I'd like to get some advice/opinions on a last-minute road trip we're planning. Basically, we have from July 23-July 28 to circle around Northern California. We're interested in seeing Lassen National Park, Redwood National Park, Avenue of Giants, Headwaters Forest Reserve. So, that said:
1) Are these good choices or are there better ways to spend our time?
2) What could we skip or switch out in the name of a more relaxed, but still satisfying, trip schedule?
3) We're big day hikers, so we'd like the destinations to be hike-worthy (as much as possible).
4) What are some good budget accommodations around these areas?
5) We've already been to Wine Country and Lake Tahoe a bunch--we're looking for new places to explore!
Thank you for your expertise!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 brother printer 1:800:681:7208 TEch SuppOrt PhOne NumBer
- 2 Universal Studios vacation
- 3 Help! 2nd half of trip...From GTNP, 11 days before flying out of Denver.
- 4 road trip from NC to Maine in Sept.
- 5 Photos from Glacier National Park October 2016
- 6 Boston architecture, decorative arts, & food
- 7 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 8 Rules of the NY Subway
- 9 Boston area hotels
- 10 Amtrak California Zephyr and Yosemite waterfalls
- 11 Epic Journey East coast and back
- 12 11 day PNW coast-Olympic-Portland-Glacier
- 13 A pleasant day on the road in Oregon?
- 14 Mt Rushmore/Grand Tetons/JacksonHole/Yellowstone Adventure
- 15 Confused about Yellowstone trip
- 16 11 Day Road Trip/Backpacking Trip to Utah's NPs, Looking for Suggestions.
- 17 Fabulous resort for girls' getaway?
- 18 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 19 More lodging in Oregon for eclipse
- 20 Food Festival Tour
- 21 Seatte to San Fran - 3 Teenagers
- 22 California Coast Highway 1 from SF to LA Closed?
- 23 Road Trip Bucks County PA to In the Dells Wisconsin
- 24 Dividing time in Glacier
- 25 My travels to Monument Valley