We plan to stop in Yellowstone on our cross country trip to Seattle. We plan to follow a part of the Oregon Trail through Kansas and Nebraska, then up through Casper, WY to Cody and then to Yellowstone. We are pulling a 16' Casita travel trailer. We plan to stay in Cody on Aug. 14 and 15 to get a full day in the museum. (We did a half day there and two days in Yellowstone some years ago.) We want to consentrate on the north circle this trip with more wildlife viewing. We plan to make reservations for the full hook ups at Fishing Village on Sat. Aug 17 and Sun. Aug 18. We are thinking of camping off grid on Fri. night. near Tower Falls Question 1 Should we pull the trailer from Cody through Cooke City to the North East Entrance or go through the East Entrance and up to Tower Falls and then do the Lamar Valley in the PM after parking the trailer. Are the chances of not finding an off grid campground somewhere in the north too great to consider this? Any suggestions for Saturday and Sunday would be appreciated. We want to revisit Old Faithful but otherwise we are flexible. On Monday and Tuesday, Aug. 17& 18 we would like to camp at Teton NP. We would like to stay at Jenny Lake at least one night but understand that spaces fill up quickly. Any suggestions on camping places and great views are welcome. Your comments are appreciated.
Our Yellowstone Plans
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 August 2015 Western Roadtrip Route? 30 days...Two 22-year-old Girls
- 2 Road trip March from Atlanta
- 3 Quick Austin weekend itinerary review
- 4 Best Destination in USA
- 5 Need help planning weekend trips: Georgia, Chicago, Tennessee, Alaska?!
- 6 Nashville - Weekend Trip
- 7 Please help identify location in Southern California
- 8 Dinner stop between Boston and Bradley Airport in CT (Windsor)
- 9 NYT article on exploring Los Angeles without a car
- 10 x mas
- 11 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 12 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 13 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 14 Last Minute NYE Trip to DC - Fancy Tea? Other special ideas...Wanted
- 15 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 16 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 17 US 101 closed N of Florence
- 18 FLORIDA CONDO--seeking general advice
- 19 Deep South roadtrip, 3 weeks, 2 more Brits needing your help!
- 20 Help with seeing Rocky Mountain National Park
- 21 Grand Tetons, Yellowstone and Banff in May or early Sept.?
- 22 Choosing best Seats Radio City
- 23 New Orleans help please
- 24 Better cooking store in Seattle
- 25 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach