My wife and I are travelling to US and will be in Oregon for 12 days in second half of May. Will be travelling the coast, Crater Lake and wine country. Is there likely to be any problems finding accommodation if we don't book ahead. We were thinking we would just "walk in off the street" when we found a nice town. Also what is traffic like? Aggressive or reasonably polite drivers. I only ask this because we drive on the left in Australia and the experience I had on the Washington DC beltway a couple of years ago was fairly dramatic. Thanks.
Oregon driving tour late May 2013
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Feedback needed for our book club trip to New England
- 2 Washington Monument Reservtions and timing ~ plus Paddleboats
- 3 Things to do in La Jolla
- 4 Northern California for 7 days in May
- 5 Traffic from Wine Country to SFO on weekday
- 6 Camping Generator!?
- 7 Which neighborhood to stay in that's convenient to Broadway shows?
- 8 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 9 Best restaurants in Seattle
- 10 Need recommendations for a restaurant in Rochester, NY!
- 11 Best place to stay for Canyon de Chelly
- 12 4 Days in Kauai what to see and do
- 13 New York City-New Things?
- 14 2 Short Trips to NYC: Broadway, Opera, Tenements, Hotels, Cholesterol
- 15 Alaska Trip Planning
- 16 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 17 Driving from RI to NB, Best Place to Overnight in Maine?
- 18 Does the Warner Brothers Tour (Burbank) actually sell out?
- 19 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 20 Finger Lakes itineray suggestions?
- 21 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 22 DC - WW2 flyover
- 23 Traveling from Vegas to Grand Canyon and Southern Utah
- 24 3 Days in Northern California w Car- Itinerary Recommendations?
- 25 Don't let me miss any special spots, YNP & GTNP in July.