I'm planning on driving from NYC to Seattle, WA at the beginning of January. I'll be driving a Honda Civic coupe and am interested in the safest and fastest route. I had been planning to drop down to I-40 and follow that to California, but I have read that the road can be nasty in the winter. If that is indeed the case, it may be just as simple to drive across on I-80 and I-90 and save 1000 miles of driving time. Would appreciate recommendations and thoughts of others on which route would be best.
NY to Seattle, WA - best driving route in January?
View all United States activity »
- 1 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 2 Bowers Museum - Need Restaurant Suggestions Nearby
- 3 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 4 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 5 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 6 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 7 Orlando to Salt Lake City route, end of January
- 8 Im new and need HELP to plan my Rv travel !!
- 9 Has anyone used AirBnB to find lodging?
- 10 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 11 Hey drivers, taking my grandmother to San Fran - lil help?!?
- 12 First time to Austin-San Antonio area
- 13 St. Augustine, Florida
- 14 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 15 San Antonio
- 16 Maybe a trip to NYC will make my 16 year old think Mom's okay
- 17 hotel near Met NYC
- 18 Where should I move to?
- 19 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 20 Taking a Road trip Memphis through to Smokey Mtns.
- 21 Fripp island
- 22 2nd visit to California wine country, recommendations needed.
- 23 Help Requested for Winter Cross-Country Driving Move
- 24 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip
- 25 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.