I'm hoping to get some insight to help me plan our trip to NY arriving early on 4/30 and returning late evening 5/3/14. It's a bucket list trip.
I'd like opinions on lodging and then the best way to see several tourist sites since I'm taking my mom and aunt who are mid 60's and might not be able to walk as much as the rest of us who are between 26 and 40. They can walk, just might tire a bit more.
There are 6 adults (2 couples who will share beds and then my mom and aunt who prefer to have their own beds). So I've been searching for rooms trying to decide if we should book 2 or maybe 3 rooms. While searching, I ran across apartments2book and wondered if anyone has any feedback on using them? Reviews seem okay but are limited.
I know we'll be going all over the place so I'm not too picky about the location.
The sites on my mom's bucket list are:
Times Square, 9/11 memorial, central park, 5th ave shops, cathedral, top of the rock, Empire state building, Broadway, Statue of Liberty/Ellis Island & see the Brooklyn Bridge. My question here is if it's worth doing one of those bus tours or if those waste too much time in traffic? Would just hopping on the subway be smarter? I also see there are different city pass card things and wondered if it's wise to purchase those or just do pay for each 'site' as we go.
Thanks in advance for any comments and recommendations.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seafood In Cannon Beach
- 2 Alaska independent tour for group
- 3 Considering a vacation in Texas this year
- 4 Hamilton Broadway
- 5 Port Angelas -Vegas
- 6 Sarasota, Florida, good value hotels
- 7 Florida Beach Hotel
- 8 Texas area with nature AND proximity to a city?
- 9 Savannah in st patrick's weekend?
- 10 Washington DC with kids
- 11 My road trip through southern US.
- 12 Late night eating in Kauai
- 13 Native and Natural Interests near the Grand Canyon
- 14 Road trip from North Carolina to Maine
- 15 Florida Nature Trip
- 16 help from a true New Yorker.
- 17 4 days in wine country. Where should we stay?
- 18 Road trip through southern US states - must-see suggestions?
- 19 8 Days in Yellowstone/GTNP
- 20 Our House Has no Hot Tub - Where to Soak in Crested Butte
- 21 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 22 Safety Concerns
- 23 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 24 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 25 Best 2 (or 3) Day Drive Between Phoenix & Palm Springs?