We are planning to be in Florida in April 2014 staying in the Fort Lauderdale area for 5 days. We are thinking of adding on two nights to spend a full day at WDW - specifically at the Magic Kingdom (MK). We have two girls (7 and 9). We have been to Florida numerous times but have never done WDW.
We can use our points to stay at the Dolphin Hotel. I know it is not a Disney property per se but apparently you can still take advantage of the free shuttle to the park and extended magic hours. If we paid money to stay at the closest hotel to MK it would be $700/night at the Polynesia or Contemporary?!?!
Does anyone have any advice to share on the following:
1. Does the free shuttle from the Dolphin run early enough to take advantage of the 8 a.m. extended opening at MK?
2. Tip for the best way to see MK ine one day (il.e., what specific attractions to hit first or hidden gems). My kids are early risers so 8 a.m. start time is fine -- my youngest would likely not make it to the fireworks (and that is ok).
3. Should we plan dinner back at the Dolphin (maybe Bluezoo or Kimono's?) or is it worth it to eat at the "Be our Guest"?
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Casual dinner in the theater district
- 2 hawaii location for young couple needed
- 3 Itinerary help for 3-night stay in DC?
- 4 Vacation Destination for Large Family
- 5 6 nights in Colorado with family itinerary help
- 6 Martha's Vineyard or Chatham?
- 7 14 day Road Trip: Zion NP to Seattle/North Cascade NP
- 8 flying from los angeles to see the south ??
- 9 NYC with wheelchair
- 10 Boston--Another Art Mission
- 11 New Orleans logistics
- 12 Yosemite/SNP/SFO itinerary
- 13 Itinerary help for a 3-night stay in NYC?
- 14 Hilton Head
- 15 Drive time from Lynwood to CenturyLink Field
- 16 Texas exploring for 18 days
- 17 louisiana bayou
- 18 The Adolphus
- 19 New York City Craft Beer Bar & Art Gallery
- 20 TRYP Hotel in NYC?
- 21 Country bumpkins road trip from Nashville to Dallas
- 22 16 Days Utah National Parks
- 23 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 24 Easy to Moderate Hikes - Moab Area
- 25 Southern U.S. BBQ Trip May 2015
One day visit to Magic Kingdom - staying at Dolphin hotel and other Qs