I am a FODORS newbie and also taking my first "real" trip to NYC in early December. I was in NYC back in '03 but it was for only one day. I have so many questions, but I have narrowed them down to just a few pertinent ones that we would like answered.
We are flying into JFK and landing about 2:30 or so and we are staying for 4 days in the Hell's Kitchen area at a B&B type place. What is the best, most recommended way to travel from JFK to our place. As of now, our plan was to take a taxi. I think I read the cost is around $50. Just wondering if there are better, more economical options. My wife is reluctant to take the subway/train as we will be lugging two suitcases with. I do know this way is much cheaper, and probably faster, but I also don't want to stick out like a sore thumb.
My other question is the HO/HO buses. Are they a good idea? I was looking at one because I thought the Holiday Lights night tour would be cool, and then for $10 more we can upgrade to the 48 hour ticket. What are everyone's thoughts. I am not sure how comfortable it will be riding on the top of a bus in early December.
Any other tips and recommendations will be greatly appreciated. We are also planning on doing the NBC studio tour, Top of the Rock, and see the Rockettes.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Retiring to Tucson
- 2 Renting an RV to Tour NM
- 3 Big Island of Hawaii - itinerary ideas for 7-10 day trip
- 4 Westhester/Bronx/Yonkers area event planning
- 5 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 6 Saturday traffic heading to the Outer Banks
- 7 Favorite lodging near Acadia NP? Maine in October?
- 8 Help Please - NYC Questions and Plans
- 9 Driving from Miami to Florida Keys - electronic tolls?
- 10 Hotel in Reno
- 11 winter resort offering snowshoeing dog sledding & boat trip
- 12 Alaska Trip Planning Please Help
- 13 Looking for informaation on Joshua Tree
- 14 Summer Vacation Ideas
- 15 Southwest Road Trip in Oct
- 16 A nice restuarnt in Charlottesville, VA for bridesmaids luncheon?
- 17 In search of cool beach town in the Carolinas
- 18 http://skincaremarkets.com/brainup-iq/
- 19 Utah National Parks visit
- 20 10 days vacation in California
- 21 Steelhead fishing in Kenai Alaska
- 22 Plan a trip for me! 3 kids 5 and under, SW airlines out of MKE
- 23 roadtrip sfo - seattle
- 24 Chicago to Portland drive March 1
- 25 Maui where to stay help