I will be travelling from NJ to Seattle sometime in mid-July and want to have the trip completed in 4 days tops. According to Mapquest, the ideal route will be taking 80W and connecting with 90W all the way to SEA. There are 3 drivers, so we are planning to drive at least 1 day non-stop. What I am looking for is advise on the following:
1) Probably the most important thing, MUST EAT places that is along that route. We are willing to go off course, but nothing more than 1/2 hour off. We are making this somewhat of a FOODIE road trip and want to experience the best places. $$ is somewhat not an object, as long as the food and experience is good.
2) MUST SEE/EXPERIENCE places. We will be passing through PA, OH, ILL, WIS, MINN, S.DAK, MONT,& WA..
3) ANY and ALL TIPS to make this a memorable trip for me and my brothers. When should we take the 1 day non-stop drive, where there is a stretch of really not much to see/do.
TX again for any tips you guys might have. I will definetely post result of trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 10 days vacation in California
- 2 Westhester/Bronx/Yonkers area event planning
- 3 Amtrak prices go up and down?
- 4 Summer Vacation Ideas
- 5 Naples Hotel and Everglades
- 6 Alabama vacation "shark teeth fossils"
- 7 Retiring to Tucson
- 8 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 9 Grand Canyon solo - advisable?
- 10 Southwest Road Trip in Oct
- 11 Utah National Parks visit
- 12 Renting an RV to Tour NM
- 13 Saturday traffic heading to the Outer Banks
- 14 Pet Friendly accommodations midway
- 15 Help Please - NYC Questions and Plans
- 16 Big Island of Hawaii - itinerary ideas for 7-10 day trip
- 17 Favorite lodging near Acadia NP? Maine in October?
- 18 Driving from Miami to Florida Keys - electronic tolls?
- 19 Hotel in Reno
- 20 winter resort offering snowshoeing dog sledding & boat trip
- 21 Alaska Trip Planning Please Help
- 22 Looking for informaation on Joshua Tree
- 23 A nice restuarnt in Charlottesville, VA for bridesmaids luncheon?
- 24 In search of cool beach town in the Carolinas
- 25 http://skincaremarkets.com/brainup-iq/