We are from San Francisco and doing an 8 day canoe trip out of Ely in August. The last time we did this we had to drive straight back to MSP to leave early the next morning. This year we have a little extra time and would like to drive from Ely along the north shore and spend the night. We would like to stay between Silver Bay and Duluth in some place with some character. We don't have time to go to Grand Marais and the closer we get toward Two Harbors the less we will need to drive the next day to MSP for a 4 pm flight. One complication is that our one night is a Saturday and I suspect places may have a 2 night minimum. We are not big B&B fans but prefer cabins or lodge type places. Thanks for any help!
North Shore MN - advice needed for lodging post Boundary Waters canoe trip
View all United States activity »
- 1 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 2 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 3 Orlando to Salt Lake City route, end of January
- 4 PRIDE OF AMERICA
- 5 Hey drivers, taking my grandmother to San Fran - lil help?!?
- 6 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 7 Madison Square Garden
- 8 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 9 Hotels on Hilo side of the Big Island?
- 10 Got Plans for New Year's Eve? Want to Count Down With a Giant Walleye?
- 11 Moonstruck Patisserie - Hilo ~ wow!!
- 12 Big Island Hawaii - stay in Kona AND Hilo? Also when are school holidays?
- 13 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 14 First timers in Kauai--would love advice/suggestions
- 15 Bowers Museum - Need Restaurant Suggestions Nearby
- 16 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 17 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 18 Im new and need HELP to plan my Rv travel !!
- 19 Has anyone used AirBnB to find lodging?
- 20 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 21 First time to Austin-San Antonio area
- 22 St. Augustine, Florida
- 23 San Antonio
- 24 Maybe a trip to NYC will make my 16 year old think Mom's okay
- 25 hotel near Met NYC