We are flying into Portland with just 4 full days before heading back East.
We LOVE nature (love great cities too but time is limited) and want to check out the most scenic areas/views and get a bit of hiking in while seeing a much as we can.
On our list was Canon beach, Ecola state park, Mt Hood/Gorge area, and these waterfalls often mentioned. Just trying to consider in what order to see the locations, what weather to expect love great hotel recommendations. We figure we will spend 2 nights at 2 locations to hit as much as we can.
Would love some recommendations!
Wish we had time for Seattle/Mr Rainer as well but not this trip.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 What do you think of my Yellowstone itinerary - August 2017?
- 2 Inexpensive NYC Meals 2.0
- 3 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 4 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 5 Fodor's Walt Disney World 2017 travel guide
- 6 NE Itinerary - Thoughts?
- 7 ONLY 2 DAYS IN WILLIAMSBURG
- 8 North Rim, Page, Bryce & Zion Advice
- 9 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 10 Sonoma
- 11 Northwest Passage
- 12 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 13 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170428141326
- 14 Alaska cruise
- 15 Spur of the moment Chicago advice.
- 16 Family Colorado Road Trip
- 17 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 18 101 closure
- 19 Springfield, IL to Louisville, KY best route
- 20 Lowkey, waterfront, natural area for winter months--no high rises
- 21 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 22 Cruise to Alaska. Ports- Juneau, Sitka, Ketchikan, Victoria
- 23 fairfeld inn or Hampton inn
- 24 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 25 Gate1 8 Day Grand Canyon tour review/ Comments