I will be travelling from NJ to Seattle sometime in mid-July and want to have the trip completed in 4 days tops. According to Mapquest, the ideal route will be taking 80W and connecting with 90W all the way to SEA. There are 3 drivers, so we are planning to drive at least 1 day non-stop. What I am looking for is advise on the following:
1) Probably the most important thing, MUST EAT places that is along that route. We are willing to go off course, but nothing more than 1/2 hour off. We are making this somewhat of a FOODIE road trip and want to experience the best places. $$ is somewhat not an object, as long as the food and experience is good.
2) MUST SEE/EXPERIENCE places. We will be passing through PA, OH, ILL, WIS, MINN, S.DAK, MONT,& WA..
3) ANY and ALL TIPS to make this a memorable trip for me and my brothers. When should we take the 1 day non-stop drive, where there is a stretch of really not much to see/do.
TX again for any tips you guys might have. I will definetely post result of trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Cross country tips
- 2 DIA to Estes Park in mid-Feb. 4x4?
- 3 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 4 Rental cars at Tampa cruiseport 3
- 5 Sedona v Scottsdale?
- 6 Parka in PA during February?
- 7 Best Kids' Skiing <3 hours from Chicago?
- 8 CEO Dollar Rental Car
- 9 Ideas for New York
- 10 Back from the Big Easy
- 11 Best May/Jun Yosemite lodging areas: Yosemite West, El Portal, or Wawona?
- 12 Last minute Keys Trip Advice Please
- 13 Clear Roads From Seattle to Omaha 12-9-16?
- 14 Disappointed with Budget Car Rental Las Vegas
- 15 EWR to Midtown Manhattan
- 16 Driving from San Diego CA to Great lakes IL in FEB
- 17 17' uhaul from seattle wa to San Antonio Texas
- 18 IAH to HOU Questions
- 19 Traveling into the US with Alcohol
- 20 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 21 Jazzfest side trips
- 22 March in New Mexico
- 23 No Spam this morning!!
- 24 San Francisco transit options
- 25 yosemite -grand canyon- bryce and zion