Driving to Asheville NC this Thanksgiving for about a week trip with my DH, we are mid 40's, no kids , will be about 12 hour drive from NJ to NC. Would like to stop along the way here and there in any states on the route, overnight stays if needed, and see some interesting sights or tourist attractions (and some tourist traps are okay too, haha). We will be staying about 3 days in Asheville, rest of the week is open.
Never been to any of the cities in N.C . like Raleigh, Winston-Salem, Chapel Hill, or Greensboro so not sure if they have anything interesting to stop off and see , or nice hotels to stay in, etc.
Any recommendations? Thinking of stopping at Tanglewood Park to see the Christmas light display on the way back to NJ. Not sure how worthwhile that will be.
Any ideas and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
NJ to Asheville NC in November
- 1 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 2 Chicago: Clark & Lake Street Subway Stop
- 3 New York-Texas Road Trip
- 4 Itinerary Ideas for 2nd Trip to NYC ... without kids this time
- 5 DC Itinerary, June 8-13, suggestions welcome!
- 6 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 7 Nashville Hot Fried Chicken
- 8 Help with July 4th Marriott Houston trip
- 9 Where to stay Charleston SC
- 10 Road trip Sacramento to Denver, help requested
- 11 How far ahead to book Alcatraz?
- 12 Yosemite Falls Lodge in the park or Cedar Lodge w/ budget constraints
- 13 Dulles Airport to Baltimore hotel
- 14 Michigan Beaches
- 15 Southwest Crawl: Colorado to Grand Canyon to Vegas
- 16 Middlebury vt quickie
- 17 Albuquerque to Denver
- 18 STL Bucket List - College Student
- 19 MOBILE, AL SHORT TRIP REPORT
- 20 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 21 SW Utah
- 22 Honeymoon to Kauai and Maui from the East Coast
- 23 What to see/do from north Texas area to SD (Mt. Rushmore area)
- 24 Help Create a Memory in Michigan
- 25 surfing in San Diego