I am in early stage of planning a trip to northeast. We are traveling to Niagara Falls in late September with my elderly parents. We will be spending 2 days at Falls and have a plan to fly either to NYC or Washington DC for one day. We are restricted with options since we can not make long walking trips. So I am trying to figure out the best plan with less walking, yet covering most major attraction in either city.
If decided to visit NYC, we will be arriving at Laguardia airport and will have full 1.5 days to visit NYC. If I go with DC, we will be arriving at Dulles airport and will have the same 1.5 days to visit DC.
My plan is to stay closer to the airport. I would prefer to rent a car, yet it seems not a wise option for either city. Hope we can manage with the public transportation to get in to the city.
I'd love suggestions of what city to choose, how to plan the trip thereafter and in which order to visit the major attractions (with less walking), what are the must visit places.
Any recommendations/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you...!!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hudson Valley Drive Suggestions
- 2 Historial/Culture-filled restaurants in Savannah, and Atlanta!
- 3 Farewell from Ira
- 4 2 months road trip out west - need one way renting mini RV
- 5 The Manhattan Project - The Maitais Return To The Big Apple
- 6 Driving San Antonio to Galveston--how to avoid Houston
- 7 NYC Suggestions - Six Week Trip…?
- 8 Overnight tour from New York to see Washington, D.C.
- 9 Cape Cod - around Sandwich
- 10 Recommendations for birthday Sunday brunch near but outside Boston
- 11 Pacific coast road trip
- 12 Springfield, Massachusetts and I-91 : Surprisingly Awesome
- 13 Family vacation itinerary pointers
- 14 Restaurants in San Francisco and Napa/Sonoma Valley
- 15 chicago to hibbing
- 16 Oklahoma - Dallas - Houston - New Orleans - Orlando
- 17 Arlington Hotels
- 18 Fun family adventures in/around Charleston?
- 19 Cabin rental in march
- 20 Our explorations of the Hudson Valley & Catskills
- 21 Driving from south Florida to San Diego late September...where to stop?
- 22 Southern Cali itinerary help
- 23 Restaurants close to King's Station?
- 24 Luxury Accommodations Motel-Machesney Park, IL, Janesville, WI
- 25 San Diego July 2016 - an FYI