I'd like to get some advice/opinions on a last-minute road trip we're planning. Basically, we have from July 23-July 28 to circle around Northern California. We're interested in seeing Lassen National Park, Redwood National Park, Avenue of Giants, Headwaters Forest Reserve. So, that said:
1) Are these good choices or are there better ways to spend our time?
2) What could we skip or switch out in the name of a more relaxed, but still satisfying, trip schedule?
3) We're big day hikers, so we'd like the destinations to be hike-worthy (as much as possible).
4) What are some good budget accommodations around these areas?
5) We've already been to Wine Country and Lake Tahoe a bunch--we're looking for new places to explore!
Thank you for your expertise!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Carmel to Big Sur Station and back report with photos 6/10/2017
- 2 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 3 Blue Ridge Mountains Skyline Drive
- 4 Maine Lobster Rolls
- 5 Mnnpls--what to do, culture and food
- 6 San Francisco, Yosemite, Carmel
- 7 Day hikes in Yosemite for family of 4 (2 teens)
- 8 Maine trip report -- Rockland, Camden, Rockport, Owl's Head, Wiscasset
- 9 1st trip to Maine Need feedback and advice
- 10 1 week NE Fall trip (ME, VT, NY..)
- 11 Transit Advisory for July 4, 2017
- 12 Miane Lobster Rolls
- 13 Dining & Things to Do - North Bennington
- 14 transportation from JFK to Newark airport 1 way
- 15 Best way from Niagara Falls to Washington DC
- 16 Restaurant Recs in Boston
- 17 Yosemite This Weekend
- 18 Where to stay in Boston?
- 19 Help with 6-7 Day Itinerary to Alaska (Early August)
- 20 Road Trip to ND, SD, Nebraska, and Iowas
- 21 Best Vegas hotel with 12 & 15 year olds
- 22 Where to take mom for 70th birthday?
- 23 Child safe Hawaii beaches in late October
- 24 Honeymoon from Chicago to picture rocks
- 25 Driving from San Fran to Seattle