My husband and I (who live in NYC) are thinking about taking our baby girl to the beach this summer, and we thought Newport, RI would be a fun place to go.
Our trip will be late July/early August, for about 4 nights. We'll have a car, so can get to neighboring towns, etc.
We realize that our daughter will be too young to appreciate all of the beauty and charm Newport has to offer -- but we wanted to go somewhere scenic and relatively family-friendly, and a destination where she can experience the beach for the first time.
I wanted to see if anyone had recommendations about family friendly accommodations in Newport (or nearby vicinity).
We really don't want to break the bank with this trip -- normally we like higher end type places, but we're trying to keep things reasonable ($250 or less if at all possible). I realize that it's a difficult task to find reasonable accommodations in Newport during high season - but does anyone have any recommendations?
We are willing to stay in surrounding areas of Newport, and would consider any type of accommodation - hotel, renting a cottage, B&B etc....
Also, if anyone has any ideas for family friendly restaurants/things to do, I would really appreciate it.... She is a very sweet, happy baby, so taking her to restaurants, etc. is no problem.
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.
Newport, Rhode Island with 8 month old?
- 1 South Lake Tahoe (end of December 2013)
- 2 Seniors need help with itinerary for grandkids!
- 3 Creating restaurant list for San Francisco - new ones??
- 4 Warm and don't Drive
- 5 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 6 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 7 Train from Boston to Rockport?
- 8 San Diego Desert Trip in January
- 9 Rockport, MA dining?
- 10 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 11 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 12 Princeville in January
- 13 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 14 dog friendly hotels websites--any others than bringfido.com?
- 15 Roadtrip New Orleans, Vicksburg, Montgomery, Mobile, New Orleans
- 16 UK passport to travel from US to Thailand
- 17 Roads Open to Estes Park
- 18 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 19 Help! Travel plans to USA West Coast
- 20 RIP Judy Rogers
- 21 No high rises, low key natural area with water access in SW Fla
- 22 BASEBALL SPRING TRAINING-SCOTTSDALE
- 23 First time to Austin-San Antonio area
- 24 Fun restaurants in New Orleans
- 25 hotel near Met NYC