I am in early stage of planning a trip to northeast. We are traveling to Niagara Falls in late September with my elderly parents. We will be spending 2 days at Falls and have a plan to fly either to NYC or Washington DC for one day. We are restricted with options since we can not make long walking trips. So I am trying to figure out the best plan with less walking, yet covering most major attraction in either city.
If decided to visit NYC, we will be arriving at Laguardia airport and will have full 1.5 days to visit NYC. If I go with DC, we will be arriving at Dulles airport and will have the same 1.5 days to visit DC.
My plan is to stay closer to the airport. I would prefer to rent a car, yet it seems not a wise option for either city. Hope we can manage with the public transportation to get in to the city.
I'd love suggestions of what city to choose, how to plan the trip thereafter and in which order to visit the major attractions (with less walking), what are the must visit places.
Any recommendations/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you...!!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New Software
- 2 How many days for Martha's Vineyard? And Cape Cod in general
- 3 Suggestion on agenda for SF to Seattle
- 4 Rocky Mountaineer added to Cruise
- 5 Yellowstone and Tetons in July 2016
- 6 Attending a wedding on Nantucket !
- 7 3 week road trip South Carolina and Georgia
- 8 Road trip: Boston to Salt Lake City
- 9 Los Angeles Indefinitely
- 10 Rough (very) initial USA itinerary
- 11 San Francisco through Colorado Rockies
- 12 Recommendation: Beachfront in VA or MD walking distance to quaint downtown
- 13 Helpp JKF to lyndhurst NJ
- 14 Want to relocate out of Houston and maybe Texas. To NC or TN
- 15 Relocation Decision- Charlotte NC, Charleston, SC or Houston Texas
- 16 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 17 Visiting Oregon - Portland to Crater Lake
- 18 Thinking of moving FROM Pittsburgh TO Seattle
- 19 Aussie family heading to the US for the first time
- 20 Lake Tahoe hotel with a lake view
- 21 September trip Portland/Seattle
- 22 Help Planning Zion/Bryce Itinerary
- 23 Boston waterfront Italian
- 24 Last minute Maine/New Hampshire trip
- 25 where to stop on the way from Montreal to Acadia