We have been thinking of a driving trip to Mt Rushmore and vacinity, then on to Yellowstone and the Teatons, and then through part of Colorado and Denver. It would be just for sightseeing. We aren't campers or hikers. The problem is we can't get to the Mt Rushmore area until about October 16th. Is this too late in the year? I know the lodges are closed in Yellowstone by then. Where should we look for places to stay? We only have about two weeks and it is a two day drive to Mt Rushmore and from Denver. Any comments or input would be much appreciated.
OCTOBER TRIP MT RUSHMORE, YELLOWSTONE, TEATONS, AND COLORADO
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Is it a good idea to stay near LAX?
- 2 An overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows
- 3 New York City Restaurants
- 4 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 5 Where can I best see Orca whales in the wild?
- 6 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 7 Buying African Masks in Chicago, New York City or Atlanta
- 8 Maui vacation
- 9 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands
- 10 Brooklyn why?
- 11 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 12 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 13 Favorite Washington, DC restaurants
- 14 Valdez (keystone canyon falls)? Matanuska? and other itinerary help
- 15 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 16 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 17 Trip to Portland and Oregon Wine Tour
- 18 NYC over Memorial Day Weekend 2014
- 19 WISCONSIN
- 20 Road trip from Nashville to Dallas
- 21 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 22 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 23 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 24 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 25 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!