I plan on going to Newport very early sunday morning to spend the day with my mother and brother, she loves to eat, shop and loves the water, the more reseach I do about newport the bigger the place seems, since i dont want to waste too much time trying to find a prime area, can anyone tell me the best area to go too and that will be suffiecient to spend a good 6-8 hours in. I would like to do waterfront shopping, some light lunch, then some dinner before we hit the road, if before that I would like to possibly do a mansion tour as well, we definetley love to walk so thats not a problem, but I dont want to spend too much time running around once were there, a short drive from one area to another isnt bad, but I heard driving later in the afternoon and parking are tough towrds the mid afternoon, can some one lay out a possible itinerary to see a beautifual area of newport for a day...the way it looks from the web I know we will be headed back, thank you.
Newport Rhode Island it is...now where to go
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Any feedback on our roadtrip schedule would be much appreciated!
- 2 united and carry-ons
- 3 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 4 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 5 Near Plum Island, MA ...what to see and do?
- 6 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 7 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 8 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 9 Car rental through Priceline bidding
- 10 Restaurants in Charleston, SC
- 11 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 12 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 13 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 14 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 15 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 16 And now...The 100 Best Things to Eat in Philadelphia
- 17 Road Trip Sept/Oct (4 weeks) Key West-Carolina's-Nashville-Memphis-Dallas-Denver
- 18 Philadelphia
- 19 Arizona road trip any changes?
- 20 USA with a 3 year old
- 21 First family ski trip
- 22 NYC theatre broadway
- 23 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 24 Universal studios/Orlando
- 25 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations