I'm hoping to get some insight to help me plan our trip to NY arriving early on 4/30 and returning late evening 5/3/14. It's a bucket list trip.
I'd like opinions on lodging and then the best way to see several tourist sites since I'm taking my mom and aunt who are mid 60's and might not be able to walk as much as the rest of us who are between 26 and 40. They can walk, just might tire a bit more.
There are 6 adults (2 couples who will share beds and then my mom and aunt who prefer to have their own beds). So I've been searching for rooms trying to decide if we should book 2 or maybe 3 rooms. While searching, I ran across apartments2book and wondered if anyone has any feedback on using them? Reviews seem okay but are limited.
I know we'll be going all over the place so I'm not too picky about the location.
The sites on my mom's bucket list are:
Times Square, 9/11 memorial, central park, 5th ave shops, cathedral, top of the rock, Empire state building, Broadway, Statue of Liberty/Ellis Island & see the Brooklyn Bridge. My question here is if it's worth doing one of those bus tours or if those waste too much time in traffic? Would just hopping on the subway be smarter? I also see there are different city pass card things and wondered if it's wise to purchase those or just do pay for each 'site' as we go.
Thanks in advance for any comments and recommendations.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Proshred Elite Reviews | XTGENIXAU
- 2 http://www.xtgenixau.com/proshred-elite-reviews/
- 3 Acadia National Park
- 4 San Diego - Del vs. Loews Coronado Bay
- 5 2017 Yellowstone or bust
- 6 Early 30's Couple Spending Two Weeks in Coastal Maine and Canada
- 7 Traveling with an infant
- 8 Nightine Transport! Best Hotel?
- 9 2 1/2 days in Mesa Verde, Santa Fe, Taos
- 10 Yellowstone - places to stay
- 11 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
- 12 From Newark to Manhattan
- 13 Entrance Time for Bryce, Arches, Canyonlands NPs?
- 14 Yellowstone/GTNP trip booked! Now need tour advice please.
- 15 Palm Springs, CA trip advice
- 16 Monument Valley
- 17 A few reviews from our Santa Monica/Disneyland trip
- 18 Commuting to New Jersey from Manhattan
- 19 driving RT 66
- 20 once in a lifetime
- 21 North California/South Oregon
- 22 How to get from the Frick Collection to Brooklyn Academy of Music
- 23 Hotels Houston
- 24 Looking for REPUTABLE travel insurance in US
- 25 Birthday vacation ideas