I'm doing my 3rd trip to Oregondriving from Utah. It's a LONG drive and I need some suggestions for a loop route based on pet friendly and my already booked rental homes.
Have 2 nights to stay along the way before arriving at rental #1 in Bandon (booked for 4 nts).
Next - drive to rental #2 near Talent (between Jacksonville & Ashland for 5 nts)
Next 3 nts to travel home -
I would like to visit Crater Lake, mainly for scenery and short hike. I have a place in Fort Klamath that is available for 3 nts, but would probably only stay for 2 and head home.
Or, should I get an early start from rental #2, spend the day at Crater Lake, stay at Diamond Lake and continue on to Sisters, OR for a 1 night visit? A co-worker (former OR resident) recommended Sisters. I visited Bend a couple years ago and like it, but don't need to return. Sisters is a bit more out of the way for the drive home, but not far considering the overall drive back to UT.
I will probably go west on I-80 and thru the NV desert on the way out. Recommendations for an overnight stopping point? Should I spend 1 night along the far south OR coast (Brookings?) before heading up to Bandon? Remember, need pet friendly lodging.
OK Oregon experts - what do you think?
Thanks in advance!
Oregon Road Trip with Rental Homes, Need Route Suggestions
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Travel West Coast
- 2 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 3 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 4 Cute towns in VIrginia for boutique shopping and restaurants
- 5 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving
- 6 New York City Restaurants
- 7 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 8 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas trip report
- 9 Hotels in LA ... I know...how long is a piece of string type question...
- 10 traveling Amtrak cross country
- 11 Favorite Washington, DC restaurants
- 12 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 13 Napa Girls Getaway - Need hotel advice
- 14 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 15 Place for a drink where kids are allowed? An NYC question.
- 16 Grand Staircase Esclante National Monument
- 17 Grand Circle Itinerary Utah
- 18 Dining in D.C.
- 19 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 20 Charleston, SC Beaches
- 21 9 Day Trip to Yosemite, Oregon and Washington State
- 22 Jersey City Parking
- 23 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 24 Washington DC Metro
- 25 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,