My husband and I (who live in NYC) are thinking about taking our baby girl to the beach this summer, and we thought Newport, RI would be a fun place to go.
Our trip will be late July/early August, for about 4 nights. We'll have a car, so can get to neighboring towns, etc.
We realize that our daughter will be too young to appreciate all of the beauty and charm Newport has to offer -- but we wanted to go somewhere scenic and relatively family-friendly, and a destination where she can experience the beach for the first time.
I wanted to see if anyone had recommendations about family friendly accommodations in Newport (or nearby vicinity).
We really don't want to break the bank with this trip -- normally we like higher end type places, but we're trying to keep things reasonable ($250 or less if at all possible). I realize that it's a difficult task to find reasonable accommodations in Newport during high season - but does anyone have any recommendations?
We are willing to stay in surrounding areas of Newport, and would consider any type of accommodation - hotel, renting a cottage, B&B etc....
Also, if anyone has any ideas for family friendly restaurants/things to do, I would really appreciate it.... She is a very sweet, happy baby, so taking her to restaurants, etc. is no problem.
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://www.piratetoyshop.com/dermajur/
- 2 Need Advice For Trip with 16year old son-
- 3 Trip Idea for Thanksgiving Break
- 4 Travel suggestions from Mystic, CT to Bar Harbor, Maine
- 5 http://seremolynbuy.com/sihu-skin-care/
- 6 Black Hills, Mount Rushmore, Badlands Trip Report
- 7 http://realcoloncleansingworks.com/test-reload-review/
- 8 Regenes Lift Trails
- 9 http://realcoloncleansingworks.com/test-reload-review/
- 10 Although performing the LA Weight Loss!
- 11 TestoGen - Personal supplement reviews and results
- 12 Newark to Paris
- 13 Transit Advisory July 4, 2016 Local Transit will be on a hoilday schedule
- 14 Napa Valley Hotel
- 15 ONE WAY car rental from NYC to BOS
- 16 October Fall Foliage Itinerary
- 17 The city never sleeps, but we needed to
- 18 Southern Michigan vacation destination?
- 19 Road trip lower 48 to juneau
- 20 Avoiding Los Angeles Traffic
- 21 Driving from San Francisco Airport to San Rafael
- 22 60th birthday trip to Vermont, NH, Maine in October
- 23 Southwest charging USD15/ for early bird check in
- 24 Depot Bay OR
- 25 Seattle 5 day Itinerary