We plan to stop in Yellowstone on our cross country trip to Seattle. We plan to follow a part of the Oregon Trail through Kansas and Nebraska, then up through Casper, WY to Cody and then to Yellowstone. We are pulling a 16' Casita travel trailer. We plan to stay in Cody on Aug. 14 and 15 to get a full day in the museum. (We did a half day there and two days in Yellowstone some years ago.) We want to consentrate on the north circle this trip with more wildlife viewing. We plan to make reservations for the full hook ups at Fishing Village on Sat. Aug 17 and Sun. Aug 18. We are thinking of camping off grid on Fri. night. near Tower Falls Question 1 Should we pull the trailer from Cody through Cooke City to the North East Entrance or go through the East Entrance and up to Tower Falls and then do the Lamar Valley in the PM after parking the trailer. Are the chances of not finding an off grid campground somewhere in the north too great to consider this? Any suggestions for Saturday and Sunday would be appreciated. We want to revisit Old Faithful but otherwise we are flexible. On Monday and Tuesday, Aug. 17& 18 we would like to camp at Teton NP. We would like to stay at Jenny Lake at least one night but understand that spaces fill up quickly. Any suggestions on camping places and great views are welcome. Your comments are appreciated.
Our Yellowstone Plans
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 2 Fun restaurants in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge
- 3 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 4 Driving between Nashville and Memphis
- 5 Road to Hana in 2 days without spending the night???
- 6 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 7 San Francisco - Anyone use Rover app for Muni tracking?
- 8 Can I make a 1pm flight out of OGG if I stay the night before in Hana?
- 9 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 10 San Francisco itinerary help
- 11 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 12 Long Weekend Great Smoky Mountains, March 2014, Gatlinburg
- 13 An overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows
- 14 Fun restaurant for kids before Broadway play
- 15 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 16 Albuquerque Recommendations
- 17 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 18 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 19 Brooklyn why?
- 20 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 21 Is it a good idea to stay near LAX?
- 22 Road trip from Nashville to Dallas
- 23 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 24 New York City Restaurants
- 25 Where can I best see Orca whales in the wild?