I'd like to get some advice/opinions on a last-minute road trip we're planning. Basically, we have from July 23-July 28 to circle around Northern California. We're interested in seeing Lassen National Park, Redwood National Park, Avenue of Giants, Headwaters Forest Reserve. So, that said:
1) Are these good choices or are there better ways to spend our time?
2) What could we skip or switch out in the name of a more relaxed, but still satisfying, trip schedule?
3) We're big day hikers, so we'd like the destinations to be hike-worthy (as much as possible).
4) What are some good budget accommodations around these areas?
5) We've already been to Wine Country and Lake Tahoe a bunch--we're looking for new places to explore!
Thank you for your expertise!
Northern California Road Trip Itinerary
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Colorado aspen updates
- 2 N California trip questions
- 3 St Augustine Hotels, what area?
- 4 Fall color yet?
- 5 Halloween in California on Hwy 1
- 6 Need Bryce Canyon Advice
- 7 Zion NP - Grand Canyon North Rim - Las Vegas
- 8 Carmel by the sea to Las Vegas by road
- 9 FIRST TIME ARIZONA WITH KIDS! HELP PLEASE!
- 10 Sequoia and King's Canyon NP Lodging options
- 11 New England Skiing
- 12 advice please.. family of 8 trip to california in august
- 13 Megabus, Tripper, or Boltbus from Wash DC to NYC. Which one is better?
- 14 Salem public transportation- how early or late??
- 15 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please
- 16 Rittenhouse restaurants?
- 17 Activities in Maui and Kauai.....Please Help!
- 18 Steakhouse Suggestion in Boston Please
- 19 New York City with 3 teens!! Need help!!!
- 20 Charleston, SC transportation to HD from Airport
- 21 ABQ Balloon Fiesta - What to do in the down time?
- 22 Chicago - Midway airport to downtown
- 23 Looking for Next Destination
- 24 Yosemite Lodging
- 25 Worst Restaurants in America