My wife and I are travelling to US and will be in Oregon for 12 days in second half of May. Will be travelling the coast, Crater Lake and wine country. Is there likely to be any problems finding accommodation if we don't book ahead. We were thinking we would just "walk in off the street" when we found a nice town. Also what is traffic like? Aggressive or reasonably polite drivers. I only ask this because we drive on the left in Australia and the experience I had on the Washington DC beltway a couple of years ago was fairly dramatic. Thanks.
Oregon driving tour late May 2013
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 2 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 3 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 4 DC in Dec-Restaurant ideas near Hilton Mark Alexandria
- 5 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 6 Shuttle Service from Newark
- 7 trains in Europe
- 8 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 9 Road trips - CHI-ATL and MEM-NOLA - April/May 2014
- 10 USA trip
- 11 Need condo suggestions in Destin
- 12 Road to Hana and continuing on backside of Island
- 13 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 14 Cedar Point / Put In Bay
- 15 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 16 Washington DC in Spring?
- 17 5 Day East Coast Road Trip
- 18 Booked our NYC hotel (thanks!), would like restaurant recommendations!
- 19 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???
- 20 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 21 NBA tickets??
- 22 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 23 Trip Report to Pacific Northwest: August 2014
- 24 Baltimore Inner Harbor to DC - without a car; with luggage - suggestions?
- 25 Alaskan coast travel options