I'm new to this part of the forum, so far I've only been active (not very active, so be honest) in the Europe forums.
I'm in the very, very early stages of preparing a trip to New York City. I want to go in 2014 - before that I need to save for it- the problem is when in the year to go. I'm a teacher, so I have to go during school holidays, I can't choose other dates. So, the possibilities are the Easter holidays (I get 17-28 April free in 2014) or August.
I'm Spanish, so I'm used to heat and humidity, and usually travel in the summer. But I think that in this case, April might be better. What do you recommend? Are many things - attractions, shows...- closed in August? Or in Easter? (I think not in Easter, New ourk being a multi-cultural city) what's the weather like in April?
Thanks a lot for your help.
New York: when to go?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Eating at south Lake Tahoe
- 2 Dec / Jan in the USA- advice
- 3 Baltimore Inner Harbor to DC - without a car; with luggage - suggestions?
- 4 Staying at holiday inn express midtown manhattan
- 5 Looking for Next Destination
- 6 TripReport--10 Utah Circle
- 7 Moving to New Jersey
- 8 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 9 Relaxing Honeymoon Week
- 10 Which Florida Key for one month stay with infant?
- 11 St. Simon, Georgia
- 12 Planning for Fall Foliage in NE, Oct 2015
- 13 Low Country Honor Flight to Washington DC
- 14 6 Days in NYC and then to Orlando - Best way to fly?
- 15 West Coast Road Trip
- 16 103rd annual northern Navajo nation fair
- 17 Need Minnesota leaf color reports
- 18 Best Sonoma wineries you've never heard of
- 19 Dressing up for theatre in new york
- 20 Travel between Maui and Big Island
- 21 Glacier NP & Yellowstone NP 8 day trip Itinerary
- 22 Trip Report - New York & Washington DC – May 30 – June 4, 2014
- 23 Petoskey Fall Break?
- 24 California
- 25 4 day trip from Denver this fall - First time in the Rockies - Where to go?