My husband and I (who live in NYC) are thinking about taking our baby girl to the beach this summer, and we thought Newport, RI would be a fun place to go.
Our trip will be late July/early August, for about 4 nights. We'll have a car, so can get to neighboring towns, etc.
We realize that our daughter will be too young to appreciate all of the beauty and charm Newport has to offer -- but we wanted to go somewhere scenic and relatively family-friendly, and a destination where she can experience the beach for the first time.
I wanted to see if anyone had recommendations about family friendly accommodations in Newport (or nearby vicinity).
We really don't want to break the bank with this trip -- normally we like higher end type places, but we're trying to keep things reasonable ($250 or less if at all possible). I realize that it's a difficult task to find reasonable accommodations in Newport during high season - but does anyone have any recommendations?
We are willing to stay in surrounding areas of Newport, and would consider any type of accommodation - hotel, renting a cottage, B&B etc....
Also, if anyone has any ideas for family friendly restaurants/things to do, I would really appreciate it.... She is a very sweet, happy baby, so taking her to restaurants, etc. is no problem.
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Luxury Mountain Resort in PA or WV for sightseeing
- 2 driving from Atlanta to Denver
- 3 Cape Cod Biking & Lodging
- 4 Pacific Northwest Trip - Mother/Daughter
- 5 SF Area - Fall Family Trip
- 6 Seattle?
- 7 Need advise sightseeing Seattle - Pendleton - Twin Falls - Yellowstone
- 8 December Vacation in Florida by Beach
- 9 First Trip to New Mexico
- 10 Where to Stay Northern New Mexico in November
- 11 Big Bend, McDonald Observatory, San Antonio and Austin in January
- 12 Airport Advice for GNP
- 13 Day trips from Boston
- 14 2 weeks in Alaska with kids
- 15 San Diego Sunset or La Jolla
- 16 November redwoods trip
- 17 Washington visit...perhaps relocate
- 18 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 19 new orleans french quarter hotels for "the ladies"
- 20 Southern history- walkable cities
- 21 Wedding gifts?
- 22 Have Questions About Florida's Spring Allergy
- 23 Mnnpls--what to do, culture and food
- 24 Florida couples first trip to Maine
- 25 10 Year Anniversary Dinner in NYC