We have been thinking of a driving trip to Mt Rushmore and vacinity, then on to Yellowstone and the Teatons, and then through part of Colorado and Denver. It would be just for sightseeing. We aren't campers or hikers. The problem is we can't get to the Mt Rushmore area until about October 16th. Is this too late in the year? I know the lodges are closed in Yellowstone by then. Where should we look for places to stay? We only have about two weeks and it is a two day drive to Mt Rushmore and from Denver. Any comments or input would be much appreciated.
OCTOBER TRIP MT RUSHMORE, YELLOWSTONE, TEATONS, AND COLORADO
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 2 First family ski trip
- 3 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 4 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 5 Anchorage Sheraton Hotel and Spa
- 6 Visiting Denver
- 7 Visiting Denver
- 8 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah
- 9 NYC theatre broadway
- 10 Planning family gathering in Sedona
- 11 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 12 Laguna Beach, what to do
- 13 Louisville to Dallas, spring time, 10 days, teenagers
- 14 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 15 A day in Dallas
- 16 Stony Point, NC to Richmond, VA and surrounding areas... help, please!
- 17 Austin Anniversary Dinner
- 18 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 19 Door County Suggestions
- 20 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 21 February 2015 Florida getaway for couples
- 22 The island of Hawaii--half a trip report!!!
- 23 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 24 HELP WITH FALL TRIP PLAN!!
- 25 Where to eat lunch in Washington, D.C.?