Driving to Asheville NC this Thanksgiving for about a week trip with my DH, we are mid 40's, no kids , will be about 12 hour drive from NJ to NC. Would like to stop along the way here and there in any states on the route, overnight stays if needed, and see some interesting sights or tourist attractions (and some tourist traps are okay too, haha). We will be staying about 3 days in Asheville, rest of the week is open.
Never been to any of the cities in N.C . like Raleigh, Winston-Salem, Chapel Hill, or Greensboro so not sure if they have anything interesting to stop off and see , or nice hotels to stay in, etc.
Any recommendations? Thinking of stopping at Tanglewood Park to see the Christmas light display on the way back to NJ. Not sure how worthwhile that will be.
Any ideas and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
NJ to Asheville NC in November
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 2 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 3 Safe Way of renting property in Orlando
- 4 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 5 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 6 Return to Utah - New Sites
- 7 Oahu ideas
- 8 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 9 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 10 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 11 Best places to move to Florida?
- 12 West Coast Bound End of March
- 13 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 14 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 15 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 16 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 17 Key Largo, FL
- 18 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 19 Death Valley in June
- 20 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 21 Rodeo Near Tulsa or Woodward?
- 22 San Diego grocery stores
- 23 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 24 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 25 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii