I am looking at spending 3 days in Orlando 27-29 October 2011, then travelling on to Charleston/Savannah, DC then NY. My only reason for doing Orlando is my partner is crazy for Space exploration, and I thought the Kennedy Space Centre would be worth a visit. I understand that the space shuttle program is now ended, but I am sure there is lots there to see.
All I can see when I research Orlando is DIsneyworld, which is of NO interest to me.
Should I just allow 1 day to see the Space Centre and move on, or skip it altogether and maybe settle for the space centre in DC which I hear is quite good.
Any thoughts would be appreciated
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 LA! Active, FUN couple - area to stay/itenerary
- 2 Savannah and Charleston over New Years.
- 3 moving to Florida
- 4 2016/17 Ski Season Opens
- 5 Arizona in winter
- 6 Warmth in December without Zika??
- 7 Washington DC Trip in December with Small Children
- 8 Advertising Sublets in NYC Now Illegal - Air BnB Has Pulled Listings
- 9 Las Vegas Vacation
- 10 DC restaurant report
- 11 Eastern California Winter Roadtrip
- 12 Travel in Houston and surrounding area
- 13 Trip Report: San Francisco, Monterey, Wine Country
- 14 The famous SF -> Seattle road trip
- 15 Northern California Redwoods
- 16 Southwestern Virginia Ideas?
- 17 Smoky Mountains Honeymoon
- 18 East Tennesee to mohonk.
- 19 Neue Galerie
- 20 SF with school-age kids -- too much to choose!
- 21 Thoughts on our Palm Springs Plans
- 22 Polynesian Cultural Centre
- 23 Philadelphia - Safe?
- 24 SF-Yosemite-Monterey Peninsula
- 25 NYC bus tour suggestions