I'm hoping to get some insight to help me plan our trip to NY arriving early on 4/30 and returning late evening 5/3/14. It's a bucket list trip.
I'd like opinions on lodging and then the best way to see several tourist sites since I'm taking my mom and aunt who are mid 60's and might not be able to walk as much as the rest of us who are between 26 and 40. They can walk, just might tire a bit more.
There are 6 adults (2 couples who will share beds and then my mom and aunt who prefer to have their own beds). So I've been searching for rooms trying to decide if we should book 2 or maybe 3 rooms. While searching, I ran across apartments2book and wondered if anyone has any feedback on using them? Reviews seem okay but are limited.
I know we'll be going all over the place so I'm not too picky about the location.
The sites on my mom's bucket list are:
Times Square, 9/11 memorial, central park, 5th ave shops, cathedral, top of the rock, Empire state building, Broadway, Statue of Liberty/Ellis Island & see the Brooklyn Bridge. My question here is if it's worth doing one of those bus tours or if those waste too much time in traffic? Would just hopping on the subway be smarter? I also see there are different city pass card things and wondered if it's wise to purchase those or just do pay for each 'site' as we go.
Thanks in advance for any comments and recommendations.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 ~~Support**(((1-855-826-7859))))quickbooks pro tech support number?
- 2 An main element is the Tru average skin Cream hyaluronic
- 3 My Joyful Testimony
- 4 BUSSINESS SPONSORSHIP
- 5 Utah: Southern Parks Itinerary Help
- 6 Will be in Palm Springs CA November 14-29, 2015
- 7 Seattle to Los Angeles Dec 2015
- 8 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 9 Philadelphia PA: Safe Place/Watched Lot to Leave Car Near NYC Bus Depot
- 10 Best place for first night; Beach?
- 11 Budget hotel San Francisco
- 12 Bagging a bargain on Black Friday?
- 13 Dry Tortugas, Ferry or SeaPlane
- 14 Vegas-Arizona-Utah road Trip
- 15 Miami to West Palm Beach tomorrow!
- 16 Modern, clean Miami Airport hotel ???
- 17 Relocating to the Deep South
- 18 Traveling to bend ore via hwy 5 fron SF in early January
- 19 2.5 days in New York. Are hotels the only option?
- 20 Security at Lucas Oil Stadium for Big Ten Championship
- 21 Costco Chicken Salad Recalled
- 22 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 23 south west family trip itinerary
- 24 Oahu November 2015 Trip Report
- 25 Report & Photos: Behind the Scenes at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade!