We plan to stop in Yellowstone on our cross country trip to Seattle. We plan to follow a part of the Oregon Trail through Kansas and Nebraska, then up through Casper, WY to Cody and then to Yellowstone. We are pulling a 16' Casita travel trailer. We plan to stay in Cody on Aug. 14 and 15 to get a full day in the museum. (We did a half day there and two days in Yellowstone some years ago.) We want to consentrate on the north circle this trip with more wildlife viewing. We plan to make reservations for the full hook ups at Fishing Village on Sat. Aug 17 and Sun. Aug 18. We are thinking of camping off grid on Fri. night. near Tower Falls Question 1 Should we pull the trailer from Cody through Cooke City to the North East Entrance or go through the East Entrance and up to Tower Falls and then do the Lamar Valley in the PM after parking the trailer. Are the chances of not finding an off grid campground somewhere in the north too great to consider this? Any suggestions for Saturday and Sunday would be appreciated. We want to revisit Old Faithful but otherwise we are flexible. On Monday and Tuesday, Aug. 17& 18 we would like to camp at Teton NP. We would like to stay at Jenny Lake at least one night but understand that spaces fill up quickly. Any suggestions on camping places and great views are welcome. Your comments are appreciated.
Our Yellowstone Plans
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 2 Cafe Sevilla – Best Tapas Restaurant
- 3 Dining in Manhattan
- 4 New York City Christmas Trip
- 5 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 6 From Seattle airport to the city
- 7 Las Vegas to Grand Canyon, February
- 8 Washington - North cascades trails (Goat Lake and others) okay in winter?
- 9 Colorado Skiing
- 10 American Honeymoon in March
- 11 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 12 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 13 Craft Beer & Delicious Food in Vegas
- 14 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 15 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 16 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 17 golf and fishing recommendations in Tampa area
- 18 Recomendations for outlets in miami and hotels in orlando
- 19 Northern West Coast Road Trip
- 20 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 21 Yellowstone in the winter?
- 22 To San Francisco for 8 days
- 23 Middle America in October
- 24 visit to HIghLine
- 25 Please Recommend Florida Gulf Coast Beach Towns to Live