My family took a vacation for the first time in Charleston, S.C. where we rented a house on the ocean with another family - 11 people total - and had a great time. We walked the beach every morning and the kids swam in the pool every day. We live in New York and instead of flying south, we would like to travel in August and drive to the coast somewhere closer to us. We still want to rent a house on or near the ocean and we've heard that there might be discounted rates if we wait to travel the last week in August - before school starts for us but may have already started for another location. We are thinking RI, NH or southern ME. We do not need a lot of activities, just the ocean and a pool at the house for our pre-teen kids. Hoping to keep the price at $2000 for the week. Please help!
north east beach vacation
- 1 San Fran, Napa, Palo Alto, Carmel advice
- 2 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 3 First-time to NYC Trip Report as promised!
- 4 San Francisco - one semi-splurge restaurant?
- 5 Curved Sofa
- 6 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 7 Stay between San Francisco and Redwoods?
- 8 Using public transit in San Diego
- 9 1st time in Boston --need advice
- 10 New Orleans trip (plus road trip) Help Pls!
- 11 Memphis Tours
- 12 D.C. in a day
- 13 Ideas for Northern California trip?
- 14 What to do with extra day in Virginia?
- 15 A Visit to Charleston
- 16 Cedar Point Wait Times
- 17 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 18 How far ahead to book Alcatraz?
- 19 San Francisco Anniversary Trip
- 20 NYC Newbie Needs Advice Re JFK Transportation
- 21 Florida to Yellowstone to Mt. Rushmore-Sept 2013
- 22 Luggage stolen from locked rental car in Orlando
- 23 3 Week Roadtrip Starting in Nashville - Where to Go?!
- 24 Best Marriott Hotels in Hawai?
- 25 San FRancisco Apt Location - Comments, pls