We travel out this way fairly often and usually take I 70. Hate the trek through Columbus an Indianapolis as we usually encounter rush hour at some point and more trucks than cars most of the way. Was thinking of trying I 80 which would bring us down I 55 in Illinois for a change of pace. Question - will Chicago area be congested or will we bypass most of it? Appears to be a little longer, but should make time on the turnpike. Has anyone traveled to the midwest via the I 80 route?
Ohio to Hannibal Missouri - I 80 option?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Great Girls' Weekend in NYC!
- 2 Connecticut trip 3rd week of September
- 3 rental car - Highway 1 Roadtrip
- 4 Recommendations for Moderately Priced Dining in Moab?
- 5 River Cafe
- 6 Exploring New Jersey and New York city
- 7 Turning right with red traffic light ?
- 8 S. Utah 10 day Circle-Itinery-Ist pass
- 9 San Francisco Transportation tips from Lombard Street!?
- 10 Joe Tro's San Francisco trip report
- 11 What are favorite small and large NYC restaurants?
- 12 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 13 We are going to Hawaii in October, have some questions:
- 14 Hawaii
- 15 Aloha from Paradise (aka Kauai)
- 16 3 days in Lake Travis area near Austin Texas
- 17 Predictions for peak leaf color in September?
- 18 Best place to spend NYE in LA with a young family
- 19 Hawaii Trip - Maui, Kauai and Honolulu in 9 days
- 20 New Fire: Yosemite/Oakhurst
- 21 Highway 1 Roadtrip
- 22 How to Kill Time Overnite in NYC?
- 23 Long Island Advice
- 24 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 25 LA Long Weekend--Itinerary Help