Best Friend and I are heading to New Orleans for our annual spring break trip. (We had wanted desperately to make Carnival in Venice this year, but as our budgets are still terribly low, we've opted for something closer.) We've never been to NOLA and we're both really excited, but we're also bumbling idiots trying to plan this week of ours at the last minute. So, we're relying on our faithful Fodor community to steer us in the right direction, as you've never steered us wrong. Here's the run down on the trip and what sorts of suggestions we're looking for:
Dates: 7-13 April
Staying at: Pelham Hotel on Common St.
Definite must dos: Preservation Hall, Cafe du Monde, Garden District walking tour
What we're looking for:
1. Restaurant recommendations (especially seafood, Cajun, and/or local)
2. Absolute MUST dos (I love Dixieland jazz, tarot cards, desserts and coffee; she loves French anything, vampires and witch lore [she's a historian] and clothing)
We will possibly rent a car for one or two days, but no more, as we're having an abbreviated trip this time.
As always, merci beaucoup!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://www.healthsupplementhub.com/ultavive-garcinia-reviews/
- 2 San Francisco to Seattle in a day (fires in Oregon)
- 3 Dining after show at Sondheim Theatre
- 4 Southern California Sand Dunes - Oceano Dunes
- 5 50th wedding anniversary in Hawaii??
- 6 Please do not call California, 'Cali' or San Francisco, ' Frisco'. .
- 7 Road trip during Winters in Utah-NV
- 8 help me plan a Cali trip
- 9 Kauai: First Trip Help Please
- 10 NYC 9/11 Tour - best options?
- 11 Getting from Seatac airport to downtown Seattle
- 12 10-hour MIA layover ideas?
- 13 Alaska trip rough Itinerary for Sep 2017
- 14 Mesa Verde question
- 15 Planning our Move
- 16 Wilmington DE questions
- 17 Road Trip Travel Advice - 2 Days or 3?
- 18 Great Smoky Mountains trip: Tennessee or North Carolina?
- 19 Inexpensive Restaurants Near Canyonlands and Capitol Reef?
- 20 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 21 Best options for viewing, learning about lava flows on Big Island?
- 22 Need tips for 14 day alaska trip Please help!
- 23 Hawaii at Christmas with older teens
- 24 Sperry chalet destroyed by fire
- 25 Overnight stay along Newburyport/Rockport train line
NOLA for the First Time: Seasoned Travellers Want Some Input