I am in early stage of planning a trip to northeast. We are traveling to Niagara Falls in late September with my elderly parents. We will be spending 2 days at Falls and have a plan to fly either to NYC or Washington DC for one day. We are restricted with options since we can not make long walking trips. So I am trying to figure out the best plan with less walking, yet covering most major attraction in either city.
If decided to visit NYC, we will be arriving at Laguardia airport and will have full 1.5 days to visit NYC. If I go with DC, we will be arriving at Dulles airport and will have the same 1.5 days to visit DC.
My plan is to stay closer to the airport. I would prefer to rent a car, yet it seems not a wise option for either city. Hope we can manage with the public transportation to get in to the city.
I'd love suggestions of what city to choose, how to plan the trip thereafter and in which order to visit the major attractions (with less walking), what are the must visit places.
Any recommendations/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you...!!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Southwest road trip
- 2 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 3 Best 2 (or 3) Day Drive Between Phoenix & Palm Springs?
- 4 Grand Circle Road Trip
- 5 Beaches in Florida
- 6 NYC with 5 kids- SOLO
- 7 Visit to the top of the Statue of Liberty
- 8 Resort/Hotel near Port Canaveral
- 9 Downtown Chicago
- 10 2 Day Family Trip to Grand Canyon - RV or Lodge?
- 11 Avoiding tunnels driving from Atlanta to Philadelphia
- 12 Safety Concerns
- 13 Lodging near Zion National Park
- 14 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 15 Miami/Disney World/Bahamas Cruise w/6yo
- 16 fort lauderdale
- 17 8-Hour Napali Fishing Charter with Kids?
- 18 Redwood National Forest
- 19 What to do in San Diego
- 20 Grand Circle - need to add 3 nights
- 21 ISO charming NYC hotel for a staycation
- 22 First Trip to Texas -
- 23 5 days in Colorado
- 24 Port Angelas -Vegas
- 25 Turning 30 in March. What shall I do?