I am in early stage of planning a trip to northeast. We are traveling to Niagara Falls in late September with my elderly parents. We will be spending 2 days at Falls and have a plan to fly either to NYC or Washington DC for one day. We are restricted with options since we can not make long walking trips. So I am trying to figure out the best plan with less walking, yet covering most major attraction in either city.
If decided to visit NYC, we will be arriving at Laguardia airport and will have full 1.5 days to visit NYC. If I go with DC, we will be arriving at Dulles airport and will have the same 1.5 days to visit DC.
My plan is to stay closer to the airport. I would prefer to rent a car, yet it seems not a wise option for either city. Hope we can manage with the public transportation to get in to the city.
I'd love suggestions of what city to choose, how to plan the trip thereafter and in which order to visit the major attractions (with less walking), what are the must visit places.
Any recommendations/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you...!!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Have You travel best bingo sites in US
- 2 Amish
- 3 Advice on tipping
- 4 Road trip October
- 5 Western Trip - CO, Utah, NV
- 6 SF, One day trip to wine county help July 3-5th??
- 7 United Nations tours
- 8 Solo Trip to Seattle on a Budget
- 9 national/state park in November
- 10 Road trip phila to toronto - help!
- 11 Nantucket for Columbus Weekend
- 12 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 13 Our Badlands, Black Hills, Yellowstone Adventure, June 2015
- 14 Hilton Head restaurants
- 15 Cayo Costa State Park
- 16 Restaurant near Dana on the bay San Diego
- 17 Philadelphia to Sunset, SC via I81 and others
- 18 Cross Country NH to WA
- 19 Yreka, CA to Medford, OR, Siskiyou Pass
- 20 Looking for suggestions for Washington state weekend getaways
- 21 Road Trip
- 22 2 months in Hawaii!
- 23 NY to North Carolina family road trip in August
- 24 November trip to Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, Zion, Bryce
- 25 Las Vegas to LA by car.