For years I've been renting cars one day for one way from Naples to either Miami or Ft. Lauderdale Airports and doing so again in reverse. On the average I've usually paid about $25, sometimes as high as $45 (in high season, for example) all inclusive. And there never used to be one way drop charges or highly inflated rates for one way rentals. Well, that's apparently all changed. I need to rent a car for pick up in Miami on June 7 -- way out of "season" to drop off in Naples the next day, and I need another one to pick up in Naples on July 29 to drop off at Ft. Lauderdale airport the next day. So even with all the codes I try, Costco, AAA, and many others all I seem to find are prices of $125 or more. Yikes. Any suggestions? Does anyone know any codes that eliminate drop charges or over inflated one day rates? (although some agencies don't call it a drop off charge, their $22 a day rate if you return it to the same place change to something like $80 a day if you're taking it to another point in Florida.) Any suggestions?
One Way Car Rentals in Florida
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 7 things to do under $21 in Las Vegas
- 2 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 3 Tipping advice
- 4 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 5 Cheapest, best to get from San Fran Airport to Hotel in Fina. District?
- 6 Boston to Ohio, with visits to FDR Home and Fallingwater
- 7 2 or 3 nights in Hana
- 8 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 9 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation
- 10 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 11 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 12 West Maui Restaurants
- 13 San Diego Little Italy
- 14 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 15 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 16 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 17 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 18 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 19 Lake Rabun Hotel
- 20 Key West Hotel in January
- 21 Healdsburg tips
- 22 Hawaii or Rio for male single traveler
- 23 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 24 los angeles restaurants
- 25 Where to add a few days in Colorado?