I am a FODORS newbie and also taking my first "real" trip to NYC in early December. I was in NYC back in '03 but it was for only one day. I have so many questions, but I have narrowed them down to just a few pertinent ones that we would like answered.
We are flying into JFK and landing about 2:30 or so and we are staying for 4 days in the Hell's Kitchen area at a B&B type place. What is the best, most recommended way to travel from JFK to our place. As of now, our plan was to take a taxi. I think I read the cost is around $50. Just wondering if there are better, more economical options. My wife is reluctant to take the subway/train as we will be lugging two suitcases with. I do know this way is much cheaper, and probably faster, but I also don't want to stick out like a sore thumb.
My other question is the HO/HO buses. Are they a good idea? I was looking at one because I thought the Holiday Lights night tour would be cool, and then for $10 more we can upgrade to the 48 hour ticket. What are everyone's thoughts. I am not sure how comfortable it will be riding on the top of a bus in early December.
Any other tips and recommendations will be greatly appreciated. We are also planning on doing the NBC studio tour, Top of the Rock, and see the Rockettes.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel location Albuquerque
- 2 Short Oregon Trip
- 3 Driving from Chicago to Sacramento
- 4 New offer from Southwest for California residents
- 5 Yellowstone/Glacier - a cabin with a view
- 6 Trip for 2 to Colorado need ideas.
- 7 Another JFK to Manhattan Question
- 8 Savannah or Charleston- If you had to choose.
- 9 Cruising the Cs: Canyon de Chelly, Canyonlands, and Capitol Reef
- 10 Has anyone tried Car Wiz for rentals?
- 11 Short Notice
- 12 Advice needed: first trip to Hawaii
- 13 4 days in San Francisco
- 14 LA Cali for 3 days alone, What To Do?
- 15 Novel in Progress
- 16 5 Days in Charleston and Savannah in December?
- 17 Pawley's Island, SC Favorite Restaurants?
- 18 Eating Well In Manhatten
- 19 Rental car between Providence, RI and Woodstock CT
- 20 Norris Geyser Basin - Yellowstone National Park
- 21 RV road trip from CA to Idaho, Montana, Wyoming
- 22 Another Great DC Trip
- 23 Place to watch World Series in St. Pete Beach?
- 24 Acadia/Bar Harbor in early June
- 25 Lunch near 9/11 Memorial