We (4 adults) are thinking of going to Newport in mid to late January to celebrate my birthday & my SIL's birthday. I just went on to the website for the mansions to find out if they are open during the winter, but the schedule only went up to Jan 3. Does that mean the mansions aren't open in January or they haven't updated their website? Are most of the restaurants open in January, and if so, can anyone make recommendations? What else is there to do besides the mansions? We've been to Newport before but only during the summer. Is the Cliff Walk walkable in January or would it be too cold???
Thanks for any advice/help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Francisco during Super Bowl week
- 2 Cape Cod
- 3 Whale Watching in Kauai
- 4 Room With Balcony and Ocean View: $250-$300
- 5 Summer Vaca Destination for families driving from Michigan and Georgia?
- 6 reliable transportation across florida
- 7 Jazz Fest shuttle buses
- 8 Moving to DC ( Nova area) Please help me
- 9 Camping in Yellowstone? Good idea for a family?
- 10 Grand Circle Road Trip
- 11 3/31-5/29 New Tracy Letts Play!
- 12 Las Vegas loop
- 13 Car-less in Atlanta (by Train)
- 14 Redwood National Forest
- 15 Grand Canyon Helicopter Ride
- 16 Driving from NY to Boston in February
- 17 Uber and Miami
- 18 Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor - how to get to the city?
- 19 Springfield, Illinois and no car. Worth a slight detour?
- 20 Itinary for Maui - help please
- 21 camping in the Finger Lakes region
- 22 Safe travel route from Medford, Oregon to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- 23 4 days in wine country. Where should we stay?
- 24 How many days to spend in San Francisco, LA & Las vegas?
- 25 Which hotel in Washington, D.C.?