I'm planning a family reunion of about 13 adults and 7 kids somewhere in the outer banks area in mid to late June. I am from DC and most people will be flying into DC for a couple of days first so ideally we don't want the drive to get more than 5-7 hours. I have only been to Duck, NC once about 7 years ago. I thought it was fine, nothing great, although the beach was nice. It had a little bit too much of a standard American touristy feel to it, not a lot of charm. We are looking for an area with nice kid-friendly beaches but not too crowded. Would Corolla be a better choice than Duck? I'm also wondering about Okrakoke and Hatteras Island. A little off the beaten track would be ideal although I'm not sure that is possible in the summer in the Outer Banks. Thanks for your help!
North Carolina Outer Banks
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Grand Marais?
- 2 WEST YELLOWSTONE TO GLACIER NP?
- 3 8 day honeymoon around Leavenworth and Seattle
- 4 Acoma vs. Taos Pueblos
- 5 Maine in latter half of September
- 6 Seattle hotels
- 7 Seattle in April
- 8 Seattle Visit April
- 9 Seattle to LA (or not).
- 10 Washington and oregon help with itinerary
- 11 Please help with four days in Boston-Cambridge-Salem
- 12 Coronado Ferry
- 13 Italian cookies in Minneapolis area
- 14 Unique but reasonable restaurants in Las Vegas
- 15 SC/GA/FL Coastal City Questions & Insect Issues
- 16 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 17 Colorado trip
- 18 NY to Asheville then country place to stay
- 19 roast beef dinner in Manhattan
- 20 DC - WW2 flyover
- 21 Colorado trip in early May
- 22 Cape cod and Acadia
- 23 Mukilteo to Whidbey Is. via Deception Pass & a ferry return??
- 24 Sedona - ladies trips- suggestions on where to stay and time of year?
- 25 Florida - Bradenton or Fort Lauderdale