I'm new to this part of the forum, so far I've only been active (not very active, so be honest) in the Europe forums.
I'm in the very, very early stages of preparing a trip to New York City. I want to go in 2014 - before that I need to save for it- the problem is when in the year to go. I'm a teacher, so I have to go during school holidays, I can't choose other dates. So, the possibilities are the Easter holidays (I get 17-28 April free in 2014) or August.
I'm Spanish, so I'm used to heat and humidity, and usually travel in the summer. But I think that in this case, April might be better. What do you recommend? Are many things - attractions, shows...- closed in August? Or in Easter? (I think not in Easter, New ourk being a multi-cultural city) what's the weather like in April?
Thanks a lot for your help.
New York: when to go?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel near the Miami airport
- 2 Girls Weekend Trip to Sarasota/Tampa Florida Area
- 3 Where to from Tampa?
- 4 Looking for a travel loop in Arizona (Las Vegas to Tucson & back)
- 5 Is the New York subway safe?
- 6 Special Occasion/Fancy Dress shops in South Florida
- 7 Grand Canyon , Zion and Bryce Itinerary suggestions
- 8 Three nights in Chicago -- a report
- 9 USA and Canada in 2 months
- 10 kuai and maui top 10 to see list
- 11 DC in Dec-Restaurant ideas near Hilton Mark Alexandria
- 12 I am turning 60 and boy do I need help with my trip!
- 13 Richmond to Oklahoma City Slowly: what not to miss?
- 14 Take the T or cab from Logan
- 15 Elephant Man Preview on Broadway with Bradley Cooper
- 16 One less trip on the Bucket List - Visit to New York City
- 17 Chicago Questions
- 18 Hotel in Newton outside Boston - need transportation and related advice
- 19 Best way to see South & Central Florida in a week.
- 20 Recommendations for things to do near San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina
- 21 Accommodations in Floriday keys
- 22 Chicago eateries downtown
- 23 Lake Rabun Hotel
- 24 Tell me about Santa Catalina Island
- 25 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas II