I plan on going to Newport very early sunday morning to spend the day with my mother and brother, she loves to eat, shop and loves the water, the more reseach I do about newport the bigger the place seems, since i dont want to waste too much time trying to find a prime area, can anyone tell me the best area to go too and that will be suffiecient to spend a good 6-8 hours in. I would like to do waterfront shopping, some light lunch, then some dinner before we hit the road, if before that I would like to possibly do a mansion tour as well, we definetley love to walk so thats not a problem, but I dont want to spend too much time running around once were there, a short drive from one area to another isnt bad, but I heard driving later in the afternoon and parking are tough towrds the mid afternoon, can some one lay out a possible itinerary to see a beautifual area of newport for a day...the way it looks from the web I know we will be headed back, thank you.
Newport Rhode Island it is...now where to go
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip...Itinerary Comments?
- 2 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 3 Los Abrigados Sedona Arizona
- 4 Two 64 year old buddies on A week trip
- 5 Alexandria, VA Marriott Residence Inn et al
- 6 Denver 1 day in denver
- 7 San Francisco-Coventry Inn??
- 8 Vegas Hotels-NY,NY, MIrage, Vdara
- 9 Roundtop Texas Lodging
- 10 Vegas to Grand Canyon, Bryce and/or Zion Dilemmma!
- 11 Zion NP - Grand Canyon North Rim - Las Vegas
- 12 Burlington VT day trip
- 13 Scouting trip for possible move to SoCal -- advice on itin, please
- 14 Santa Barbara Itinerary Help Needed
- 15 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 16 A weekend in Boston area with Friends (including 2 teenagers)
- 17 Hiking, Horses, Having fun: Family Adventure in Yellowstone & Grand Teton
- 18 Need help planning trip to Atlanta, Alabama and then New Orleans
- 19 San Francisco - mid October
- 20 Part Three of an 18 Day RV trip - Seward
- 21 Vegas hotels for families
- 22 Keeping Hip-Chic At Bay: Seattle and A Couple Points South
- 23 Kayaking to Chinaman Hat/Kaneohe Bay Sandbar/offshore Islands in Dec?
- 24 Westin Portland Harborview or Residence Inn ... another downtown hotel?
- 25 Which cross-country route, I-40 or I-80?