I'm thinking of taking a road trip from NYC to the Outer Banks (Ocracoke ultimately). I have 4 days and 3 nights.
I'm mostly after scenery and cool/interesting towns and places to visit along the way. I've never been to that part of the country so pretty much anything is fair game!
Should I take the Cape May - Lewes ferry or go around it? Is that pretty exciting or meh?
I'm thinking of driving along the coast on the way there and then going through Richmond/DC/Baltimore/Philly on the way back to make things more interesting -- is that a good idea?
What would be a good choice for midway points to stay the night, in both directions? By looking at the map I was thinking Lewes on the way there and then perhaps Richmond/DC coming back, but I'd actually prefer something off the beaten path.
Any other ideas on where to stop/sleep on either way?
thank you for any and all input!
PS. I'd be leaving next week! (fri, sat, sun, and back on monday evening)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Now just dial (($1-800-841-6436))Netflix support phone number
- 2 Thanksgiving Road trip California
- 3 DC area hotel for end of June...
- 4 bad traffic on 476 in PA memorial day weekend
- 5 Driving from Carmel to Incline Village on Wednesday
- 6 Empire Sate: best time; best vendor etcx
- 7 Restaurants in DC
- 8 Christmas at Grand Canyon
- 9 Nashville restaurants
- 10 Western US Road Trip- PeakBagging
- 11 Is Silverwood Amusement park worth a visit?
- 12 Early 30's Couple Spending Two Weeks in Coastal Maine and Canada
- 13 NYC - 10-day visit!!!
- 14 Driving northern AL to central FL
- 15 Road trip from D.C. to Maine
- 16 Uber Ride from LV to South Rim, Grand Canyon?
- 17 MO road trip itinerary
- 18 Late winter road trip Deep South
- 19 4 days in wine country. Where should we stay?
- 20 Bryce Canyon Astronomy Festival
- 21 Birthday vacation ideas
- 22 San Francisco to Costa Mesa
- 23 Highlights of our return to Kauai
- 24 Travel from Boise, Idaho to Grand Canyon
- 25 Who offers multi-island guided birding trips in Hawaii?