I'm new to this part of the forum, so far I've only been active (not very active, so be honest) in the Europe forums.
I'm in the very, very early stages of preparing a trip to New York City. I want to go in 2014 - before that I need to save for it- the problem is when in the year to go. I'm a teacher, so I have to go during school holidays, I can't choose other dates. So, the possibilities are the Easter holidays (I get 17-28 April free in 2014) or August.
I'm Spanish, so I'm used to heat and humidity, and usually travel in the summer. But I think that in this case, April might be better. What do you recommend? Are many things - attractions, shows...- closed in August? Or in Easter? (I think not in Easter, New ourk being a multi-cultural city) what's the weather like in April?
Thanks a lot for your help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Two Seniors Visit NOLA, Cajuns and MS, Leave Wiser
- 2 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 3 Northwest Passage
- 4 Travelling to Colorado for the First Time - What Should I See and Do?
- 5 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 6 Flipkey may be worse the vrbo
- 7 Tioga Rd closed May-Oct??
- 8 Pacific Coast Highway 1st Timer
- 9 Yosemite, Sequoia, Kings Canyon in June 2018
- 10 Cleveland in 36 hours
- 11 Easter Week in Key West April 2017
- 12 17 DAYS - NATIONAL PARKS (LOOP FROM VEGAS)
- 13 Northwest Car Trip
- 14 Vegas to Grand Canyon by car in a day
- 15 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 16 Inexpensive NYC Meals 2.0
- 17 Hotel near Marlins Park
- 18 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 19 All you can eat lobster in vegas and caviar
- 20 Family Colorado Road Trip
- 21 fairfeld inn or Hampton inn
- 22 Springfield, IL to Louisville, KY best route
- 23 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 24 NE Itinerary - Thoughts?
- 25 Fodor's Walt Disney World 2017 travel guide