I'd like to get some advice/opinions on a last-minute road trip we're planning. Basically, we have from July 23-July 28 to circle around Northern California. We're interested in seeing Lassen National Park, Redwood National Park, Avenue of Giants, Headwaters Forest Reserve. So, that said:
1) Are these good choices or are there better ways to spend our time?
2) What could we skip or switch out in the name of a more relaxed, but still satisfying, trip schedule?
3) We're big day hikers, so we'd like the destinations to be hike-worthy (as much as possible).
4) What are some good budget accommodations around these areas?
5) We've already been to Wine Country and Lake Tahoe a bunch--we're looking for new places to explore!
Thank you for your expertise!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 East Coast Road Trip - What maps to use?
- 2 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 3 Cross country road trip to the east coast- here we go...
- 4 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 5 Chinese restaurants in D.C.?
- 6 4 Days in Mass.
- 7 Christmas Day in NYC?
- 8 Washington visit...perhaps relocate
- 9 Spokane to Glacier NP
- 10 Smoky Mountains -Cades Cove saw wolf.
- 11 Hawaii with older parents
- 12 Big Sur evacuated due to Soberanes fire August 7, 2016
- 13 Uber availability on Long Island
- 14 Fort Myers Area
- 15 Road Trip from Portland to San Francisco
- 16 Drive tour Portland to San Francisco
- 17 9 days Zion/Bryce from Vegas
- 18 Requesting info about location of Hertz rental counter at airport in Kauai
- 19 One night one day in dallas accommodation
- 20 Escrunchy's can you pls recommend a guide for Charleston
- 21 yk's Family Trip to the Berkshires, 2016
- 22 Suggestions Buffalo NY
- 23 Opinions: key west accommodation
- 24 Fall in Ozarks
- 25 Spring Break trip to National Park