I'm new to this part of the forum, so far I've only been active (not very active, so be honest) in the Europe forums.
I'm in the very, very early stages of preparing a trip to New York City. I want to go in 2014 - before that I need to save for it- the problem is when in the year to go. I'm a teacher, so I have to go during school holidays, I can't choose other dates. So, the possibilities are the Easter holidays (I get 17-28 April free in 2014) or August.
I'm Spanish, so I'm used to heat and humidity, and usually travel in the summer. But I think that in this case, April might be better. What do you recommend? Are many things - attractions, shows...- closed in August? Or in Easter? (I think not in Easter, New ourk being a multi-cultural city) what's the weather like in April?
Thanks a lot for your help.
New York: when to go?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 2 Advanced Reservations for USS Arizona Memorial Available Again
- 3 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 4 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 5 charleston during Christmas Week
- 6 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 7 Tipping advice
- 8 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 9 Tuscon to Las Vegas Drive in December
- 10 Dad and daughter trip to Santa Fe
- 11 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 12 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 13 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation
- 14 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 15 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 16 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 17 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 18 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 19 Key West Hotel in January
- 20 los angeles restaurants
- 21 West Maui Restaurants
- 22 2 or 3 nights in Hana
- 23 Hawaii or Rio for male single traveler
- 24 7 things to do under $21 in Las Vegas
- 25 Cheapest, best to get from San Fran Airport to Hotel in Fina. District?