I'm hoping to get some insight to help me plan our trip to NY arriving early on 4/30 and returning late evening 5/3/14. It's a bucket list trip.
I'd like opinions on lodging and then the best way to see several tourist sites since I'm taking my mom and aunt who are mid 60's and might not be able to walk as much as the rest of us who are between 26 and 40. They can walk, just might tire a bit more.
There are 6 adults (2 couples who will share beds and then my mom and aunt who prefer to have their own beds). So I've been searching for rooms trying to decide if we should book 2 or maybe 3 rooms. While searching, I ran across apartments2book and wondered if anyone has any feedback on using them? Reviews seem okay but are limited.
I know we'll be going all over the place so I'm not too picky about the location.
The sites on my mom's bucket list are:
Times Square, 9/11 memorial, central park, 5th ave shops, cathedral, top of the rock, Empire state building, Broadway, Statue of Liberty/Ellis Island & see the Brooklyn Bridge. My question here is if it's worth doing one of those bus tours or if those waste too much time in traffic? Would just hopping on the subway be smarter? I also see there are different city pass card things and wondered if it's wise to purchase those or just do pay for each 'site' as we go.
Thanks in advance for any comments and recommendations.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://klereumcol.com/bioslim-garcinia-cambogia/
- 2 Coco Palms on Kauai
- 3 Sunday gospel mass in Harlem
- 4 Do you have suggestions on my first roadtrip South-West USA?
- 5 The Great Debate, What is Worth Precious Money and Time in NYC
- 6 Jazz and dinner -- Chicago
- 7 "Kid" things to do in Stanwood area
- 8 Your favourite places in New York City
- 9 A June trip to Kauai
- 10 ONE DY ONE NIGHT IN LA
- 11 A day in Boston
- 12 2 days in DC with 18 year old
- 13 Florida - East Coast vs. Gulf Coast - opinion asap
- 14 Is Coney Island worth a trip if you don't like rides?
- 15 What's the 14th Street area like?
- 16 California Road Trip: SFO-Mount Shasta-Monterey (10 days)
- 17 Need advice about Toms River/Seaside Heights NJ
- 18 Western National Parks Road Trip (Revised)
- 19 Mystic CT
- 20 Maui in October? Hyatt Regency, or quieter spot??
- 21 How to search for condo rental in Oahu
- 22 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 23 Western National Parks Road Trip
- 24 Los Angeles - 12 hours in Downtown Travel Report
- 25 The city never sleeps, but we needed to