I'm going to Asheville later this week from Northern Virginia. Is there any way to avoid or minimize driving in the mountains? (They make me NERVOUS.) I'm even willing to Amtrak down, but I can't figure out if there's a station I can arrive at where, if I rent a car there, I can avoid much of the mountains driving to Asheville. Thanks.
NOVA to Asheville - Nervous Mountain Driver
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seattle: Something Different?
- 2 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 3 Seattle Hyatts
- 4 ONP help
- 5 Texas and Deep South Road Trip - with Limited Time!
- 6 LA, San Diego and San Francisco in 8 days -- can/should we try?
- 7 Camping in the Adirondacks
- 8 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 9 Best non-nature activites around Yellowstone and Grand Teton?
- 10 Mountain hiking in the US for kids - Fall/Spring . . .
- 11 Wisconsin - Dells and Madison
- 12 California road trip
- 13 Mesa Verde National Park - a Photo Album on Flickr
- 14 Easiest US airports to get to/from with public transportation
- 15 LA via Death Valley, Grand Canyon to Vegas
- 16 December Break Need Recommendations for Southern Travel
- 17 Washington/Oregon....trip ideas
- 18 Great trip from Bryce to Capitol Reef along Utah Highway 12
- 19 Looking For Something New Around The Bay Area!
- 20 Providence,RI - restaurant and Waterfire advice
- 21 Need help planning "Fall Leaf Color Change" trip
- 22 Which outdoor museum for our New England trip?
- 23 Trip Report - Dinosaur National Monument- UT/CO
- 24 Road Tour in Usa
- 25 So you love handbags!