We (4 adults) are thinking of going to Newport in mid to late January to celebrate my birthday & my SIL's birthday. I just went on to the website for the mansions to find out if they are open during the winter, but the schedule only went up to Jan 3. Does that mean the mansions aren't open in January or they haven't updated their website? Are most of the restaurants open in January, and if so, can anyone make recommendations? What else is there to do besides the mansions? We've been to Newport before but only during the summer. Is the Cliff Walk walkable in January or would it be too cold???
Thanks for any advice/help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Destination and route guidance needed for Oct trip to New England.
- 2 10 Year Anniversary Dinner in NYC
- 3 Towing a camper trailer during January
- 4 Yellowstone
- 5 Any off site car rental agencies around JFK?
- 6 Summer mountains and lakes with kids
- 7 costco Big island
- 8 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 9 Napili in Maui with toddlers?
- 10 Which island for R&R?
- 11 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
- 12 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 13 Olympic NP w/toddler
- 14 Great trip to Portsmouth, NH and Portland, ME
- 15 Scenic road trip northeast Pennsylvania to Charlotte
- 16 Your Favorite Restaurant in Annapolis
- 17 Montana dude ranch recommendation
- 18 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 19 20th Anniversary NYC Fringe Festival
- 20 Pls help keep dolphins happy & healthy
- 21 November redwoods trip
- 22 Road Trip/Excursions for a weekend outside of Denver
- 23 1.5 Days in Boston with 3 little ones
- 24 EWR to Staten Island 9:50PM
- 25 NYC Airport transport (well, Newark)