So this is my first time posting on a forum, here goes!
I'm planning a trip in a few weeks starting off in New York, spending a week there with a friend doing the typical touristy stuff - I've never been. My friend then leaves and my solo adventure begins:
I really enjoy outdoor activities as well as spending time looking round and getting to know cities. So I'm not 100% crazy set on anything. Also, my first time solo backpacking.
I'm planning in flying to Denver from NYC, spending about 4 days there, not necessarily in the city, would like to join an excursion to the Rocky Mountain national park - but I'm not going have a car (crazy I know...) so I'm going to see how thing work out when I arrive at hostels. Hopefully, find organised tours, or people who are going on day trips. Maybe check out train to get me closer.
Can anyone recommend any hostels in Denver or any of the other places I'm heading?
I'm also concerned about the temperature, I'm ok in high heat - I'm half Spanish, but is it tolerable?
So then flying from Denver to Phoenix, spending 4 or 5 days there to see the gran canyon, Tuzigoot ruins, rock formations, painted desert... Again, no car, so hoping to find organised tours/ people in hostels.
After Phoenix flying to San Francisco - In the beginning I was set on going to LA but after speaking to different people and doing a bit of research I've decided to skip it, any thoughts?
After spending a few days in San Francisco city, it would be great to get to Yosemite national park, does anyone know of tours?
I'm then flying from San Francisco to Calgary in Canada, and going to the Rockies there and Vancouver island. I'll post on the other board about that!
I would appreciate any information you could give me about my destinations, organised tours, places to stay (I'm thinking of airbnb as well as hostels), price guides, because I'm going to be on my own, I won't be eating in restaurants much, more super market/ street stalls. Also weather, any help and guidance would be much appreciated!
Thanks in advance everyone!
NYC-Denver-Phoenix-San Francisco - Canada
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road Trip SW
- 2 Connecticut River Byway
- 3 Honeymoon/road trip/adventure/help!
- 4 3 days, 4 nights in Denver
- 5 San Diego farmer's markets
- 6 car rental from denver airport and shuttle question
- 7 The Seedy Side of Key West
- 8 Vacation trip to Portland, OR,
- 9 San Fran to Las Vegas drive
- 10 Convenient Accommodation suggestions
- 11 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 12 Vacation with 1 year old - ideas?
- 13 drive from SF to crater lake
- 14 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 15 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 16 moving to florida
- 17 Trip Report - Jersey Shore, Cherry Hill, Philly, back to the roots...
- 18 Hotel near Miami airport
- 19 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?
- 20 Santa Barbara, California
- 21 Alaska Local Knowledge Request
- 22 Lighting for photos at Mt Ranier
- 23 Road Trip Help--- Philly to Sunset, SC (Virginia portion)
- 24 Vegas - Grand Canyon - Tucson
- 25 culpepper