I'm hoping to get some insight to help me plan our trip to NY arriving early on 4/30 and returning late evening 5/3/14. It's a bucket list trip.
I'd like opinions on lodging and then the best way to see several tourist sites since I'm taking my mom and aunt who are mid 60's and might not be able to walk as much as the rest of us who are between 26 and 40. They can walk, just might tire a bit more.
There are 6 adults (2 couples who will share beds and then my mom and aunt who prefer to have their own beds). So I've been searching for rooms trying to decide if we should book 2 or maybe 3 rooms. While searching, I ran across apartments2book and wondered if anyone has any feedback on using them? Reviews seem okay but are limited.
I know we'll be going all over the place so I'm not too picky about the location.
The sites on my mom's bucket list are:
Times Square, 9/11 memorial, central park, 5th ave shops, cathedral, top of the rock, Empire state building, Broadway, Statue of Liberty/Ellis Island & see the Brooklyn Bridge. My question here is if it's worth doing one of those bus tours or if those waste too much time in traffic? Would just hopping on the subway be smarter? I also see there are different city pass card things and wondered if it's wise to purchase those or just do pay for each 'site' as we go.
Thanks in advance for any comments and recommendations.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Oklahoma - Dallas - Houston - New Orleans - Orlando
- 2 Driving at Night in YNP
- 3 Historial/Culture-filled restaurants in Savannah, and Atlanta!
- 4 Where to stay in Missoula?
- 5 Hudson Valley Drive Suggestions
- 6 Overnight tour from New York to see Washington, D.C.
- 7 2 months road trip out west - need one way renting mini RV
- 8 Help with VT/NH driving trip in October
- 9 Family vacation itinerary pointers
- 10 Restaurant for lunch between Atlanta and Savannah
- 11 Visiting Mount Washington - interesting stops along I-91?
- 12 San Diego July 2016 - an FYI
- 13 Pacific coast road trip
- 14 Our explorations of the Hudson Valley & Catskills
- 15 My son's first day in New York
- 16 The Manhattan Project - The Maitais Return To The Big Apple
- 17 Kauai Eats... Recommendations??
- 18 Where to stay in Kansas City MO/What to do
- 19 MANN FAMILY FARM- BOLINAS CA: Do You Know This Area?
- 20 Looking for rustic secluded cabins/yurts in midwest
- 21 NYC Suggestions - Six Week Trip…?
- 22 Restaurants in San Francisco and Napa/Sonoma Valley
- 23 Wildlife viewing in the US South West
- 24 Itinerary Critique: BNP/Mt.R/YNP/Jac
- 25 Itinerary Critique: BNP/Mt.R/YNP/Jac