We will be visiting the NW to ski Whistler mid -late March for our 8 year olds spring break week. Flying into SEA or Portland and should have 3-4 days to see the area. Very interested in whale watching, visiting san juans, Vancouver and possibly Olympic NP.Will have a rental car. I can't find too much information on whale watching in March. It seems the Orcas trips don't begin until April/ May but gray whales should be in the area. Does anyone offer those trips on a daily basis? How about Olympic? Is hurricane ridge accessible then? It also appears that the park lodges are not open yet? Checking the ferries schedules it doesn't appear that many run that time of year either.? Any advice is welcomed. Thanks.
NW Whale watching in March?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 2 4 week family trip ideas
- 3 Dining in Manhattan
- 4 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 5 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 6 Escape cold in mid-Feb (4) nights from Michigan
- 7 Road trip next summes...Suggestions ?
- 8 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 9 From Seattle airport to the city
- 10 General Utah planning questions
- 11 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?
- 12 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 13 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 14 Protecting yourself when using VRBO
- 15 Washington and Oregon Fall vacation 2015
- 16 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 17 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 18 New York City Christmas Trip
- 19 Las Vegas to Grand Canyon, February
- 20 Washington - North cascades trails (Goat Lake and others) okay in winter?
- 21 Colorado Skiing
- 22 American Honeymoon in March
- 23 Craft Beer & Delicious Food in Vegas
- 24 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 25 golf and fishing recommendations in Tampa area