Driving to Asheville NC this Thanksgiving for about a week trip with my DH, we are mid 40's, no kids , will be about 12 hour drive from NJ to NC. Would like to stop along the way here and there in any states on the route, overnight stays if needed, and see some interesting sights or tourist attractions (and some tourist traps are okay too, haha). We will be staying about 3 days in Asheville, rest of the week is open.
Never been to any of the cities in N.C . like Raleigh, Winston-Salem, Chapel Hill, or Greensboro so not sure if they have anything interesting to stop off and see , or nice hotels to stay in, etc.
Any recommendations? Thinking of stopping at Tanglewood Park to see the Christmas light display on the way back to NJ. Not sure how worthwhile that will be.
Any ideas and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Zion, Bryce, South/North Rim, Page
- 2 Denver to Mesa Verde National Park
- 3 Hotel in Austin
- 4 California: San Fran to San Diego
- 5 New York on the Super Cheap, May 2017
- 6 San Diego Marriott Coronado Island or Marriott Marquis downtown?
- 7 3 day wine detour through the Willamette Valley
- 8 Austin TX restaurants
- 9 train from NYC to Philadelphia
- 10 HotAirBalloon Festival
- 11 Coors Field Security for Zac Brown
- 12 A week in Ohau - what to do?
- 13 hotel in NYC
- 14 Kaihalulu Beach/Red Sand Beach - Maui, Hawaii
- 15 Utah too much crammed into 9 days, help please
- 16 New/Different in Kennebunkport?
- 17 5 Days near Denver
- 18 yeah or nay grand canyon in dec/jan
- 19 Sonoma alley in May
- 20 WEST POINT ACADEMY GRADUATION via Catskills & mid-Hudson Valley
- 21 Help Reno,Tahoe,San Fran 6 Day Trip
- 22 Lake Champlain, VT
- 23 What is the best way to get from Newark Airport to JFK
- 24 Vancouver to Seattle after cruise
- 25 First time to Alaska - with kids