We are planning to be in Florida in April 2014 staying in the Fort Lauderdale area for 5 days. We are thinking of adding on two nights to spend a full day at WDW - specifically at the Magic Kingdom (MK). We have two girls (7 and 9). We have been to Florida numerous times but have never done WDW.
We can use our points to stay at the Dolphin Hotel. I know it is not a Disney property per se but apparently you can still take advantage of the free shuttle to the park and extended magic hours. If we paid money to stay at the closest hotel to MK it would be $700/night at the Polynesia or Contemporary?!?!
Does anyone have any advice to share on the following:
1. Does the free shuttle from the Dolphin run early enough to take advantage of the 8 a.m. extended opening at MK?
2. Tip for the best way to see MK ine one day (il.e., what specific attractions to hit first or hidden gems). My kids are early risers so 8 a.m. start time is fine -- my youngest would likely not make it to the fireworks (and that is ok).
3. Should we plan dinner back at the Dolphin (maybe Bluezoo or Kimono's?) or is it worth it to eat at the "Be our Guest"?
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 JFK Airport Parking
- 2 8 Days in Colorado - First time
- 3 Florida for a while
- 4 Denver/YellowStone /Urgent
- 5 Winery recommendations OR and WA
- 6 Detroit People Mover
- 7 First time Disney & Legoland hotel suggestions and any advice please
- 8 Seeking Advice for Road Trip
- 9 Quick Acela Questions
- 10 Detroit Downtown Walking and Safety
- 11 NYC - 2 days and nights mid week in May
- 12 Seattle, Redwoods in Oregon and Yosemite
- 13 My kingdom for an acai bowl on Hawaii Island
- 14 Highlights in New England
- 15 Parking Downtown St. Louis
- 16 Christmas season in Disney World
- 17 Abandoned places in southern California
- 18 Steakhouse in Colorado Springs area
- 19 30th Anniversary Hotel Key West
- 20 Thanksgiving dinner in Williamsburg
- 21 Info about Newseum Parking in D.C.
- 22 Seattle?
- 23 Broadway Banter? Fall 2016 - calling HowardR
- 24 Family Beach Vacation in Belmar at the Jersey Shore
- 25 Renting camper van/ motor home
One day visit to Magic Kingdom - staying at Dolphin hotel and other Qs