Strange - we are going to Middletown for the 45+ year for my husband, 14+ year for me, and 10 - 6 year for our kids -and I'm asking advice! However, we have always gone every other summer with my husbands' parents, sisters, and their families (his mom and her cousins have kept their family house as a summer/vacation house) so we have always stayed pretty close to home. This year we're going by ourselves and the boys are inviting a series of friends - so I'm looking for something new and for day trips. We do Mystic a lot, and we visit a cousin on the Cape (awful in the summer!), and we've done Green Animals and the subs in Groton. WE haven't been to New Bedford for a number of years - so will probably do that. I'm considering a night at the Rose Island light house (depends on price and number of beds) or just a trip out there, and maybe Block Island. Our house in Middletown is very close to Third Beach and we live a couple miles from the beach in Florida, so beaches are not a priority. What about state/national parks, Providence - any thing else? The boys range from from 16 to 21, like the outdoors, new foods, architecture, history, military stuff...Thanks
Outdoors and teen activities in Rhode Island
View all United States activity »
- 1 Disney Florida - Which parks to go for 1.5 days?
- 2 Which is best place for visit in South Amrecia in December ?
- 3 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 4 One day in Washington DC
- 5 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 6 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 7 Tucson First Week or Last Week of March
- 8 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 9 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 10 San Antonio
- 11 hotel near Met NYC
- 12 Key West on NYE
- 13 Historic District Hotel, St. Augustine, Florida, February
- 14 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 15 Ft. Stewart/Savannah
- 16 If you drive through Greensboro during holiday time....
- 17 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 18 suewoo and any other Charleston, SC experts
- 19 Long Weekend in KY: Bourbon Trail and Mammoth Cave
- 20 Hotel near Public Theater
- 21 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 22 How to safely transport a newborn baby in downtown Chicago without your own car?
- 23 Oahu Information
- 24 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 25 Wailea Maui Restaurants