We are planning to be in Florida in April 2014 staying in the Fort Lauderdale area for 5 days. We are thinking of adding on two nights to spend a full day at WDW - specifically at the Magic Kingdom (MK). We have two girls (7 and 9). We have been to Florida numerous times but have never done WDW.
We can use our points to stay at the Dolphin Hotel. I know it is not a Disney property per se but apparently you can still take advantage of the free shuttle to the park and extended magic hours. If we paid money to stay at the closest hotel to MK it would be $700/night at the Polynesia or Contemporary?!?!
Does anyone have any advice to share on the following:
1. Does the free shuttle from the Dolphin run early enough to take advantage of the 8 a.m. extended opening at MK?
2. Tip for the best way to see MK ine one day (il.e., what specific attractions to hit first or hidden gems). My kids are early risers so 8 a.m. start time is fine -- my youngest would likely not make it to the fireworks (and that is ok).
3. Should we plan dinner back at the Dolphin (maybe Bluezoo or Kimono's?) or is it worth it to eat at the "Be our Guest"?
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 A week in Ohau - what to do?
- 2 Zion and Bryce... which to do first
- 3 How long to spend at Lassen Volcanic NP?
- 4 Hawaii with 2 young teens
- 5 Need Help w/ Itinerary-Redwood NP, Mendocino, Sea Ranch Lodge
- 6 Help to plan winter vacation in Yellowstone
- 7 Pacific Drive RoadTrip during Thanks giving
- 8 Bedford Stuyvesant
- 9 Lodging recs for Mackinac Island
- 10 Traveling across USA via Greyhound
- 11 New York with my 16 year old granddaughter
- 12 My Unexpected Stay at Embassy Suites at Philadelphia Airport
- 13 Coors Field Security for Zac Brown
- 14 Road Trip Along Lake Michigan
- 15 Itinerary help for Boston and Islands
- 16 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 17 Relocation help - move to cool climate
- 18 Would Torrey be a good base for Moab/Canyonlands
- 19 Where to stay in or near San Simeon for one night?
- 20 Boston Ideas
- 21 Papakolea Beach/Green Sand Beach - Big Island, Hawaii
- 22 Crab restaurants near Silver Springs MD
- 23 Hawaii Itinerary for Family with Teens
- 24 Anna Maria Island--is north end "too" quiet?
- 25 Lake Champlain, VT
One day visit to Magic Kingdom - staying at Dolphin hotel and other Qs