We have the luxury of 9 nights in the penninsula in early August, our first time. Tree huggers. Comming from Portland, we plan on spending 1 night in Hoodsport to visit the east park, 1 night in Port Townsend or Sequim so we can hike the next day around Hurricane Ridge. Then on to Lake Crescent for 2 nights (?) or 3. Can't decide whether to spend 2 nights there and 3 nights in Quillayute River Resort (thank you HTTY for advice on this forum), or vice versa. I'd like to visit Neah bay on the way down towards Forks, the Hoh, the beaches. Last 2 nights we'll spend in Quinault Lodge. Am I on track? too heavy in one place not enough in another? I did not read many comments on this forum about the East side, but my husband says the elevation seems to be mostly there and does not want to just drive by. I have planned this trip thanks mostly to your comments and helpful advice to others. I need to cement lodging before rooms are gone. Thank you in advance for any suggestions.
Olympic National Park: Lake Crescent vs Quillayute River Resort
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Portland Maine Hotels
- 2 San Diego parks and attractions
- 3 Help choosing Chicago hotel
- 4 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 5 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 6 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 7 Palm Springs-Looking for Great Swimming Pool
- 8 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 9 united and carry-ons
- 10 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 11 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 12 Any feedback on our roadtrip schedule would be much appreciated!
- 13 Cape Cod in early April
- 14 USA with a 3 year old
- 15 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 16 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 17 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 18 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 19 Near Plum Island, MA ...what to see and do?
- 20 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 21 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 22 Light hiking around Santa Barbara
- 23 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 24 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 25 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?