We are from San Francisco and doing an 8 day canoe trip out of Ely in August. The last time we did this we had to drive straight back to MSP to leave early the next morning. This year we have a little extra time and would like to drive from Ely along the north shore and spend the night. We would like to stay between Silver Bay and Duluth in some place with some character. We don't have time to go to Grand Marais and the closer we get toward Two Harbors the less we will need to drive the next day to MSP for a 4 pm flight. One complication is that our one night is a Saturday and I suspect places may have a 2 night minimum. We are not big B&B fans but prefer cabins or lodge type places. Thanks for any help!
North Shore MN - advice needed for lodging post Boundary Waters canoe trip
- 1 Need a bit of help planning a 3 week trip to the US
- 2 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 3 Hawaii- Can't decide which islands to include
- 4 Central Coast of Maine in August
- 5 Middlebury vt quickie
- 6 Road Trip - Las Vegas, NV to Monterey, CA
- 7 Road trip New Jersey to Montana
- 8 Customs & Checked Baggage at O'Hare - coming from Dublin Airport
- 9 Bryce Canyon vs. Yellowsyone
- 10 NYC
- 11 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 12 Finally, seeing the Outer Banks
- 13 NYC to FLA Road Trip..stopovers (I-81) in Virginia and Sea Islands?
- 14 Where to stay Charleston SC
- 15 10 days after cruise - Fort Lauderdale Fly out from LA?????
- 16 Kwaussies road trip, the final chapter!
- 17 First-time to NYC Trip Report as promised!
- 18 Cheap Hotel in NY
- 19 hello guys....
- 20 Chicago: Clark & Lake Street Subway Stop
- 21 Albuquerque to Denver
- 22 Itinerary Ideas for 2nd Trip to NYC ... without kids this time
- 23 New York-Texas Road Trip
- 24 DC Itinerary, June 8-13, suggestions welcome!
- 25 Nashville Hot Fried Chicken