We are from San Francisco and doing an 8 day canoe trip out of Ely in August. The last time we did this we had to drive straight back to MSP to leave early the next morning. This year we have a little extra time and would like to drive from Ely along the north shore and spend the night. We would like to stay between Silver Bay and Duluth in some place with some character. We don't have time to go to Grand Marais and the closer we get toward Two Harbors the less we will need to drive the next day to MSP for a 4 pm flight. One complication is that our one night is a Saturday and I suspect places may have a 2 night minimum. We are not big B&B fans but prefer cabins or lodge type places. Thanks for any help!
North Shore MN - advice needed for lodging post Boundary Waters canoe trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 2 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 3 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 4 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 5 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 6 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 7 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 8 Book ahead for weekends this spring in Asheville, NC
- 9 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 10 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014
- 11 Albuquerque Recommendations
- 12 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 13 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 14 San Diego Itinerary-- Suggestions???
- 15 Kennedy Space Center
- 16 Jersey City Parking
- 17 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 18 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 19 Audio Driving Tour Big Island and Oahu
- 20 Asheville NC without a car
- 21 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 22 Myrtle Beach
- 23 9 Day Trip to Yosemite, Oregon and Washington State
- 24 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 25 Colorado in the summer!