My family took a vacation for the first time in Charleston, S.C. where we rented a house on the ocean with another family - 11 people total - and had a great time. We walked the beach every morning and the kids swam in the pool every day. We live in New York and instead of flying south, we would like to travel in August and drive to the coast somewhere closer to us. We still want to rent a house on or near the ocean and we've heard that there might be discounted rates if we wait to travel the last week in August - before school starts for us but may have already started for another location. We are thinking RI, NH or southern ME. We do not need a lot of activities, just the ocean and a pool at the house for our pre-teen kids. Hoping to keep the price at $2000 for the week. Please help!
north east beach vacation
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 2 Phoenix restaurants
- 3 5 week in US/Mexico
- 4 Camping at Grand Canyon, Bryce, Zion and Arches
- 5 Helicopter tours from Vegas to Grand Canyon
- 6 10 day trip to California
- 7 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 8 Which NYC subway should I take?
- 9 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 10 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 11 Rafting near Denali
- 12 New York City Restaurants
- 13 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 14 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 15 Oregon to SF - avoid Coastal Route
- 16 Kennedy Space Center
- 17 Week in October in Maine
- 18 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 19 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 20 Downtown Denver restaurant recommendation, please~
- 21 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 22 B-Day Mini adventure
- 23 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 24 Cocoa Beach Restaurant Recommendations near Courtyard Cocoa Beach
- 25 Timeshare Nightmares