we're 2 friends road-tripping Route 66 (must start & finish in LA) with 2 weeks in total.
With these constraints we're thinking of going halfway then looping back - instead of going to Chicago & then driving for 36hrs back to LA.
Please may i have your thoughts on this & if you have any suggestions for a route Oklahoma - Colorado - Utah that would be appreciated.
we are 2 Brits interested in all the varied scenery, culture, history and hopefully catch a bit of sport too.
This is my first post, so apologies for any errors. if there is an existing forum on this pls let me know!
Oklahoma to LA
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Atlanta to Denver Straight through
- 2 what to do in the St. Louis area Oct.12 thru Oct19
- 3 DC, New York, Maine in 11 days with kids?
- 4 Car needed in New Orleans?
- 5 Please advise: Mobile Natchez Nola or Mobile Nola Natchez Nola?
- 6 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 7 New York itinerary for 5 or 6 days
- 8 Thanksgiving in St. Louis
- 9 Morgan Library. Been there? Places to eat nearby?
- 10 Best place to eat in Portland (Oregon) Airport?
- 11 Washington DC and NYC - What to book ahead of time?
- 12 Lunch at the Lakeside (Boathouse) restaurant in Central Park
- 13 Itinerary suggestions/advice for driving from SF to LA in 3d/2n
- 14 Navajo guide in Canyon de Chelly?
- 15 best of yellowstone
- 16 San Diego Lodging help needed
- 17 Road trip from Oakville to Vermont, Maine, Boston - too much in 7 days?
- 18 San Diego beaches using public transportation
- 19 10 days in Big Island and Kauai
- 20 San Francisco - mid October
- 21 Where to go? Family looking for the perfect vacation spot.
- 22 Road Trip! Philadelphia to Montreal and Quebec
- 23 Vegas hotels for families
- 24 Kauai - a few miscellaneous questions
- 25 Where to go to hear good Hawaiian Music in Kauai?