I'm new to this part of the forum, so far I've only been active (not very active, so be honest) in the Europe forums.
I'm in the very, very early stages of preparing a trip to New York City. I want to go in 2014 - before that I need to save for it- the problem is when in the year to go. I'm a teacher, so I have to go during school holidays, I can't choose other dates. So, the possibilities are the Easter holidays (I get 17-28 April free in 2014) or August.
I'm Spanish, so I'm used to heat and humidity, and usually travel in the summer. But I think that in this case, April might be better. What do you recommend? Are many things - attractions, shows...- closed in August? Or in Easter? (I think not in Easter, New ourk being a multi-cultural city) what's the weather like in April?
Thanks a lot for your help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 watching solar eclipse in Portland
- 2 First Time to Seattle-Portland-Willamette Valley
- 3 Logistics of long-distance car rental
- 4 Hawaii wedding
- 5 Luau Worth the Money or Not?
- 6 Lava Bike & Hike Tour - Kalapana, Hawaii
- 7 3wks in USA, flying in & out of LA, in Jan 2018
- 8 Adventure Travel in Kenai Peninsula
- 9 12 Must-Read Rental Car & Road Trip Planning Tips
- 10 Oregon Coast with 1, 4 and 6, year old
- 11 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 12 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 13 Charlottesville & NC BBQ Trip Report
- 14 Looking for quiet beach vacation in Florida
- 15 Oregon Coast question
- 16 California road trip
- 17 Blackwater Falls State Park Lodge vs. Canaan Valley Resort
- 18 Used point to reserve room now a friend wants to stay for free
- 19 Grand Canyon in February?? Doable?
- 20 Self-Guided Walking Tours For Savannah and Charleston
- 21 Moving to Montana
- 22 WNY, Cleveland, and Niagara on the Lake
- 23 Makana Charter Reviews in Kauai?
- 24 Tetons, Yellowstone help
- 25 Solo Trip to Mid-West