NY Trip Report- Fodor’s 100 Winner
Ever wonder what it would be like to take a trip planned by real travel pros? My daughter and I recently returned from a four night stay in NY courtesy of Fodor’s.
You may have remembered a contest that ran during September 2012. Foderites could enter by submitting a hotel review. I submitted a review of the Atlanta Ritz Carlton where we had spent a night during the Labor Day Weekend. It was a fluke that we booked that hotel.
The review that I submitted for the contest is below:
They make great customer service look easy.
My famiy had their hearts set on attending the DragonCon parade. It was the same weekend in Atlanta as several major sports events. The whole city was booked up for twelve miles out. Low and behold the Ritz Carlton was available with Marriott points. It was directly on the parade route and blocks from the convention center.
Despite paying with points we were treated as royalty. We were offered bottled water or champagne at check in. There were cookies and custom M&Ms in the lobby. I was delighted that even though they were totally full, they honored our request for connecting rooms. The kids loved the I-pod dock and dimmable lights. My 13 year old tried on one of the fluffy white robes. My husband was amazed when he went to get ice and found the ice bucket had already been filled. (How did they do that?). I liked the plush bed and the fact that despite being filled with hundreds of sports fans and Klingon warriors the hotel was quiet.
It gets better. They gave us a 3 p.m checkout so we could enjoy ourselves and not rush. I want to go back. I don't know if I should buy lottery tickets or try to earn more Marriott points.
by palmettoprincess, 9/13/12
I have to admit, I thought that I would win. The entry deadline was my birthday which was a good omen. That being said I was still shocked to see the email from Fodor’s.
The dates of the trip were set for November At that time the hotel was still a secret. All I had to do was to select my travel companion. My husband was my first choice, but I knew it would be hard for both of us to get away during the school year. I thought of my college-aged daughter. She is studying graphic design and would love to meet the Fodor’s staff.
I had about month to plan the trip but for some reason I didn’t jump into my usual trip planning mod. I looked at getting tickets for plays but never hit “buy.” I tried on cocktail dresses for the Fodor’s 100 launch party, but didn’t find a favorite.
Of course I read the Fodor’s 2013 NY Guide from cover-to-cover but there was something off with my planning.
Sandy hit. I was dismayed at the devastation. Even those who were spared the wind and water struggled with power outages and gasoline shortages. I still wanted to go to New York but I didn’t want my first visit to the city to be under those conditions.
Fodor’s cancelled the Fodor’s 100 award ceremony because the event venue was damaged. They graciously allowed us to reschedule for my daughter’s spring break.
To Be Continued
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NCAA Fb Online ESP2 LIVE Miami FL vs Georgia Tech Live Coverage
- 2 NCAA Fb ESPU Match On-line Northwestern vs Iowa Streaming Live
- 3 Check out ESP2 NCAA On the web Miami FL vs Georgia Tech Live HD Streaming
- 4 5 or 6 day road trip from Seattle
- 5 Seattle first timers....outdoor trip in October
- 6 College Football Online Alcorn State Braves vs Arkansas Live On The Net
- 7 Rental car question
- 8 Nantucket ferry - how badly did I miscalculate?
- 9 Best way from LaGuardia to Stamford
- 10 Info about Newseum Parking in D.C.
- 11 http://maleenhancementshop.info/zyalix/
- 12 http://www.tophealthbuy.com/zyalix/
- 13 Zyalix - Nature's Magic Touch in Getting You Real Results
- 14 Office cleaning services company in Dubai
- 15 Broadway Banter? Fall 2016 - calling HowardR
- 16 The pure coloration of the teeth
- 17 Renting camper van/ motor home
- 18 How I'd Like To Lose Fat Without Starving
- 19 http://greentheorygarcinia.com/multiplex-garcinia/
- 20 big one ?
- 21 How about promote the restaurant
- 22 http://maleenhancementshop.info/zyalix/
- 23 http://maleenhancementshop.info/zyalix/
- 24 you have any issues I can replytle
- 25 Beyonce Lemonade Diet - A Favorite Weight Loss Remedy For Celebrities
NY Trip Report- Fodor’s 100 Winner