My partner and I are headed to Oregon for 7 days in August and I'm stuck trying to decide whether to include the Mt. Hood / Columbia River Gorge area in our itinerary or not. Thus far the plan is that we'll be spending three nights based in Cannon Beach, to explore the northern Coast, then we have 2 nights unspoken for, followed by 2 nights in Portland to end the trip. I'm debating between giving the 2 nights in the middle to either the Yachats/Florence area OR Mount Hood. I'm leaning towards more time on the coast simply because we live quite near the Canadian Rockies (Jasper and Banff) and so I wonder whether Mount Hood will just be more mountains (albeit beautiful), whereas the coast is something we don't have locally and so would feel more unique, at least to us. Am I overlooking something truly amazing by choosing to skip Mount Hood? Is more time on the coast a good idea? In terms of our interests I think both would be great (we enjoy hiking, taking drives, quaint little towns etc) but I'm wondering what other people's thoughts are on this debate. All opinions are much appreciated
Oregon for 7 days: Mount Hood or not?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Skiing New Mexico
- 2 Sacramento to State College, PA in late November
- 3 Trip Report to Pacific Northwest: August 2014
- 4 Angels Crest and Rim of the World Scenic Drives: Mid-November 2014
- 5 Three nights in Chicago -- a report
- 6 New York Movie Tours & TV Show Tours on your Mobile
- 7 Hotel in Newton outside Boston - need transportation and related advice
- 8 I am turning 60 and boy do I need help with my trip!
- 9 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 10 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 11 Thinking about moving from PA to Florida (Dr. Phillips area of Orlando)
- 12 Saturday arrival Seattle airport to Lake Crescent
- 13 USA and Canada in 2 months
- 14 Grand Canyon , Zion and Bryce Itinerary suggestions
- 15 Drive from Grand Canyon to Prescott next week
- 16 Houston Weekend Planning Help Needed, please
- 17 Special Occasion/Fancy Dress shops in South Florida
- 18 Looking for a travel loop in Arizona (Las Vegas to Tucson & back)
- 19 Is the New York subway safe?
- 20 Hotel near the Miami airport
- 21 Girls Weekend Trip to Sarasota/Tampa Florida Area
- 22 Where to from Tampa?
- 23 kuai and maui top 10 to see list
- 24 DC in Dec-Restaurant ideas near Hilton Mark Alexandria
- 25 Richmond to Oklahoma City Slowly: what not to miss?