My husband and I (who live in NYC) are thinking about taking our baby girl to the beach this summer, and we thought Newport, RI would be a fun place to go.
Our trip will be late July/early August, for about 4 nights. We'll have a car, so can get to neighboring towns, etc.
We realize that our daughter will be too young to appreciate all of the beauty and charm Newport has to offer -- but we wanted to go somewhere scenic and relatively family-friendly, and a destination where she can experience the beach for the first time.
I wanted to see if anyone had recommendations about family friendly accommodations in Newport (or nearby vicinity).
We really don't want to break the bank with this trip -- normally we like higher end type places, but we're trying to keep things reasonable ($250 or less if at all possible). I realize that it's a difficult task to find reasonable accommodations in Newport during high season - but does anyone have any recommendations?
We are willing to stay in surrounding areas of Newport, and would consider any type of accommodation - hotel, renting a cottage, B&B etc....
Also, if anyone has any ideas for family friendly restaurants/things to do, I would really appreciate it.... She is a very sweet, happy baby, so taking her to restaurants, etc. is no problem.
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Suggestions - summer day in New Haven
- 2 Grand Canyon, Bryce and Zion itinerary
- 3 JFK 10 hour layover-World Trade Center + ?
- 4 Los Angeles and Beyond
- 5 Steamboat in August
- 6 A Gem of a Restaurant in Long Beach, CA
- 7 Even Disney isn't Disney anymore
- 8 Cape cod Labor Day
- 9 US Open Tennis
- 10 Aussie family heading to the US for the first time
- 11 Hawaii with limited time
- 12 Glacier-Banaff-Jasper NPs Car Rental
- 13 Trip report -- Vermont: Bennington and Manchester
- 14 Portland to mt St. Helens and my rainer
- 15 Grand Teton Questions
- 16 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 17 Your favourite places in New York City
- 18 Belmond Charleston, Mills House Wyndham or Spectator?
- 19 Trip Report: Charleston SC, Hilton Head, Savannah GA and Jekyll Island
- 20 5-7day one way Cruise or 26 glacier day cruise
- 21 where do the locals eat in Portland, Maine
- 22 One night one day in dallas accommodation
- 23 Help with first road trip - southeast us in January?
- 24 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 25 hiking in RMNP - Clothing Layers in August