My DH and I, along with another couple, are taking a cruise out of Cape Liberty, NJ on Sept. 8, 2013. We are flying in to Newark on the 6th & will be staying there. We would like to take a tour on Saturday the 7th, preferably a combination of transport and walking. Our number one thing is the 9/11 memorial, but would like to see some other sights as well. We are all 70ish but in good health so walking should not be a problem. We don't want to just drive by on a bus. I realize that getting into NYC from NJ will probably be our biggest problem. Any suggestions. We will probably come back to NYC at a later date so we do not need to see "everything".
NYC In One Day
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Fun restaurant for kids before Broadway play
- 2 Driving between Nashville and Memphis
- 3 Nev Senator Harry Reid's Ritz Carlton digs
- 4 Fun restaurants in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge
- 5 Road to Hana in 2 days without spending the night???
- 6 Albuquerque Recommendations
- 7 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 8 Can I make a 1pm flight out of OGG if I stay the night before in Hana?
- 9 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 10 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 11 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 12 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 13 Brooklyn why?
- 14 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 15 Is it a good idea to stay near LAX?
- 16 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 17 Road trip from Nashville to Dallas
- 18 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 19 An overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows
- 20 New York City Restaurants
- 21 Where can I best see Orca whales in the wild?
- 22 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 23 Buying African Masks in Chicago, New York City or Atlanta
- 24 Maui vacation
- 25 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands