Myself, my husband and our two daughters, 16 and 20 will be in Orlando December 30 - Jan. 2. We are going on for a company event and staying at a Universal Studios property and attending the Capital One bowl - this portion is paid for by the company and set.
We are interesting in extending our stay Jan 2 - 5 at another location in Florida.
I know weather can be iffy in North Florida during that time, but wanted to see if there is a location within a few hours drive with a good airport that might be nice for us to extend our time in... ?
We would rent a car, drive, spend a few days at a beach location and fly out from there...
Looking for suggestions on that "beach" location - I figured we needed to head south.. maybe Ft. Lauderdale?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Itinerary Advice for SLC - Moab - Zion
- 2 NC large cabin rental - Thanksgiving
- 3 Should we skip Yosemite?
- 4 Ashland, Wisconsin
- 5 New Orleans Best Guided Tours
- 6 3 weeks No Cal and OR coast trip advise
- 7 AC Hotels cheap by clean
- 8 11 days SE coast road trip
- 9 Deep South sept 2015
- 10 Do you travel with your US passport if just traveling in the US?
- 11 My Topic TitlePalm Springs at the Last MInute, Help Please!
- 12 Highway 1 motels
- 13 San Diego Clothing Help (woman)
- 14 Need a short term apartment in BOSTON
- 15 Car Hire Alamo
- 16 Telluride Parking - Cheaper Options
- 17 International student, applying for school
- 18 The Big Island, Kauai, and Maui: A Songdoc Trip Report
- 19 Seattle - newby questions
- 20 Glacier National Park, should we cancel our plans?
- 21 Roadtrip in the South. Help on when to go!
- 22 Mackinac or Holland?
- 23 Alabama vs. Florida Beaches
- 24 Best beach to try surfing around Monterey/Santa Cruz?
- 25 Photographers Need Maine Driving Itinerary from Fairfield County, CT