First of all, thanks to all of you for your wonderful advice - I love to plan vacations (overplan some may say) and this site has been so helpful.
If I can give one piece of advice: I will never, ever leave the house without calling (or checking the website) to see if the flight is on time. We did not- and when we checked in we found that our flight was delayed one hour due to weather conditions in Atlanta which mean't that we would miss our connecting flight to Oahu. So instead of catching our 10:30 AM flight from Atlanta to Oahu, we were now going to catch the 4:30 PM flight to Oahu. Not a great way to start our vacation but we made the best of it. It could have been worse.
We used air miles so we flew first class on Delta - definitely not as nice as when we flew to Hawaii 10 years ago but believe me I'm not complaining!! - but the difference is very apparent.
Sometimes I think (especially overnight flights) having three coach seats to yourself is better than one first class ticket. Unless of course you have one of those seats that turn into beds in first class. I wonder if I could have gotten three seats for the price of one first class?
Anyway...we had a nice flight
and we arrived in Oahu at about 8PM.
more to come
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Read More@@@ - http://wellnessfeeds.com/votofel-force-za/
- 2 LOAN OFFER APPLY @ 2% INTEREST RATE
- 3 LOAN OFFER APPLY @ 2% INTEREST RATE
- 4 LOAN OFFER APPLY @ 2% INTEREST RATE
- 5 LOAN OFFER APPLY @ 2% INTEREST RATE
- 6 JFK to Washington
- 7 About Us
- 8 LA Cali for 3 days alone, What To Do?
- 9 Where to live in the North East
- 10 Pfeiffer Canyon Bridge in Big Sur to reopen at 5pm Friday October 13th
- 11 Houston during hurricane
- 12 PNW & its grudge against the bumbershoot
- 13 Los Angeles for Christmas
- 14 Winter hiking in Colorado
- 15 Tucson: milestone Birthday Dinner, winter
- 16 Pacific Grove/Carmel CA area
- 17 Philadelphia travel ideas
- 18 Visiting Kauai...NEXT WEEK!!
- 19 Lead in me in the right direction for our first Hawaii trip
- 20 Maui and Kauai
- 21 Phoenix for the weekend
- 22 MIDTOWN EAST TO JFK....VIA, UBER, OR YELLOW CAB?
- 23 Mardi Gras - avoid or embrace?
- 24 Girls Trip to Chicago
- 25 Hotel to stay in Queens