Driving to Asheville NC this Thanksgiving for about a week trip with my DH, we are mid 40's, no kids , will be about 12 hour drive from NJ to NC. Would like to stop along the way here and there in any states on the route, overnight stays if needed, and see some interesting sights or tourist attractions (and some tourist traps are okay too, haha). We will be staying about 3 days in Asheville, rest of the week is open.
Never been to any of the cities in N.C . like Raleigh, Winston-Salem, Chapel Hill, or Greensboro so not sure if they have anything interesting to stop off and see , or nice hotels to stay in, etc.
Any recommendations? Thinking of stopping at Tanglewood Park to see the Christmas light display on the way back to NJ. Not sure how worthwhile that will be.
Any ideas and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Chicago Outskirts Hotel
- 2 Beach Vacation from Midwest with 10 year old.
- 3 Train, Boston to NYC, questions
- 4 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 5 Advice on 4 day itinerary in NYC in June 2015
- 6 SF to Seattle roundtrip with family,help!
- 7 DC - WW2 flyover
- 8 Hilton Head
- 9 4 Days in LV
- 10 $ nights SF - 1 Night to drive the coast - 5 nights LA
- 11 Best Scenic Islands in Washington State
- 12 Grand Marais?
- 13 Alaska Railroad trips reviews & motion sickness etc
- 14 Brit worried about weather in Santa Barbara !
- 15 First time visit to California
- 16 Kauai North Shore Condos- Sealodge
- 17 New England and Eastern Canada
- 18 NYC to FLA Road Trip..stopovers (I-81) in Virginia and Sea Islands?
- 19 Driving from Denver to Ouray Colorado and back in late August
- 20 Southern Road Trip
- 21 Colorado Springs to Durango 9 days
- 22 Must See/Do in Oregon & Washington
- 23 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 24 Driving to St. Paul Minnesota from New York City
- 25 NYC hotel/July