I'd like to get some advice/opinions on a last-minute road trip we're planning. Basically, we have from July 23-July 28 to circle around Northern California. We're interested in seeing Lassen National Park, Redwood National Park, Avenue of Giants, Headwaters Forest Reserve. So, that said:
1) Are these good choices or are there better ways to spend our time?
2) What could we skip or switch out in the name of a more relaxed, but still satisfying, trip schedule?
3) We're big day hikers, so we'd like the destinations to be hike-worthy (as much as possible).
4) What are some good budget accommodations around these areas?
5) We've already been to Wine Country and Lake Tahoe a bunch--we're looking for new places to explore!
Thank you for your expertise!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Charleston Itinerary Feedback Please
- 2 Badlands - Mt. Rushmore -- central place to stay for a few days?
- 3 Arches or Zion?
- 4 Restaurant Recommendations for Queens/Brooklyn/Williamsburgl
- 5 Driving through Chicago area to Wisconsin
- 6 The Lincoln Highway, abridged: Nikki's road trip
- 7 Dallas airport to bush library
- 8 (Healing?) Retreat in Sedona, Az?
- 9 Yellowstone National Park in 5 days - NEED HELP
- 10 First Time to Seattle-Portland-Willamette Valley
- 11 Self parking hotel in Philly
- 12 Pu'uhonua O Honaunau National Historical Park - Hawaii
- 13 Going from Friday Harbor, San Juan Island to Lake Crescent
- 14 Trip Report - Quick Trip to Hyannis - August 2017
- 15 wyoming, south dakota trip
- 16 Providence RI Waterfire
- 17 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 18 Restaurant recommendations in falmouth/mashpee, ma area
- 19 good restaurant near Nawiliwili port, Kauai
- 20 Charlottesville & NC BBQ Trip Report
- 21 New England Foliage Peeping Trip - Oct 4 to 8th
- 22 Orlando Baggage Storage
- 23 how much time to visit pedestal at Statue of Liberty
- 24 Looking to move from North Carolina to Colorado
- 25 Richmond Virginia And Poe