I'd like to get some advice/opinions on a last-minute road trip we're planning. Basically, we have from July 23-July 28 to circle around Northern California. We're interested in seeing Lassen National Park, Redwood National Park, Avenue of Giants, Headwaters Forest Reserve. So, that said:
1) Are these good choices or are there better ways to spend our time?
2) What could we skip or switch out in the name of a more relaxed, but still satisfying, trip schedule?
3) We're big day hikers, so we'd like the destinations to be hike-worthy (as much as possible).
4) What are some good budget accommodations around these areas?
5) We've already been to Wine Country and Lake Tahoe a bunch--we're looking for new places to explore!
Thank you for your expertise!
Northern California Road Trip Itinerary
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Las Vegas to Los Angeles via Death Valley
- 2 San Diego/Los Angeles Trip with Teens
- 3 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 4 traveling Amtrak cross country
- 5 Alaska cruise and land
- 6 Little Bighorn Battlefield & Yellowstone
- 7 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 8 Grand Circle Itinerary Utah
- 9 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon
- 10 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas trip report
- 11 NYC taxi vs car service
- 12 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 13 rain in Kauai
- 14 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 15 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 16 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 17 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 18 WISCONSIN
- 19 Wedding in Hawaii
- 20 Charleston, SC Beaches
- 21 Christmas cruise in Hawaii
- 22 Shuttle Recommendations - Penn Station to JFK
- 23 Cabins less than one hour Rabun County Georgia in NC
- 24 Yellowstone and Grand Tetons Sept - Itinerary/Lodging Decisions
- 25 San Fransisco to LA