I am a FODORS newbie and also taking my first "real" trip to NYC in early December. I was in NYC back in '03 but it was for only one day. I have so many questions, but I have narrowed them down to just a few pertinent ones that we would like answered.
We are flying into JFK and landing about 2:30 or so and we are staying for 4 days in the Hell's Kitchen area at a B&B type place. What is the best, most recommended way to travel from JFK to our place. As of now, our plan was to take a taxi. I think I read the cost is around $50. Just wondering if there are better, more economical options. My wife is reluctant to take the subway/train as we will be lugging two suitcases with. I do know this way is much cheaper, and probably faster, but I also don't want to stick out like a sore thumb.
My other question is the HO/HO buses. Are they a good idea? I was looking at one because I thought the Holiday Lights night tour would be cool, and then for $10 more we can upgrade to the 48 hour ticket. What are everyone's thoughts. I am not sure how comfortable it will be riding on the top of a bus in early December.
Any other tips and recommendations will be greatly appreciated. We are also planning on doing the NBC studio tour, Top of the Rock, and see the Rockettes.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Pu'uhonua O Honaunau National Historical Park - Hawaii
- 2 http://www.healthytalkzone.com/vtrex-male-enhancement/
- 3 Arches or Zion?
- 4 Asian population in Portland, OR?
- 5 Looking to move from North Carolina to Colorado
- 6 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 7 how much time to visit pedestal at Statue of Liberty
- 8 First Time to Seattle-Portland-Willamette Valley
- 9 Restaurant recommendations in falmouth/mashpee, ma area
- 10 (Healing?) Retreat in Sedona, Az?
- 11 Richmond Virginia And Poe
- 12 good restaurant near Nawiliwili port, Kauai
- 13 Chicago to Denver or Rapid City
- 14 time to visit statue
- 15 Charleston Itinerary Feedback Please
- 16 Restaurant Recommendations for Queens/Brooklyn/Williamsburgl
- 17 New England Foliage Peeping Trip - Oct 4 to 8th
- 18 Suggestion for Hotel by Ford Museum/Tour
- 19 Chester, CN
- 20 Northern California Gardens.
- 21 First time Colorado 1 week-itinerary help
- 22 Savannah Itinerary Feedback Please
- 23 Ridiculous Pacific Northwest Road Trip
- 24 Driving through Chicago area to Wisconsin
- 25 ground transportation NYC to DC and connecting to MARC