I'd like to get some advice/opinions on a last-minute road trip we're planning. Basically, we have from July 23-July 28 to circle around Northern California. We're interested in seeing Lassen National Park, Redwood National Park, Avenue of Giants, Headwaters Forest Reserve. So, that said:
1) Are these good choices or are there better ways to spend our time?
2) What could we skip or switch out in the name of a more relaxed, but still satisfying, trip schedule?
3) We're big day hikers, so we'd like the destinations to be hike-worthy (as much as possible).
4) What are some good budget accommodations around these areas?
5) We've already been to Wine Country and Lake Tahoe a bunch--we're looking for new places to explore!
Thank you for your expertise!
Northern California Road Trip Itinerary
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 August 2015 Western Roadtrip Route? 30 days...Two 22-year-old Girls
- 2 Best Destination in USA
- 3 Need help planning weekend trips: Georgia, Chicago, Tennessee, Alaska?!
- 4 Nashville - Weekend Trip
- 5 Please help identify location in Southern California
- 6 Dinner stop between Boston and Bradley Airport in CT (Windsor)
- 7 NYT article on exploring Los Angeles without a car
- 8 x mas
- 9 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 10 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 11 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 12 Last Minute NYE Trip to DC - Fancy Tea? Other special ideas...Wanted
- 13 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 14 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 15 US 101 closed N of Florence
- 16 FLORIDA CONDO--seeking general advice
- 17 Deep South roadtrip, 3 weeks, 2 more Brits needing your help!
- 18 Help with seeing Rocky Mountain National Park
- 19 Grand Tetons, Yellowstone and Banff in May or early Sept.?
- 20 Choosing best Seats Radio City
- 21 New Orleans help please
- 22 Better cooking store in Seattle
- 23 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 24 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 25 los angeles restaurants