I'll be heading up to Newport, Rhode Island soon to attend OCS and become a Naval Officer and was wondering if anyone had any insight on what there is to do in and around the region?
I'll be up there a few weeks before my particular Officer Candidate School begins, and. I was hoping to check out some local sites, as A single trip to. NYC has been my only experience being in the northeast, coming from a life spent in the South.
Appreciate any suggestions! Thanks very much!
Newport, RI - What's it like?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Yosemite First timers in August survival Guide
- 2 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 3 Aloha from Paradise (aka Kauai)
- 4 Stubhub and NFL Tickets
- 5 America's Quirkiest Towns -- Is that a good thing?
- 6 Best, most beautiful, unmissable sections of highway 1 on the CA coast
- 7 Road trip from Oakville to Vermont, Maine, Boston - too much in 7 days?
- 8 Chicago - Walk? Cab? Bus? From Soldier Field...
- 9 Balloon fest hotels
- 10 Newport, RI - What's it like?
- 11 Hawaii Trip - Maui, Kauai and Honolulu in 9 days
- 12 San Antonio suggestions anyone?
- 13 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 14 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 15 Please help with daily details for Utah Park trip next month!
- 16 Transportation help in Philly
- 17 Orlando-off-the-beaten-track
- 18 Through Yellowstone to the OTO dude ranch
- 19 Hotels in North Philadelphia
- 20 New York Trip
- 21 San Fran to Las Vegas drive
- 22 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 23 Suggested Itinerary for Grand Canyon and Utah National Parks in two weeks
- 24 palm desert, CA
- 25 late-night DC restaurant