Best Friend and I are heading to New Orleans for our annual spring break trip. (We had wanted desperately to make Carnival in Venice this year, but as our budgets are still terribly low, we've opted for something closer.) We've never been to NOLA and we're both really excited, but we're also bumbling idiots trying to plan this week of ours at the last minute. So, we're relying on our faithful Fodor community to steer us in the right direction, as you've never steered us wrong. Here's the run down on the trip and what sorts of suggestions we're looking for:
Dates: 7-13 April
Staying at: Pelham Hotel on Common St.
Definite must dos: Preservation Hall, Cafe du Monde, Garden District walking tour
What we're looking for:
1. Restaurant recommendations (especially seafood, Cajun, and/or local)
2. Absolute MUST dos (I love Dixieland jazz, tarot cards, desserts and coffee; she loves French anything, vampires and witch lore [she's a historian] and clothing)
We will possibly rent a car for one or two days, but no more, as we're having an abbreviated trip this time.
As always, merci beaucoup!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Sydney Swans vs Western Bulldogs Live Stream
- 2 Denver/YellowStone /Urgent
- 3 My kingdom for an acai bowl on Hawaii Island
- 4 Nantucket ferry - how badly did I miscalculate?
- 5 Guys Ski Trip in Breckenridge
- 6 Thank God I'm a Mountain Girl
- 7 Florida for a while
- 8 Long Island near Brookhaven
- 9 Yoga Retreats
- 10 Snow in Cloudcroft i March
- 11 Florida apartments/condos?
- 12 Vermont Foliage Drive From Brattleboro
- 13 LA to Carlsbad, 7 days, December
- 14 Quick Acela Questions
- 15 Please help me with directions
- 16 Best way from LaGuardia to Stamford
- 17 Laguardia - god?/bad? Idea
- 18 Renting camper van/ motor home
- 19 Kid Friendly Acivities
- 20 Live theater in the PNW/BC in October?
- 21 8 Days in Colorado - First time
- 22 NYC - 2 days and nights mid week in May
- 23 Parking Downtown St. Louis
- 24 Broadway Banter? Fall 2016 - calling HowardR
- 25 JFK Airport Parking
NOLA for the First Time: Seasoned Travellers Want Some Input