We are planning to be in Florida in April 2014 staying in the Fort Lauderdale area for 5 days. We are thinking of adding on two nights to spend a full day at WDW - specifically at the Magic Kingdom (MK). We have two girls (7 and 9). We have been to Florida numerous times but have never done WDW.
We can use our points to stay at the Dolphin Hotel. I know it is not a Disney property per se but apparently you can still take advantage of the free shuttle to the park and extended magic hours. If we paid money to stay at the closest hotel to MK it would be $700/night at the Polynesia or Contemporary?!?!
Does anyone have any advice to share on the following:
1. Does the free shuttle from the Dolphin run early enough to take advantage of the 8 a.m. extended opening at MK?
2. Tip for the best way to see MK ine one day (il.e., what specific attractions to hit first or hidden gems). My kids are early risers so 8 a.m. start time is fine -- my youngest would likely not make it to the fireworks (and that is ok).
3. Should we plan dinner back at the Dolphin (maybe Bluezoo or Kimono's?) or is it worth it to eat at the "Be our Guest"?
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Sperry chalet destroyed by fire
- 2 Travel Scratch Map Poster
- 3 Please help us find a wonderful boutique hotel in the western U.S.
- 4 Mini Trip to Smithsonian Exhibits Facility
- 5 beach chair and umbrella rentals in carmel?
- 6 Pacific Grove/Carmel CA area
- 7 Venice, CA area
- 8 Colorado October 16-25, 2017
- 9 Southern California Sand Dunes - Oceano Dunes
- 10 Santa Fe Hotel
- 11 Wilmington DE questions
- 12 Hotel location Albuquerque
- 13 Blue Ridge Parkway/Great Smoky Mountains
- 14 Road Trip - SF to Sonoma
- 15 Central California Coast Road Trip - Pismo Beach to Monterey
- 16 Palo Alto Transit Center To Facebook HQ
- 17 Vancouver to Washington State
- 18 NYC - Pastrami sandwich near library, Grand Central Station, St Patrick's
- 19 Lead in me in the right direction for our first Hawaii trip
- 20 JFK Terminal 4 to Terminal 8
- 21 Tahoe - Plumpjack Inn vs. Basecamp Hotel
- 22 New England Tour
- 23 Rhode Island Get Away
- 24 Alaska 19 day itinerary - comments/opinions, please?
- 25 Visiting Kauai...NEXT week!!
One day visit to Magic Kingdom - staying at Dolphin hotel and other Qs