My husband and I (who live in NYC) are thinking about taking our baby girl to the beach this summer, and we thought Newport, RI would be a fun place to go.
Our trip will be late July/early August, for about 4 nights. We'll have a car, so can get to neighboring towns, etc.
We realize that our daughter will be too young to appreciate all of the beauty and charm Newport has to offer -- but we wanted to go somewhere scenic and relatively family-friendly, and a destination where she can experience the beach for the first time.
I wanted to see if anyone had recommendations about family friendly accommodations in Newport (or nearby vicinity).
We really don't want to break the bank with this trip -- normally we like higher end type places, but we're trying to keep things reasonable ($250 or less if at all possible). I realize that it's a difficult task to find reasonable accommodations in Newport during high season - but does anyone have any recommendations?
We are willing to stay in surrounding areas of Newport, and would consider any type of accommodation - hotel, renting a cottage, B&B etc....
Also, if anyone has any ideas for family friendly restaurants/things to do, I would really appreciate it.... She is a very sweet, happy baby, so taking her to restaurants, etc. is no problem.
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Diego, Yosemite, Napa
- 2 New Orleans/long weekend in September
- 3 SW Colorado and Moab, UT
- 4 easy to access car rental near but not in Logan Airport
- 5 Help with itinerary...4 days in DC
- 6 Alcatraz Tour in SF
- 7 Kauai in November
- 8 Boston/Cape/ Back to Boston (Or Have we Made a Big Mistake?)
- 9 What's There to Do in Kauai???
- 10 San Francisco accommodation suggestions for November
- 11 San Francisco Area - 8 days
- 12 Thousand Islands - Must Dos
- 13 San Francisco Itinerary help
- 14 Hollywood Beach, Margarittaville Resort
- 15 Road trip fron San Francisco to Seattle
- 16 what western states to spend the most time in
- 17 Planning for June 2017 Grand Canyon Trip
- 18 Route Dr. - FLA speed traps?
- 19 DC area Metro Maintenance Work
- 20 NJ to Florida drive
- 21 Road Trip From IA to Niagara Falls
- 22 Okc,Ok to Taos,NM
- 23 Best Fly-fishing in July
- 24 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 25 Denver CO what to do arriving at 8am