I'm going to Asheville later this week from Northern Virginia. Is there any way to avoid or minimize driving in the mountains? (They make me NERVOUS.) I'm even willing to Amtrak down, but I can't figure out if there's a station I can arrive at where, if I rent a car there, I can avoid much of the mountains driving to Asheville. Thanks.
NOVA to Asheville - Nervous Mountain Driver
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Chicago - Girl Scout Itinerary
- 2 Car Rental - NYC help me figure out logistics
- 3 Cabin in Northern Maine
- 4 trip from Memphis, TN to San Antonio, TX
- 5 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 6 Bear Viewing in Alaska in early June... Any cost effective recommendations?
- 7 Long Boat Key Condo GOLF TENNIS BEACH
- 8 California San Diego area lodging
- 9 Phoenix/Tucson Airport Shuttles
- 10 September Long Weekend in SW Colorado
- 11 Hana hotels in August
- 12 Where to eat in & around San Diego
- 13 Student-budget trip to NewYorkCity HELP please
- 14 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 15 Taxi from LGA to midtown, best route
- 16 Hanging Lake Hike (CO) with Kids?
- 17 Old Town Alexandria Restaurants?
- 18 Drive from San Francisco to Seattle
- 19 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 20 from Moab to Bryce
- 21 Vegas in mid may
- 22 Broadway show suggestions April 22 or 23
- 23 Friendship, fiddling, and freezing in Boston
- 24 Chicago to New England Road trip
- 25 Disappointed with Budget Car Rental Las Vegas