For years I've been renting cars one day for one way from Naples to either Miami or Ft. Lauderdale Airports and doing so again in reverse. On the average I've usually paid about $25, sometimes as high as $45 (in high season, for example) all inclusive. And there never used to be one way drop charges or highly inflated rates for one way rentals. Well, that's apparently all changed. I need to rent a car for pick up in Miami on June 7 -- way out of "season" to drop off in Naples the next day, and I need another one to pick up in Naples on July 29 to drop off at Ft. Lauderdale airport the next day. So even with all the codes I try, Costco, AAA, and many others all I seem to find are prices of $125 or more. Yikes. Any suggestions? Does anyone know any codes that eliminate drop charges or over inflated one day rates? (although some agencies don't call it a drop off charge, their $22 a day rate if you return it to the same place change to something like $80 a day if you're taking it to another point in Florida.) Any suggestions?
One Way Car Rentals in Florida
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Yosemite in Winter
- 2 1st time DC-NYC for family of 5 - Need itinerary advice
- 3 Active Vacation
- 4 Quick SoCal question
- 5 Required snow tires & rental cars?
- 6 New England September
- 7 San Francisco hotel in Fisherman's Wharf or Union Square
- 8 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 9 New York (for women turning 50th) 2015
- 10 Business in San diego and then a weeks vacation?
- 11 Tampa in February
- 12 Louisiana Hotel Questions
- 13 Restaurants in Lakeland, FL
- 14 January Jaunt to the Southernmost City ~ Long with Pics!
- 15 NYC LES Restaurant A Casa Fox
- 16 Prince Philip Cruise (Whittier) vs Kenai Fjords (Seward)
- 17 NYC taxi vs car service
- 18 San Francisco-renting a car for a day
- 19 Car Rental West Palm Beach
- 20 Group of 10 adults to Hawaii
- 21 Austin Food Trucks
- 22 Weekend road trip from Omaha
- 23 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 24 searching for urban master planned community
- 25 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?