We plan to stop in Yellowstone on our cross country trip to Seattle. We plan to follow a part of the Oregon Trail through Kansas and Nebraska, then up through Casper, WY to Cody and then to Yellowstone. We are pulling a 16' Casita travel trailer. We plan to stay in Cody on Aug. 14 and 15 to get a full day in the museum. (We did a half day there and two days in Yellowstone some years ago.) We want to consentrate on the north circle this trip with more wildlife viewing. We plan to make reservations for the full hook ups at Fishing Village on Sat. Aug 17 and Sun. Aug 18. We are thinking of camping off grid on Fri. night. near Tower Falls Question 1 Should we pull the trailer from Cody through Cooke City to the North East Entrance or go through the East Entrance and up to Tower Falls and then do the Lamar Valley in the PM after parking the trailer. Are the chances of not finding an off grid campground somewhere in the north too great to consider this? Any suggestions for Saturday and Sunday would be appreciated. We want to revisit Old Faithful but otherwise we are flexible. On Monday and Tuesday, Aug. 17& 18 we would like to camp at Teton NP. We would like to stay at Jenny Lake at least one night but understand that spaces fill up quickly. Any suggestions on camping places and great views are welcome. Your comments are appreciated.
Our Yellowstone Plans
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 California road trip
- 2 LA, San Diego and San Francisco in 8 days -- can/should we try?
- 3 Need help with Yellowstone and area starting in SLC
- 4 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 5 Flights from Bay Area to Orlando, Florida
- 6 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 7 ONP help
- 8 December Break Need Recommendations for Southern Travel
- 9 Savanah Sojourn
- 10 Hwy 54 instead of I-40 from Tucumcari to Wichita good or bad idea?
- 11 The Driftless Area: An underappreciated region of the Upper Midwest
- 12 Seeking thoughtful advice on Yellowstone/Tetons trip!
- 13 Trip Report - Dinosaur National Monument- UT/CO
- 14 Mountain hiking in the US for kids - Fall/Spring . . .
- 15 Poss. Itinerary for Aug. Portland to San Fran family vacay - TIPS PLEASE
- 16 Wisconsin - Dells and Madison
- 17 Vail or Aspen in summertime?
- 18 Providence,RI - restaurant and Waterfire advice
- 19 Seattle Hyatts
- 20 Seattle: Something Different?
- 21 Texas and Deep South Road Trip - with Limited Time!
- 22 Camping in the Adirondacks
- 23 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 24 Best non-nature activites around Yellowstone and Grand Teton?
- 25 Mesa Verde National Park - a Photo Album on Flickr