We plan to stop in Yellowstone on our cross country trip to Seattle. We plan to follow a part of the Oregon Trail through Kansas and Nebraska, then up through Casper, WY to Cody and then to Yellowstone. We are pulling a 16' Casita travel trailer. We plan to stay in Cody on Aug. 14 and 15 to get a full day in the museum. (We did a half day there and two days in Yellowstone some years ago.) We want to consentrate on the north circle this trip with more wildlife viewing. We plan to make reservations for the full hook ups at Fishing Village on Sat. Aug 17 and Sun. Aug 18. We are thinking of camping off grid on Fri. night. near Tower Falls Question 1 Should we pull the trailer from Cody through Cooke City to the North East Entrance or go through the East Entrance and up to Tower Falls and then do the Lamar Valley in the PM after parking the trailer. Are the chances of not finding an off grid campground somewhere in the north too great to consider this? Any suggestions for Saturday and Sunday would be appreciated. We want to revisit Old Faithful but otherwise we are flexible. On Monday and Tuesday, Aug. 17& 18 we would like to camp at Teton NP. We would like to stay at Jenny Lake at least one night but understand that spaces fill up quickly. Any suggestions on camping places and great views are welcome. Your comments are appreciated.
Our Yellowstone Plans
View all United States activity »
- 1 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 2 Which San Francisco vacation apartment rental has a better location?
- 3 Question about Boulder area
- 4 Univesity of Wisconsin Madison college visit -any tips
- 5 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 6 Sedona to Palm Springs
- 7 Two days December Arches Zion or ???
- 8 Viginia Jan 18-21st
- 9 Need a Good family restaurant near Disney World
- 10 Pix from Paradise (Kauai)
- 11 6 Reasons Hawaii Will Ruin Your Life
- 12 Denali Bus Tour Evaluation
- 13 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 14 Would this still be a good NYC to Boston Route?
- 15 Where to stay in Kauai in December?
- 16 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 17 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 18 RV trip from Raleigh NC to Grand Canyon, Zion, Arches.. and?
- 19 Fort Lauderdale weather in late January
- 20 For NYC Tourists ... How to spot a New Yorker
- 21 What is the most European looking city in the United States?
- 22 Biloxi questions again
- 23 San Francisco - Stu Dudley's Recommendations
- 24 Madison Square Garden
- 25 SuperShuttle - are they always so rude?