Let me start this discussion by saying that I have been a long time resident of NYC and I thought I knew the weather pattern there quite well, but having lived outside the country for almost 5 years it seems I can't remember things quite so well, so I need your help!
We are planning to take of 8 yr old girl to NYC to show her the place where she was born and spent the first few years. We have 2 windows in the year when we can travel - first 2 weeks in April or first 2 weeks of Aug. Of these 2, which one would be better? Aug can get really hot, but probably more predictable than April? Early April could be cool to downright cold. How has it been the past year?
Planning a break from work wise, April is easier for us, however it is not exactly condusive to picnics in Central park...I am very confused, please help!
New York - visit on early April or early Aug?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Cross Country RV Trip
- 2 Active Vacation
- 3 1st time DC-NYC for family of 5 - Need itinerary advice
- 4 Park Central Hotel via Priceline uh-oh
- 5 Petrified national forest, AZ
- 6 New York (for women turning 50th) 2015
- 7 Business in San diego and then a weeks vacation?
- 8 Weekend road trip from Omaha
- 9 Less than a day in Seattle area
- 10 Portland, OR hotel question
- 11 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 12 Northern California in February
- 13 Need help with San Juan Islands lodging
- 14 Mother Daughter Trip
- 15 Yosemite in Winter
- 16 Florida or caribbean
- 17 Deep South sept 2015
- 18 Orlando in March
- 19 First Trip to California with Family of 6
- 20 NYC - Taxi Cost JFK to Upper West Side
- 21 Miami Marlins
- 22 Flying New Orleans-Burlington Vt, which airline? Where should I connect?
- 23 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 24 Louisiana Hotel Questions
- 25 Quick SoCal question