Let me start this discussion by saying that I have been a long time resident of NYC and I thought I knew the weather pattern there quite well, but having lived outside the country for almost 5 years it seems I can't remember things quite so well, so I need your help!
We are planning to take of 8 yr old girl to NYC to show her the place where she was born and spent the first few years. We have 2 windows in the year when we can travel - first 2 weeks in April or first 2 weeks of Aug. Of these 2, which one would be better? Aug can get really hot, but probably more predictable than April? Early April could be cool to downright cold. How has it been the past year?
Planning a break from work wise, April is easier for us, however it is not exactly condusive to picnics in Central park...I am very confused, please help!
New York - visit on early April or early Aug?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Please help with four days in Boston-Cambridge-Salem
- 2 Full moon night in Mansarovar Lake on 02 June 2015 (Purnima)
- 3 WEST YELLOWSTONE TO GLACIER NP?
- 4 Hotels near beach orange county
- 5 Coronado Ferry
- 6 trip outside of San Francisco with kids
- 7 Hotel Recommendations For Rapid City, SD?
- 8 Have you ever heard of a place called Page, Arz?
- 9 Washington and oregon help with itinerary
- 10 Colorado trip in early May
- 11 Zion Shuttle Bus Info
- 12 Grand Marais?
- 13 8 day honeymoon around Leavenworth and Seattle
- 14 Acoma vs. Taos Pueblos
- 15 Maine in latter half of September
- 16 Seattle hotels
- 17 Seattle in April
- 18 Seattle Visit April
- 19 Seattle to LA (or not).
- 20 Italian cookies in Minneapolis area
- 21 Unique but reasonable restaurants in Las Vegas
- 22 SC/GA/FL Coastal City Questions & Insect Issues
- 23 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 24 Colorado trip
- 25 NY to Asheville then country place to stay