My DH and I, along with another couple, are taking a cruise out of Cape Liberty, NJ on Sept. 8, 2013. We are flying in to Newark on the 6th & will be staying there. We would like to take a tour on Saturday the 7th, preferably a combination of transport and walking. Our number one thing is the 9/11 memorial, but would like to see some other sights as well. We are all 70ish but in good health so walking should not be a problem. We don't want to just drive by on a bus. I realize that getting into NYC from NJ will probably be our biggest problem. Any suggestions. We will probably come back to NYC at a later date so we do not need to see "everything".
NYC In One Day
View all United States activity »
- 1 suewoo and any other Charleston, SC experts
- 2 Hey drivers, taking my grandmother to San Fran - lil help?!?
- 3 Car service from JFK to lower Manhattan
- 4 San Antonio
- 5 Hotel near Public Theater
- 6 hotel near Met NYC
- 7 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 8 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 9 New Yorkers Live Longer - Health Initiatives Seem to Work
- 10 Taking a Road trip Memphis through to Smokey Mtns.
- 11 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 12 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 13 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip
- 14 Oahu Information
- 15 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 16 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 17 Warm and don't Drive
- 18 driving route to disneyland, Anaheim
- 19 Historic District Hotel, St. Augustine, Florida, February
- 20 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 21 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 22 One day in Washington DC
- 23 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 24 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 25 Disney Florida - Which parks to go for 1.5 days?