I'd like to get some advice/opinions on a last-minute road trip we're planning. Basically, we have from July 23-July 28 to circle around Northern California. We're interested in seeing Lassen National Park, Redwood National Park, Avenue of Giants, Headwaters Forest Reserve. So, that said:
1) Are these good choices or are there better ways to spend our time?
2) What could we skip or switch out in the name of a more relaxed, but still satisfying, trip schedule?
3) We're big day hikers, so we'd like the destinations to be hike-worthy (as much as possible).
4) What are some good budget accommodations around these areas?
5) We've already been to Wine Country and Lake Tahoe a bunch--we're looking for new places to explore!
Thank you for your expertise!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Helpp JKF to lyndhurst NJ
- 2 Want to relocate out of Houston and maybe Texas. To NC or TN
- 3 Attending a wedding on Nantucket !
- 4 while helping you get the wonderful grin
- 5 Relocation Decision- Charlotte NC, Charleston, SC or Houston Texas
- 6 http://www.healthyapplechat.com/x-alpha-muscle-reviews/
- 7 How many days for Martha's Vineyard? And Cape Cod in general
- 8 San Francisco through Colorado Rockies
- 9 Recommendation: Beachfront in VA or MD walking distance to quaint downtown
- 10 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 11 Visiting Oregon - Portland to Crater Lake
- 12 Yellowstone and Tetons in July 2016
- 13 Thinking of moving FROM Pittsburgh TO Seattle
- 14 Aussie family heading to the US for the first time
- 15 Lake Tahoe hotel with a lake view
- 16 Los Angeles Indefinitely
- 17 September trip Portland/Seattle
- 18 Road trip: Boston to Salt Lake City
- 19 Help Planning Zion/Bryce Itinerary
- 20 Boston waterfront Italian
- 21 Last minute Maine/New Hampshire trip
- 22 where to stop on the way from Montreal to Acadia
- 23 Kids Vacation Place
- 24 Another Key West Trip Report, July 3 - 9, 2016
- 25 Napa valley getaway