We are flying into Portland with just 4 full days before heading back East.
We LOVE nature (love great cities too but time is limited) and want to check out the most scenic areas/views and get a bit of hiking in while seeing a much as we can.
On our list was Canon beach, Ecola state park, Mt Hood/Gorge area, and these waterfalls often mentioned. Just trying to consider in what order to see the locations, what weather to expect love great hotel recommendations. We figure we will spend 2 nights at 2 locations to hit as much as we can.
Would love some recommendations!
Wish we had time for Seattle/Mr Rainer as well but not this trip.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Nightine Transport! Best Hotel?
- 2 Why you buy soccer banners
- 3 once in a lifetime
- 4 2 1/2 days in Mesa Verde, Santa Fe, Taos
- 5 North California/South Oregon
- 6 How to get from the Frick Collection to Brooklyn Academy of Music
- 7 Hotels Houston
- 8 Commuting to New Jersey from Manhattan
- 9 Acadia National Park
- 10 Looking for REPUTABLE travel insurance in US
- 11 Birthday vacation ideas
- 12 Another Outstanding Los Angeles Restaurant: Officine BRERA
- 13 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
- 14 Palm Springs, CA trip advice
- 15 driving RT 66
- 16 Mackinac Island--which is worse-too long or too short?
- 17 Long Weekend in Denver
- 18 Carrie's apartment in NY
- 19 Big Island: Mauna Kea with kids?
- 20 From Newark to Manhattan
- 21 You think the Rainbow Room is worth a visit?
- 22 San Diego - Del vs. Loews Coronado Bay
- 23 2017 Yellowstone or bust
- 24 Mini Honeymoon in Philadelphia
- 25 Yellowstone/GTNP trip booked! Now need tour advice please.