I am in early stage of planning a trip to northeast. We are traveling to Niagara Falls in late September with my elderly parents. We will be spending 2 days at Falls and have a plan to fly either to NYC or Washington DC for one day. We are restricted with options since we can not make long walking trips. So I am trying to figure out the best plan with less walking, yet covering most major attraction in either city.
If decided to visit NYC, we will be arriving at Laguardia airport and will have full 1.5 days to visit NYC. If I go with DC, we will be arriving at Dulles airport and will have the same 1.5 days to visit DC.
My plan is to stay closer to the airport. I would prefer to rent a car, yet it seems not a wise option for either city. Hope we can manage with the public transportation to get in to the city.
I'd love suggestions of what city to choose, how to plan the trip thereafter and in which order to visit the major attractions (with less walking), what are the must visit places.
Any recommendations/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you...!!!
One day trip to New york or Washington DC (First visit)!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Breckenridge in October
- 2 NBA tickets??
- 3 Chicago Questions
- 4 How to dress in Vegas
- 5 Orlando for Work
- 6 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 7 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 8 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 9 sleepy hollow NY......what to do????
- 10 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 11 charlotte
- 12 USA trip
- 13 New York - Quebec itinierary
- 14 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please
- 15 New Orleans in November - too cool?
- 16 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???
- 17 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 18 camaro hire in waikiki
- 19 DiBruno Brothers - what should I buy?
- 20 Need suggestions: 6-day Thanksgiving trip Seattle,Portland,Vancouver(maybe)
- 21 Las vegas-Zion-Bryce-Antelope
- 22 Broadway Fall and Winter 2014/15
- 23 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 24 Ski Season Underway in Colorado
- 25 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana