We have the luxury of 9 nights in the penninsula in early August, our first time. Tree huggers. Comming from Portland, we plan on spending 1 night in Hoodsport to visit the east park, 1 night in Port Townsend or Sequim so we can hike the next day around Hurricane Ridge. Then on to Lake Crescent for 2 nights (?) or 3. Can't decide whether to spend 2 nights there and 3 nights in Quillayute River Resort (thank you HTTY for advice on this forum), or vice versa. I'd like to visit Neah bay on the way down towards Forks, the Hoh, the beaches. Last 2 nights we'll spend in Quinault Lodge. Am I on track? too heavy in one place not enough in another? I did not read many comments on this forum about the East side, but my husband says the elevation seems to be mostly there and does not want to just drive by. I have planned this trip thanks mostly to your comments and helpful advice to others. I need to cement lodging before rooms are gone. Thank you in advance for any suggestions.
Olympic National Park: Lake Crescent vs Quillayute River Resort
View all United States activity »
- 1 Hey drivers, taking my grandmother to San Fran - lil help?!?
- 2 PRIDE OF AMERICA
- 3 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 4 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 5 Madison Square Garden
- 6 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 7 Hotels on Hilo side of the Big Island?
- 8 Got Plans for New Year's Eve? Want to Count Down With a Giant Walleye?
- 9 Moonstruck Patisserie - Hilo ~ wow!!
- 10 Big Island Hawaii - stay in Kona AND Hilo? Also when are school holidays?
- 11 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 12 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 13 First timers in Kauai--would love advice/suggestions
- 14 Bowers Museum - Need Restaurant Suggestions Nearby
- 15 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 16 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 17 Orlando to Salt Lake City route, end of January
- 18 Im new and need HELP to plan my Rv travel !!
- 19 Has anyone used AirBnB to find lodging?
- 20 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 21 First time to Austin-San Antonio area
- 22 St. Augustine, Florida
- 23 San Antonio
- 24 Maybe a trip to NYC will make my 16 year old think Mom's okay
- 25 hotel near Met NYC