I'm hoping to get some insight to help me plan our trip to NY arriving early on 4/30 and returning late evening 5/3/14. It's a bucket list trip.
I'd like opinions on lodging and then the best way to see several tourist sites since I'm taking my mom and aunt who are mid 60's and might not be able to walk as much as the rest of us who are between 26 and 40. They can walk, just might tire a bit more.
There are 6 adults (2 couples who will share beds and then my mom and aunt who prefer to have their own beds). So I've been searching for rooms trying to decide if we should book 2 or maybe 3 rooms. While searching, I ran across apartments2book and wondered if anyone has any feedback on using them? Reviews seem okay but are limited.
I know we'll be going all over the place so I'm not too picky about the location.
The sites on my mom's bucket list are:
Times Square, 9/11 memorial, central park, 5th ave shops, cathedral, top of the rock, Empire state building, Broadway, Statue of Liberty/Ellis Island & see the Brooklyn Bridge. My question here is if it's worth doing one of those bus tours or if those waste too much time in traffic? Would just hopping on the subway be smarter? I also see there are different city pass card things and wondered if it's wise to purchase those or just do pay for each 'site' as we go.
Thanks in advance for any comments and recommendations.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Florida keys trip
- 2 Jersey shore town recommendation for July 4th weeekend
- 3 Washington DC in mid May. Questions!
- 4 San Diego to Vancouver in 14 Days
- 5 Summer trip
- 6 Gros Ventre campsite availability mid Sept
- 7 family road trip from SF to Portland to Seattle
- 8 Route Planning for East USA
- 9 Pacific Northwest with daughters
- 10 Italian Food, Palm Desert
- 11 Where would you live for a year if housing was paid for?
- 12 How many states have you been to?
- 13 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 14 New Yorkers...I have a subway construction question for you...
- 15 Hiking the Narrows, Zion National Park
- 16 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 17 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 18 Guest Ranch - Montana/Wyoming
- 19 Skagway
- 20 Retiring in NM?
- 21 Chicago to Charleston
- 22 Alaska in First Week of Sept
- 23 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 24 Where to stay 3 nights to see Yosemite from Death Valley?
- 25 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?