Best Friend and I are heading to New Orleans for our annual spring break trip. (We had wanted desperately to make Carnival in Venice this year, but as our budgets are still terribly low, we've opted for something closer.) We've never been to NOLA and we're both really excited, but we're also bumbling idiots trying to plan this week of ours at the last minute. So, we're relying on our faithful Fodor community to steer us in the right direction, as you've never steered us wrong. Here's the run down on the trip and what sorts of suggestions we're looking for:
Dates: 7-13 April
Staying at: Pelham Hotel on Common St.
Definite must dos: Preservation Hall, Cafe du Monde, Garden District walking tour
What we're looking for:
1. Restaurant recommendations (especially seafood, Cajun, and/or local)
2. Absolute MUST dos (I love Dixieland jazz, tarot cards, desserts and coffee; she loves French anything, vampires and witch lore [she's a historian] and clothing)
We will possibly rent a car for one or two days, but no more, as we're having an abbreviated trip this time.
As always, merci beaucoup!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 https://livestream.com/accounts/19258681/bayernMunichvsacmilanlivestream
- 2 Trip Report: 2 weeks from SF to Yellowstone and back, June 2016
- 3 Best restaurants?! - first time to NYC!
- 4 Los Angeles Indefinitely
- 5 Napa valley getaway
- 6 CA Fire - need revised itinerary help
- 7 Boston waterfront Italian
- 8 Day in Spokane
- 9 summer vacation
- 10 Kids Vacation Place
- 11 What to pack
- 12 AUGUST---7 day San Fran to San Diego
- 13 Honolulu Hotel Resort Fees
- 14 Road trip from Gulf Coast to Key West
- 15 Aug. cruise wardrobe
- 16 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 17 First time, Best business class?
- 18 Restaurant Recs for Minneapolis
- 19 Planning Rim2Rim Hike at Grand Canyon
- 20 Spa at THE Hotel at Mandalay Bay
- 21 Zion and Bryce in July
- 22 Moving from Fresno CA to highpoint NC
- 23 Itinerary Help Needed
- 24 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 25 SW Colorado/San Juan Skyway ideas?
NOLA for the First Time: Seasoned Travellers Want Some Input