Myself, my husband and our two daughters, 16 and 20 will be in Orlando December 30 - Jan. 2. We are going on for a company event and staying at a Universal Studios property and attending the Capital One bowl - this portion is paid for by the company and set.
We are interesting in extending our stay Jan 2 - 5 at another location in Florida.
I know weather can be iffy in North Florida during that time, but wanted to see if there is a location within a few hours drive with a good airport that might be nice for us to extend our time in... ?
We would rent a car, drive, spend a few days at a beach location and fly out from there...
Looking for suggestions on that "beach" location - I figured we needed to head south.. maybe Ft. Lauderdale?
Orlando and ????
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 2 Your Help with Must Sees in Southern Arizona
- 3 Locker at JFK
- 4 Suggestions? Family of four that like National Parks
- 5 San Diego grocery stores
- 6 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 7 Best places to move to Florida?
- 8 Kinky Boots and Pippin. Fodor reviews
- 9 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 10 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 11 Question about Miami travel
- 12 Buy GoPro Hero3
- 13 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 14 Key Largo, FL
- 15 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 16 Nude Beaches- Positive or Negative Experience?
- 17 San Antonio Airport Taxi to Majestic... and Food Suggestions??
- 18 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 19 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 20 West Coast Bound End of March
- 21 Help with Northeast vacation strategy
- 22 Austin Anniversary Dinner
- 23 driver for airport pick up in NY
- 24 Socorro, NM to Yellowstone and back in 7-8 days
- 25 let's do a new Hawaii countdown