I'd like to get some advice/opinions on a last-minute road trip we're planning. Basically, we have from July 23-July 28 to circle around Northern California. We're interested in seeing Lassen National Park, Redwood National Park, Avenue of Giants, Headwaters Forest Reserve. So, that said:
1) Are these good choices or are there better ways to spend our time?
2) What could we skip or switch out in the name of a more relaxed, but still satisfying, trip schedule?
3) We're big day hikers, so we'd like the destinations to be hike-worthy (as much as possible).
4) What are some good budget accommodations around these areas?
5) We've already been to Wine Country and Lake Tahoe a bunch--we're looking for new places to explore!
Thank you for your expertise!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Los Angeles for Christmas
- 2 PNW & its grudge against the bumbershoot
- 3 JFK to Washington
- 4 Where to live in the North East
- 5 LA Cali for 3 days alone, What To Do?
- 6 Tucson: milestone Birthday Dinner, winter
- 7 Phoenix for the weekend
- 8 MIDTOWN EAST TO JFK....VIA, UBER, OR YELLOW CAB?
- 9 Winter hiking in Colorado
- 10 Mardi Gras - avoid or embrace?
- 11 Philadelphia travel ideas
- 12 Girls Trip to Chicago
- 13 Hotel to stay in Queens
- 14 Christmas in Colorado
- 15 San Francisco - Stu Dudley's Recommendations
- 16 Restaurants - Nashville & Memphis
- 17 Williamsburg, VA reunion for 80 year olds
- 18 I Hiked the Grand Canyon Down & Up in One Day!
- 19 Arches NP - Last Week of March or other place
- 20 Girls weekend Fl destination with no hurrucan damage in Feb?
- 21 Boston Custom House timeshare
- 22 4 days in San Francisco
- 23 Black Sand Basin - Yellowstone National Park
- 24 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 25 San Fransisco to Portland