We are coming to the States in May to visit our daughter in NYC. After that, on the Tuesday after Memorial day, we want to do a road trip to the OBX. Now, we both love walking, sightseeing, history, the sea, beaches good food, photography. We don't like people, crowds, overspending (money relatively tight). Don't do watersports unfortunately.
My plan is as follows
Tues Drive down to Chincoteague, stay 1 night
Weds Thursday Stay somewhere KillDevil and do sights
Friday Saturday Stay on Roanoke and do Raleigh, Play, Elizabeth Gdns and local points
Sunday I night Buxton
Monday Tuesday Ocracoke
Weds Ferry to Swan Quarter and drive to Richmond
Thursday Drive to Philadelphia
Friday Drive to JFK, flight out 22.30
We have on the itinerary
Currituck Wildlife Refuge
Jockey Ridge State Park
Pea Island Reserve
All the lighthouses
Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum
Can someone comment please on whether this is reasonable, but also, not sure of the trip back.
Are there reasonable places to stop rather than Richmond or Philadelphia, we want more historic or nature places, rather than big cities?
Can't wait, thank you so much!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://www.greathealthreview.com/ultavive-garcinia-south-africa/
- 2 Clemix Testosterone Complex - Increase your Stamina Level
- 3 New England Tour
- 4 Driving CA 395
- 5 Pacific Grove/Carmel CA area
- 6 Yosemite - importance of staying in park?
- 7 Hotel Picks - Kauai
- 8 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 9 Avis or Budget from LAX
- 10 Hotel location Albuquerque
- 11 Great Lakes extended road trip
- 12 Saint Lawrence River Seaway
- 13 Maui and Kauai
- 14 50th Anniversary ocean stay with luxuries?
- 15 Short warm weather family vacation in January or February
- 16 Glacier National Park 2018
- 17 Hawaii wedding
- 18 I-84 Columbia Gorge
- 19 Adirondacks trip repot
- 20 Suggestions for Sedona and Grand Canyon
- 21 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 22 Looking for areas to live? Commuting to Palo Alto
- 23 Philadelphia Traffic Help
- 24 sf Chinatown restaurant
- 25 Botanical gardens on Maui, Hilo, and Kauai: how much do they differ?