I'd like to get some advice/opinions on a last-minute road trip we're planning. Basically, we have from July 23-July 28 to circle around Northern California. We're interested in seeing Lassen National Park, Redwood National Park, Avenue of Giants, Headwaters Forest Reserve. So, that said:
1) Are these good choices or are there better ways to spend our time?
2) What could we skip or switch out in the name of a more relaxed, but still satisfying, trip schedule?
3) We're big day hikers, so we'd like the destinations to be hike-worthy (as much as possible).
4) What are some good budget accommodations around these areas?
5) We've already been to Wine Country and Lake Tahoe a bunch--we're looking for new places to explore!
Thank you for your expertise!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Actinic Keratosis Natural Herbal Treatment
- 2 Actinic Keratosis Herbal Treatment
- 3 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 4 Quick Trip to D.C. In April
- 5 Where to watch Oscars in Palm Springs
- 6 Arches Devils Garden
- 7 Glacier, Yellowstone, Teton - Car Rental?
- 8 Folly, Surfside, Carolina or Wrightsville Beach?
- 9 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 10 RV camping near Yosemite NP
- 11 Santa Fe Itineray
- 12 Big Sure in June
- 13 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 14 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 15 best health clubs with lap pools
- 16 Where to stay 3 nights to see Yosemite from Death Valley?
- 17 Retiring to Tucson
- 18 universal studios and disney
- 19 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 20 Spring Break @ Big Bend
- 21 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 22 Steelhead fishing in Kenai Alaska
- 23 Travel options between Las Vegas and Grand Canyon South Rim
- 24 Savannah hotel
- 25 Utah National Parks visit