My partner and I are headed to Oregon for 7 days in August and I'm stuck trying to decide whether to include the Mt. Hood / Columbia River Gorge area in our itinerary or not. Thus far the plan is that we'll be spending three nights based in Cannon Beach, to explore the northern Coast, then we have 2 nights unspoken for, followed by 2 nights in Portland to end the trip. I'm debating between giving the 2 nights in the middle to either the Yachats/Florence area OR Mount Hood. I'm leaning towards more time on the coast simply because we live quite near the Canadian Rockies (Jasper and Banff) and so I wonder whether Mount Hood will just be more mountains (albeit beautiful), whereas the coast is something we don't have locally and so would feel more unique, at least to us. Am I overlooking something truly amazing by choosing to skip Mount Hood? Is more time on the coast a good idea? In terms of our interests I think both would be great (we enjoy hiking, taking drives, quaint little towns etc) but I'm wondering what other people's thoughts are on this debate. All opinions are much appreciated
Oregon for 7 days: Mount Hood or not?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Denver, Colorado to Grand Canyon, Arizona Summer Trip
- 2 LA with 12-year old granddaughter
- 3 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 4 Seattle Transportation??
- 5 San Juan Islands... cruise question
- 6 Advice on Roadtrip
- 7 Mendocino - Sonoma
- 8 Cabin in Asheville area
- 9 Car Rental - NYC help me figure out logistics
- 10 Friendship, fiddling, and freezing in Boston
- 11 Zion the narrows
- 12 Dessert with a view in Monterey?
- 13 Another Perfect Visit to Paradise: Kauai
- 14 Hanging Lake Hike (CO) with Kids?
- 15 Specific Hotel & Activity Help Seattle - Sheraton or Switch?
- 16 New England Family Trip - August
- 17 Tahoe - Yosemite Spring Hiking Trip Advice
- 18 Anyone familiar with America Car Rental?
- 19 Twenty Nine Palms to Dana Point, CA
- 20 Cell phone service in Moab
- 21 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 22 2 weeks in California++ in April - Need suggestions on itinerary
- 23 Glacier, Yellowstone, Teton Road Trip
- 24 Drive from San Francisco to Seattle
- 25 Lake Las Vegas Hotels Properties: Any favorites?