My husband and I (who live in NYC) are thinking about taking our baby girl to the beach this summer, and we thought Newport, RI would be a fun place to go.
Our trip will be late July/early August, for about 4 nights. We'll have a car, so can get to neighboring towns, etc.
We realize that our daughter will be too young to appreciate all of the beauty and charm Newport has to offer -- but we wanted to go somewhere scenic and relatively family-friendly, and a destination where she can experience the beach for the first time.
I wanted to see if anyone had recommendations about family friendly accommodations in Newport (or nearby vicinity).
We really don't want to break the bank with this trip -- normally we like higher end type places, but we're trying to keep things reasonable ($250 or less if at all possible). I realize that it's a difficult task to find reasonable accommodations in Newport during high season - but does anyone have any recommendations?
We are willing to stay in surrounding areas of Newport, and would consider any type of accommodation - hotel, renting a cottage, B&B etc....
Also, if anyone has any ideas for family friendly restaurants/things to do, I would really appreciate it.... She is a very sweet, happy baby, so taking her to restaurants, etc. is no problem.
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.
Newport, Rhode Island with 8 month old?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Visiting Denver
- 2 Visiting Denver
- 3 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 4 NYC theatre broadway
- 5 Where to eat lunch in Washington, D.C.?
- 6 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 7 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 8 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 9 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 10 New Yorkers,,,Yea!!
- 11 San Diego parks and attractions
- 12 Lunch somewhere between Arlington and Roanoke VA?
- 13 Laguna Beach, what to do
- 14 Other places like Chautauqua Institution
- 15 Planning family gathering in Sedona
- 16 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 17 Stony Point, NC to Richmond, VA and surrounding areas... help, please!
- 18 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 19 HELP WITH FALL TRIP PLAN!!
- 20 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 21 Quiet hotel room in University district?
- 22 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 23 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 24 Door County Suggestions
- 25 First family ski trip