I'm new to this part of the forum, so far I've only been active (not very active, so be honest) in the Europe forums.
I'm in the very, very early stages of preparing a trip to New York City. I want to go in 2014 - before that I need to save for it- the problem is when in the year to go. I'm a teacher, so I have to go during school holidays, I can't choose other dates. So, the possibilities are the Easter holidays (I get 17-28 April free in 2014) or August.
I'm Spanish, so I'm used to heat and humidity, and usually travel in the summer. But I think that in this case, April might be better. What do you recommend? Are many things - attractions, shows...- closed in August? Or in Easter? (I think not in Easter, New ourk being a multi-cultural city) what's the weather like in April?
Thanks a lot for your help.
New York: when to go?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 2 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 3 John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge at Tinicum
- 4 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 5 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 6 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 7 Kennedy Space Center
- 8 5 week in US/Mexico
- 9 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving
- 10 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 11 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 12 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 13 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 14 Book ahead for weekends this spring in Asheville, NC
- 15 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 16 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014
- 17 Albuquerque Recommendations
- 18 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 19 San Diego Itinerary-- Suggestions???
- 20 Jersey City Parking
- 21 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 22 Audio Driving Tour Big Island and Oahu
- 23 Asheville NC without a car
- 24 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 25 Myrtle Beach