I'm planning a family reunion of about 13 adults and 7 kids somewhere in the outer banks area in mid to late June. I am from DC and most people will be flying into DC for a couple of days first so ideally we don't want the drive to get more than 5-7 hours. I have only been to Duck, NC once about 7 years ago. I thought it was fine, nothing great, although the beach was nice. It had a little bit too much of a standard American touristy feel to it, not a lot of charm. We are looking for an area with nice kid-friendly beaches but not too crowded. Would Corolla be a better choice than Duck? I'm also wondering about Okrakoke and Hatteras Island. A little off the beaten track would be ideal although I'm not sure that is possible in the summer in the Outer Banks. Thanks for your help!
North Carolina Outer Banks
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Advice on a Hamptons Day Trip
- 2 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 3 Chicago Architectural River Tours - which one for us?
- 4 Which NYC subway should I take?
- 5 Rafting in Wisconsin
- 6 Helicopter tours from Vegas to Grand Canyon
- 7 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 8 New York City Subway Fare Payment
- 9 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 10 Cab Cost from McCarren to Venetian Hotel?
- 11 Cocoa Beach Restaurant Recommendations near Courtyard Cocoa Beach
- 12 Hawaii Trip. Paradise Lost (Or At Least Misplaced)
- 13 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 14 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 15 Phoenix restaurants
- 16 5 week in US/Mexico
- 17 Camping at Grand Canyon, Bryce, Zion and Arches
- 18 10 day trip to California
- 19 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 20 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 21 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 22 Rafting near Denali
- 23 New York City Restaurants
- 24 Oregon to SF - avoid Coastal Route
- 25 Kennedy Space Center