I will be travelling from NJ to Seattle sometime in mid-July and want to have the trip completed in 4 days tops. According to Mapquest, the ideal route will be taking 80W and connecting with 90W all the way to SEA. There are 3 drivers, so we are planning to drive at least 1 day non-stop. What I am looking for is advise on the following:
1) Probably the most important thing, MUST EAT places that is along that route. We are willing to go off course, but nothing more than 1/2 hour off. We are making this somewhat of a FOODIE road trip and want to experience the best places. $$ is somewhat not an object, as long as the food and experience is good.
2) MUST SEE/EXPERIENCE places. We will be passing through PA, OH, ILL, WIS, MINN, S.DAK, MONT,& WA..
3) ANY and ALL TIPS to make this a memorable trip for me and my brothers. When should we take the 1 day non-stop drive, where there is a stretch of really not much to see/do.
TX again for any tips you guys might have. I will definetely post result of trip
NJ to SEATTLE ROAD TRIP
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 2 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 3 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 4 San Diego
- 5 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 6 Family Camp in Maine
- 7 Spring Has Officially Sprung in Central Park
- 8 New York City Restaurants
- 9 3 Days in Denver area- want to hike and bike, stay in Boulder or Denver?
- 10 Downtown Denver restaurant recommendation, please~
- 11 Chicago Architectural River Tours - which one for us?
- 12 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 13 Seattle to Los Angeles and back . . . ideas for family stopping places?
- 14 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 15 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 16 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 17 Phoenix restaurants
- 18 Advice on a Hamptons Day Trip
- 19 Travel West Coast
- 20 Timeshare Nightmares
- 21 Which NYC subway should I take?
- 22 Helicopter tours from Vegas to Grand Canyon
- 23 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 24 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 25 Brooklyn why?