I am in early stage of planning a trip to northeast. We are traveling to Niagara Falls in late September with my elderly parents. We will be spending 2 days at Falls and have a plan to fly either to NYC or Washington DC for one day. We are restricted with options since we can not make long walking trips. So I am trying to figure out the best plan with less walking, yet covering most major attraction in either city.
If decided to visit NYC, we will be arriving at Laguardia airport and will have full 1.5 days to visit NYC. If I go with DC, we will be arriving at Dulles airport and will have the same 1.5 days to visit DC.
My plan is to stay closer to the airport. I would prefer to rent a car, yet it seems not a wise option for either city. Hope we can manage with the public transportation to get in to the city.
I'd love suggestions of what city to choose, how to plan the trip thereafter and in which order to visit the major attractions (with less walking), what are the must visit places.
Any recommendations/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you...!!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Fly out of LA 10pm, what to do that day?
- 2 Train, Boston to NYC, questions
- 3 Having second thoughts regarding time allocation in NPs
- 4 Mississippi gulf coast
- 5 Another Yellowstone Lodging question
- 6 Toronto to gettysburg route question?
- 7 How to spend 4 days ending in Boston?
- 8 Retirement Bucket List Trip: Santa Fe, Colorado Springs, Denver
- 9 PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE YOU BOOK WITH Buena Vista Vacation Management
- 10 Driving from Boston to Miami
- 11 2 weeks in California++ in April - Need suggestions on itinerary
- 12 Sequoia National Park - Which airport
- 13 NYC to Florida drive....seeking advice on stops in Va, NC, SC
- 14 Washington Monument Reservtions and timing ~ plus Paddleboats
- 15 Colorado Springs to Durango 9 days
- 16 Denver and Beyond for 6 Days -- What to do?
- 17 Twin Sites For Twins East Coast
- 18 Lake Powell
- 19 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 20 Harlem, NY
- 21 Transportation from LGA to Manhattan
- 22 Hotel close to San Francisco airport
- 23 Glacier to Banff
- 24 Portland OR - Uber Question
- 25 A southwest trip to Arizona, and Utah