We'll be celebrating our 10th anniversary in NOLA the first week in February, first time there for both of us.
I've been having fun reading trip reports and while we don't usually make an exact itinerary, we do go armed with highlighted printouts from Fodors tr's and then see which we feel like doing when.
However, we arrive on Sat. Feb. 1 and the next day, Sun. the 2nd, is our anniversary. Wondering if anyone has any special things to do or places to eat that you'd suggest would be particularly memorable for our anniversary day/eve? Btw this is a second marriage for both of us so although it's a 10th anniversary, we're both in our fifties.
Doesn't have to be, tho' can be, expensive or romantic. For example, we're hoping at some point while there to take a cooking class, and that might be just plain old fun to do on our anniversary if any of the classes are on a Sunday, I haven't looked into that yet.
Thanks in advance for your thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 HAWAII- best islands at xmas time
- 2 Would you go on a trip if you had to use crutches?
- 3 DC Hotel location help
- 4 Restaurant near Whitney Museum
- 5 DC Metro to other sites?
- 6 Cleveland West Side Market
- 7 Harper's Ferry from DC?
- 8 Pacific Grove for 5 or 6 nights
- 9 Cape Cod summer vacation
- 10 road trip from Illinois to NY city, Cape Cod, and Boston
- 11 Rocky Mountain National Park
- 12 New England Fall Foliage - First Timers
- 13 Favorite restaurants in Savannah
- 14 Looking for advice on my hitchhike trip plan
- 15 Miami airport--safety??
- 16 Zurich airport connections
- 17 Heading to Asheville, NC
- 18 Family trip Las Vegas to Zion, Bryce, Page, GC and Sedona?
- 19 Eastern Seaboard
- 20 Driving from Glacier National Park to Hood River
- 21 Recent Spam Attacks
- 22 Five national parks in ten days -- during the government shutdown
- 23 Bryce, Zion, Arches, Canyonlands in one week? In October?
- 24 I95 or I81 to Florida from NJ on Memorial Day Weekend Friday?
- 25 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska