My partner and I are headed to Oregon for 7 days in August and I'm stuck trying to decide whether to include the Mt. Hood / Columbia River Gorge area in our itinerary or not. Thus far the plan is that we'll be spending three nights based in Cannon Beach, to explore the northern Coast, then we have 2 nights unspoken for, followed by 2 nights in Portland to end the trip. I'm debating between giving the 2 nights in the middle to either the Yachats/Florence area OR Mount Hood. I'm leaning towards more time on the coast simply because we live quite near the Canadian Rockies (Jasper and Banff) and so I wonder whether Mount Hood will just be more mountains (albeit beautiful), whereas the coast is something we don't have locally and so would feel more unique, at least to us. Am I overlooking something truly amazing by choosing to skip Mount Hood? Is more time on the coast a good idea? In terms of our interests I think both would be great (we enjoy hiking, taking drives, quaint little towns etc) but I'm wondering what other people's thoughts are on this debate. All opinions are much appreciated
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Testosterone Supplementation>>>http://fornatgaex.com/tvolve-reviews/
- 2 Great OR beach house locations?
- 3 Pittsburgh to Richmond - Possible Routes?
- 4 Four Nights in Texas? San Antonio? Austin? Dallas?
- 5 Honeymoon Trip to California
- 6 Honeymoon on PCH
- 7 Shuttle, taxi or Uber from PGD to Boca Grande area
- 8 East Nashville or Hillsboro Village
- 9 Road Trip From Central PA TO CA (LA, California)
- 10 Early 2017 Broadway Banter - "Come From Away"
- 11 No Spam this morning!!
- 12 San Francisco transit options
- 13 Best Kids' Skiing <3 hours from Chicago?
- 14 South Beach, Miami Affordable Hotels
- 15 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 16 Best ground transportation from Denver airport to Boulder?
- 17 Driving from San Francisco to Seattle late december/early january
- 18 First time visit to New Orleans: Hilton Riverside or New Orleans Marriott?
- 19 Best/Cheapest way to get to Copper Mtn, CO?
- 20 Ideas for New York
- 21 Driving from San Diego CA to Great lakes IL in FEB
- 22 Seeing The Hunley in Charleston
- 23 Hollywood Area where to stay
- 24 Lodging outside of Yellowstone
- 25 San Francisco food suggestions?