I'm going to Asheville later this week from Northern Virginia. Is there any way to avoid or minimize driving in the mountains? (They make me NERVOUS.) I'm even willing to Amtrak down, but I can't figure out if there's a station I can arrive at where, if I rent a car there, I can avoid much of the mountains driving to Asheville. Thanks.
NOVA to Asheville - Nervous Mountain Driver
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Orlando-off-the-beaten-track
- 2 Baggage & Missed Plane Connection Questions
- 3 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 4 Yosemite First timers in August survival Guide
- 5 Pavtube Back to School Coupons 2014: Giveaway + Biggest Coupons
- 6 Exploring New Jersey and New York city
- 7 Road trip from Oakville to Vermont, Maine, Boston - too much in 7 days?
- 8 Houston in September
- 9 Seattle to Las Vegas Family Road Trip
- 10 Aloha from Paradise (aka Kauai)
- 11 late-night DC restaurant
- 12 Joe Tro's San Francisco trip report
- 13 Dinner-Portland, OR-Favorites?
- 14 Yellowstone Road Closures - Impact Old Faithful
- 15 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 16 rental car - Highway 1 Roadtrip
- 17 Trip Report - 4 Days in Olympic National Park
- 18 Please help with daily details for Utah Park trip next month!
- 19 S. Utah 10 day Circle-Itinery-Ist pass
- 20 HAWAII: Honolulu Airport Question
- 21 Oahu ideas
- 22 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 23 Finally!!! Santa Fe/ Albuquerque Family Christmas Break 2014
- 24 cape cod seashore rail trail
- 25 Driving from Philly to Stowe, VT. Need a scenic route!