Best Friend and I are heading to New Orleans for our annual spring break trip. (We had wanted desperately to make Carnival in Venice this year, but as our budgets are still terribly low, we've opted for something closer.) We've never been to NOLA and we're both really excited, but we're also bumbling idiots trying to plan this week of ours at the last minute. So, we're relying on our faithful Fodor community to steer us in the right direction, as you've never steered us wrong. Here's the run down on the trip and what sorts of suggestions we're looking for:
Dates: 7-13 April
Staying at: Pelham Hotel on Common St.
Definite must dos: Preservation Hall, Cafe du Monde, Garden District walking tour
What we're looking for:
1. Restaurant recommendations (especially seafood, Cajun, and/or local)
2. Absolute MUST dos (I love Dixieland jazz, tarot cards, desserts and coffee; she loves French anything, vampires and witch lore [she's a historian] and clothing)
We will possibly rent a car for one or two days, but no more, as we're having an abbreviated trip this time.
As always, merci beaucoup!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Antivirus/n360 security: NORTON Tec*h support CONTACT 1:800:681:7208
- 2 11 day PNW coast-Olympic-Portland-Glacier
- 3 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 4 road trip from NC to Maine in Sept.
- 5 Living in Tampa /West Palm
- 6 Amtrak California Zephyr and Yosemite waterfalls
- 7 ALASKA TWO WEEK TRIP Cruise/Land
- 8 Asheville to Atlanta 5 nights in between...need advice for the coast
- 9 Portland,Oregon- hotels and good food
- 10 In search of cool beach town in the Carolinas
- 11 10 Day Road Trip in Colorado
- 12 Food Festival Tour
- 13 California Coast Highway 1 from SF to LA Closed?
- 14 Seattle weather: not a troll
- 15 seattle apartment
- 16 Boston area hotels
- 17 Universal Studios vacation
- 18 Help! 2nd half of trip...From GTNP, 11 days before flying out of Denver.
- 19 Photos from Glacier National Park October 2016
- 20 Boston architecture, decorative arts, & food
- 21 Rules of the NY Subway
- 22 Epic Journey East coast and back
- 23 A pleasant day on the road in Oregon?
- 24 Mt Rushmore/Grand Tetons/JacksonHole/Yellowstone Adventure
- 25 Confused about Yellowstone trip
NOLA for the First Time: Seasoned Travellers Want Some Input