We have the luxury of 9 nights in the penninsula in early August, our first time. Tree huggers. Comming from Portland, we plan on spending 1 night in Hoodsport to visit the east park, 1 night in Port Townsend or Sequim so we can hike the next day around Hurricane Ridge. Then on to Lake Crescent for 2 nights (?) or 3. Can't decide whether to spend 2 nights there and 3 nights in Quillayute River Resort (thank you HTTY for advice on this forum), or vice versa. I'd like to visit Neah bay on the way down towards Forks, the Hoh, the beaches. Last 2 nights we'll spend in Quinault Lodge. Am I on track? too heavy in one place not enough in another? I did not read many comments on this forum about the East side, but my husband says the elevation seems to be mostly there and does not want to just drive by. I have planned this trip thanks mostly to your comments and helpful advice to others. I need to cement lodging before rooms are gone. Thank you in advance for any suggestions.
Olympic National Park: Lake Crescent vs Quillayute River Resort
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Brooklyn why?
- 2 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 3 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 4 Favorite Washington, DC restaurants
- 5 Valdez (keystone canyon falls)? Matanuska? and other itinerary help
- 6 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 7 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 8 Trip to Portland and Oregon Wine Tour
- 9 NYC over Memorial Day Weekend 2014
- 10 WISCONSIN
- 11 Road trip from Nashville to Dallas
- 12 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 13 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 14 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 15 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 16 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 17 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 18 New York City Restaurants
- 19 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 20 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 21 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 22 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands
- 23 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 24 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 25 Dining in D.C.