I'm hoping to get some insight to help me plan our trip to NY arriving early on 4/30 and returning late evening 5/3/14. It's a bucket list trip.
I'd like opinions on lodging and then the best way to see several tourist sites since I'm taking my mom and aunt who are mid 60's and might not be able to walk as much as the rest of us who are between 26 and 40. They can walk, just might tire a bit more.
There are 6 adults (2 couples who will share beds and then my mom and aunt who prefer to have their own beds). So I've been searching for rooms trying to decide if we should book 2 or maybe 3 rooms. While searching, I ran across apartments2book and wondered if anyone has any feedback on using them? Reviews seem okay but are limited.
I know we'll be going all over the place so I'm not too picky about the location.
The sites on my mom's bucket list are:
Times Square, 9/11 memorial, central park, 5th ave shops, cathedral, top of the rock, Empire state building, Broadway, Statue of Liberty/Ellis Island & see the Brooklyn Bridge. My question here is if it's worth doing one of those bus tours or if those waste too much time in traffic? Would just hopping on the subway be smarter? I also see there are different city pass card things and wondered if it's wise to purchase those or just do pay for each 'site' as we go.
Thanks in advance for any comments and recommendations.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 US whole month of January where to
- 2 Drive from Ohio to NYC
- 3 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 4 온라인바다이야기 ▣ 홈피:【 ' m k 2 8 9.com ' 】
- 5 Family trip Las Vegas to Zion, Bryce, Page, GC and Sedona?
- 6 Boston hotel in May - Suburb and using the T-line
- 7 UC Santa Barbara hotels
- 8 Looking for advice on my hitchhike trip plan
- 9 Is Yosemite worth going too in July?
- 10 Las vegas hotel off the beaten path
- 11 Miami airport--safety??
- 12 Road Trip-San Francisco and Los Angeles
- 13 Rocky Mountain road trip
- 14 Central Coast CA kayaking?
- 15 Things to do in Toronto
- 16 Antelope Canyon visit in August - best time
- 17 Mesa Verde National Park Colorado
- 18 Hawaiian Honeymoon - Hotel Advice
- 19 Miami Beach and Baseball Trip - Hampton Inn or Sheraton Four Points
- 20 Road trip LA to Phoenix via Grand Canyon
- 21 Dinosaur National Monument
- 22 NYC THEATRE DISTRICT...new restaurant
- 23 Need advise(s) for travel from DFW to Destin FL
- 24 Restaurant near Whitney Museum
- 25 Westhester/Bronx/Yonkers area event planning