My partner and I are headed to Oregon for 7 days in August and I'm stuck trying to decide whether to include the Mt. Hood / Columbia River Gorge area in our itinerary or not. Thus far the plan is that we'll be spending three nights based in Cannon Beach, to explore the northern Coast, then we have 2 nights unspoken for, followed by 2 nights in Portland to end the trip. I'm debating between giving the 2 nights in the middle to either the Yachats/Florence area OR Mount Hood. I'm leaning towards more time on the coast simply because we live quite near the Canadian Rockies (Jasper and Banff) and so I wonder whether Mount Hood will just be more mountains (albeit beautiful), whereas the coast is something we don't have locally and so would feel more unique, at least to us. Am I overlooking something truly amazing by choosing to skip Mount Hood? Is more time on the coast a good idea? In terms of our interests I think both would be great (we enjoy hiking, taking drives, quaint little towns etc) but I'm wondering what other people's thoughts are on this debate. All opinions are much appreciated
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 TESTIMONY ON HOW I GOT MY LOAN
- 2 Need Help w/ Itinerary-Redwood NP, Mendocino, Sea Ranch Lodge
- 3 Seattle Airport to Downtown
- 4 Bedford Stuyvesant
- 5 accessible shuttes from Nashville airport to Omni Hotel
- 6 Where to stay in or near San Simeon for one night?
- 7 prepaid broadband for ipad
- 8 Anna Maria Island--is north end "too" quiet?
- 9 October New England Honeymoon??
- 10 Would Torrey be a good base for Moab/Canyonlands
- 11 Zion National Park
- 12 Hawaii with 2 young teens
- 13 Lodging recs for Mackinac Island
- 14 Hawaii's Rat Lungworm
- 15 Luggage Storage at ORD (Hilton)
- 16 A week in Ohau - what to do?
- 17 What to do in Asheville
- 18 Good restaurant in Topeka, KS
- 19 Road trip from San Francisco to San Diego
- 20 Denver to Yellowstone
- 21 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 22 Zion and Bryce... which to do first
- 23 Boulder, CO vs Denver, CO
- 24 Crazy to travel to Salem Massachusetts by myself?
- 25 Traveling across USA via Greyhound