My family took a vacation for the first time in Charleston, S.C. where we rented a house on the ocean with another family - 11 people total - and had a great time. We walked the beach every morning and the kids swam in the pool every day. We live in New York and instead of flying south, we would like to travel in August and drive to the coast somewhere closer to us. We still want to rent a house on or near the ocean and we've heard that there might be discounted rates if we wait to travel the last week in August - before school starts for us but may have already started for another location. We are thinking RI, NH or southern ME. We do not need a lot of activities, just the ocean and a pool at the house for our pre-teen kids. Hoping to keep the price at $2000 for the week. Please help!
north east beach vacation
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Will have five days in Savannah
- 2 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 3 Washington/Oregon....trip ideas
- 4 Exploring Los Angeles with Tom (but not maitaitom)
- 5 New England in the fall
- 6 Our perfect day in Key West
- 7 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 8 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 9 Mesa Verde
- 10 Vail or Aspen in summertime?
- 11 Long Beach Aquarium Trip
- 12 Itinerary opinions
- 13 A tour of an Amish Community near Midland MI
- 14 Paved bike path near Bryce Canyon, through Red Canyon
- 15 Help w road trip from Huntington Beach to SF, skipping LA area
- 16 Recommendations for accommodation in San Diego?
- 17 Help on which island(s) for Scuba Divers
- 18 Trip Report - Santa Monica, Dinosaur, Steamboat, and Telluride
- 19 Heading to Maine in September - Where are the moose?
- 20 NYC Clubs for live music
- 21 relocating travel
- 22 Need help with Yellowstone and area starting in SLC
- 23 Seattle Hyatts
- 24 Long Weekend in KY: Bourbon Trail and Mammoth Cave
- 25 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?