We're taking our first trip to DC First week in April. Hoping the cherry blossoms will be in bloom. I already have the capital tour reservation and waiting on White House tour (requested at the earliest date possible through my congressman's office). We plan on spending quite a bit of time at the Smithsonian museums. Will crowds be so bad that we won't be able to enjoy the exhibits? Is there a time of day when the museums are less crowded? Any input will be appreciated.
Okay, how BAD are crowds first week in April?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Drive from San Francisco to Seattle
- 2 Zion the narrows
- 3 Advice on Roadtrip
- 4 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 5 Mendocino - Sonoma
- 6 Best car to rent for driving around Oahu and Maui
- 7 Santa Barbara Trip Report
- 8 A short stay in LA...Trip Report
- 9 Los Angeles day trips
- 10 Hawaiian Islands
- 11 Glacier, Yellowstone, Teton Road Trip
- 12 Albuquerque to Las Vegas
- 13 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 14 Sedona & Grand Canyon - 1 week trip from Phoenix
- 15 Chattanooga to Washington DC via Blue Ridge Parkway
- 16 Cabin in Asheville area
- 17 Old Town Alexandria Restaurants?
- 18 zion, Bryce,grand canyon
- 19 Seattle Transportation??
- 20 Denver, Colorado to Grand Canyon, Arizona Summer Trip
- 21 LA with 12-year old granddaughter
- 22 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 23 San Juan Islands... cruise question
- 24 Car Rental - NYC help me figure out logistics
- 25 Friendship, fiddling, and freezing in Boston