My family took a vacation for the first time in Charleston, S.C. where we rented a house on the ocean with another family - 11 people total - and had a great time. We walked the beach every morning and the kids swam in the pool every day. We live in New York and instead of flying south, we would like to travel in August and drive to the coast somewhere closer to us. We still want to rent a house on or near the ocean and we've heard that there might be discounted rates if we wait to travel the last week in August - before school starts for us but may have already started for another location. We are thinking RI, NH or southern ME. We do not need a lot of activities, just the ocean and a pool at the house for our pre-teen kids. Hoping to keep the price at $2000 for the week. Please help!
north east beach vacation
View all United States activity »
- 1 How much would it cost to have dental implants done in India?
- 2 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 3 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 4 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 5 How to safely transport a newborn baby in downtown Chicago without your own car?
- 6 Long Weekend in KY: Bourbon Trail and Mammoth Cave
- 7 Oahu Information
- 8 Disney Florida - Which parks to go for 1.5 days?
- 9 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 10 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 11 Wailea Maui Restaurants
- 12 Traveling the U.S. by car for a long time!
- 13 Group Tahoe Ski/Snowboard Feb Trip Planning, help!
- 14 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 15 Savanah Sojourn
- 16 One day in Washington DC
- 17 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 18 Special Chrstmas Tree
- 19 Staying at the Omni in downtown austin. Anywhere to park cheaper?
- 20 South Florida luxury hotels with a 5 year old
- 21 Help! Travel plans to USA West Coast
- 22 RIP Judy Rogers
- 23 Fun restaurants in New Orleans
- 24 Road trip across the USA - looking for suggestions.
- 25 Boston area