I'm new to this part of the forum, so far I've only been active (not very active, so be honest) in the Europe forums.
I'm in the very, very early stages of preparing a trip to New York City. I want to go in 2014 - before that I need to save for it- the problem is when in the year to go. I'm a teacher, so I have to go during school holidays, I can't choose other dates. So, the possibilities are the Easter holidays (I get 17-28 April free in 2014) or August.
I'm Spanish, so I'm used to heat and humidity, and usually travel in the summer. But I think that in this case, April might be better. What do you recommend? Are many things - attractions, shows...- closed in August? Or in Easter? (I think not in Easter, New ourk being a multi-cultural city) what's the weather like in April?
Thanks a lot for your help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Diego, Yosemite, Napa
- 2 Paying for Permit Land Crossing USA to Mexico
- 3 Hawaii - where?
- 4 Boston/Cape/ Back to Boston (Or Have we Made a Big Mistake?)
- 5 Request Driving tips from Zion NP, UT to San Francisco?
- 6 Austin, TX to Seattle. Road trip with two dogs
- 7 what western states to spend the most time in
- 8 Denver CO what to do arriving at 8am
- 9 Memphis to New Orleans Trip
- 10 Advice Road trip 15 days California Grand Canyon
- 11 San Francisco accommodation suggestions for November
- 12 Little Compton, RI
- 13 Trail Ridge Probably Not Open
- 14 Moab UT Accommendations
- 15 A week in NYC - first timers
- 16 Colorado Winter Wedding Venue
- 17 Help with itinerary...4 days in DC
- 18 Las vegas to Kingston, NY - 7/8 days- June 4th
- 19 New Orleans/long weekend in September
- 20 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 21 New York Pass Yes or No ???
- 22 San Francisco & West Hollywood restaurants
- 23 Retiring in Florida
- 24 Help with first time
- 25 NJ to Florida drive