Best Friend and I are heading to New Orleans for our annual spring break trip. (We had wanted desperately to make Carnival in Venice this year, but as our budgets are still terribly low, we've opted for something closer.) We've never been to NOLA and we're both really excited, but we're also bumbling idiots trying to plan this week of ours at the last minute. So, we're relying on our faithful Fodor community to steer us in the right direction, as you've never steered us wrong. Here's the run down on the trip and what sorts of suggestions we're looking for:
Dates: 7-13 April
Staying at: Pelham Hotel on Common St.
Definite must dos: Preservation Hall, Cafe du Monde, Garden District walking tour
What we're looking for:
1. Restaurant recommendations (especially seafood, Cajun, and/or local)
2. Absolute MUST dos (I love Dixieland jazz, tarot cards, desserts and coffee; she loves French anything, vampires and witch lore [she's a historian] and clothing)
We will possibly rent a car for one or two days, but no more, as we're having an abbreviated trip this time.
As always, merci beaucoup!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Zurich airport connections
- 2 Family trip Las Vegas to Zion, Bryce, Page, GC and Sedona?
- 3 Cleveland West Side Market
- 4 Eastern Seaboard
- 5 Heading to Asheville, NC
- 6 Driving from Glacier National Park to Hood River
- 7 Carlsbad Emergency Locksmith | LockTechs
- 8 Looking for advice on my hitchhike trip plan
- 9 Cape Cod summer vacation
- 10 Favorite restaurants in Savannah
- 11 Recent Spam Attacks
- 12 New England Fall Foliage - First Timers
- 13 Five national parks in ten days -- during the government shutdown
- 14 Bryce, Zion, Arches, Canyonlands in one week? In October?
- 15 I95 or I81 to Florida from NJ on Memorial Day Weekend Friday?
- 16 Miami airport--safety??
- 17 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 18 Harmony Thai Massage Houston
- 19 Pacific Grove for 5 or 6 nights
- 20 US whole month of January where to
- 21 Santa Fe, New Mexico looking for a house
- 22 HAWAII- best islands at xmas time
- 23 Is Yosemite worth going too in July?
- 24 Kauai-Planning ahead
- 25 Boston hotel in May - Suburb and using the T-line
NOLA for the First Time: Seasoned Travellers Want Some Input