My family took a vacation for the first time in Charleston, S.C. where we rented a house on the ocean with another family - 11 people total - and had a great time. We walked the beach every morning and the kids swam in the pool every day. We live in New York and instead of flying south, we would like to travel in August and drive to the coast somewhere closer to us. We still want to rent a house on or near the ocean and we've heard that there might be discounted rates if we wait to travel the last week in August - before school starts for us but may have already started for another location. We are thinking RI, NH or southern ME. We do not need a lot of activities, just the ocean and a pool at the house for our pre-teen kids. Hoping to keep the price at $2000 for the week. Please help!
north east beach vacation
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 2 Arches National Park in a day
- 3 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 4 Looking for Next Destination
- 5 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 6 Broadway this week
- 7 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 8 Union Square area restaurant
- 9 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 10 What to do x5 days after Disneyworld for couple w/no kids.
- 11 DC in Dec-Restaurant ideas near Hilton Mark Alexandria
- 12 Transportation: Clearwater airport to the coast
- 13 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???
- 14 Washington DC in Spring?
- 15 Things to do in and around Westbrook, CT in November 2014
- 16 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 17 Richmond highlights?
- 18 4 week family trip ideas
- 19 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 20 Weekend in NYC
- 21 Accommodations in Floriday keys
- 22 Booked our NYC hotel (thanks!), would like restaurant recommendations!
- 23 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 24 New York, New York...
- 25 Shuttle Service from Newark