We are flying into Portland with just 4 full days before heading back East.
We LOVE nature (love great cities too but time is limited) and want to check out the most scenic areas/views and get a bit of hiking in while seeing a much as we can.
On our list was Canon beach, Ecola state park, Mt Hood/Gorge area, and these waterfalls often mentioned. Just trying to consider in what order to see the locations, what weather to expect love great hotel recommendations. We figure we will spend 2 nights at 2 locations to hit as much as we can.
Would love some recommendations!
Wish we had time for Seattle/Mr Rainer as well but not this trip.
Oregon coastal trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Monterey and Napa
- 2 Maine Road Trip for fall foliage and moose sightings
- 3 Need to claim baggage in Canada when flying from BOS to CPH via YYZ?
- 4 New England in the fall
- 5 Salem public transportation- how early or late??
- 6 Grapefruit, lemon, orange, tangerine, lime
- 7 Weekend in Indianapolis, any pretty drives you can suggest?
- 8 East Coast in December
- 9 N California trip questions
- 10 Halloween in California on Hwy 1
- 11 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 12 New York City with 3 teens!! Need help!!!
- 13 Nantucket, Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard and/or Boston Honeymoon
- 14 Rittenhouse restaurants?
- 15 Scenic Route from Washington, DC to NC Outer Banks
- 16 Need Bryce Canyon Advice
- 17 National Forrest Service - Photography Restrictions
- 18 Looking for Next Destination
- 19 Worst Restaurants in America
- 20 Boston: Hamersly's closing
- 21 Zion NP - Grand Canyon North Rim - Las Vegas
- 22 Fall color yet?
- 23 Megabus, Tripper, or Boltbus from Wash DC to NYC. Which one is better?
- 24 Yosemite Lodging
- 25 Don't rent from Avis Car Rental