I am in early stage of planning a trip to northeast. We are traveling to Niagara Falls in late September with my elderly parents. We will be spending 2 days at Falls and have a plan to fly either to NYC or Washington DC for one day. We are restricted with options since we can not make long walking trips. So I am trying to figure out the best plan with less walking, yet covering most major attraction in either city.
If decided to visit NYC, we will be arriving at Laguardia airport and will have full 1.5 days to visit NYC. If I go with DC, we will be arriving at Dulles airport and will have the same 1.5 days to visit DC.
My plan is to stay closer to the airport. I would prefer to rent a car, yet it seems not a wise option for either city. Hope we can manage with the public transportation to get in to the city.
I'd love suggestions of what city to choose, how to plan the trip thereafter and in which order to visit the major attractions (with less walking), what are the must visit places.
Any recommendations/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you...!!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 RV road trip from CA to Idaho, Montana, Wyoming
- 2 Driving from Chicago to Sacramento
- 3 Acadia/Bar Harbor in early June
- 4 Rapiture Muscle Builder - Your Muscle Will Be Grow Faster
- 5 Novel in Progress
- 6 Pawley's Island, SC Favorite Restaurants?
- 7 5 Days in Charleston and Savannah in December?
- 8 Take on any terrain with the most powerful side-by-side vehicles.
- 9 Rental car between Providence, RI and Woodstock CT
- 10 Capital Loan Associates - Heidi Lawler
- 11 Lunch near 9/11 Memorial
- 12 Eating Well In Manhatten
- 13 Trip Report National Parks Utah in October 2017
- 14 Short Notice
- 15 Utah National Parks Itinerary help please
- 16 Lodging Grand Canyon South Rim
- 17 Pacific Grove/Carmel CA area
- 18 Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, South Dakota trip report
- 19 Inn at Key West
- 20 8 day Road Trip! Spokane to New Orleans
- 21 Black History Museum
- 22 Advice needed: first trip to Hawaii
- 23 Another Great DC Trip
- 24 Chicago 2017
- 25 I Hiked the Grand Canyon Down & Up in One Day!