I'm going to Asheville later this week from Northern Virginia. Is there any way to avoid or minimize driving in the mountains? (They make me NERVOUS.) I'm even willing to Amtrak down, but I can't figure out if there's a station I can arrive at where, if I rent a car there, I can avoid much of the mountains driving to Asheville. Thanks.
NOVA to Asheville - Nervous Mountain Driver
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Convenient Accommodation suggestions
- 2 Road Trip SW
- 3 Boston/Salem with kids
- 4 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 5 Honeymoon/road trip/adventure/help!
- 6 San Diego farmer's markets
- 7 Carlsbad/San Diego Ideas
- 8 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 9 San Fran to Las Vegas drive
- 10 Connecticut River Byway
- 11 A few SF recommendations/itinerary review
- 12 Ogunquit Family Get Together
- 13 Is Lanai worth a day trip from Maui?
- 14 3 days, 4 nights in Denver
- 15 car rental from denver airport and shuttle question
- 16 The Seedy Side of Key West
- 17 Vacation trip to Portland, OR,
- 18 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 19 Vacation with 1 year old - ideas?
- 20 drive from SF to crater lake
- 21 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 22 moving to florida
- 23 Trip Report - Jersey Shore, Cherry Hill, Philly, back to the roots...
- 24 Hotel near Miami airport
- 25 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?