I'm new to this part of the forum, so far I've only been active (not very active, so be honest) in the Europe forums.
I'm in the very, very early stages of preparing a trip to New York City. I want to go in 2014 - before that I need to save for it- the problem is when in the year to go. I'm a teacher, so I have to go during school holidays, I can't choose other dates. So, the possibilities are the Easter holidays (I get 17-28 April free in 2014) or August.
I'm Spanish, so I'm used to heat and humidity, and usually travel in the summer. But I think that in this case, April might be better. What do you recommend? Are many things - attractions, shows...- closed in August? Or in Easter? (I think not in Easter, New ourk being a multi-cultural city) what's the weather like in April?
Thanks a lot for your help.
New York: when to go?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road trip to the Deep South revisited......itinerary for your perusal
- 2 Charleston, SC help
- 3 Ideas for a family on a roadtrip around Denver and Utah
- 4 Caklifornia & Oregon
- 5 Best First Thing to Do in Manhattan - & Advice re Itinerary!
- 6 Chattanooga to Washington DC via Blue Ridge Parkway
- 7 Bar Harbor Maine or Mystic Connecticut in August.
- 8 San Francisco to LA or LA to San Francisco ?!?
- 9 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 10 Kauai - day trips to North shore and Waimea Canyon/Kokee State Park
- 11 middlebury vt snow
- 12 Oakland CA restaurants near Fox Theater ... maybe even a hotel?
- 13 Need help with San Juan Islands lodging
- 14 Atlantic coast and mountain vacation
- 15 Seattle in July: Warwick or Maxwell hotel
- 16 What is the weather like in Kona in November?
- 17 Rapid City to Yellowstone Route
- 18 Deep South sept 2015
- 19 Self guided White House tour
- 20 Northwest USA
- 21 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 22 More than one hotel at Disney World?
- 23 New York City- Henri Matisse Cutouts at MOMA
- 24 Portland, OR hotel question
- 25 Santa Fe Area Hiking Early June - 3 full days.