I'm planning a family reunion of about 13 adults and 7 kids somewhere in the outer banks area in mid to late June. I am from DC and most people will be flying into DC for a couple of days first so ideally we don't want the drive to get more than 5-7 hours. I have only been to Duck, NC once about 7 years ago. I thought it was fine, nothing great, although the beach was nice. It had a little bit too much of a standard American touristy feel to it, not a lot of charm. We are looking for an area with nice kid-friendly beaches but not too crowded. Would Corolla be a better choice than Duck? I'm also wondering about Okrakoke and Hatteras Island. A little off the beaten track would be ideal although I'm not sure that is possible in the summer in the Outer Banks. Thanks for your help!
North Carolina Outer Banks
- 1 Seattle Hotel Choice and Other Questions
- 2 First-time to NYC Trip Report as promised!
- 3 D.C. in a day
- 4 New Orleans trip (plus road trip) Help Pls!
- 5 Luggage stolen from locked rental car in Orlando
- 6 Yellowstone Snow Melt, Roads and Trails - Timing
- 7 San Francisco - one semi-splurge restaurant?
- 8 Finally, seeing the Outer Banks
- 9 Need help with itinerary to Seattle, Oregon, California
- 10 San Fran, Napa, Palo Alto, Carmel advice
- 11 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 12 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 13 Stay between San Francisco and Redwoods?
- 14 Using public transit in San Diego
- 15 1st time in Boston --need advice
- 16 Memphis Tours
- 17 Ideas for Northern California trip?
- 18 What to do with extra day in Virginia?
- 19 A Visit to Charleston
- 20 Cedar Point Wait Times
- 21 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 22 How far ahead to book Alcatraz?
- 23 San Francisco Anniversary Trip
- 24 NYC Newbie Needs Advice Re JFK Transportation
- 25 Florida to Yellowstone to Mt. Rushmore-Sept 2013