Driving to Asheville NC this Thanksgiving for about a week trip with my DH, we are mid 40's, no kids , will be about 12 hour drive from NJ to NC. Would like to stop along the way here and there in any states on the route, overnight stays if needed, and see some interesting sights or tourist attractions (and some tourist traps are okay too, haha). We will be staying about 3 days in Asheville, rest of the week is open.
Never been to any of the cities in N.C . like Raleigh, Winston-Salem, Chapel Hill, or Greensboro so not sure if they have anything interesting to stop off and see , or nice hotels to stay in, etc.
Any recommendations? Thinking of stopping at Tanglewood Park to see the Christmas light display on the way back to NJ. Not sure how worthwhile that will be.
Any ideas and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
NJ to Asheville NC in November
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 2 Florida--single woman seeks best beaches for swimming and
- 3 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 4 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 5 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 6 Napa Girls Getaway - Need hotel advice
- 7 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 8 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 9 Colorado in the summer!
- 10 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 11 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 12 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 13 Cab Cost from McCarren to Venetian Hotel?
- 14 Where can I best see Orca whales in the wild?
- 15 Brooklyn why?
- 16 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 17 NYC over Memorial Day Weekend 2014
- 18 Kennedy Space Center
- 19 Alexandria or Georgetown
- 20 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 21 5 week in US/Mexico
- 22 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 23 John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge at Tinicum
- 24 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving
- 25 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint