we're 2 friends road-tripping Route 66 (must start & finish in LA) with 2 weeks in total.
With these constraints we're thinking of going halfway then looping back - instead of going to Chicago & then driving for 36hrs back to LA.
Please may i have your thoughts on this & if you have any suggestions for a route Oklahoma - Colorado - Utah that would be appreciated.
we are 2 Brits interested in all the varied scenery, culture, history and hopefully catch a bit of sport too.
This is my first post, so apologies for any errors. if there is an existing forum on this pls let me know!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 4 Days in Mass.
- 2 East Coast Road Trip - What maps to use?
- 3 Bracebridge Dinner at the Ahwahnee Hotel
- 4 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 5 Any Recent Travelers on I 80 in Iowa and Nebraska
- 6 Best Fall Foliage in NM and CO?
- 7 best custom bobblehead doll
- 8 Uber availability on Long Island
- 9 Road Trip from Portland to San Francisco
- 10 Where to stay to visit Glacier National Park
- 11 Fort Myers Area
- 12 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 13 Help with vegas to phoenix national parks roadtrip in november
- 14 Opinions: key west accommodation
- 15 Yellowstone
- 16 NYE in FLL or Miami Beach
- 17 Cross country road trip to the east coast- here we go...
- 18 Chinese restaurants in D.C.?
- 19 Christmas Day in NYC?
- 20 Washington visit...perhaps relocate
- 21 Spokane to Glacier NP
- 22 Smoky Mountains -Cades Cove saw wolf.
- 23 Hawaii with older parents
- 24 Big Sur evacuated due to Soberanes fire August 7, 2016
- 25 Drive tour Portland to San Francisco