My husband and I are considering a stay in the Orlando area - we live in Ohio and this visit would be in November or December, with a hotel near Universal we are considering. We have already done the Disney/Universal visit years ago. Part of the reason for our stay in this area is proximity to relatives in the very rural Salt Springs, Fl area (we'd prefer to be in an "action" zone this trip!). My main objective in writing is to inquire if there are nice walking/scenic trails that are a close drive, and to hear of any other activities for a couple in their 60's who like concerts and scenic sights, best beach areas, or just fun places to walk around in general. He likes to golf, so any recommendations for budget friendly golf courses would be great also. Thanks for any input.
Orlando "Low Key" Activities
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 2 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 3 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 4 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 5 NYC theatre broadway
- 6 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 7 First family ski trip
- 8 Suggestions? Family of four that like National Parks
- 9 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 10 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 11 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 12 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 13 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 14 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 15 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 16 Visiting Denver
- 17 Visiting Denver
- 18 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 19 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 20 Alternatives to Disney in Florida
- 21 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 22 Denver in a half day
- 23 Safe Way of renting property in Orlando
- 24 Return to Utah - New Sites
- 25 Oahu ideas