So we are travelling at the end of the year and need some critiques on our trip.
We are planning to do as much as possible, as this is probably one of our last overseas visits before house etc. Winter isn't ideal but we still want to make the most of it. Need help from experienced people to tell us if stuff is impossible etc or better ways to do things. Also we haven't really worked out activities at each location yet, or booked our internal USA flights. Looking to do them ASAP as well as accommodation.
Night 1) La, jetlag
2) La, pick up hire car
4)Drive 3hrs, San Diego. Zoo overnight?
5) San Diego. Sea world
6) Drive up coast road, stay somewhere between LA and SF.
7) Finish drive to Yosemite, 4hrs. Yosemite overnight
9) Drive to SF, 4 hrs
11) Drop off hire car. Fly to Seattle. Night in seattle. Pick up hire car
12) Drive up to Whistler, 4hrs. Xmas eve
13) Whistler. Xmas day
16) Drive to Vancouver, 2.5 hrs. Overnight Vancouver.
17) Drive to Seattle, 3hrs. drop hire car. Fly to NY.
19) NY. NYE do what?
24) Fly to Toronto. Pick up hire car. Drive to Niagara
25) Stay Niagara falls
26) Drive to Toronto, drop hire car, Fly to Orlando. Pick up HC, rest day. night in Orlando
27) Orlando. Disney
28) Orlando. Disney
29) Orlando. Universal island of adventure
30) Drive 1.5 hrs, Everglades
31) Drive 3.5 hrs, Miami. Drive to Key West?
33) Drop off hire car. Fly to Las Vegas. Pick up HC
36) Drive 4hrs to Grand canyon/Zion nat. Park
37) GC/ Zion
38) GC/ Zion
39) Drive 5hrs to LA, LA overnight
40) Flight home.
My primary interest is sightseeing, and Photography. Missus is into sightseeing, travelling, little bit of shopping.
Our budget is around 15 – 20k, but we worked it out and might need to stretch to 22k to maintain our 5k spending / activities budget.
Thank you very much,
North America - 4 Corners trip. Experience needed!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 How to get there from here..routing advice, North Rim to Moab
- 2 San Francisco hotel in Fisherman's Wharf or Union Square
- 3 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 4 17 day photo trip report - upstate New York
- 5 Be Vigilant, be safe and alert your community…
- 6 Relatively Inexpensive NYC Hotel?
- 7 Texas
- 8 NYC - Taxi Cost JFK to Upper West Side
- 9 Hotels Philly
- 10 Cross Country RV Trip
- 11 Cleveland Park or the West end for DC family spring break
- 12 Less than a day in Seattle area
- 13 Enjoy Orlando Vacation Homes without Breaking your Budget
- 14 Flying New Orleans-Burlington Vt, which airline? Where should I connect?
- 15 Jason Lapene - Best Visiting place for holidays
- 16 Ackislander
- 17 Petrified national forest, AZ
- 18 Road trip in Arizona/Nevada/Utah - 9 days /end of Feb 15/ 4 adults & 1 baby
- 19 Accommodation in Los Angeles
- 20 The Tides in Laguna Beach
- 21 Northern California in February
- 22 Hoover Dam to Grand Canyon/Valley of Fire/Zion in May 2015
- 23 Business in San diego and then a weeks vacation?
- 24 Can you help my girlfriend and me with our itinerary?
- 25 Need help with San Juan Islands lodging