we're 2 friends road-tripping Route 66 (must start & finish in LA) with 2 weeks in total.
With these constraints we're thinking of going halfway then looping back - instead of going to Chicago & then driving for 36hrs back to LA.
Please may i have your thoughts on this & if you have any suggestions for a route Oklahoma - Colorado - Utah that would be appreciated.
we are 2 Brits interested in all the varied scenery, culture, history and hopefully catch a bit of sport too.
This is my first post, so apologies for any errors. if there is an existing forum on this pls let me know!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 2 Santa Fe Itineray
- 3 Big Sure in June
- 4 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 5 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 6 best health clubs with lap pools
- 7 RV camping near Yosemite NP
- 8 Where to stay 3 nights to see Yosemite from Death Valley?
- 9 Retiring to Tucson
- 10 universal studios and disney
- 11 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 12 Folly, Surfside, Carolina or Wrightsville Beach?
- 13 Spring Break @ Big Bend
- 14 Arches Devils Garden
- 15 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 16 Steelhead fishing in Kenai Alaska
- 17 Travel options between Las Vegas and Grand Canyon South Rim
- 18 Savannah hotel
- 19 Utah National Parks visit
- 20 marriot cypress harbour
- 21 Hotel in Reno
- 22 Hwy 1/Big Sur Update
- 23 Visiting Glacier Nat'l Park with 18 mo old.
- 24 Westhester/Bronx/Yonkers area event planning
- 25 Big Island of Hawaii - itinerary ideas for 7-10 day trip