Hello from Texas!
We are taking our first family vacation to the lovely Niagara area. We have a lot that we want to do in just a small handfull of days. I have included our current itinerary below. There are questions throughout. Any hints, concerns, suggestions are appreciated.
If one buys the Great Gorge Adventure Pass, can you board the Maid of the Mist from the US side with that pass?
Niagara Falls Itinerary
Friday, July 13, 2007
Flight Arrives 10:29 PM
Stay at Marriott Fallsview (Booked 3 nights)
Saturday, July 14, 2007
Wake up in CAN
Buy The Great Gorge Adventure Pass (where can I buy this on-line?)
(We can take the Falls Incline Rail from 9:00 to all the Falls attractions from our hotel for C$1 each.)
Ride Maid of the Mist (1 hr duration, starts at 9 AM)
Walk to US Side over Rainbow Bridge
Trolley to Goat Island
Do Cave of the Winds (US Side, pay separately)
Walk to Terrapin Point
Lunch - Top of the Falls Restaurant
trolly to Rainbow Bridge
Walk to CAN Side over Rainbow Bridge
Journey or Cave tour (CAN) (30 mins duration, 9 AM to 5 PM)
White Water Walk
Butterfly Conservatory 1 hr minimum 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
People Mover back to
Dinner - where??? Table Rock Restaurant?
Fall fast asleep back at Marriott Fallsview
Can we really do all of this in 1 day????
Sunday, July 15, 2007
Church somewhere in Niagara - Catholic church suggestions???
Drive to Niagara on the Lake (NOTL) via the Niagara Parkway, 13 miles, a very pretty drive.
While there see the 200 year old homes, on Queen Street stop at Renaissance, a chocolate factory! Don't eat on this street due to the high prices!
See the fort.
Wine valley tour - which ones???
Head back south...
See Welland Canal near St. Catharines, Canada to watch ships in the locks.
Back to Niagara for Fireworks at 10:00 p.m.
Sleep last night in Niagara at Marriott Fallsview.
Monday, July 16
Drive to Toronto
Is this a good value?
Go up in the tower
See the castle, Casa Loma
Other things to see/do?
Where to eat???
Spend night in Toronto
Tuesday. July 17
Drive back around to NOTL and follow Seaway Trail to Rochester
Maybe stop at a beach
Any other must see stops along the way???
Rochester - See toy museum
Spend the night there, maybe at the Best Western
Wednesday, July 18
Drive to Letchworth State Park
See the gorge
Lunch at the Inn
Drive to Buffalo.
Turn in Rental Car, shuttle to Hotel
Go to bed early (before 10 PM)
Spend the night near the airport in Buffalo
Thursday, July 19
Hotel Shuttle to Airport
Get up 5AM and fly home...
If you see any issue with time (both too much activity and not enought time <or> too much time and not enough activities), please point that out.
Our Trip Itinerary to Niagara/NOTL/Rochester/Letchworth
Hello from Texas!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 West Coast Bound End of March
- 2 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 3 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 4 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 5 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 6 Oahu ideas
- 7 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 8 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 9 Key Largo, FL
- 10 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 11 Death Valley in June
- 12 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 13 Rodeo Near Tulsa or Woodward?
- 14 San Diego grocery stores
- 15 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 16 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 17 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 18 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 19 Southern California Dining Guide - 2014/2015
- 20 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 21 Nude Beaches- Positive or Negative Experience?
- 22 Buy GoPro Hero3
- 23 Down to three New York City hotels for December visit
- 24 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 25 Roadtrip Across the Country