Best Friend and I are heading to New Orleans for our annual spring break trip. (We had wanted desperately to make Carnival in Venice this year, but as our budgets are still terribly low, we've opted for something closer.) We've never been to NOLA and we're both really excited, but we're also bumbling idiots trying to plan this week of ours at the last minute. So, we're relying on our faithful Fodor community to steer us in the right direction, as you've never steered us wrong. Here's the run down on the trip and what sorts of suggestions we're looking for:
Dates: 7-13 April
Staying at: Pelham Hotel on Common St.
Definite must dos: Preservation Hall, Cafe du Monde, Garden District walking tour
What we're looking for:
1. Restaurant recommendations (especially seafood, Cajun, and/or local)
2. Absolute MUST dos (I love Dixieland jazz, tarot cards, desserts and coffee; she loves French anything, vampires and witch lore [she's a historian] and clothing)
We will possibly rent a car for one or two days, but no more, as we're having an abbreviated trip this time.
As always, merci beaucoup!
NOLA for the First Time: Seasoned Travellers Want Some Input
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New York City-New Things?
- 2 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 3 Yes, there are coyotes in Manhattan
- 4 Driving from RI to NB, Best Place to Overnight in Maine?
- 5 scenic route from Estes Park to Salt Lake City
- 6 Lake Tahoe - May Vacation Advice
- 7 Traveling from Vegas to Grand Canyon and Southern Utah
- 8 las vegas cabana reservations
- 9 Connecticut Highway 1. Should we do it?
- 10 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 11 final plans utah/arizona trip
- 12 Navajo Trail in Bryce Canyon -- what to do when Wall Street closed??
- 13 Utah: Zion for sure, Arches or Bryce?
- 14 Unique things to do in PA with a 20 month old! (and some adults too!)
- 15 Alaska Trip Planning
- 16 4 Days in Kauai what to see and do
- 17 new york subway help please
- 18 Boston to see Sargent works
- 19 Pacific Coast Highway from Los Angeles to San Francisco
- 20 Pet-Friendly near I-95 N. Florida/S. Georgia for yappy dogs?
- 21 GTG Boston-Cambridge July 12
- 22 Moving out of states from Florida
- 23 Atlanta to LA
- 24 Colorado Springs to Durango 9 days
- 25 Washington DC to Texas via Jacksonville, FL