I am in early stage of planning a trip to northeast. We are traveling to Niagara Falls in late September with my elderly parents. We will be spending 2 days at Falls and have a plan to fly either to NYC or Washington DC for one day. We are restricted with options since we can not make long walking trips. So I am trying to figure out the best plan with less walking, yet covering most major attraction in either city.
If decided to visit NYC, we will be arriving at Laguardia airport and will have full 1.5 days to visit NYC. If I go with DC, we will be arriving at Dulles airport and will have the same 1.5 days to visit DC.
My plan is to stay closer to the airport. I would prefer to rent a car, yet it seems not a wise option for either city. Hope we can manage with the public transportation to get in to the city.
I'd love suggestions of what city to choose, how to plan the trip thereafter and in which order to visit the major attractions (with less walking), what are the must visit places.
Any recommendations/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you...!!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Driving from south Florida to San Diego late September...where to stop?
- 2 your favorite city USA?
- 3 Pacific coast road trip
- 4 Yellowstone in Early October?
- 5 Southern Cali itinerary help
- 6 USC毕业证文凭办理南加州大学毕业证成绩单Q微信875093404学历认证Southern California
- 7 Choosing between a few cities for a long weekend trip
- 8 NYC Suggestions - Six Week Trip…?
- 9 Senior Travel Helper
- 10 Road trip to Utah in Dec 2015
- 11 Help with VT/NH driving trip in October
- 12 Washington and Seattle Itinerary
- 13 Ideas please for travel between Grand Canyon & Monument Valley
- 14 Coronado, La Jolla, or Other?
- 15 Austin with Kids
- 16 ogunquit or kennenukport
- 17 Two days out of Seattle
- 18 New Orleans and Slidell
- 19 Help with driving East to West
- 20 Long weekend in D.C. With family
- 21 Driving Trip to Idaho
- 22 5 nights/6 days in Honolulu during Thanksgiving
- 23 South Carolina
- 24 New York City Transportation Experts - this one is for you!
- 25 NYC - Sargent - Sorolla