I'm an Australian who is spending the month of December in the USA this year. We have family in San Diego and Baltimore but my 7yr old son and I will be doing a 3-4 day trip up to New York City. Never been to New York before but eager to check out some highlights. I'm a bit nervy in big cities and I guess NY is about as big as it gets, but I don't want this ruining our time there. I figured we would take day trips to check out the sights. I would greatly appreciated any advice you could give. I have put below our interests and likes....
* would love to see Christmas lights/ activities
* not a boat person
* love the idea of a horse-drawn carriage ride
* quite the foodie!!!
* have always wanted to see Hershey Chocolate Factory and Amish Community - is this a possibility from NYC?
* son has poor muscle tone so tires easily with a lot of walking
* would love a chance for my son to see snow
* bit scared to explore the city by myself
* we will be coming in and out via Amtrak
Also, have NO IDEA what area to look at staying. Budget is very limited - $200US per night. Looking for somewhere where tour companies would collect from. Don't need fancy, but clean and safe.
Thanks in advance for your advice!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Lines for Shakespeare in the park tickets
- 2 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 3 Beautiful Skin Starts ==>> http://topmuscleuptips.com/tenderma/
- 4 Boston-Philadelphia: drive, fly, Amtrak?
- 5 Safe travel route from Medford, Oregon to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- 6 8-Hour Napali Fishing Charter with Kids?
- 7 8 Days in Yellowstone/GTNP
- 8 Must Sees in San Francisco
- 9 Family Vacation for Mom's 80th Birthday
- 10 Nashville Questions
- 11 Summer vacation
- 12 Pittsburgh to New York City
- 13 Grand Circle - need to add 3 nights
- 14 New Orleans on Easter Sunday - parade and church?
- 15 First Trip to Texas -
- 16 Resort/Hotel near Port Canaveral
- 17 Port Angelas -Vegas
- 18 Camping Road Trip with Kids - SD to Santa Fe
- 19 Driving from NY to Boston in February
- 20 Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor - how to get to the city?
- 21 Driving to Naples fl
- 22 Beaches in Florida
- 23 What to do in San Diego
- 24 Disney for Florida residents
- 25 Our Boston Getaway