My partner and I are headed to Oregon for 7 days in August and I'm stuck trying to decide whether to include the Mt. Hood / Columbia River Gorge area in our itinerary or not. Thus far the plan is that we'll be spending three nights based in Cannon Beach, to explore the northern Coast, then we have 2 nights unspoken for, followed by 2 nights in Portland to end the trip. I'm debating between giving the 2 nights in the middle to either the Yachats/Florence area OR Mount Hood. I'm leaning towards more time on the coast simply because we live quite near the Canadian Rockies (Jasper and Banff) and so I wonder whether Mount Hood will just be more mountains (albeit beautiful), whereas the coast is something we don't have locally and so would feel more unique, at least to us. Am I overlooking something truly amazing by choosing to skip Mount Hood? Is more time on the coast a good idea? In terms of our interests I think both would be great (we enjoy hiking, taking drives, quaint little towns etc) but I'm wondering what other people's thoughts are on this debate. All opinions are much appreciated
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Looking for suggestions for Washington state weekend getaways
- 2 Cross Country NH to WA
- 3 best binocular for travel
- 4 Our Badlands, Black Hills, Yellowstone Adventure, June 2015
- 5 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall
- 6 Amish
- 7 Place to stay in Cocoa Beach
- 8 Nantucket for Columbus Weekend
- 9 Seattle Hotels
- 10 Cayo Costa State Park
- 11 2 months in Hawaii!
- 12 Las Vegas to LA by car.
- 13 My Bucket List Retirement Trip
- 14 Philadelphia to Sunset, SC via I81 and others
- 15 Self-Catering to Lunch at Philadelphia's Barnes Collection
- 16 Utah, arizona part three
- 17 GTG Boston-Cambridge July 12
- 18 Providence question
- 19 New OAK-Coliseum Shuttle -- Cost?
- 20 NY to North Carolina family road trip in August
- 21 3 day cruise from Boston
- 22 Sonoma to Glacier NP via Craters Lake and Olympic National Park
- 23 Grand Canyon - South or East entrance?
- 24 Weekend Getaway to Philly - 2nd week of JULY!
- 25 November trip to Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, Zion, Bryce