I'm hoping to get some insight to help me plan our trip to NY arriving early on 4/30 and returning late evening 5/3/14. It's a bucket list trip.
I'd like opinions on lodging and then the best way to see several tourist sites since I'm taking my mom and aunt who are mid 60's and might not be able to walk as much as the rest of us who are between 26 and 40. They can walk, just might tire a bit more.
There are 6 adults (2 couples who will share beds and then my mom and aunt who prefer to have their own beds). So I've been searching for rooms trying to decide if we should book 2 or maybe 3 rooms. While searching, I ran across apartments2book and wondered if anyone has any feedback on using them? Reviews seem okay but are limited.
I know we'll be going all over the place so I'm not too picky about the location.
The sites on my mom's bucket list are:
Times Square, 9/11 memorial, central park, 5th ave shops, cathedral, top of the rock, Empire state building, Broadway, Statue of Liberty/Ellis Island & see the Brooklyn Bridge. My question here is if it's worth doing one of those bus tours or if those waste too much time in traffic? Would just hopping on the subway be smarter? I also see there are different city pass card things and wondered if it's wise to purchase those or just do pay for each 'site' as we go.
Thanks in advance for any comments and recommendations.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 2 Lines for Shakespeare in the park tickets
- 3 Boston-Philadelphia: drive, fly, Amtrak?
- 4 Safe travel route from Medford, Oregon to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- 5 8-Hour Napali Fishing Charter with Kids?
- 6 8 Days in Yellowstone/GTNP
- 7 Must Sees in San Francisco
- 8 Family Vacation for Mom's 80th Birthday
- 9 Nashville Questions
- 10 Summer vacation
- 11 Pittsburgh to New York City
- 12 Grand Circle - need to add 3 nights
- 13 New Orleans on Easter Sunday - parade and church?
- 14 First Trip to Texas -
- 15 Resort/Hotel near Port Canaveral
- 16 Port Angelas -Vegas
- 17 Camping Road Trip with Kids - SD to Santa Fe
- 18 Driving from NY to Boston in February
- 19 Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor - how to get to the city?
- 20 Driving to Naples fl
- 21 Beaches in Florida
- 22 What to do in San Diego
- 23 Disney for Florida residents
- 24 Our Boston Getaway
- 25 Whale Watching in Kauai