I'm planning a family reunion of about 13 adults and 7 kids somewhere in the outer banks area in mid to late June. I am from DC and most people will be flying into DC for a couple of days first so ideally we don't want the drive to get more than 5-7 hours. I have only been to Duck, NC once about 7 years ago. I thought it was fine, nothing great, although the beach was nice. It had a little bit too much of a standard American touristy feel to it, not a lot of charm. We are looking for an area with nice kid-friendly beaches but not too crowded. Would Corolla be a better choice than Duck? I'm also wondering about Okrakoke and Hatteras Island. A little off the beaten track would be ideal although I'm not sure that is possible in the summer in the Outer Banks. Thanks for your help!
North Carolina Outer Banks
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Buy iPhone 5S gold,PS4,iPad AIR,Galaxy S4,Xperia Z1,BB Q0,Z10
- 2 Best places to move to Florida?
- 3 West Coast Bound End of March
- 4 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 5 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 6 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 7 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 8 Oahu ideas
- 9 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 10 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 11 Key Largo, FL
- 12 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 13 Death Valley in June
- 14 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 15 Rodeo Near Tulsa or Woodward?
- 16 San Diego grocery stores
- 17 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 18 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 19 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 20 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 21 Southern California Dining Guide - 2014/2015
- 22 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 23 Nude Beaches- Positive or Negative Experience?
- 24 Buy GoPro Hero3
- 25 Down to three New York City hotels for December visit