I'm doing my 3rd trip to Oregondriving from Utah. It's a LONG drive and I need some suggestions for a loop route based on pet friendly and my already booked rental homes.
Have 2 nights to stay along the way before arriving at rental #1 in Bandon (booked for 4 nts).
Next - drive to rental #2 near Talent (between Jacksonville & Ashland for 5 nts)
Next 3 nts to travel home -
I would like to visit Crater Lake, mainly for scenery and short hike. I have a place in Fort Klamath that is available for 3 nts, but would probably only stay for 2 and head home.
Or, should I get an early start from rental #2, spend the day at Crater Lake, stay at Diamond Lake and continue on to Sisters, OR for a 1 night visit? A co-worker (former OR resident) recommended Sisters. I visited Bend a couple years ago and like it, but don't need to return. Sisters is a bit more out of the way for the drive home, but not far considering the overall drive back to UT.
I will probably go west on I-80 and thru the NV desert on the way out. Recommendations for an overnight stopping point? Should I spend 1 night along the far south OR coast (Brookings?) before heading up to Bandon? Remember, need pet friendly lodging.
OK Oregon experts - what do you think?
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 헬로우카지노／／【ＡkＡ8８9。Ｃ0M】／／헬로우카지노
- 2 Seattle to Portland- ideas for places to stay?
- 3 Alaska Trip Report: Anchorage, Denali, Seward, Juneau & Glacier Bay
- 4 Cody, Wyoming rodeo
- 5 Our Badlands, Black Hills, Yellowstone Adventure, June 2015
- 6 Best route to Cody?
- 7 Miami Transportation Mid-Beach to South Beach
- 8 Help finalize my Colorado activities & lodging
- 9 NYC Vacation Packages - Two Thumbs Up!
- 10 Las Vegas
- 11 Los Angeles 4 nghts/5days
- 12 Yosemite and Sequoia
- 13 Bath County, VA - anyone ever been?
- 14 6 days in Boston - review itinerary & other recs needed
- 15 national/state park in November
- 16 Road trip NYC to Dallas
- 17 Family trip to San Diego. Itinerary help!
- 18 50th in Hawaii
- 19 Florida Family vacation in California
- 20 Western Trip - CO, Utah, NV
- 21 Driving route: Monument Valley to Moab on hot day
- 22 traveling to Nashville
- 23 The Big Island, Kauai, and Maui: A Songdoc Trip Report
- 24 Trip Report - San Francisco advise for 1st timers like us!!
- 25 San Francisco California
Oregon Road Trip with Rental Homes, Need Route Suggestions