My partner and I are headed to Oregon for 7 days in August and I'm stuck trying to decide whether to include the Mt. Hood / Columbia River Gorge area in our itinerary or not. Thus far the plan is that we'll be spending three nights based in Cannon Beach, to explore the northern Coast, then we have 2 nights unspoken for, followed by 2 nights in Portland to end the trip. I'm debating between giving the 2 nights in the middle to either the Yachats/Florence area OR Mount Hood. I'm leaning towards more time on the coast simply because we live quite near the Canadian Rockies (Jasper and Banff) and so I wonder whether Mount Hood will just be more mountains (albeit beautiful), whereas the coast is something we don't have locally and so would feel more unique, at least to us. Am I overlooking something truly amazing by choosing to skip Mount Hood? Is more time on the coast a good idea? In terms of our interests I think both would be great (we enjoy hiking, taking drives, quaint little towns etc) but I'm wondering what other people's thoughts are on this debate. All opinions are much appreciated
Oregon for 7 days: Mount Hood or not?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 2 A tour of an Amish Community near Midland MI
- 3 Day trip to CT from NYC
- 4 Central Park Fall Foliage
- 5 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 6 Santa Barbara, California
- 7 Fear of driving in San Francisco/USA
- 8 Zion Narrows - Relatively Easy / Suitable for Older Folks?
- 9 Historic Houses & Sites near Charleston & Savannah.
- 10 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 11 Trip Report: New York City July 25-27, 2014
- 12 vegas with two teens 13 & 14yo
- 13 Amtrak Train from California to Oregon or Washington
- 14 San Fran to Las Vegas drive
- 15 Los Angeles itinerary for August trip
- 16 A weekend escape around cooperstown ny
- 17 Road Trip SW
- 18 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 19 California road trip
- 20 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 21 Keystone, CO & area - inside activities?
- 22 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 23 Kauai -- Music Lovers!!!
- 24 Gulf Shores Restaurants
- 25 Yosemite Fire