I will be travelling from NJ to Seattle sometime in mid-July and want to have the trip completed in 4 days tops. According to Mapquest, the ideal route will be taking 80W and connecting with 90W all the way to SEA. There are 3 drivers, so we are planning to drive at least 1 day non-stop. What I am looking for is advise on the following:
1) Probably the most important thing, MUST EAT places that is along that route. We are willing to go off course, but nothing more than 1/2 hour off. We are making this somewhat of a FOODIE road trip and want to experience the best places. $$ is somewhat not an object, as long as the food and experience is good.
2) MUST SEE/EXPERIENCE places. We will be passing through PA, OH, ILL, WIS, MINN, S.DAK, MONT,& WA..
3) ANY and ALL TIPS to make this a memorable trip for me and my brothers. When should we take the 1 day non-stop drive, where there is a stretch of really not much to see/do.
TX again for any tips you guys might have. I will definetely post result of trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Overnight stay along Newburyport/Rockport train line
- 2 When will Key West be recovered from Irma?
- 3 Alaska 19 day itinerary - comments/opinions, please?
- 4 Chicago - Memphis - NO - Anaheim (train/plane and taxi)
- 5 Disneyland Grand Californian
- 6 Suggestions for Sedona and Grand Canyon
- 7 Colorado Shows Off
- 8 New England Tour
- 9 San Diego VRBO area
- 10 Kauai: First Trip Help Please
- 11 Botanical gardens on Maui, Hilo, and Kauai: how much do they differ?
- 12 help me plan a Cali trip
- 13 Hawaii at Christmas with older teens
- 14 10-hour MIA layover ideas?
- 15 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 16 Trip to San Francisco in Dec 2017
- 17 Wilmington DE questions
- 18 San Francisco to Seattle in a day (fires in Oregon)
- 19 50th wedding anniversary in Hawaii??
- 20 Inexpensive Restaurants Near Canyonlands and Capitol Reef?
- 21 Getting from Seatac airport to downtown Seattle
- 22 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 23 NYC 9/11 Tour - best options?
- 24 Muir Woods in October
- 25 Dining after show at Sondheim Theatre