I'm thinking of taking a road trip from NYC to the Outer Banks (Ocracoke ultimately). I have 4 days and 3 nights.
I'm mostly after scenery and cool/interesting towns and places to visit along the way. I've never been to that part of the country so pretty much anything is fair game!
Should I take the Cape May - Lewes ferry or go around it? Is that pretty exciting or meh?
I'm thinking of driving along the coast on the way there and then going through Richmond/DC/Baltimore/Philly on the way back to make things more interesting -- is that a good idea?
What would be a good choice for midway points to stay the night, in both directions? By looking at the map I was thinking Lewes on the way there and then perhaps Richmond/DC coming back, but I'd actually prefer something off the beaten path.
Any other ideas on where to stop/sleep on either way?
thank you for any and all input!
PS. I'd be leaving next week! (fri, sat, sun, and back on monday evening)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 sugestions
- 2 Yellowstone/Grand Teton Camping Itinerary
- 3 Rules of the NY Subway
- 4 Oregon Overnight south of Crater Lake
- 5 Moving to Tulsa, OK
- 6 Travel from Philadelphia to New York
- 7 Boston for a cruise: South end? Downtown?
- 8 Daughters/ mother 4/5 girl trip
- 9 Rolling Thunder on Sunday- how bad will traffic be?
- 10 Outlet Mall in New Orleans
- 11 Driving from FLL to Key West
- 12 Santa Barbara Hotels
- 13 10 Day Road Trip in Colorado
- 14 Maui experts..too late to plan August-Sept. visit???
- 15 CT to ABQ-favorite routes?
- 16 Help! 2nd half of trip...From GTNP, 11 days before flying out of Denver.
- 17 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 18 Best weather and tips to roadtrip to west coast USA
- 19 Trail Ridge Road Will be Closed This Weekend
- 20 Default Vegas-GC-Antelope-Bryce-Zion-Vegas
- 21 Big Sur Help!!
- 22 PNC Park ~ convenient hotel?
- 23 Anyone use Hawaiian Airlines?
- 24 Road trip from arizona to seattle.
- 25 Best Time to Travel the West Coast (USA)