I'm new to this part of the forum, so far I've only been active (not very active, so be honest) in the Europe forums.
I'm in the very, very early stages of preparing a trip to New York City. I want to go in 2014 - before that I need to save for it- the problem is when in the year to go. I'm a teacher, so I have to go during school holidays, I can't choose other dates. So, the possibilities are the Easter holidays (I get 17-28 April free in 2014) or August.
I'm Spanish, so I'm used to heat and humidity, and usually travel in the summer. But I think that in this case, April might be better. What do you recommend? Are many things - attractions, shows...- closed in August? Or in Easter? (I think not in Easter, New ourk being a multi-cultural city) what's the weather like in April?
Thanks a lot for your help.
New York: when to go?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Florida--single woman seeks best beaches for swimming and
- 2 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 3 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 4 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 5 Napa Girls Getaway - Need hotel advice
- 6 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 7 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 8 Colorado in the summer!
- 9 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 10 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 11 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 12 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 13 Cab Cost from McCarren to Venetian Hotel?
- 14 Where can I best see Orca whales in the wild?
- 15 Brooklyn why?
- 16 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 17 NYC over Memorial Day Weekend 2014
- 18 Kennedy Space Center
- 19 Alexandria or Georgetown
- 20 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 21 5 week in US/Mexico
- 22 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 23 John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge at Tinicum
- 24 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving
- 25 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint