I'm thinking of taking a road trip from NYC to the Outer Banks (Ocracoke ultimately). I have 4 days and 3 nights.
I'm mostly after scenery and cool/interesting towns and places to visit along the way. I've never been to that part of the country so pretty much anything is fair game!
Should I take the Cape May - Lewes ferry or go around it? Is that pretty exciting or meh?
I'm thinking of driving along the coast on the way there and then going through Richmond/DC/Baltimore/Philly on the way back to make things more interesting -- is that a good idea?
What would be a good choice for midway points to stay the night, in both directions? By looking at the map I was thinking Lewes on the way there and then perhaps Richmond/DC coming back, but I'd actually prefer something off the beaten path.
Any other ideas on where to stop/sleep on either way?
thank you for any and all input!
PS. I'd be leaving next week! (fri, sat, sun, and back on monday evening)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 https://musclebuildingbuy.com/strongmen-male-enhancement/
- 2 JFK Terminal 4 to Terminal 8
- 3 Visiting Kauai...NEXT week!!
- 4 Lead in me in the right direction for our first Hawaii trip
- 5 Venice, CA area
- 6 Avis or Budget from LAX
- 7 Rhode Island Get Away
- 8 New England Tour
- 9 Tahoe - Plumpjack Inn vs. Basecamp Hotel
- 10 NYC - Pastrami sandwich near library, Grand Central Station, St Patrick's
- 11 Colorado October 16-25, 2017
- 12 Pacific Grove/Carmel CA area
- 13 Blue Ridge Parkway/Great Smoky Mountains
- 14 Alaska 19 day itinerary - comments/opinions, please?
- 15 Visiting Kauai...NEXT WEEK!!
- 16 Please help us find a wonderful boutique hotel in the western U.S.
- 17 Adirondacks trip repot
- 18 beach chair and umbrella rentals in carmel?
- 19 When will Key West be recovered from Irma?
- 20 CLT connection times, Charlotte
- 21 Grand Circle Trip from Ohio
- 22 Hotel location Albuquerque
- 23 Las Vegas in February - hotel recommendations please
- 24 Suggestions for Sedona and Grand Canyon
- 25 Botanical gardens on Maui, Hilo, and Kauai: how much do they differ?