I am a FODORS newbie and also taking my first "real" trip to NYC in early December. I was in NYC back in '03 but it was for only one day. I have so many questions, but I have narrowed them down to just a few pertinent ones that we would like answered.
We are flying into JFK and landing about 2:30 or so and we are staying for 4 days in the Hell's Kitchen area at a B&B type place. What is the best, most recommended way to travel from JFK to our place. As of now, our plan was to take a taxi. I think I read the cost is around $50. Just wondering if there are better, more economical options. My wife is reluctant to take the subway/train as we will be lugging two suitcases with. I do know this way is much cheaper, and probably faster, but I also don't want to stick out like a sore thumb.
My other question is the HO/HO buses. Are they a good idea? I was looking at one because I thought the Holiday Lights night tour would be cool, and then for $10 more we can upgrade to the 48 hour ticket. What are everyone's thoughts. I am not sure how comfortable it will be riding on the top of a bus in early December.
Any other tips and recommendations will be greatly appreciated. We are also planning on doing the NBC studio tour, Top of the Rock, and see the Rockettes.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Getty center and Getty Villa
- 2 Christmas Dinner in NYC?
- 3 Do you want Repair your Computer?
- 4 Arizona in winter
- 5 Eastern California Winter Roadtrip
- 6 Advertising Sublets in NYC Now Illegal - Air BnB Has Pulled Listings
- 7 Travel in Houston and surrounding area
- 8 Currency and hotels
- 9 Vegas with toddler twins
- 10 Las Vegas Vacation
- 11 OHare car service north suburbs
- 12 Washington DC Trip in December with Small Children
- 13 Restaurant Recommendations mid-city Manhattan
- 14 disneyland
- 15 2016/17 Ski Season Opens
- 16 Paris-Room Selection Advice Needed ASAP for last minute trip. TIA.
- 17 Key West
- 18 Glacier and Grand Tetons: June or July
- 19 LA! Active, FUN couple - area to stay/itenerary
- 20 Savannah and Charleston over New Years.
- 21 moving to Florida
- 22 Warmth in December without Zika??
- 23 DC restaurant report
- 24 Trip Report: San Francisco, Monterey, Wine Country
- 25 The famous SF -> Seattle road trip