sunday I night Buxton
Monday Tuesday Ocracoke
Weds Ferry to Swan Quarter and drive to Richmond
Thursday Drive to Philadelphia
Friday Drive to JFK, flight out 22.30
We have on the itinerary
Currituck Wildlife Refuge
Jockey Ridge State Park
Pea Island Reserve
All the lighthouses
Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum
Can someone comment please on whether this is reasonable, but also, not sure of the trip back.
Are there reasonable places to stop rather than Richmond or Philadelphia, we want more historic or nature places, rather than big cities?
Can't wait, thank you so much!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Francisco through Colorado Rockies
- 2 Last minute Maine/New Hampshire trip
- 3 Another Key West Trip Report, July 3 - 9, 2016
- 4 Boston waterfront Italian
- 5 Napa valley getaway
- 6 Recommendation: Beachfront in VA or MD walking distance to quaint downtown
- 7 Lake Tahoe hotel with a lake view
- 8 Kids Vacation Place
- 9 Help Planning Zion/Bryce Itinerary
- 10 Best restaurants?! - first time to NYC!
- 11 Day in Spokane
- 12 Marriott or Sheraton in Orlando?
- 13 CA Fire - need revised itinerary help
- 14 AUGUST---7 day San Fran to San Diego
- 15 Aug. cruise wardrobe
- 16 Desert Southwest
- 17 Transit Advisory - PATH system - Weekends from August 6 to December 19, 2016
- 18 Los Angeles Indefinitely
- 19 Road trip from Gulf Coast to Key West
- 20 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 21 Zion and Bryce in July
- 22 East United State - what do you reccomend ?
- 23 First time, Best business class?
- 24 What to pack
- 25 Trip Report: 2 weeks from SF to Yellowstone and back, June 2016