Driving to Asheville NC this Thanksgiving for about a week trip with my DH, we are mid 40's, no kids , will be about 12 hour drive from NJ to NC. Would like to stop along the way here and there in any states on the route, overnight stays if needed, and see some interesting sights or tourist attractions (and some tourist traps are okay too, haha). We will be staying about 3 days in Asheville, rest of the week is open.
Never been to any of the cities in N.C . like Raleigh, Winston-Salem, Chapel Hill, or Greensboro so not sure if they have anything interesting to stop off and see , or nice hotels to stay in, etc.
Any recommendations? Thinking of stopping at Tanglewood Park to see the Christmas light display on the way back to NJ. Not sure how worthwhile that will be.
Any ideas and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Oregon Overnight south of Crater Lake
- 2 Travel from Philadelphia to New York
- 3 Outlet Mall in New Orleans
- 4 Driving from FLL to Key West
- 5 Boston for a cruise: South end? Downtown?
- 6 Santa Barbara Hotels
- 7 10 Day Road Trip in Colorado
- 8 Maui experts..too late to plan August-Sept. visit???
- 9 CT to ABQ-favorite routes?
- 10 Rolling Thunder on Sunday- how bad will traffic be?
- 11 Help! 2nd half of trip...From GTNP, 11 days before flying out of Denver.
- 12 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 13 Best weather and tips to roadtrip to west coast USA
- 14 Daughters/ mother 4/5 girl trip
- 15 Trail Ridge Road Will be Closed This Weekend
- 16 sugestions
- 17 Default Vegas-GC-Antelope-Bryce-Zion-Vegas
- 18 Yellowstone/Grand Teton Camping Itinerary
- 19 Rules of the NY Subway
- 20 Big Sur Help!!
- 21 PNC Park ~ convenient hotel?
- 22 Anyone use Hawaiian Airlines?
- 23 Road trip from arizona to seattle.
- 24 Best Time to Travel the West Coast (USA)
- 25 Sad News for Maine Lobster Lovers