I'm doing my 3rd trip to Oregondriving from Utah. It's a LONG drive and I need some suggestions for a loop route based on pet friendly and my already booked rental homes.
Have 2 nights to stay along the way before arriving at rental #1 in Bandon (booked for 4 nts).
Next - drive to rental #2 near Talent (between Jacksonville & Ashland for 5 nts)
Next 3 nts to travel home -
I would like to visit Crater Lake, mainly for scenery and short hike. I have a place in Fort Klamath that is available for 3 nts, but would probably only stay for 2 and head home.
Or, should I get an early start from rental #2, spend the day at Crater Lake, stay at Diamond Lake and continue on to Sisters, OR for a 1 night visit? A co-worker (former OR resident) recommended Sisters. I visited Bend a couple years ago and like it, but don't need to return. Sisters is a bit more out of the way for the drive home, but not far considering the overall drive back to UT.
I will probably go west on I-80 and thru the NV desert on the way out. Recommendations for an overnight stopping point? Should I spend 1 night along the far south OR coast (Brookings?) before heading up to Bandon? Remember, need pet friendly lodging.
OK Oregon experts - what do you think?
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Arizona in winter
- 2 SF-Yosemite-Monterey Peninsula
- 3 SF with school-age kids -- too much to choose!
- 4 NYC bus tour suggestions
- 5 Savannah and Charleston over New Years.
- 6 My parents planned a vacation for me without asking.
- 7 Key West
- 8 moving to Florida
- 9 DC restaurant report
- 10 trip repor 5th-8th October
- 11 Neue Galerie
- 12 Glacier and Grand Tetons: June or July
- 13 HELP! Solo road trip - the Deep south - Hints & Tips needed!
- 14 A Few Days in Asheville
- 15 University of Florida, Gainesville Breakfast Spot
- 16 Going to Oahu December 1-8
- 17 Polynesian Cultural Centre
- 18 Going from Savanah to thru Smokey Mountains and to the Blue Ridge
- 19 Smoky Mountains Honeymoon
- 20 national park during thanksgiving
- 21 DC Tours, Washington, DC
- 22 RV Round Trip VA-CO Summertime
- 23 December trip to see snow
- 24 Northern California Redwoods
- 25 Visiting for a conference - where to stay (near stadiums) and sightseeing?
Oregon Road Trip with Rental Homes, Need Route Suggestions