My partner and I are headed to Oregon for 7 days in August and I'm stuck trying to decide whether to include the Mt. Hood / Columbia River Gorge area in our itinerary or not. Thus far the plan is that we'll be spending three nights based in Cannon Beach, to explore the northern Coast, then we have 2 nights unspoken for, followed by 2 nights in Portland to end the trip. I'm debating between giving the 2 nights in the middle to either the Yachats/Florence area OR Mount Hood. I'm leaning towards more time on the coast simply because we live quite near the Canadian Rockies (Jasper and Banff) and so I wonder whether Mount Hood will just be more mountains (albeit beautiful), whereas the coast is something we don't have locally and so would feel more unique, at least to us. Am I overlooking something truly amazing by choosing to skip Mount Hood? Is more time on the coast a good idea? In terms of our interests I think both would be great (we enjoy hiking, taking drives, quaint little towns etc) but I'm wondering what other people's thoughts are on this debate. All opinions are much appreciated
Oregon for 7 days: Mount Hood or not?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 2 Escape cold in mid-Feb (4) nights from Michigan
- 3 Dining in Manhattan
- 4 Carmel (and Monterey) weekend with a 4 year old
- 5 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 6 California & French Polynesia
- 7 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?
- 8 American Honeymoon in March
- 9 Boston Uber shenanigans? Fake airport fees
- 10 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 11 How to dress in Vegas
- 12 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 13 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 14 Road trip next summes...Suggestions ?
- 15 St Patrick's renovations
- 16 New Casual Italian/Pizza Restaurant, via Danny Meyer: MARTA
- 17 4 week family trip ideas
- 18 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 19 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 20 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 21 From Seattle airport to the city
- 22 General Utah planning questions
- 23 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 24 Protecting yourself when using VRBO
- 25 Washington and Oregon Fall vacation 2015