we're 2 friends road-tripping Route 66 (must start & finish in LA) with 2 weeks in total.
With these constraints we're thinking of going halfway then looping back - instead of going to Chicago & then driving for 36hrs back to LA.
Please may i have your thoughts on this & if you have any suggestions for a route Oklahoma - Colorado - Utah that would be appreciated.
we are 2 Brits interested in all the varied scenery, culture, history and hopefully catch a bit of sport too.
This is my first post, so apologies for any errors. if there is an existing forum on this pls let me know!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best Beaches on the Big Island
- 2 Las Vegas to LA by car.
- 3 9 days from Acadia to Providence RI
- 4 Clean One bedroom for $50-$70 a week
- 5 Where to stay in South Carolina?
- 6 Restaurants in Sanibel/Captiva
- 7 Does the "Real USA" (still) exist?
- 8 6 days in Boston - review itinerary & other recs needed
- 9 Trip Report: 3 weeks in the Southwest, May-June 2015
- 10 colter cabin or Signal mountain lodge
- 11 questions on hiking in Arches NP
- 12 SUV v. Minivan for national park summer driving or does it not matter?
- 13 Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Yellowstone, Tetons
- 14 Another Quick NYC Trip - Food Ideas?
- 15 Portland and Seattle for 9 days need help with driving itinerary
- 16 Driving route: Monument Valley to Moab on hot day
- 17 Driving from New York to Atlanta,Ga
- 18 Study in America
- 19 NYC itinerary 5 days
- 20 Seattle, WA to Redondo Beach, CA December
- 21 Traveling alone to Las Vegas
- 22 Florida Family vacation in California
- 23 walking it off in North Beach and Chinatown
- 24 Planning first trip to New Orleans - advice?
- 25 Itinerary advice first time to USA SF-YNP-LV-LA-SF