I will be travelling from NJ to Seattle sometime in mid-July and want to have the trip completed in 4 days tops. According to Mapquest, the ideal route will be taking 80W and connecting with 90W all the way to SEA. There are 3 drivers, so we are planning to drive at least 1 day non-stop. What I am looking for is advise on the following:
1) Probably the most important thing, MUST EAT places that is along that route. We are willing to go off course, but nothing more than 1/2 hour off. We are making this somewhat of a FOODIE road trip and want to experience the best places. $$ is somewhat not an object, as long as the food and experience is good.
2) MUST SEE/EXPERIENCE places. We will be passing through PA, OH, ILL, WIS, MINN, S.DAK, MONT,& WA..
3) ANY and ALL TIPS to make this a memorable trip for me and my brothers. When should we take the 1 day non-stop drive, where there is a stretch of really not much to see/do.
TX again for any tips you guys might have. I will definetely post result of trip
NJ to SEATTLE ROAD TRIP
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 2 Florida's beaches questions: Siesta Key, Stump Pass, Sanibel Island
- 3 Hotel near Miami airport
- 4 Our perfect day in Key West
- 5 DENALI FLIGHTSEEING/BUS TOUR OPTION?
- 6 culpepper
- 7 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 8 Shuttle from RSW to Naples, FL
- 9 Road Trip Help--- Philly to Sunset, SC (Virginia portion)
- 10 Looking for marijuana on Big Island
- 11 moving to florida
- 12 3 days road trip from Boston to Arcadia National park
- 13 Honeymoon/road trip/adventure/help!
- 14 Road Trip SW
- 15 In just five days: Grand Teton and Yellowstone NPs
- 16 Vacation with 1 year old - ideas?
- 17 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?
- 18 Does anyone have a place on Cape Cod?
- 19 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 20 Recommendations for accommodation in San Diego?
- 21 Mesa Verde
- 22 Is Lanai worth a day trip from Maui?
- 23 Chelsea Antiques Garage flea market -- RIP
- 24 Mt Ranier parking questions
- 25 Los Angeles itinerary for August trip