we're 2 friends road-tripping Route 66 (must start & finish in LA) with 2 weeks in total.
With these constraints we're thinking of going halfway then looping back - instead of going to Chicago & then driving for 36hrs back to LA.
Please may i have your thoughts on this & if you have any suggestions for a route Oklahoma - Colorado - Utah that would be appreciated.
we are 2 Brits interested in all the varied scenery, culture, history and hopefully catch a bit of sport too.
This is my first post, so apologies for any errors. if there is an existing forum on this pls let me know!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 First Time to Seattle-Portland-Willamette Valley
- 2 ASAP Help w/San Fran to San Diego 12 day road trip with young kids
- 3 Glacier National Park Helicopter/Plane tours
- 4 good restaurant near Nawiliwili port, Kauai
- 5 Charleston Itinerary Feedback Please
- 6 Big Beach, Makena State Park - Maui, Hawaii
- 7 Luau Worth the Money or Not?
- 8 Northern California Gardens.
- 9 Ouray to Aspen or Carbondale to Estes
- 10 Sunset at Haleakala Summit - Maui, Hawaii
- 11 Papakolea Beach/Green Sand Beach - Big Island, Hawaii
- 12 Planning a 12-13 Day Cali Trip SF to SD
- 13 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 14 Florida with a 2 year old
- 15 Train from east cost to west coast
- 16 Where to go for a long winter vacation in Florida, Panama City Beach??
- 17 Route 66
- 18 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 19 Uber from Baton Rouge to N.O. Airport
- 20 Civilian Visit to Schofield Barracks and Kolekole Pass
- 21 Walking at Ka'anapali Beach
- 22 Solo Trip to Mid-West
- 23 Arches or Zion?
- 24 3wks in USA, flying in & out of LA, in Jan 2018
- 25 Which National Park summer 2018 with kids