I am in early stage of planning a trip to northeast. We are traveling to Niagara Falls in late September with my elderly parents. We will be spending 2 days at Falls and have a plan to fly either to NYC or Washington DC for one day. We are restricted with options since we can not make long walking trips. So I am trying to figure out the best plan with less walking, yet covering most major attraction in either city.
If decided to visit NYC, we will be arriving at Laguardia airport and will have full 1.5 days to visit NYC. If I go with DC, we will be arriving at Dulles airport and will have the same 1.5 days to visit DC.
My plan is to stay closer to the airport. I would prefer to rent a car, yet it seems not a wise option for either city. Hope we can manage with the public transportation to get in to the city.
I'd love suggestions of what city to choose, how to plan the trip thereafter and in which order to visit the major attractions (with less walking), what are the must visit places.
Any recommendations/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you...!!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Border crossing
- 2 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 3 Best May/Jun Yosemite lodging areas: Yosemite West, El Portal, or Wawona?
- 4 Parka in PA during February?
- 5 Restaurants in the San Francisco area
- 6 Back from the Big Easy
- 7 Cross country tips
- 8 Sedona v Scottsdale?
- 9 Traveling into the US with Alcohol
- 10 Driving Alaska
- 11 Clear Roads From Seattle to Omaha 12-9-16?
- 12 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 13 EWR to Midtown Manhattan
- 14 DIA to Estes Park in mid-Feb. 4x4?
- 15 Rental cars at Tampa cruiseport 3
- 16 Best Kids' Skiing <3 hours from Chicago?
- 17 CEO Dollar Rental Car
- 18 Ideas for New York
- 19 Last minute Keys Trip Advice Please
- 20 Disappointed with Budget Car Rental Las Vegas
- 21 Driving from San Diego CA to Great lakes IL in FEB
- 22 17' uhaul from seattle wa to San Antonio Texas
- 23 IAH to HOU Questions
- 24 Jazzfest side trips
- 25 March in New Mexico