Hi all ,
I'll be flying into KC on 7/4 and out of KC on 7/14. Taking a road trip in between.
We are from Long Island; been to many parts of the country, East and West, but, except for Chicago, never been to the plains or great lakes states.
I had previously posted, that the goal of my road trip was to see as many states as possible. That's my wife's thing.
Now, my trip has been cut to 10 days, and my focus has changed to try to see as many interesting things as possible including cities and beautiful country side.
So now I'm thinking we'll spend a couple of days in KC, possibly hit Madison, WI or Milwaukee, then a couple of days in Minneapolis.
The next part I need help on , is to drive north somewhere, to see the beautiful northern mid west. I'm not sure if I should do Northern Minn., Wisconsin, or Michigan, or a little of each.
I guess I'll have 3 or 4 days for that part of the trip.
Any recommendations? What parts of the Northern Mid West are most scenic?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Florida Family vacation in California
- 2 Miami and New Orleans
- 3 Louisville in December
- 4 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 5 Transportation Newark/High Line and Penn Station/Newark
- 6 6 days in Boston - review itinerary & other recs needed
- 7 San Francisco California
- 8 Restaurant near Dana on the bay San Diego
- 9 Other places like Chautauqua Institution
- 10 Grocery Shopping in Maui - is Costco worth the stop?
- 11 United Nations tours
- 12 The Big Island, Kauai, and Maui: A Songdoc Trip Report
- 13 September Road Trip in New England
- 14 Need help: itinerary from Kansas City to Yellowstone and back
- 15 Kayaking at Old Forge, NY
- 16 NYC with 8 yr old
- 17 Restaurants in Sanibel/Captiva
- 18 Road trip NYC to Dallas
- 19 Yosemite and Sequoia
- 20 Disneyland Hotel vs. Grand Californian for first time Disneyland visit
- 21 TR: Washington and Gettysburg in 4 Nights
- 22 Western Trip - CO, Utah, NV
- 23 Driving route: Monument Valley to Moab on hot day
- 24 Looking for suggestions for Washington state weekend getaways
- 25 Rail from New York to Washington, D.C.
Hi all ,