I am in early stage of planning a trip to northeast. We are traveling to Niagara Falls in late September with my elderly parents. We will be spending 2 days at Falls and have a plan to fly either to NYC or Washington DC for one day. We are restricted with options since we can not make long walking trips. So I am trying to figure out the best plan with less walking, yet covering most major attraction in either city.
If decided to visit NYC, we will be arriving at Laguardia airport and will have full 1.5 days to visit NYC. If I go with DC, we will be arriving at Dulles airport and will have the same 1.5 days to visit DC.
My plan is to stay closer to the airport. I would prefer to rent a car, yet it seems not a wise option for either city. Hope we can manage with the public transportation to get in to the city.
I'd love suggestions of what city to choose, how to plan the trip thereafter and in which order to visit the major attractions (with less walking), what are the must visit places.
Any recommendations/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you...!!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 We're missing one night's hotel accommodation in Glacier NP
- 2 NYC Play Advice
- 3 Boston--Another Art Mission
- 4 Arcadia National Park/ Week in Maine
- 5 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 6 Frustrated with VRBO owners
- 7 Napa Valley Weekend
- 8 2 weeks to see Grand Canyons, ending in Las Vegas, where to start?
- 9 A Taste of Alaska’s Bounty
- 10 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 11 New York: "It's SOOOOOOOO Touristy"
- 12 UPDATED 10 days in Cali: SD to SF
- 13 Christmas vacation-Maui or Carribean?
- 14 What to do with teenagers in Napa and Mendocino
- 15 CA Trip - include Mammoth Lakes OR Yosemite?
- 16 Drive time from Lynwood to CenturyLink Field
- 17 Vegas-GC-Page-Bryce-Zion-Vegas
- 18 Driving from Missoula to Many Glacier Hotel
- 19 How to break up trip between San Francisco and Laguna Niguel
- 20 Brainstorming - city to visit for disabled young man
- 21 Driving from Seattle to San Deigo
- 22 NYC- LaGuardia to Rye
- 23 Carlsbad Caverns
- 24 Where to Stay in San Francisco for one night
- 25 Boston, Maine, Nantucket/MV, RI,