I'm doing my 3rd trip to Oregondriving from Utah. It's a LONG drive and I need some suggestions for a loop route based on pet friendly and my already booked rental homes.
Have 2 nights to stay along the way before arriving at rental #1 in Bandon (booked for 4 nts).
Next - drive to rental #2 near Talent (between Jacksonville & Ashland for 5 nts)
Next 3 nts to travel home -
I would like to visit Crater Lake, mainly for scenery and short hike. I have a place in Fort Klamath that is available for 3 nts, but would probably only stay for 2 and head home.
Or, should I get an early start from rental #2, spend the day at Crater Lake, stay at Diamond Lake and continue on to Sisters, OR for a 1 night visit? A co-worker (former OR resident) recommended Sisters. I visited Bend a couple years ago and like it, but don't need to return. Sisters is a bit more out of the way for the drive home, but not far considering the overall drive back to UT.
I will probably go west on I-80 and thru the NV desert on the way out. Recommendations for an overnight stopping point? Should I spend 1 night along the far south OR coast (Brookings?) before heading up to Bandon? Remember, need pet friendly lodging.
OK Oregon experts - what do you think?
Thanks in advance!
Oregon Road Trip with Rental Homes, Need Route Suggestions
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 united and carry-ons
- 2 Palm Springs-Looking for Great Swimming Pool
- 3 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 4 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 5 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 6 Any feedback on our roadtrip schedule would be much appreciated!
- 7 Cape Cod in early April
- 8 USA with a 3 year old
- 9 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 10 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 11 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 12 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 13 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 14 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 15 Near Plum Island, MA ...what to see and do?
- 16 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 17 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 18 Light hiking around Santa Barbara
- 19 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 20 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 21 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 22 Car rental through Priceline bidding
- 23 Restaurants in Charleston, SC
- 24 And now...The 100 Best Things to Eat in Philadelphia
- 25 Road Trip Sept/Oct (4 weeks) Key West-Carolina's-Nashville-Memphis-Dallas-Denver