My husband and I (who live in NYC) are thinking about taking our baby girl to the beach this summer, and we thought Newport, RI would be a fun place to go.
Our trip will be late July/early August, for about 4 nights. We'll have a car, so can get to neighboring towns, etc.
We realize that our daughter will be too young to appreciate all of the beauty and charm Newport has to offer -- but we wanted to go somewhere scenic and relatively family-friendly, and a destination where she can experience the beach for the first time.
I wanted to see if anyone had recommendations about family friendly accommodations in Newport (or nearby vicinity).
We really don't want to break the bank with this trip -- normally we like higher end type places, but we're trying to keep things reasonable ($250 or less if at all possible). I realize that it's a difficult task to find reasonable accommodations in Newport during high season - but does anyone have any recommendations?
We are willing to stay in surrounding areas of Newport, and would consider any type of accommodation - hotel, renting a cottage, B&B etc....
Also, if anyone has any ideas for family friendly restaurants/things to do, I would really appreciate it.... She is a very sweet, happy baby, so taking her to restaurants, etc. is no problem.
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 First Trip to Texas -
- 2 NYC with 5 kids- SOLO
- 3 Lodging near Zion National Park
- 4 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 5 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 6 5 days in Colorado
- 7 Port Angelas -Vegas
- 8 Avoiding tunnels driving from Atlanta to Philadelphia
- 9 8-Hour Napali Fishing Charter with Kids?
- 10 Turning 30 in March. What shall I do?
- 11 Miami/Disney World/Bahamas Cruise w/6yo
- 12 Caillebotte at the Kimbell - Fort Worth
- 13 Reading re the Northern Parks?
- 14 New Hampshire
- 15 Things to do in Bakersfield
- 16 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 17 Road to Hana - tour company or on your own
- 18 How many days to spend in San Francisco, LA & Las vegas?
- 19 Best 2 (or 3) Day Drive Between Phoenix & Palm Springs?
- 20 Family Vacation for Mom's 80th Birthday
- 21 Beaches in Florida
- 22 Charleston+Kiawah+Asheville+?
- 23 Nashville Questions
- 24 Best stay, park & fly hotel near Boston Logan airport?
- 25 Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor - how to get to the city?