My husband and I (who live in NYC) are thinking about taking our baby girl to the beach this summer, and we thought Newport, RI would be a fun place to go.
Our trip will be late July/early August, for about 4 nights. We'll have a car, so can get to neighboring towns, etc.
We realize that our daughter will be too young to appreciate all of the beauty and charm Newport has to offer -- but we wanted to go somewhere scenic and relatively family-friendly, and a destination where she can experience the beach for the first time.
I wanted to see if anyone had recommendations about family friendly accommodations in Newport (or nearby vicinity).
We really don't want to break the bank with this trip -- normally we like higher end type places, but we're trying to keep things reasonable ($250 or less if at all possible). I realize that it's a difficult task to find reasonable accommodations in Newport during high season - but does anyone have any recommendations?
We are willing to stay in surrounding areas of Newport, and would consider any type of accommodation - hotel, renting a cottage, B&B etc....
Also, if anyone has any ideas for family friendly restaurants/things to do, I would really appreciate it.... She is a very sweet, happy baby, so taking her to restaurants, etc. is no problem.
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Day hikes in Yosemite for family of 4 (2 teens)
- 2 Where to stay - Yosemite, Sequoia, Zion - late July
- 3 transportation from JFK to Newark airport 1 way
- 4 Yosemite traffic worth it for 2-3 days?
- 5 Hilton Waikoloa Village - Yay or Nay?
- 6 FLL to Key West
- 7 2-day romantic couple getaway in CO mountains?
- 8 Driving south from Washington DC, but where??
- 9 Bringing gift box abroad as carry on?
- 10 Roadtrippin on Route 66
- 11 Road Trip to ND, SD, Nebraska, and Iowas
- 12 7-DAY SOJOURN IN SO. CAL
- 13 road trip
- 14 New England Road Trip
- 15 Best Vegas hotel with 12 & 15 year olds
- 16 Help with NE (Maine, Boston, Cape Cod) Trip
- 17 Driving from San Fran to Seattle
- 18 AZ and UT family road trip-seeking advice
- 19 Road trip from Saint Louis, Mo
- 20 Recommend an ATV Tour in UT, AZ or CO
- 21 Best way from Niagara Falls to Washington DC
- 22 Sept trip: San Diego, Disneyland and...?
- 23 Thoughts on these 3 spots for Estes Park lodging?
- 24 SF-Yosemite-Monterey-SF
- 25 San Francisco, Las Vegas - Where next?