I'm thinking of taking a road trip from NYC to the Outer Banks (Ocracoke ultimately). I have 4 days and 3 nights.
I'm mostly after scenery and cool/interesting towns and places to visit along the way. I've never been to that part of the country so pretty much anything is fair game!
Should I take the Cape May - Lewes ferry or go around it? Is that pretty exciting or meh?
I'm thinking of driving along the coast on the way there and then going through Richmond/DC/Baltimore/Philly on the way back to make things more interesting -- is that a good idea?
What would be a good choice for midway points to stay the night, in both directions? By looking at the map I was thinking Lewes on the way there and then perhaps Richmond/DC coming back, but I'd actually prefer something off the beaten path.
Any other ideas on where to stop/sleep on either way?
thank you for any and all input!
PS. I'd be leaving next week! (fri, sat, sun, and back on monday evening)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Any off site car rental agencies around JFK?
- 2 May 2016 Trip to the Big Island
- 3 First Trip to New Mexico
- 4 Napili in Maui with toddlers?
- 5 JFK TO MANHATTEN
- 6 NYC Airport transport (well, Newark)
- 7 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 8 10 Year Anniversary Dinner in NYC
- 9 Need advise sightseeing Seattle - Pendleton - Twin Falls - Yellowstone
- 10 San Antonio shopping
- 11 Which island for R&R?
- 12 Montana dude ranch recommendation
- 13 Where to stay to visit Glacier National Park
- 14 Travelling from NYC to Washington Depot
- 15 blue ridge parkway?
- 16 Scenic road trip northeast Pennsylvania to Charlotte
- 17 1.5 Days in Boston with 3 little ones
- 18 Cross country road trip to the east coast- here we go...
- 19 Towing a camper trailer during January
- 20 Warning: Recent increase in violent crime in New Orleans' French Quarter
- 21 Pls help keep dolphins happy & healthy
- 22 San Diego, mission valley
- 23 California trip .. some guidance needed
- 24 Road Trip/Excursions for a weekend outside of Denver
- 25 Are you sick from Alaskan tour?