Have read some of the great posts re Oregon trips in this forum and need a little advice for our upcoming trip this July. We have from midday Wed. to the following midday Wed. to see some of the sights. I know this is very limited but we are making use of an airfare deal so we are locked in to this time-frame. We are 2 couples, late 40s to 50s primarily interested in sights, day-hikes (no camping) and wildlife. We don't want to attempt too much, but had hoped to see some of the Columbia River Gorge and Crater Lake NP as well as a little of the coast. Can this be done? We were thinking starting in Portland, working our way down through Bend to the NP and then back up the coast, with maybe even a visit to the Rogue River. Any help with locations, lodging (we don't need a 5 star resort), itinerary, or restaurants would be very much appreciated. Speaking of lodging, can one fly in at that time of the year and get nightly lodging in those areas without reservations? We thought about doing this so that we could be more flexible according to weather, but don't want to end up sleeping in the car.
Oregon in 7-8 days
- 1 Blue ridge parkway
- 2 One day in NYC
- 3 Minnesota State Fair
- 4 Cast Party at Birdland Monday nights
- 5 Another apartment rental scam in NYC
- 6 Chicago Architectural Tours
- 7 Columbus food !
- 8 Great Beach's
- 9 Jackson Hole & Yellowstone
- 10 Charleston, SC and Wild Dunes
- 11 Best ice cream in Charleston
- 12 Going to Dodge City, Kansas
- 13 Fires in Colorado
- 14 National Parks?
- 15 Hotels in New Orleans
- 16 Seattle in July
- 17 1st trip to Los Angeles
- 18 10 day Hawaii Vacations
- 19 Texas & the Deep South Road Trip Feb/March 2013
- 20 Circular road trip for 8 days from New York including Niagra Falls
- 21 Kauai Timeshare Recommendations
- 22 timeshare: good idea or no? Please help!
- 23 New York, New York...my kind of town
- 24 Wildfire near Yosemite
- 25 Riverwalk Restaurant near the Alamo San Antonio