I plan on going to Newport very early sunday morning to spend the day with my mother and brother, she loves to eat, shop and loves the water, the more reseach I do about newport the bigger the place seems, since i dont want to waste too much time trying to find a prime area, can anyone tell me the best area to go too and that will be suffiecient to spend a good 6-8 hours in. I would like to do waterfront shopping, some light lunch, then some dinner before we hit the road, if before that I would like to possibly do a mansion tour as well, we definetley love to walk so thats not a problem, but I dont want to spend too much time running around once were there, a short drive from one area to another isnt bad, but I heard driving later in the afternoon and parking are tough towrds the mid afternoon, can some one lay out a possible itinerary to see a beautifual area of newport for a day...the way it looks from the web I know we will be headed back, thank you.
Newport Rhode Island it is...now where to go
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 2 Dad and daughter trip to Santa Fe
- 3 charleston during Christmas Week
- 4 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 5 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 6 Advanced Reservations for USS Arizona Memorial Available Again
- 7 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 8 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 9 Tipping advice
- 10 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 11 Tuscon to Las Vegas Drive in December
- 12 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 13 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 14 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation
- 15 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 16 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 17 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 18 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 19 Key West Hotel in January
- 20 los angeles restaurants
- 21 West Maui Restaurants
- 22 2 or 3 nights in Hana
- 23 Hawaii or Rio for male single traveler
- 24 7 things to do under $21 in Las Vegas
- 25 Cheapest, best to get from San Fran Airport to Hotel in Fina. District?