Driving to Asheville NC this Thanksgiving for about a week trip with my DH, we are mid 40's, no kids , will be about 12 hour drive from NJ to NC. Would like to stop along the way here and there in any states on the route, overnight stays if needed, and see some interesting sights or tourist attractions (and some tourist traps are okay too, haha). We will be staying about 3 days in Asheville, rest of the week is open.
Never been to any of the cities in N.C . like Raleigh, Winston-Salem, Chapel Hill, or Greensboro so not sure if they have anything interesting to stop off and see , or nice hotels to stay in, etc.
Any recommendations? Thinking of stopping at Tanglewood Park to see the Christmas light display on the way back to NJ. Not sure how worthwhile that will be.
Any ideas and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://newhealthsupplement.com/megadrol/
- 2 http://healthrewind.com/brain-plus-iq/
- 3 http://healthrewind.com/eyeperla-anti-aging-serum/
- 4 http://yoursbetterhealthsolutions.com/ketone-life/
- 5 http://advancemenpower.com/x-alpha-muscle/
- 6 http://rxtestosteronesite.com/nugenix-testosterone-booster/
- 7 Planning Rim2Rim Hike at Grand Canyon
- 8 CA Fire - need revised itinerary help
- 9 Desert Southwest
- 10 11 Days in Washington State and northern Oregon: what to do?
- 11 Lake Tahoe or ?
- 12 Between Naples and Fort Myers
- 13 Restaurant Recs for Minneapolis
- 14 Los Angeles Indefinitely
- 15 Kids Vacation Place
- 16 SW Colorado/San Juan Skyway ideas?
- 17 Boston waterfront Italian
- 18 Mardi Gras
- 19 Moving from Fresno CA to highpoint NC
- 20 Need advice - Charleston girls' weekend
- 21 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 22 Road trip from Gulf Coast to Key West
- 23 Northern California Fall itinerary help
- 24 Best restaurants?! - first time to NYC!
- 25 Napa valley getaway