I am in early stage of planning a trip to northeast. We are traveling to Niagara Falls in late September with my elderly parents. We will be spending 2 days at Falls and have a plan to fly either to NYC or Washington DC for one day. We are restricted with options since we can not make long walking trips. So I am trying to figure out the best plan with less walking, yet covering most major attraction in either city.
If decided to visit NYC, we will be arriving at Laguardia airport and will have full 1.5 days to visit NYC. If I go with DC, we will be arriving at Dulles airport and will have the same 1.5 days to visit DC.
My plan is to stay closer to the airport. I would prefer to rent a car, yet it seems not a wise option for either city. Hope we can manage with the public transportation to get in to the city.
I'd love suggestions of what city to choose, how to plan the trip thereafter and in which order to visit the major attractions (with less walking), what are the must visit places.
Any recommendations/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you...!!!
One day trip to New york or Washington DC (First visit)!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 TripReport--10 Utah Circle
- 2 Which Florida Key for one month stay with infant?
- 3 Dec / Jan in the USA- advice
- 4 St. Simon, Georgia
- 5 Looking for Next Destination
- 6 Planning for Fall Foliage in NE, Oct 2015
- 7 Low Country Honor Flight to Washington DC
- 8 6 Days in NYC and then to Orlando - Best way to fly?
- 9 West Coast Road Trip
- 10 Baltimore Inner Harbor to DC - without a car; with luggage - suggestions?
- 11 103rd annual northern Navajo nation fair
- 12 Need Minnesota leaf color reports
- 13 Best Sonoma wineries you've never heard of
- 14 Dressing up for theatre in new york
- 15 Travel between Maui and Big Island
- 16 Glacier NP & Yellowstone NP 8 day trip Itinerary
- 17 Moving to New Jersey
- 18 Trip Report - New York & Washington DC – May 30 – June 4, 2014
- 19 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 20 Petoskey Fall Break?
- 21 Relaxing Honeymoon Week
- 22 California
- 23 4 day trip from Denver this fall - First time in the Rockies - Where to go?
- 24 Maui itinerary
- 25 Door County with a Dog - trip in progress