Let me start this discussion by saying that I have been a long time resident of NYC and I thought I knew the weather pattern there quite well, but having lived outside the country for almost 5 years it seems I can't remember things quite so well, so I need your help!
We are planning to take of 8 yr old girl to NYC to show her the place where she was born and spent the first few years. We have 2 windows in the year when we can travel - first 2 weeks in April or first 2 weeks of Aug. Of these 2, which one would be better? Aug can get really hot, but probably more predictable than April? Early April could be cool to downright cold. How has it been the past year?
Planning a break from work wise, April is easier for us, however it is not exactly condusive to picnics in Central park...I am very confused, please help!
New York - visit on early April or early Aug?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Charming,not too expensive restaurant recommendations needed
- 2 Oregon- Crater Lake and Mount Hood vs Montana- Glacier Bay National Park
- 3 Tipping advice
- 4 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 5 August 2015 Western Roadtrip Route? 30 days...Two 22-year-old Girls
- 6 Durango to Mesa Verde
- 7 New Orleans help please
- 8 Tuscon to Las Vegas Drive in December
- 9 5 Days in San Antonio and Austin Texas
- 10 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 11 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 12 Transportation from Newark airport to Secaucus
- 13 USA New York City: First-time Visitors
- 14 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 15 los angeles restaurants
- 16 "American in Paris" on Broadway
- 17 New Year's Eve in Philadelphia
- 18 Philadelphia accommodation thoughts
- 19 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 20 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 21 From NY to Miami with 3 teenage kids
- 22 NW Houston restaurant help
- 23 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 24 Restaurant in NYC advice
- 25 Solo Female Traveller to New Orleans