For years I've been renting cars one day for one way from Naples to either Miami or Ft. Lauderdale Airports and doing so again in reverse. On the average I've usually paid about $25, sometimes as high as $45 (in high season, for example) all inclusive. And there never used to be one way drop charges or highly inflated rates for one way rentals. Well, that's apparently all changed. I need to rent a car for pick up in Miami on June 7 -- way out of "season" to drop off in Naples the next day, and I need another one to pick up in Naples on July 29 to drop off at Ft. Lauderdale airport the next day. So even with all the codes I try, Costco, AAA, and many others all I seem to find are prices of $125 or more. Yikes. Any suggestions? Does anyone know any codes that eliminate drop charges or over inflated one day rates? (although some agencies don't call it a drop off charge, their $22 a day rate if you return it to the same place change to something like $80 a day if you're taking it to another point in Florida.) Any suggestions?
One Way Car Rentals in Florida
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 First family ski trip
- 2 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 3 Visiting Denver
- 4 New Hampshire Itinerary
- 5 Summer trip in New England (15 days)
- 6 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 7 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 8 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 9 NYC theatre broadway
- 10 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 11 Suggestions? Family of four that like National Parks
- 12 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 13 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 14 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 15 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 16 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 17 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 18 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 19 Visiting Denver
- 20 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 21 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 22 Alternatives to Disney in Florida
- 23 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 24 Denver in a half day
- 25 Safe Way of renting property in Orlando