Driving to Asheville NC this Thanksgiving for about a week trip with my DH, we are mid 40's, no kids , will be about 12 hour drive from NJ to NC. Would like to stop along the way here and there in any states on the route, overnight stays if needed, and see some interesting sights or tourist attractions (and some tourist traps are okay too, haha). We will be staying about 3 days in Asheville, rest of the week is open.
Never been to any of the cities in N.C . like Raleigh, Winston-Salem, Chapel Hill, or Greensboro so not sure if they have anything interesting to stop off and see , or nice hotels to stay in, etc.
Any recommendations? Thinking of stopping at Tanglewood Park to see the Christmas light display on the way back to NJ. Not sure how worthwhile that will be.
Any ideas and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
NJ to Asheville NC in November
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 2 Tipping advice
- 3 7 things to do under $21 in Las Vegas
- 4 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 5 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 6 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 7 Cheapest, best to get from San Fran Airport to Hotel in Fina. District?
- 8 Boston to Ohio, with visits to FDR Home and Fallingwater
- 9 2 or 3 nights in Hana
- 10 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 11 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation
- 12 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 13 West Maui Restaurants
- 14 San Diego Little Italy
- 15 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 16 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 17 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 18 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 19 Lake Rabun Hotel
- 20 Key West Hotel in January
- 21 Healdsburg tips
- 22 Hawaii or Rio for male single traveler
- 23 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 24 los angeles restaurants
- 25 Where to add a few days in Colorado?