I plan on going to Newport very early sunday morning to spend the day with my mother and brother, she loves to eat, shop and loves the water, the more reseach I do about newport the bigger the place seems, since i dont want to waste too much time trying to find a prime area, can anyone tell me the best area to go too and that will be suffiecient to spend a good 6-8 hours in. I would like to do waterfront shopping, some light lunch, then some dinner before we hit the road, if before that I would like to possibly do a mansion tour as well, we definetley love to walk so thats not a problem, but I dont want to spend too much time running around once were there, a short drive from one area to another isnt bad, but I heard driving later in the afternoon and parking are tough towrds the mid afternoon, can some one lay out a possible itinerary to see a beautifual area of newport for a day...the way it looks from the web I know we will be headed back, thank you.
Newport Rhode Island it is...now where to go
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Atlanta with kids
- 2 Which NYC subway should I take?
- 3 Boston/Fenway park
- 4 Downtown Denver restaurant recommendation, please~
- 5 Any nice Family Camps near Lake Winnepesauki?
- 6 3 Days in Denver area- want to hike and bike, stay in Boulder or Denver?
- 7 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 8 New York City Restaurants
- 9 Searching For The Rhythm Of Florida
- 10 Cabaret seating at Studio 54 - huh?
- 11 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 12 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 13 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 14 Alexandria or Georgetown
- 15 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 16 Spring Has Officially Sprung in Central Park
- 17 Family Camp in Maine
- 18 Hardly Strictly Bluegrass
- 19 San Diego
- 20 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon
- 21 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 22 Timeshare Nightmares
- 23 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 24 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 25 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier