For years I've been renting cars one day for one way from Naples to either Miami or Ft. Lauderdale Airports and doing so again in reverse. On the average I've usually paid about $25, sometimes as high as $45 (in high season, for example) all inclusive. And there never used to be one way drop charges or highly inflated rates for one way rentals. Well, that's apparently all changed. I need to rent a car for pick up in Miami on June 7 -- way out of "season" to drop off in Naples the next day, and I need another one to pick up in Naples on July 29 to drop off at Ft. Lauderdale airport the next day. So even with all the codes I try, Costco, AAA, and many others all I seem to find are prices of $125 or more. Yikes. Any suggestions? Does anyone know any codes that eliminate drop charges or over inflated one day rates? (although some agencies don't call it a drop off charge, their $22 a day rate if you return it to the same place change to something like $80 a day if you're taking it to another point in Florida.) Any suggestions?
One Way Car Rentals in Florida
View all United States activity »
- 1 One day in Washington DC
- 2 Disney Florida - Which parks to go for 1.5 days?
- 3 Traveling the U.S. by car for a long time!
- 4 How to safely transport a newborn baby in downtown Chicago without your own car?
- 5 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 6 Special Chrstmas Tree
- 7 Staying at the Omni in downtown austin. Anywhere to park cheaper?
- 8 South Florida luxury hotels with a 5 year old
- 9 Help! Travel plans to USA West Coast
- 10 Wailea Maui Restaurants
- 11 RIP Judy Rogers
- 12 Fun restaurants in New Orleans
- 13 Road trip across the USA - looking for suggestions.
- 14 Boston area
- 15 Savanah Sojourn
- 16 10 day Hawaii Vacations
- 17 2nd visit to California wine country, recommendations needed.
- 18 Maybe a trip to NYC will make my 16 year old think Mom's okay
- 19 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 20 South Lake Tahoe (end of December 2013)
- 21 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 22 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 23 UK passport to travel from US to Thailand
- 24 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 25 dog friendly hotels websites--any others than bringfido.com?