I'm planning a family reunion of about 13 adults and 7 kids somewhere in the outer banks area in mid to late June. I am from DC and most people will be flying into DC for a couple of days first so ideally we don't want the drive to get more than 5-7 hours. I have only been to Duck, NC once about 7 years ago. I thought it was fine, nothing great, although the beach was nice. It had a little bit too much of a standard American touristy feel to it, not a lot of charm. We are looking for an area with nice kid-friendly beaches but not too crowded. Would Corolla be a better choice than Duck? I'm also wondering about Okrakoke and Hatteras Island. A little off the beaten track would be ideal although I'm not sure that is possible in the summer in the Outer Banks. Thanks for your help!
North Carolina Outer Banks
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Resolution New Years Eve 2015
- 2 Escape cold in mid-Feb (4) nights from Michigan
- 3 Road trip next summes...Suggestions ?
- 4 Dining in Manhattan
- 5 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 6 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 7 From Seattle airport to the city
- 8 General Utah planning questions
- 9 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?
- 10 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 11 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 12 Protecting yourself when using VRBO
- 13 Washington and Oregon Fall vacation 2015
- 14 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 15 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 16 New York City Christmas Trip
- 17 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 18 Las Vegas to Grand Canyon, February
- 19 Washington - North cascades trails (Goat Lake and others) okay in winter?
- 20 Colorado Skiing
- 21 American Honeymoon in March
- 22 Craft Beer & Delicious Food in Vegas
- 23 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 24 golf and fishing recommendations in Tampa area
- 25 Recomendations for outlets in miami and hotels in orlando