I'd like to get some advice/opinions on a last-minute road trip we're planning. Basically, we have from July 23-July 28 to circle around Northern California. We're interested in seeing Lassen National Park, Redwood National Park, Avenue of Giants, Headwaters Forest Reserve. So, that said:
1) Are these good choices or are there better ways to spend our time?
2) What could we skip or switch out in the name of a more relaxed, but still satisfying, trip schedule?
3) We're big day hikers, so we'd like the destinations to be hike-worthy (as much as possible).
4) What are some good budget accommodations around these areas?
5) We've already been to Wine Country and Lake Tahoe a bunch--we're looking for new places to explore!
Thank you for your expertise!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Boston Airport Hotels
- 2 State capitol buildings -- a two-thirds through ranking
- 3 New England Road Trip Itinerary
- 4 JFK terminal 4 to terminal 8, can we make it?
- 5 Colorado Itinerary
- 6 Best Hilton location/hotel in New York
- 7 Frederick, MD, with dog and teen daughter
- 8 What is there to do on MAUI
- 9 Huntington Beach to Yosemite
- 10 Best place to live in the USA for doctors
- 11 Grand Teton National Park Review
- 12 7 day Road Trip from Boise, ID
- 13 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170123104914
- 14 Snow for next Christmas within a day's drive from Florida
- 15 Any Sanibel experts?
- 16 Accomodations in GNP and beyond
- 17 Naples/ Fort Myers
- 18 10-14 daycar fr. Monterey, CA to Jackson WY. Help - towns / Nat'l Parks
- 19 Uber boston
- 20 Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- 21 Hawaii Help
- 22 Summer in Michigan
- 23 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170123104909
- 24 Traveling to CO, worried about altitude sickness!
- 25 NYC 30th birhday ideas