Let me start this discussion by saying that I have been a long time resident of NYC and I thought I knew the weather pattern there quite well, but having lived outside the country for almost 5 years it seems I can't remember things quite so well, so I need your help!
We are planning to take of 8 yr old girl to NYC to show her the place where she was born and spent the first few years. We have 2 windows in the year when we can travel - first 2 weeks in April or first 2 weeks of Aug. Of these 2, which one would be better? Aug can get really hot, but probably more predictable than April? Early April could be cool to downright cold. How has it been the past year?
Planning a break from work wise, April is easier for us, however it is not exactly condusive to picnics in Central park...I am very confused, please help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Novel in Progress
- 2 Lunch near 9/11 Memorial
- 3 RV road trip from CA to Idaho, Montana, Wyoming
- 4 5 Days in Charleston and Savannah in December?
- 5 Eating Well In Manhatten
- 6 Rental car between Providence, RI and Woodstock CT
- 7 Trip Report National Parks Utah in October 2017
- 8 Short Notice
- 9 Utah National Parks Itinerary help please
- 10 Lodging Grand Canyon South Rim
- 11 Pacific Grove/Carmel CA area
- 12 Pawley's Island, SC Favorite Restaurants?
- 13 Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, South Dakota trip report
- 14 Inn at Key West
- 15 Acadia/Bar Harbor in early June
- 16 8 day Road Trip! Spokane to New Orleans
- 17 Black History Museum
- 18 Advice needed: first trip to Hawaii
- 19 Another Great DC Trip
- 20 Chicago 2017
- 21 I Hiked the Grand Canyon Down & Up in One Day!
- 22 arizona rte 66
- 23 Yellowstone/Glacier - a cabin with a view
- 24 Food & Wine Festival at Epcot
- 25 West coast to East Coast in April-May 2018