I'm planning a family reunion of about 13 adults and 7 kids somewhere in the outer banks area in mid to late June. I am from DC and most people will be flying into DC for a couple of days first so ideally we don't want the drive to get more than 5-7 hours. I have only been to Duck, NC once about 7 years ago. I thought it was fine, nothing great, although the beach was nice. It had a little bit too much of a standard American touristy feel to it, not a lot of charm. We are looking for an area with nice kid-friendly beaches but not too crowded. Would Corolla be a better choice than Duck? I'm also wondering about Okrakoke and Hatteras Island. A little off the beaten track would be ideal although I'm not sure that is possible in the summer in the Outer Banks. Thanks for your help!
North Carolina Outer Banks
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Maui Luau?
- 2 New York city--best time to visit??
- 3 Recomendations for outlets in miami and hotels in orlando
- 4 American Honeymoon in March
- 5 Naples-where to stay on the beach
- 6 Vegetarian Friendly BBQ - Fort Worth or San Antonio?
- 7 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 8 Hotel advice needed near Palo Alto
- 9 California & French Polynesia
- 10 Carmel (and Monterey) weekend with a 4 year old
- 11 Boston Uber shenanigans? Fake airport fees
- 12 General Utah planning questions
- 13 Protecting yourself when using VRBO
- 14 Which hotel - Washington Hilton OR Cambria Suites
- 15 4 week family trip ideas
- 16 Boston area -- nature
- 17 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 18 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 19 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 20 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?
- 21 Metro or cab from Delancey St to Penn Station?
- 22 SFO black friday traffic
- 23 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 24 best place for New Year's in the South?
- 25 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado