I'm new to this part of the forum, so far I've only been active (not very active, so be honest) in the Europe forums.
I'm in the very, very early stages of preparing a trip to New York City. I want to go in 2014 - before that I need to save for it- the problem is when in the year to go. I'm a teacher, so I have to go during school holidays, I can't choose other dates. So, the possibilities are the Easter holidays (I get 17-28 April free in 2014) or August.
I'm Spanish, so I'm used to heat and humidity, and usually travel in the summer. But I think that in this case, April might be better. What do you recommend? Are many things - attractions, shows...- closed in August? Or in Easter? (I think not in Easter, New ourk being a multi-cultural city) what's the weather like in April?
Thanks a lot for your help.
New York: when to go?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 First family ski trip
- 2 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 3 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 4 5 nights in/around Yellowstone w/ kids
- 5 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 6 Restaurants in Charleston, SC
- 7 NYC theatre broadway
- 8 Alaska
- 9 San Diego grocery stores
- 10 San Diego parks and attractions
- 11 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 12 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 13 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah
- 14 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 15 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 16 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 17 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 18 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 19 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 20 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 21 Other places like Chautauqua Institution
- 22 Anchorage Sheraton Hotel and Spa
- 23 Visiting Denver
- 24 Visiting Denver
- 25 Planning family gathering in Sedona