I'm hoping to get some insight to help me plan our trip to NY arriving early on 4/30 and returning late evening 5/3/14. It's a bucket list trip.
I'd like opinions on lodging and then the best way to see several tourist sites since I'm taking my mom and aunt who are mid 60's and might not be able to walk as much as the rest of us who are between 26 and 40. They can walk, just might tire a bit more.
There are 6 adults (2 couples who will share beds and then my mom and aunt who prefer to have their own beds). So I've been searching for rooms trying to decide if we should book 2 or maybe 3 rooms. While searching, I ran across apartments2book and wondered if anyone has any feedback on using them? Reviews seem okay but are limited.
I know we'll be going all over the place so I'm not too picky about the location.
The sites on my mom's bucket list are:
Times Square, 9/11 memorial, central park, 5th ave shops, cathedral, top of the rock, Empire state building, Broadway, Statue of Liberty/Ellis Island & see the Brooklyn Bridge. My question here is if it's worth doing one of those bus tours or if those waste too much time in traffic? Would just hopping on the subway be smarter? I also see there are different city pass card things and wondered if it's wise to purchase those or just do pay for each 'site' as we go.
Thanks in advance for any comments and recommendations.
NY tourist ?'s 4/30-5/3/14: 6 adults- 2 over 64
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Alaska trip -Labor Day weekend
- 2 Boston Logan airport to Salem MA
- 3 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 4 Need help with Yellowstone and area starting in SLC
- 5 Easiest US airports to get to/from with public transportation
- 6 Vail or Aspen in summertime?
- 7 Major League Soccer clubs, what should FC Dallas do?
- 8 Mesa Verde
- 9 Seattle Hyatts
- 10 Trip to the Adirondacks
- 11 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 12 5 days and 4 nights outside of San Francisco
- 13 California road trip
- 14 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon
- 15 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 16 Best beach in San Diego for family vacation ages 8-16
- 17 San Diego - wher to stay
- 18 Mountain hiking in the US for kids - Fall/Spring . . .
- 19 Camping in the Adirondacks
- 20 LA, San Diego and San Francisco in 8 days -- can/should we try?
- 21 Flights from Bay Area to Orlando, Florida
- 22 Berkshires in late October
- 23 2 day in Adirondack park
- 24 No accomodation in Hana...should we forget about it?
- 25 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?