We are planning to be in Florida in April 2014 staying in the Fort Lauderdale area for 5 days. We are thinking of adding on two nights to spend a full day at WDW - specifically at the Magic Kingdom (MK). We have two girls (7 and 9). We have been to Florida numerous times but have never done WDW.
We can use our points to stay at the Dolphin Hotel. I know it is not a Disney property per se but apparently you can still take advantage of the free shuttle to the park and extended magic hours. If we paid money to stay at the closest hotel to MK it would be $700/night at the Polynesia or Contemporary?!?!
Does anyone have any advice to share on the following:
1. Does the free shuttle from the Dolphin run early enough to take advantage of the 8 a.m. extended opening at MK?
2. Tip for the best way to see MK ine one day (il.e., what specific attractions to hit first or hidden gems). My kids are early risers so 8 a.m. start time is fine -- my youngest would likely not make it to the fireworks (and that is ok).
3. Should we plan dinner back at the Dolphin (maybe Bluezoo or Kimono's?) or is it worth it to eat at the "Be our Guest"?
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://www.skinscam.com/apexatropin-reviews/
- 2 Dinosaur National Monument
- 3 Harper's Ferry from DC?
- 4 Eastern Seaboard
- 5 HAWAII- best islands at xmas time
- 6 Would you go on a trip if you had to use crutches?
- 7 DC Hotel location help
- 8 Restaurant near Whitney Museum
- 9 DC Metro to other sites?
- 10 Cleveland West Side Market
- 11 Pacific Grove for 5 or 6 nights
- 12 Cape Cod summer vacation
- 13 road trip from Illinois to NY city, Cape Cod, and Boston
- 14 Rocky Mountain National Park
- 15 New England Fall Foliage - First Timers
- 16 Favorite restaurants in Savannah
- 17 Looking for advice on my hitchhike trip plan
- 18 Miami airport--safety??
- 19 Zurich airport connections
- 20 Heading to Asheville, NC
- 21 Family trip Las Vegas to Zion, Bryce, Page, GC and Sedona?
- 22 Driving from Glacier National Park to Hood River
- 23 Recent Spam Attacks
- 24 Five national parks in ten days -- during the government shutdown
- 25 Bryce, Zion, Arches, Canyonlands in one week? In October?
One day visit to Magic Kingdom - staying at Dolphin hotel and other Qs