I'm going to Asheville later this week from Northern Virginia. Is there any way to avoid or minimize driving in the mountains? (They make me NERVOUS.) I'm even willing to Amtrak down, but I can't figure out if there's a station I can arrive at where, if I rent a car there, I can avoid much of the mountains driving to Asheville. Thanks.
NOVA to Asheville - Nervous Mountain Driver
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Cafe Sevilla – Best Tapas Restaurant
- 2 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 3 From Seattle airport to the city
- 4 Las Vegas to Grand Canyon, February
- 5 Washington - North cascades trails (Goat Lake and others) okay in winter?
- 6 Colorado Skiing
- 7 American Honeymoon in March
- 8 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 9 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 10 Craft Beer & Delicious Food in Vegas
- 11 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 12 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 13 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 14 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 15 golf and fishing recommendations in Tampa area
- 16 Recomendations for outlets in miami and hotels in orlando
- 17 Northern West Coast Road Trip
- 18 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 19 Yellowstone in the winter?
- 20 To San Francisco for 8 days
- 21 Middle America in October
- 22 New York City Christmas Trip
- 23 visit to HIghLine
- 24 Please Recommend Florida Gulf Coast Beach Towns to Live
- 25 Transportation from Newark to Midtown Hotel