We are from San Francisco and doing an 8 day canoe trip out of Ely in August. The last time we did this we had to drive straight back to MSP to leave early the next morning. This year we have a little extra time and would like to drive from Ely along the north shore and spend the night. We would like to stay between Silver Bay and Duluth in some place with some character. We don't have time to go to Grand Marais and the closer we get toward Two Harbors the less we will need to drive the next day to MSP for a 4 pm flight. One complication is that our one night is a Saturday and I suspect places may have a 2 night minimum. We are not big B&B fans but prefer cabins or lodge type places. Thanks for any help!
North Shore MN - advice needed for lodging post Boundary Waters canoe trip
- 1 Need inexpensive trip: Northeastern Arkansas or Amarillo/Palo Duro Canyon?
- 2 stay near newark or nyc
- 3 Buy now or wait . . . airfare to Santa Barbara in late July?
- 4 ETHNIC RESTAURANTS IN DC W/ ETHNIC ENTERTAINMENT
- 5 Traveling the upper west coast into vancouver
- 6 Looking for "cheap and cheerful" hotel in Miami!
- 7 Pick up north of Boston Logan
- 8 Carmel, California where to stay??
- 9 Which boat tour to take in New York with kids in June?
- 10 Sonoma CA Accommodations
- 11 San Franciso to Vancouver
- 12 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 13 Maine - July 5th to July 14
- 14 Minneapolis Hotel
- 15 Place for lunch in Philly?
- 16 Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park opens today
- 17 South Tahoe around July 4 - GTG?
- 18 Driving from Seattle to San Fran
- 19 Washington Wineries
- 20 MERIDIAN HILL PARK DRUM CIRCLE
- 21 Charleston, Savannah and more cheesy grits please
- 22 Road trip Sacramento to Denver, help requested
- 23 Seward to Anchorage
- 24 California, Northern
- 25 East coast tour - Part2: Phily, Washington, Niagara Falls