I'm new to this part of the forum, so far I've only been active (not very active, so be honest) in the Europe forums.
I'm in the very, very early stages of preparing a trip to New York City. I want to go in 2014 - before that I need to save for it- the problem is when in the year to go. I'm a teacher, so I have to go during school holidays, I can't choose other dates. So, the possibilities are the Easter holidays (I get 17-28 April free in 2014) or August.
I'm Spanish, so I'm used to heat and humidity, and usually travel in the summer. But I think that in this case, April might be better. What do you recommend? Are many things - attractions, shows...- closed in August? Or in Easter? (I think not in Easter, New ourk being a multi-cultural city) what's the weather like in April?
Thanks a lot for your help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 My Topic TitlePalm Springs at the Last MInute, Help Please!
- 2 Salt Lake City to Northern California or Oregon trip
- 3 Another Quick NYC Trip - Food Ideas?
- 4 Staying at Belvedere in Sept--how early to make reservations?
- 5 Pittsburgh Trip
- 6 10 days in Arizona
- 7 AC Hotels cheap by clean
- 8 Parking fine
- 9 Berkshires with a toddler
- 10 Glacier National Park, should we cancel our plans?
- 11 Condos in Kauai and Big Island
- 12 Hotel/motel recom. for Cape Cod
- 13 My Maine Trip Report
- 14 Late Aug/early Sept with 15 month old - where to?
- 15 hilicopter tour oahu
- 16 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
- 17 After FL and CA, where else in the US with a 7-year-old?
- 18 Where to stay for 1 night near Morgantown WV
- 19 CA AZ UT NV Road Trip
- 20 Good VRBO Neighborhoods in New Orleans?
- 21 Itin Help: S St Seaport, Battery Park, B'wahy
- 22 San Diego Clothing Help (woman)
- 23 The Southern Coast of Maine 3 nights
- 24 a lovely week in Grand Lake
- 25 Hotel reservations in/near Denali NP