My partner and I are headed to Oregon for 7 days in August and I'm stuck trying to decide whether to include the Mt. Hood / Columbia River Gorge area in our itinerary or not. Thus far the plan is that we'll be spending three nights based in Cannon Beach, to explore the northern Coast, then we have 2 nights unspoken for, followed by 2 nights in Portland to end the trip. I'm debating between giving the 2 nights in the middle to either the Yachats/Florence area OR Mount Hood. I'm leaning towards more time on the coast simply because we live quite near the Canadian Rockies (Jasper and Banff) and so I wonder whether Mount Hood will just be more mountains (albeit beautiful), whereas the coast is something we don't have locally and so would feel more unique, at least to us. Am I overlooking something truly amazing by choosing to skip Mount Hood? Is more time on the coast a good idea? In terms of our interests I think both would be great (we enjoy hiking, taking drives, quaint little towns etc) but I'm wondering what other people's thoughts are on this debate. All opinions are much appreciated
Oregon for 7 days: Mount Hood or not?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 2 Pet Friendly places in Myrtle Beach
- 3 Richmond highlights?
- 4 New York Food Tours
- 5 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 6 Must Eats
- 7 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 8 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 9 Need condo suggestions in Destin
- 10 Restaurants in and around Asheville, NC
- 11 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 12 montana vs ft nelson bc area
- 13 Florida St George's Island
- 14 Central Park Fall Foliage
- 15 Union Square area restaurant
- 16 Three or Four Nights in Moab?
- 17 4 week family trip ideas
- 18 Driving around Grand Canyon NP?
- 19 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 20 Breckenridge in October
- 21 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 22 Weather in Hawaii in January
- 23 Good area to stay in for young (20-something) married couple?
- 24 Washington DC in Spring?
- 25 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???