I am a FODORS newbie and also taking my first "real" trip to NYC in early December. I was in NYC back in '03 but it was for only one day. I have so many questions, but I have narrowed them down to just a few pertinent ones that we would like answered.
We are flying into JFK and landing about 2:30 or so and we are staying for 4 days in the Hell's Kitchen area at a B&B type place. What is the best, most recommended way to travel from JFK to our place. As of now, our plan was to take a taxi. I think I read the cost is around $50. Just wondering if there are better, more economical options. My wife is reluctant to take the subway/train as we will be lugging two suitcases with. I do know this way is much cheaper, and probably faster, but I also don't want to stick out like a sore thumb.
My other question is the HO/HO buses. Are they a good idea? I was looking at one because I thought the Holiday Lights night tour would be cool, and then for $10 more we can upgrade to the 48 hour ticket. What are everyone's thoughts. I am not sure how comfortable it will be riding on the top of a bus in early December.
Any other tips and recommendations will be greatly appreciated. We are also planning on doing the NBC studio tour, Top of the Rock, and see the Rockettes.
NYC Tips and Tricks
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 2 Is it a good idea to stay near LAX?
- 3 An overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows
- 4 New York City Restaurants
- 5 Where can I best see Orca whales in the wild?
- 6 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 7 Buying African Masks in Chicago, New York City or Atlanta
- 8 Maui vacation
- 9 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands
- 10 Brooklyn why?
- 11 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 12 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 13 Favorite Washington, DC restaurants
- 14 Valdez (keystone canyon falls)? Matanuska? and other itinerary help
- 15 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 16 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 17 Trip to Portland and Oregon Wine Tour
- 18 NYC over Memorial Day Weekend 2014
- 19 WISCONSIN
- 20 Road trip from Nashville to Dallas
- 21 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 22 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 23 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 24 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 25 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!