So this is my first time posting on a forum, here goes!
I'm planning a trip in a few weeks starting off in New York, spending a week there with a friend doing the typical touristy stuff - I've never been. My friend then leaves and my solo adventure begins:
I really enjoy outdoor activities as well as spending time looking round and getting to know cities. So I'm not 100% crazy set on anything. Also, my first time solo backpacking.
I'm planning in flying to Denver from NYC, spending about 4 days there, not necessarily in the city, would like to join an excursion to the Rocky Mountain national park - but I'm not going have a car (crazy I know...) so I'm going to see how thing work out when I arrive at hostels. Hopefully, find organised tours, or people who are going on day trips. Maybe check out train to get me closer.
Can anyone recommend any hostels in Denver or any of the other places I'm heading?
I'm also concerned about the temperature, I'm ok in high heat - I'm half Spanish, but is it tolerable?
So then flying from Denver to Phoenix, spending 4 or 5 days there to see the gran canyon, Tuzigoot ruins, rock formations, painted desert... Again, no car, so hoping to find organised tours/ people in hostels.
After Phoenix flying to San Francisco - In the beginning I was set on going to LA but after speaking to different people and doing a bit of research I've decided to skip it, any thoughts?
After spending a few days in San Francisco city, it would be great to get to Yosemite national park, does anyone know of tours?
I'm then flying from San Francisco to Calgary in Canada, and going to the Rockies there and Vancouver island. I'll post on the other board about that!
I would appreciate any information you could give me about my destinations, organised tours, places to stay (I'm thinking of airbnb as well as hostels), price guides, because I'm going to be on my own, I won't be eating in restaurants much, more super market/ street stalls. Also weather, any help and guidance would be much appreciated!
Thanks in advance everyone!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Kids missing three weeks of school.
- 2 Need Help w/ Itinerary-Redwood NP, Mendocino, Sea Ranch Lodge
- 3 Maine weather and temps
- 4 Alcatrez sold out
- 5 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 6 The Frugals Go To Maine
- 7 Maine Lobster Rolls
- 8 Nantucket Baggage Storage
- 9 Key West - Kids Friendly?
- 10 Would Torrey be a good base for Moab/Canyonlands
- 11 How long to spend at Lassen Volcanic NP?
- 12 Cross Country Road Trip Phoenix to Boston
- 13 New York with my 16 year old granddaughter
- 14 Broadway
- 15 Buying MI lake house- which lake is warmer, medium sized and clear?
- 16 4 OR 5 BEDROOM CABIN IN WISCONSIN, IOWA OR MINNESOTA FOR ANNUAL GIRL TRIP
- 17 Do you need a car in Siesta Key? 1st timer....
- 18 A great birthday trip to Charleston!
- 19 Road Trip from Dallas to Miami
- 20 Hawaii Itinerary for Family with Teens
- 21 Need help planning....
- 22 L.A. and Sequoia
- 23 Are you sick from Alaskan tour?
- 24 Hawaii with 2 young teens
- 25 Week motorcycle ride