I am in early stage of planning a trip to northeast. We are traveling to Niagara Falls in late September with my elderly parents. We will be spending 2 days at Falls and have a plan to fly either to NYC or Washington DC for one day. We are restricted with options since we can not make long walking trips. So I am trying to figure out the best plan with less walking, yet covering most major attraction in either city.
If decided to visit NYC, we will be arriving at Laguardia airport and will have full 1.5 days to visit NYC. If I go with DC, we will be arriving at Dulles airport and will have the same 1.5 days to visit DC.
My plan is to stay closer to the airport. I would prefer to rent a car, yet it seems not a wise option for either city. Hope we can manage with the public transportation to get in to the city.
I'd love suggestions of what city to choose, how to plan the trip thereafter and in which order to visit the major attractions (with less walking), what are the must visit places.
Any recommendations/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you...!!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Airport to St Louis Arch area, taxi best option?
- 2 Trip Report: 3 weeks in the Southwest, May-June 2015
- 3 Road trip Canton, GA to Charleston, SC
- 4 Roadtrip in the South. Help on when to go!
- 5 Itenarary - 1st Week Sep - Phoenix to Page to Zion to Bryce
- 6 Need NYC help. Need to get from city out to Millford, NJ.
- 7 11 days SE coast road trip
- 8 Ideas for 2 day/1 night Oct. side trip from NYC
- 9 Booking accommodations through Trip Advisor, Expedia , etc.
- 10 Itinerary Advice for SLC - Moab - Zion
- 11 California and Oregon Coast Trip
- 12 North Carolina Triangle
- 13 Quick Palm Springs Getaway
- 14 Ferry options Seattle to Victoria
- 15 What to do in Raleigh, NC?
- 16 Seattle in early August
- 17 New Issues with Air BnB in NYC
- 18 Found Fujifilm Camera from 2011 Florida Vaca 740 good pics on SD card
- 19 New York City Transportation Experts - this one is for you!
- 20 Glacier NP Trip 2016
- 21 Washington DC - Hop on/off buses
- 22 Minnesota to Colorado
- 23 Seattle, WA, USA/Victoria, B.C., Canada
- 24 Pittsburgh Trip
- 25 Nantucket vs. Jersey Shore