We are planning to be in Florida in April 2014 staying in the Fort Lauderdale area for 5 days. We are thinking of adding on two nights to spend a full day at WDW - specifically at the Magic Kingdom (MK). We have two girls (7 and 9). We have been to Florida numerous times but have never done WDW.
We can use our points to stay at the Dolphin Hotel. I know it is not a Disney property per se but apparently you can still take advantage of the free shuttle to the park and extended magic hours. If we paid money to stay at the closest hotel to MK it would be $700/night at the Polynesia or Contemporary?!?!
Does anyone have any advice to share on the following:
1. Does the free shuttle from the Dolphin run early enough to take advantage of the 8 a.m. extended opening at MK?
2. Tip for the best way to see MK ine one day (il.e., what specific attractions to hit first or hidden gems). My kids are early risers so 8 a.m. start time is fine -- my youngest would likely not make it to the fireworks (and that is ok).
3. Should we plan dinner back at the Dolphin (maybe Bluezoo or Kimono's?) or is it worth it to eat at the "Be our Guest"?
Thanks in advance!
One day visit to Magic Kingdom - staying at Dolphin hotel and other Qs
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands
- 2 Trip to Portland and Oregon Wine Tour
- 3 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 4 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 5 Dining in D.C.
- 6 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 7 Florida--single woman seeks best beaches for swimming and
- 8 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 9 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 10 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 11 Brooklyn why?
- 12 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 13 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 14 Napa Girls Getaway - Need hotel advice
- 15 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 16 Colorado in the summer!
- 17 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 18 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 19 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 20 Cab Cost from McCarren to Venetian Hotel?
- 21 Where can I best see Orca whales in the wild?
- 22 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 23 NYC over Memorial Day Weekend 2014
- 24 Kennedy Space Center
- 25 Alexandria or Georgetown