I'd like to get some advice/opinions on a last-minute road trip we're planning. Basically, we have from July 23-July 28 to circle around Northern California. We're interested in seeing Lassen National Park, Redwood National Park, Avenue of Giants, Headwaters Forest Reserve. So, that said:
1) Are these good choices or are there better ways to spend our time?
2) What could we skip or switch out in the name of a more relaxed, but still satisfying, trip schedule?
3) We're big day hikers, so we'd like the destinations to be hike-worthy (as much as possible).
4) What are some good budget accommodations around these areas?
5) We've already been to Wine Country and Lake Tahoe a bunch--we're looking for new places to explore!
Thank you for your expertise!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NC large cabin rental - Thanksgiving
- 2 Should we skip Yosemite?
- 3 Ashland, Wisconsin
- 4 New Orleans Best Guided Tours
- 5 3 weeks No Cal and OR coast trip advise
- 6 AC Hotels cheap by clean
- 7 Itinerary Advice for SLC - Moab - Zion
- 8 11 days SE coast road trip
- 9 Deep South sept 2015
- 10 Do you travel with your US passport if just traveling in the US?
- 11 My Topic TitlePalm Springs at the Last MInute, Help Please!
- 12 Highway 1 motels
- 13 San Diego Clothing Help (woman)
- 14 Need a short term apartment in BOSTON
- 15 Car Hire Alamo
- 16 Telluride Parking - Cheaper Options
- 17 International student, applying for school
- 18 The Big Island, Kauai, and Maui: A Songdoc Trip Report
- 19 Seattle - newby questions
- 20 Glacier National Park, should we cancel our plans?
- 21 Roadtrip in the South. Help on when to go!
- 22 Mackinac or Holland?
- 23 Alabama vs. Florida Beaches
- 24 Best beach to try surfing around Monterey/Santa Cruz?
- 25 Photographers Need Maine Driving Itinerary from Fairfield County, CT