I'm planning a family reunion of about 13 adults and 7 kids somewhere in the outer banks area in mid to late June. I am from DC and most people will be flying into DC for a couple of days first so ideally we don't want the drive to get more than 5-7 hours. I have only been to Duck, NC once about 7 years ago. I thought it was fine, nothing great, although the beach was nice. It had a little bit too much of a standard American touristy feel to it, not a lot of charm. We are looking for an area with nice kid-friendly beaches but not too crowded. Would Corolla be a better choice than Duck? I'm also wondering about Okrakoke and Hatteras Island. A little off the beaten track would be ideal although I'm not sure that is possible in the summer in the Outer Banks. Thanks for your help!
North Carolina Outer Banks
View all United States activity »
- 1 Got Plans for New Year's Eve? Want to Count Down With a Giant Walleye?
- 2 Judo in California?
- 3 Hotels on Hilo side of the Big Island?
- 4 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 5 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 6 Orlando to Salt Lake City route, end of January
- 7 Christmas-time in New York City? Special holiday experiences?
- 8 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 9 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 10 PRIDE OF AMERICA
- 11 Hey drivers, taking my grandmother to San Fran - lil help?!?
- 12 Madison Square Garden
- 13 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 14 Moonstruck Patisserie - Hilo ~ wow!!
- 15 Big Island Hawaii - stay in Kona AND Hilo? Also when are school holidays?
- 16 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 17 First timers in Kauai--would love advice/suggestions
- 18 Bowers Museum - Need Restaurant Suggestions Nearby
- 19 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 20 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 21 Im new and need HELP to plan my Rv travel !!
- 22 Has anyone used AirBnB to find lodging?
- 23 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 24 First time to Austin-San Antonio area
- 25 St. Augustine, Florida