I will be travelling from NJ to Seattle sometime in mid-July and want to have the trip completed in 4 days tops. According to Mapquest, the ideal route will be taking 80W and connecting with 90W all the way to SEA. There are 3 drivers, so we are planning to drive at least 1 day non-stop. What I am looking for is advise on the following:
1) Probably the most important thing, MUST EAT places that is along that route. We are willing to go off course, but nothing more than 1/2 hour off. We are making this somewhat of a FOODIE road trip and want to experience the best places. $$ is somewhat not an object, as long as the food and experience is good.
2) MUST SEE/EXPERIENCE places. We will be passing through PA, OH, ILL, WIS, MINN, S.DAK, MONT,& WA..
3) ANY and ALL TIPS to make this a memorable trip for me and my brothers. When should we take the 1 day non-stop drive, where there is a stretch of really not much to see/do.
TX again for any tips you guys might have. I will definetely post result of trip
NJ to SEATTLE ROAD TRIP
- 1 Newport, RI Questions
- 2 East coast tour - Part1: NYC
- 3 Boston and surrounding area
- 4 Question about Northeast Wisconsin along the lake
- 5 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 6 California, Northern
- 7 Seatlle, WA
- 8 State cracking down on vacation rentals?
- 9 San Francisco,Monterey, Yosemite etc.!
- 10 Staying at the Andaz in West Hollywood with kids.
- 11 Best place to raise a family in Florida
- 12 DC Itinerary, June 8-13, suggestions welcome!
- 13 Best place for rafting: Moab, Taos or Durango?
- 14 Advice for 2 night intro trip to Moab in early June (1-3)
- 15 Kodachrome Basin State Park in Utah
- 16 Boston, my 2 hour food shopping spree to satiate my man's needs
- 17 Bryce Canyon vs. Yellowsyone
- 18 Restaurant Recommendations in Salt Lake City Area
- 19 Around North America (cruise)
- 20 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 21 Need help with itinerary to Seattle, Oregon, California
- 22 Oregon Cave NM or extra day in Redwoods area?
- 23 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 24 Ackislander or others- restaurants in Nantucket in 2013
- 25 Santa Fe Home Exchange - Three Wks, from start to finish