Myself, my husband and our two daughters, 16 and 20 will be in Orlando December 30 - Jan. 2. We are going on for a company event and staying at a Universal Studios property and attending the Capital One bowl - this portion is paid for by the company and set.
We are interesting in extending our stay Jan 2 - 5 at another location in Florida.
I know weather can be iffy in North Florida during that time, but wanted to see if there is a location within a few hours drive with a good airport that might be nice for us to extend our time in... ?
We would rent a car, drive, spend a few days at a beach location and fly out from there...
Looking for suggestions on that "beach" location - I figured we needed to head south.. maybe Ft. Lauderdale?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 a short trip to san francisco
- 2 Traveling to CO, worried about altitude sickness!
- 3 Best route to tour most of Michigan-Help!
- 4 Summer in Michigan
- 5 Naples/ Fort Myers
- 6 10-14 daycar fr. Monterey, CA to Jackson WY. Help - towns / Nat'l Parks
- 7 Glacier National Park
- 8 Big Island and Kauai questions
- 9 South east road trip
- 10 New England Road Trip Itinerary
- 11 Huntington Beach to Yosemite
- 12 6 days ABQ to Moab,4 Corners, Mesa Verde doable?
- 13 How much in 7 days on West Coast?
- 14 Where to stay for three nights after Volcanoes National Park
- 15 Scenic vistas along the road the big island Hawaii
- 16 sight seeing Las Vegas to Palm Springs to Sante Fe
- 17 Where's best place to stay near volcano big island besides volcano house?
- 18 Any Sanibel experts?
- 19 Oregon Trip March 2017
- 20 Later Winter around Mobile
- 21 Rafting the Colorado
- 22 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS
- 23 Florida keys trip
- 24 USA Trip in 4 Weeks
- 25 Coffee in Boston?