I'm thinking of taking a road trip from NYC to the Outer Banks (Ocracoke ultimately). I have 4 days and 3 nights.
I'm mostly after scenery and cool/interesting towns and places to visit along the way. I've never been to that part of the country so pretty much anything is fair game!
Should I take the Cape May - Lewes ferry or go around it? Is that pretty exciting or meh?
I'm thinking of driving along the coast on the way there and then going through Richmond/DC/Baltimore/Philly on the way back to make things more interesting -- is that a good idea?
What would be a good choice for midway points to stay the night, in both directions? By looking at the map I was thinking Lewes on the way there and then perhaps Richmond/DC coming back, but I'd actually prefer something off the beaten path.
Any other ideas on where to stop/sleep on either way?
thank you for any and all input!
PS. I'd be leaving next week! (fri, sat, sun, and back on monday evening)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best route to tour most of Michigan-Help!
- 2 Ideas for February Road Trip from San Francisco?
- 3 Later Winter around Mobile
- 4 10 days in California. What should I hit?
- 5 New England Road Trip Itinerary
- 6 San Diego to Oregon road trip itinerary
- 7 2 days in Vermont, Green Mountain area
- 8 Spring Break National Park Visit
- 9 USA Trip in 4 Weeks
- 10 Uber boston
- 11 Any Estero Island/Ft Myers experts?
- 12 Florida keys trip
- 13 Oregon Trip March 2017
- 14 First Time to Maine - Itinerary Help!
- 15 New orleans recs for family
- 16 Steamboat Springs, CO
- 17 My Colorado trip ?'s (June)
- 18 Florida beach vacation
- 19 Suggestion for Las Vegas to Yosemite in July
- 20 Hawaii Help
- 21 sight seeing Las Vegas to Palm Springs to Sante Fe
- 22 Driving from Provo to Grand Junction in March 2017
- 23 HAWAII; HELP!
- 24 28 Day Road Trip to the Northwest from Chicago
- 25 San Francisco to San Diego Road Trip with little kids