I'm planning a family reunion of about 13 adults and 7 kids somewhere in the outer banks area in mid to late June. I am from DC and most people will be flying into DC for a couple of days first so ideally we don't want the drive to get more than 5-7 hours. I have only been to Duck, NC once about 7 years ago. I thought it was fine, nothing great, although the beach was nice. It had a little bit too much of a standard American touristy feel to it, not a lot of charm. We are looking for an area with nice kid-friendly beaches but not too crowded. Would Corolla be a better choice than Duck? I'm also wondering about Okrakoke and Hatteras Island. A little off the beaten track would be ideal although I'm not sure that is possible in the summer in the Outer Banks. Thanks for your help!
North Carolina Outer Banks
- 1 Advice for 2 night intro trip to Moab in early June (1-3)
- 2 Question about Northeast Wisconsin along the lake
- 3 Rafting Snake River early June?
- 4 Staying at the Andaz in West Hollywood with kids.
- 5 Restaurant Recommendations in Salt Lake City Area
- 6 Cedar Point Wait Times
- 7 Nashville Hot Fried Chicken
- 8 Using public transit in San Diego
- 9 Rafting trip on the Snake River (Tetons/Jackson Hole)
- 10 Seward to Anchorage
- 11 Little Rock, Arkansas, Clinton Library
- 12 Iteneray help: Santa Fe-Taos-Durango-Colorado Springs
- 13 Ackislander or others- restaurants in Nantucket in 2013
- 14 State cracking down on vacation rentals?
- 15 Air Bnb Declared Illegal in NYC
- 16 San Francisco,Monterey, Yosemite etc.!
- 17 Boat hotel vacation for a few days in Midwest
- 18 Car trip from Seattle
- 19 New Orleans - Alligator Cheesecake???
- 20 Newport, RI Questions
- 21 Best place to raise a family in Florida
- 22 Kodachrome Basin State Park in Utah
- 23 Savannah restaurants
- 24 WHERE TO STAY FOR PROPOSAL WEEKEND IN FREDRICKSBURG
- 25 Bryce Canyon vs. Yellowsyone