I'm thinking of taking a road trip from NYC to the Outer Banks (Ocracoke ultimately). I have 4 days and 3 nights.
I'm mostly after scenery and cool/interesting towns and places to visit along the way. I've never been to that part of the country so pretty much anything is fair game!
Should I take the Cape May - Lewes ferry or go around it? Is that pretty exciting or meh?
I'm thinking of driving along the coast on the way there and then going through Richmond/DC/Baltimore/Philly on the way back to make things more interesting -- is that a good idea?
What would be a good choice for midway points to stay the night, in both directions? By looking at the map I was thinking Lewes on the way there and then perhaps Richmond/DC coming back, but I'd actually prefer something off the beaten path.
Any other ideas on where to stop/sleep on either way?
thank you for any and all input!
PS. I'd be leaving next week! (fri, sat, sun, and back on monday evening)
NYC to Outer Banks and back in four days.
- 1 Orlando Parks - Cheapest short term tickets
- 2 San Francisco Pacific Heights
- 3 Hiking Questions --Many Glacier
- 4 Olympic & Rainier itinerary -- please suggest changes
- 5 Chicago Architectural Tours
- 6 New York, New York...my kind of town
- 7 Las vegas hotels--can't make up my mind, help!
- 8 Maine mid-coast recommendations?
- 9 What bugs you the most about flying? 2013 Pet Peeves Survey
- 10 Columbus food !
- 11 A trip to east coast vs a trip to Hawaii
- 12 One day in NYC
- 13 Fireworks on the Fourth of July on the Mall
- 14 Updates from Hanalei
- 15 Napa wineries for wine novices
- 16 Trying To Find a Place
- 17 Holiday Parade/Pearl Harbor Day Parade Questions
- 18 Grand Rapids to Traverse City - Where to stop?
- 19 Driving from Kentucky to Florida
- 20 Wildfire near Yosemite
- 21 Blue ridge parkway
- 22 10 day Hawaii Vacations
- 23 Kauai Activity Suggestions Needed!
- 24 Going to Dodge City, Kansas
- 25 Minnesota State Fair