My partner and I are headed to Oregon for 7 days in August and I'm stuck trying to decide whether to include the Mt. Hood / Columbia River Gorge area in our itinerary or not. Thus far the plan is that we'll be spending three nights based in Cannon Beach, to explore the northern Coast, then we have 2 nights unspoken for, followed by 2 nights in Portland to end the trip. I'm debating between giving the 2 nights in the middle to either the Yachats/Florence area OR Mount Hood. I'm leaning towards more time on the coast simply because we live quite near the Canadian Rockies (Jasper and Banff) and so I wonder whether Mount Hood will just be more mountains (albeit beautiful), whereas the coast is something we don't have locally and so would feel more unique, at least to us. Am I overlooking something truly amazing by choosing to skip Mount Hood? Is more time on the coast a good idea? In terms of our interests I think both would be great (we enjoy hiking, taking drives, quaint little towns etc) but I'm wondering what other people's thoughts are on this debate. All opinions are much appreciated
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Arizona in winter
- 2 Paris-Room Selection Advice Needed ASAP for last minute trip. TIA.
- 3 Advertising Sublets in NYC Now Illegal - Air BnB Has Pulled Listings
- 4 disneyland
- 5 Polynesian Cultural Centre
- 6 2016/17 Ski Season Opens
- 7 Restaurant Recommendations mid-city Manhattan
- 8 Key West
- 9 Eastern California Winter Roadtrip
- 10 Glacier and Grand Tetons: June or July
- 11 Las Vegas Vacation
- 12 LA! Active, FUN couple - area to stay/itenerary
- 13 Savannah and Charleston over New Years.
- 14 moving to Florida
- 15 Warmth in December without Zika??
- 16 Washington DC Trip in December with Small Children
- 17 DC restaurant report
- 18 Travel in Houston and surrounding area
- 19 Trip Report: San Francisco, Monterey, Wine Country
- 20 The famous SF -> Seattle road trip
- 21 Northern California Redwoods
- 22 Southwestern Virginia Ideas?
- 23 Smoky Mountains Honeymoon
- 24 East Tennesee to mohonk.
- 25 Neue Galerie