I am a FODORS newbie and also taking my first "real" trip to NYC in early December. I was in NYC back in '03 but it was for only one day. I have so many questions, but I have narrowed them down to just a few pertinent ones that we would like answered.
We are flying into JFK and landing about 2:30 or so and we are staying for 4 days in the Hell's Kitchen area at a B&B type place. What is the best, most recommended way to travel from JFK to our place. As of now, our plan was to take a taxi. I think I read the cost is around $50. Just wondering if there are better, more economical options. My wife is reluctant to take the subway/train as we will be lugging two suitcases with. I do know this way is much cheaper, and probably faster, but I also don't want to stick out like a sore thumb.
My other question is the HO/HO buses. Are they a good idea? I was looking at one because I thought the Holiday Lights night tour would be cool, and then for $10 more we can upgrade to the 48 hour ticket. What are everyone's thoughts. I am not sure how comfortable it will be riding on the top of a bus in early December.
Any other tips and recommendations will be greatly appreciated. We are also planning on doing the NBC studio tour, Top of the Rock, and see the Rockettes.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 South beach Miami to Key west driving map
- 2 Transportation from downtown Miami to Ft. Lauderdale airport
- 3 Steamboat in August
- 4 Road trip from Boston to Florida
- 5 Drive from San Fran to Portland or Seattle in winter
- 6 Movies to put you in the mood for a western road trip
- 7 Newport Historic District - where is it? Walking tour?
- 8 Island of Oahu: looking for cheap accommodation
- 9 Tour guide in Bend, OR, for Lava Caves?
- 10 Gotta Go To Stanford U Medical Center
- 11 California Summer weather/ clothing
- 12 1st trip to DC - for 2 nights
- 13 Las vegas +21
- 14 Phone SIM
- 15 How to search for condo rental in Oahu
- 16 Discount Broadway Show Tickets webistes
- 17 A June trip to Kauai
- 18 60th birthday trip to Vermont, NH, Maine in October
- 19 Samsonite Silhouette 7 repair part
- 20 Napa Valley Hotel
- 21 Do you have suggestions on my first roadtrip South-West USA?
- 22 Need Advice For Trip with 16year old son-
- 23 The city never sleeps, but we needed to
- 24 The Great Debate, What is Worth Precious Money and Time in NYC
- 25 Christmas Napa Valley