I'm hoping to get some insight to help me plan our trip to NY arriving early on 4/30 and returning late evening 5/3/14. It's a bucket list trip.
I'd like opinions on lodging and then the best way to see several tourist sites since I'm taking my mom and aunt who are mid 60's and might not be able to walk as much as the rest of us who are between 26 and 40. They can walk, just might tire a bit more.
There are 6 adults (2 couples who will share beds and then my mom and aunt who prefer to have their own beds). So I've been searching for rooms trying to decide if we should book 2 or maybe 3 rooms. While searching, I ran across apartments2book and wondered if anyone has any feedback on using them? Reviews seem okay but are limited.
I know we'll be going all over the place so I'm not too picky about the location.
The sites on my mom's bucket list are:
Times Square, 9/11 memorial, central park, 5th ave shops, cathedral, top of the rock, Empire state building, Broadway, Statue of Liberty/Ellis Island & see the Brooklyn Bridge. My question here is if it's worth doing one of those bus tours or if those waste too much time in traffic? Would just hopping on the subway be smarter? I also see there are different city pass card things and wondered if it's wise to purchase those or just do pay for each 'site' as we go.
Thanks in advance for any comments and recommendations.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Sarà offerto all'asta anello donna Guess Miami prezzo il 24 settembre
- 2 4 OR 5 BEDROOM CABIN IN WISCONSIN, IOWA OR MINNESOTA FOR ANNUAL GIRL TRIP
- 3 Alcatrez sold out
- 4 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 5 Key West - Kids Friendly?
- 6 Do you need a car in Siesta Key? 1st timer....
- 7 A great birthday trip to Charleston!
- 8 Maine weather and temps
- 9 Road Trip from Dallas to Miami
- 10 Hawaii Itinerary for Family with Teens
- 11 New York with my 16 year old granddaughter
- 12 Kids missing three weeks of school.
- 13 Need help planning....
- 14 L.A. and Sequoia
- 15 Are you sick from Alaskan tour?
- 16 Hawaii with 2 young teens
- 17 Week motorcycle ride
- 18 Embassy Suites HOnolulu
- 19 Broadway
- 20 South Point/Ka Lae - Southern Most Point of the USA
- 21 Farmer's market in Lancaster County, PA
- 22 Buying MI lake house- which lake is warmer, medium sized and clear?
- 23 Favorites in North/South Carolina/Georgia? Help please!
- 24 Not enough time, i guess..
- 25 Moving to New York City, Where can i find a good place?