I'm new to this part of the forum, so far I've only been active (not very active, so be honest) in the Europe forums.
I'm in the very, very early stages of preparing a trip to New York City. I want to go in 2014 - before that I need to save for it- the problem is when in the year to go. I'm a teacher, so I have to go during school holidays, I can't choose other dates. So, the possibilities are the Easter holidays (I get 17-28 April free in 2014) or August.
I'm Spanish, so I'm used to heat and humidity, and usually travel in the summer. But I think that in this case, April might be better. What do you recommend? Are many things - attractions, shows...- closed in August? Or in Easter? (I think not in Easter, New ourk being a multi-cultural city) what's the weather like in April?
Thanks a lot for your help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 A day in Boston
- 2 Universal Orlando 2.5 days
- 3 Detroit - Something Fun to Do?
- 4 1st trip to Colorado
- 5 Niagara Falls.
- 6 Trip Starting from New York
- 7 60th birthday trip to Vermont, NH, Maine in October
- 8 Maui in October? Hyatt Regency, or quieter spot??
- 9 Where in NOLA to stay?
- 10 Limited time on Maui: Advice please
- 11 ONE WAY car rental from NYC to BOS
- 12 road trip during husbands bday
- 13 Sunday gospel mass in Harlem
- 14 Juneau cruise stop
- 15 Jazz and dinner -- Chicago
- 16 Thanksgiving Day in NYC
- 17 Nat Park Trip in Utah - Too Much??
- 18 California Summer weather/ clothing
- 19 cruising the Mississippi river
- 20 Your favourite places in New York City
- 21 DC to Harrisonburg- need good hike
- 22 New England Canada Road Trip
- 23 Travel between Orlando and Boston.
- 24 Southwest charging USD15/ for early bird check in
- 25 The city never sleeps, but we needed to