Best Friend and I are heading to New Orleans for our annual spring break trip. (We had wanted desperately to make Carnival in Venice this year, but as our budgets are still terribly low, we've opted for something closer.) We've never been to NOLA and we're both really excited, but we're also bumbling idiots trying to plan this week of ours at the last minute. So, we're relying on our faithful Fodor community to steer us in the right direction, as you've never steered us wrong. Here's the run down on the trip and what sorts of suggestions we're looking for:
Dates: 7-13 April
Staying at: Pelham Hotel on Common St.
Definite must dos: Preservation Hall, Cafe du Monde, Garden District walking tour
What we're looking for:
1. Restaurant recommendations (especially seafood, Cajun, and/or local)
2. Absolute MUST dos (I love Dixieland jazz, tarot cards, desserts and coffee; she loves French anything, vampires and witch lore [she's a historian] and clothing)
We will possibly rent a car for one or two days, but no more, as we're having an abbreviated trip this time.
As always, merci beaucoup!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 2 JFK TO MANHATTEN
- 3 First Trip to New Mexico
- 4 San Diego, mission valley
- 5 Taxi from Honolulu airport to hotels
- 6 San Diego Sunset or La Jolla
- 7 Hamilton - Are There Bad Seats at the Rodgers?
- 8 November redwoods trip
- 9 Pls help keep dolphins happy & healthy
- 10 Chinese restaurants in D.C.?
- 11 Charleston - how long to stay?
- 12 Road Trip/Excursions for a weekend outside of Denver
- 13 Mnnpls--what to do, culture and food
- 14 Are you sick from Alaskan tour?
- 15 Chicago marathon - Leaving hotel to MDW
- 16 MN lake home rental needed
- 17 Cross country road trip to the east coast- here we go...
- 18 Sequoia/Redwoods Large Group Lodging
- 19 Forbes Island Restaurant Question
- 20 blue ridge parkway?
- 21 Esta "Not Authorized to Travel"
- 22 Destination and route guidance needed for Oct trip to New England.
- 23 Spring Break trip to National Park
- 24 EWR to Staten Island 9:50PM
- 25 Wedding gifts?
NOLA for the First Time: Seasoned Travellers Want Some Input