Hi all ,
I'll be flying into KC on 7/4 and out of KC on 7/14. Taking a road trip in between.
We are from Long Island; been to many parts of the country, East and West, but, except for Chicago, never been to the plains or great lakes states.
I had previously posted, that the goal of my road trip was to see as many states as possible. That's my wife's thing.
Now, my trip has been cut to 10 days, and my focus has changed to try to see as many interesting things as possible including cities and beautiful country side.
So now I'm thinking we'll spend a couple of days in KC, possibly hit Madison, WI or Milwaukee, then a couple of days in Minneapolis.
The next part I need help on , is to drive north somewhere, to see the beautiful northern mid west. I'm not sure if I should do Northern Minn., Wisconsin, or Michigan, or a little of each.
I guess I'll have 3 or 4 days for that part of the trip.
Any recommendations? What parts of the Northern Mid West are most scenic?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Gotta Go To Stanford U Medical Center
- 2 Limited time on Maui: Advice please
- 3 Southwest charging USD15/ for early bird check in
- 4 Zion NP & Las Vegas with Kids for 3 days in July - Please Help
- 5 ONE WAY car rental from NYC to BOS
- 6 San Francisco - Best place to see street art
- 7 Travel suggestions from Mystic, CT to Bar Harbor, Maine
- 8 Road trip from Boston to Florida
- 9 60th birthday trip to Vermont, NH, Maine in October
- 10 Black Hills, Mount Rushmore, Badlands Trip Report
- 11 Driving from San Francisco Airport to San Rafael
- 12 Newark to Paris
- 13 Phone SIM
- 14 A June trip to Kauai
- 15 Sacramento to South Lake Tahoe to Riverside, CA
- 16 Do you have suggestions on my first roadtrip South-West USA?
- 17 ONE DY ONE NIGHT IN LA
- 18 Avoiding Los Angeles Traffic
- 19 Need Advice For Trip with 16year old son-
- 20 Trip Idea for Thanksgiving Break
- 21 Transit Advisory July 4, 2016 Local Transit will be on a hoilday schedule
- 22 Napa Valley Hotel
- 23 October Fall Foliage Itinerary
- 24 The city never sleeps, but we needed to
- 25 Southern Michigan vacation destination?
Hi all ,