We'll be celebrating our 10th anniversary in NOLA the first week in February, first time there for both of us.
I've been having fun reading trip reports and while we don't usually make an exact itinerary, we do go armed with highlighted printouts from Fodors tr's and then see which we feel like doing when.
However, we arrive on Sat. Feb. 1 and the next day, Sun. the 2nd, is our anniversary. Wondering if anyone has any special things to do or places to eat that you'd suggest would be particularly memorable for our anniversary day/eve? Btw this is a second marriage for both of us so although it's a 10th anniversary, we're both in our fifties.
Doesn't have to be, tho' can be, expensive or romantic. For example, we're hoping at some point while there to take a cooking class, and that might be just plain old fun to do on our anniversary if any of the classes are on a Sunday, I haven't looked into that yet.
Thanks in advance for your thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Mnnpls--what to do, culture and food
- 2 Scenic Drive - Rockland to Moosehead Lake?
- 3 Florida couples first trip to Maine
- 4 Cape Cod Biking & Lodging
- 5 San Diego Sunset or La Jolla
- 6 1st time RV trip from Georgia to Oregon
- 7 Los Angeles/Santa Monica -- how many days and where else?
- 8 Big Bend, McDonald Observatory, San Antonio and Austin in January
- 9 Amtrak Boston/New York
- 10 10 Year Anniversary Dinner in NYC
- 11 2 weeks in Alaska with kids
- 12 Suggestions Buffalo NY
- 13 Need advise sightseeing Seattle - Pendleton - Twin Falls - Yellowstone
- 14 new orleans french quarter hotels for "the ladies"
- 15 Cape Cod -ideas eats ,activity, ferry to BOS
- 16 West Virginia
- 17 Best Hotel
- 18 Hilton Hawaiian Village
- 19 How Do You Get Around in North Carolina?
- 20 Alamo convertible
- 21 lobster rumor
- 22 Washington visit...perhaps relocate
- 23 Tour of Colorado and NM
- 24 Forbes Island Restaurant Question
- 25 seattle-portland place to stay