We are from San Francisco and doing an 8 day canoe trip out of Ely in August. The last time we did this we had to drive straight back to MSP to leave early the next morning. This year we have a little extra time and would like to drive from Ely along the north shore and spend the night. We would like to stay between Silver Bay and Duluth in some place with some character. We don't have time to go to Grand Marais and the closer we get toward Two Harbors the less we will need to drive the next day to MSP for a 4 pm flight. One complication is that our one night is a Saturday and I suspect places may have a 2 night minimum. We are not big B&B fans but prefer cabins or lodge type places. Thanks for any help!
North Shore MN - advice needed for lodging post Boundary Waters canoe trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Francisco this sunday - photo ops, places to go by car?
- 2 Big Sur?
- 3 Backpacking in April
- 4 Upstate New York/Upper Hudson River Valley Weekend
- 5 NYC play advice needed
- 6 San Diego/Los Angeles Trip with Teens
- 7 Vegas-Show Recommendations
- 8 Driving along Pacific Coast at Night
- 9 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 10 Family road trip Boise -> Grand Canyon. Need suggestions for side trips
- 11 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 12 NYC Theatre Seating Opinions: Waiting for Godot
- 13 Yellowstone trip planning help
- 14 Teton & Yellowstone: Scratching the Surface
- 15 Waianae in 2014?
- 16 Palm Springs-Looking for Great Swimming Pool
- 17 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 18 NOLA trip report Feb 1-8
- 19 Vacation for teens?
- 20 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 21 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 22 After New Orleans, now where? ideas for 4 days to spare after N.O.?
- 23 Road Trip: U pick 'em - FLA to Yellowstone or FLA to Maine?
- 24 Hudson Valley vs Berkshires - weekend away
- 25 Scenic Drive PhantomCanyon Road - Florissant to Canon City, CO