We travel out this way fairly often and usually take I 70. Hate the trek through Columbus an Indianapolis as we usually encounter rush hour at some point and more trucks than cars most of the way. Was thinking of trying I 80 which would bring us down I 55 in Illinois for a change of pace. Question - will Chicago area be congested or will we bypass most of it? Appears to be a little longer, but should make time on the turnpike. Has anyone traveled to the midwest via the I 80 route?
Ohio to Hannibal Missouri - I 80 option?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 2 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 3 San Diego parks and attractions
- 4 Door County Suggestions
- 5 First family ski trip
- 6 Visiting Denver
- 7 New Hampshire Itinerary
- 8 Summer trip in New England (15 days)
- 9 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 10 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 11 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 12 NYC theatre broadway
- 13 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 14 Suggestions? Family of four that like National Parks
- 15 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 16 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 17 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 18 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 19 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 20 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 21 Visiting Denver
- 22 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 23 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 24 Alternatives to Disney in Florida
- 25 Death Valley in June in a motorhome