My husband and I are considering a stay in the Orlando area - we live in Ohio and this visit would be in November or December, with a hotel near Universal we are considering. We have already done the Disney/Universal visit years ago. Part of the reason for our stay in this area is proximity to relatives in the very rural Salt Springs, Fl area (we'd prefer to be in an "action" zone this trip!). My main objective in writing is to inquire if there are nice walking/scenic trails that are a close drive, and to hear of any other activities for a couple in their 60's who like concerts and scenic sights, best beach areas, or just fun places to walk around in general. He likes to golf, so any recommendations for budget friendly golf courses would be great also. Thanks for any input.
Orlando "Low Key" Activities
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Drive Seattle to Las Vegas
- 2 Yellowstone/Badlands trip, family of five, revised itinerary, June 2015
- 3 Denver, Colorado, local's advice: Bistrot Vendome or other?
- 4 San Diego Lodging help needed
- 5 yk & family 4-day trip to Portland, Maine; July 2014
- 6 moving to florida
- 7 New Englandly: a Bit of Time in Massachusetts and Maine
- 8 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 9 Convenient Accommodation suggestions
- 10 Trip Report - Jersey Shore, Cherry Hill, Philly, back to the roots...
- 11 Carlsbad/San Diego Ideas
- 12 Road Trip Help--- Philly to Sunset, SC (Virginia portion)
- 13 Alaska Local Knowledge Request
- 14 A few SF recommendations/itinerary review
- 15 Cape Cod trip report
- 16 Detroit area getaway - outside of the city
- 17 What a great weekend in Cooperstown (July 24-27)
- 18 Vacation with 1 year old - ideas?
- 19 Alaska Trip Report—10 days by car in July
- 20 Road Trip SW
- 21 Seafood
- 22 2 weeks in Alaska
- 23 San Diego farmer's markets
- 24 DENALI FLIGHTSEEING/BUS TOUR OPTION?
- 25 Honeymoon/road trip/adventure/help!