We travel out this way fairly often and usually take I 70. Hate the trek through Columbus an Indianapolis as we usually encounter rush hour at some point and more trucks than cars most of the way. Was thinking of trying I 80 which would bring us down I 55 in Illinois for a change of pace. Question - will Chicago area be congested or will we bypass most of it? Appears to be a little longer, but should make time on the turnpike. Has anyone traveled to the midwest via the I 80 route?
Ohio to Hannibal Missouri - I 80 option?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Help w Utah National Parks Visit-Itinerary check
- 2 need cheap motel, kahului, one night, car rental
- 3 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 4 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 5 Between Clearwater and Anna Maria island
- 6 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 7 Napa/Sonoma - Has anyone stayed at this House Rental in Glen Ellen?
- 8 3 nights in Nashville
- 9 Visiting Paso Robles wine country
- 10 NYC theatre broadway
- 11 Cape Cod in early April
- 12 Driving from NYC to South Florida
- 13 Four days in DC
- 14 Itinerary for : Vegas - Zion - Bryce - Antelope - Grand Canyon
- 15 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 16 One Night at Logan Airport
- 17 Circle Oahu / luau
- 18 Oceanfront condo rentals in Maui?
- 19 Backpacking in April
- 20 Nice town to sleep/dine in near I-95 between Baltimore and DC
- 21 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 22 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 23 University of Texas Austin College Trip
- 24 Just to clarify, Lodging in Yellowstone
- 25 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii