We are planning to be in Florida in April 2014 staying in the Fort Lauderdale area for 5 days. We are thinking of adding on two nights to spend a full day at WDW - specifically at the Magic Kingdom (MK). We have two girls (7 and 9). We have been to Florida numerous times but have never done WDW.
We can use our points to stay at the Dolphin Hotel. I know it is not a Disney property per se but apparently you can still take advantage of the free shuttle to the park and extended magic hours. If we paid money to stay at the closest hotel to MK it would be $700/night at the Polynesia or Contemporary?!?!
Does anyone have any advice to share on the following:
1. Does the free shuttle from the Dolphin run early enough to take advantage of the 8 a.m. extended opening at MK?
2. Tip for the best way to see MK ine one day (il.e., what specific attractions to hit first or hidden gems). My kids are early risers so 8 a.m. start time is fine -- my youngest would likely not make it to the fireworks (and that is ok).
3. Should we plan dinner back at the Dolphin (maybe Bluezoo or Kimono's?) or is it worth it to eat at the "Be our Guest"?
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Big Sure in June
- 2 universal studios and disney
- 3 Santa Fe Itineray
- 4 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 5 Folly, Surfside, Carolina or Wrightsville Beach?
- 6 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 7 Spring Break @ Big Bend
- 8 Arches Devils Garden
- 9 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 10 Steelhead fishing in Kenai Alaska
- 11 RV camping near Yosemite NP
- 12 Travel options between Las Vegas and Grand Canyon South Rim
- 13 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 14 Savannah hotel
- 15 Utah National Parks visit
- 16 marriot cypress harbour
- 17 Hotel in Reno
- 18 Hwy 1/Big Sur Update
- 19 Visiting Glacier Nat'l Park with 18 mo old.
- 20 Westhester/Bronx/Yonkers area event planning
- 21 Big Island of Hawaii - itinerary ideas for 7-10 day trip
- 22 Oregon: Portland, Redwood NP, Crater Lake
- 23 Retiring to Tucson
- 24 Trinity Site, NM
- 25 Moab Weekend with Kids
One day visit to Magic Kingdom - staying at Dolphin hotel and other Qs