My partner and I are headed to Oregon for 7 days in August and I'm stuck trying to decide whether to include the Mt. Hood / Columbia River Gorge area in our itinerary or not. Thus far the plan is that we'll be spending three nights based in Cannon Beach, to explore the northern Coast, then we have 2 nights unspoken for, followed by 2 nights in Portland to end the trip. I'm debating between giving the 2 nights in the middle to either the Yachats/Florence area OR Mount Hood. I'm leaning towards more time on the coast simply because we live quite near the Canadian Rockies (Jasper and Banff) and so I wonder whether Mount Hood will just be more mountains (albeit beautiful), whereas the coast is something we don't have locally and so would feel more unique, at least to us. Am I overlooking something truly amazing by choosing to skip Mount Hood? Is more time on the coast a good idea? In terms of our interests I think both would be great (we enjoy hiking, taking drives, quaint little towns etc) but I'm wondering what other people's thoughts are on this debate. All opinions are much appreciated
Oregon for 7 days: Mount Hood or not?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 family road trip
- 2 4 Days in Kauai what to see and do
- 3 Moving out of states from Florida
- 4 itinerary help (starting niagra falls)
- 5 Alaska Trip Planning
- 6 First time to Hawaii (Maui)
- 7 Feedback on Idaho Itinerary
- 8 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 9 Pacific Coast Highway from Los Angeles to San Francisco
- 10 Romantic destination in the US
- 11 Charleston + Savannah in June
- 12 Best route to Lassen from Woodside?
- 13 Colorado Springs to Durango 9 days
- 14 Cleveland to Chicago by train
- 15 Getting from JFK to Midtown
- 16 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 17 14 day trip advice Spokane Wa to Glacier,Banff, Jasper, Lake Louise
- 18 NY Times magazine -- Walking New York.
- 19 Feedback needed for our book club trip to New England
- 20 Recommended Air BnB Somewhere Between Columbus and Cleveland?
- 21 Need recommendations for a restaurant in Rochester, NY!
- 22 Suggestions for seeing sites when one person has difficulty walking?
- 23 final plans utah/arizona trip
- 24 Weddings. Vermont. Anybody know Pitcher Inn or Mad River Barn?
- 25 Best spot to see a sunrise in Boston