We'll be celebrating our 10th anniversary in NOLA the first week in February, first time there for both of us.
I've been having fun reading trip reports and while we don't usually make an exact itinerary, we do go armed with highlighted printouts from Fodors tr's and then see which we feel like doing when.
However, we arrive on Sat. Feb. 1 and the next day, Sun. the 2nd, is our anniversary. Wondering if anyone has any special things to do or places to eat that you'd suggest would be particularly memorable for our anniversary day/eve? Btw this is a second marriage for both of us so although it's a 10th anniversary, we're both in our fifties.
Doesn't have to be, tho' can be, expensive or romantic. For example, we're hoping at some point while there to take a cooking class, and that might be just plain old fun to do on our anniversary if any of the classes are on a Sunday, I haven't looked into that yet.
Thanks in advance for your thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Pearl Harbor no bag policy
- 2 Bar Harbor/Acadia NP
- 3 Road Trip Loop San Fran south to Monterey - then -east
- 4 Best time to visit alaska
- 5 NJ to Florida drive
- 6 Advise on trip
- 7 DC Metro Closures
- 8 Denver CO what to do arriving at 8am
- 9 SW Colorado and Moab, UT
- 10 Moab UT Accommendations
- 11 easy to access car rental near but not in Logan Airport
- 12 Grade 12 subjects
- 13 A day at Franconia Notch State Park and White Mountain National Forest
- 14 Route Dr. - FLA speed traps?
- 15 A week in NYC - first timers
- 16 Cody, WY --suggestions for short stop?
- 17 Portland-Seattle and lots more: Itinerary comments requested
- 18 Crowd levels in Pigeon Forge/Sevierville
- 19 Any one found a fee free ATM around Point Pleasant, NJ area?
- 20 From NYC to DC...Bus Questions
- 21 A weekend in Alaska: Northern Lights and more
- 22 6 week West USA Family driving trip
- 23 Boston/Cape/ Back to Boston (Or Have we Made a Big Mistake?)
- 24 San Diego, Yosemite, Napa
- 25 2-day pass through trip in Glacier & Waterton National Park