We have the luxury of 9 nights in the penninsula in early August, our first time. Tree huggers. Comming from Portland, we plan on spending 1 night in Hoodsport to visit the east park, 1 night in Port Townsend or Sequim so we can hike the next day around Hurricane Ridge. Then on to Lake Crescent for 2 nights (?) or 3. Can't decide whether to spend 2 nights there and 3 nights in Quillayute River Resort (thank you HTTY for advice on this forum), or vice versa. I'd like to visit Neah bay on the way down towards Forks, the Hoh, the beaches. Last 2 nights we'll spend in Quinault Lodge. Am I on track? too heavy in one place not enough in another? I did not read many comments on this forum about the East side, but my husband says the elevation seems to be mostly there and does not want to just drive by. I have planned this trip thanks mostly to your comments and helpful advice to others. I need to cement lodging before rooms are gone. Thank you in advance for any suggestions.
Olympic National Park: Lake Crescent vs Quillayute River Resort
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Parking/shuttle near Midway
- 2 East Coast in December
- 3 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 4 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 5 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 6 Pyrotechnic Send-off
- 7 Three or Four Nights in Moab?
- 8 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 9 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 10 Florida St George's Island
- 11 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 12 Washington DC in Spring?
- 13 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 14 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 15 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 16 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 17 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 18 Weather in Hawaii in January
- 19 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 20 Weekend in NYC
- 21 Looking for good moonstone beach hotels in cambria
- 22 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 23 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 24 Utah mid Sept Trip Report, Zion, Bryce, Arches- beautiful!
- 25 Breckenridge in October