I will be travelling from NJ to Seattle sometime in mid-July and want to have the trip completed in 4 days tops. According to Mapquest, the ideal route will be taking 80W and connecting with 90W all the way to SEA. There are 3 drivers, so we are planning to drive at least 1 day non-stop. What I am looking for is advise on the following:
1) Probably the most important thing, MUST EAT places that is along that route. We are willing to go off course, but nothing more than 1/2 hour off. We are making this somewhat of a FOODIE road trip and want to experience the best places. $$ is somewhat not an object, as long as the food and experience is good.
2) MUST SEE/EXPERIENCE places. We will be passing through PA, OH, ILL, WIS, MINN, S.DAK, MONT,& WA..
3) ANY and ALL TIPS to make this a memorable trip for me and my brothers. When should we take the 1 day non-stop drive, where there is a stretch of really not much to see/do.
TX again for any tips you guys might have. I will definetely post result of trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 California RV baby and child seats
- 2 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 3 Driving to Yellowstone,Grand Teton and Glacier from MN
- 4 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 5 Grieving Widow wants escape from Christmas
- 6 Touring Hearst Castle
- 7 How many days recommended for Williamsburg stay?
- 8 Is it Appropriate for Grandmother to Sing to Bar Mitzvah Boy?
- 9 Dependable Airport Hotel Shuttlebus
- 10 California & Arizona Itinerary
- 11 car rentals in San Diego
- 12 Hawaii in August w 6 year old boy
- 13 Denver/Breckenridge/Summit County
- 14 San Diego on New Year's Eve
- 15 Suggestions for summer vacation near lake with dog
- 16 Southern Utah - Need Hotel Reservations Last Week Of April?
- 17 Angels Landing
- 18 First time visit to California
- 19 San Diego Family Reunion Planning
- 20 NY State Assembly Internship
- 21 Room Service @ Disney Hotel
- 22 East coast & Thanksgiving in Pennsylvania
- 23 Waikoloa restaurants?
- 24 How can the weather report be so wrong?
- 25 San Francisco