We are planning to be in Florida in April 2014 staying in the Fort Lauderdale area for 5 days. We are thinking of adding on two nights to spend a full day at WDW - specifically at the Magic Kingdom (MK). We have two girls (7 and 9). We have been to Florida numerous times but have never done WDW.
We can use our points to stay at the Dolphin Hotel. I know it is not a Disney property per se but apparently you can still take advantage of the free shuttle to the park and extended magic hours. If we paid money to stay at the closest hotel to MK it would be $700/night at the Polynesia or Contemporary?!?!
Does anyone have any advice to share on the following:
1. Does the free shuttle from the Dolphin run early enough to take advantage of the 8 a.m. extended opening at MK?
2. Tip for the best way to see MK ine one day (il.e., what specific attractions to hit first or hidden gems). My kids are early risers so 8 a.m. start time is fine -- my youngest would likely not make it to the fireworks (and that is ok).
3. Should we plan dinner back at the Dolphin (maybe Bluezoo or Kimono's?) or is it worth it to eat at the "Be our Guest"?
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Diego, Yosemite, Napa
- 2 Boston/Cape/ Back to Boston (Or Have we Made a Big Mistake?)
- 3 Austin, TX to Seattle. Road trip with two dogs
- 4 San Francisco accommodation suggestions for November
- 5 Crested Butte lodging suggestions...summer
- 6 10 Days- California during the holidays
- 7 Denver CO what to do arriving at 8am
- 8 Kauai in November
- 9 What's There to Do in Kauai???
- 10 Hawaii - where?
- 11 Request Driving tips from Zion NP, UT to San Francisco?
- 12 Paying for Permit Land Crossing USA to Mexico
- 13 what western states to spend the most time in
- 14 Memphis to New Orleans Trip
- 15 Advice Road trip 15 days California Grand Canyon
- 16 Little Compton, RI
- 17 Trail Ridge Probably Not Open
- 18 Moab UT Accommendations
- 19 A week in NYC - first timers
- 20 Colorado Winter Wedding Venue
- 21 Help with itinerary...4 days in DC
- 22 Las vegas to Kingston, NY - 7/8 days- June 4th
- 23 New Orleans/long weekend in September
- 24 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 25 New York Pass Yes or No ???
One day visit to Magic Kingdom - staying at Dolphin hotel and other Qs