Let me start this discussion by saying that I have been a long time resident of NYC and I thought I knew the weather pattern there quite well, but having lived outside the country for almost 5 years it seems I can't remember things quite so well, so I need your help!
We are planning to take of 8 yr old girl to NYC to show her the place where she was born and spent the first few years. We have 2 windows in the year when we can travel - first 2 weeks in April or first 2 weeks of Aug. Of these 2, which one would be better? Aug can get really hot, but probably more predictable than April? Early April could be cool to downright cold. How has it been the past year?
Planning a break from work wise, April is easier for us, however it is not exactly condusive to picnics in Central park...I am very confused, please help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Another Quick NYC Trip - Food Ideas?
- 2 Clean One bedroom for $50-$70 a week
- 3 Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Yellowstone, Tetons
- 4 9 days from Acadia to Providence RI
- 5 Driving route: Monument Valley to Moab on hot day
- 6 Does the "Real USA" (still) exist?
- 7 SUV v. Minivan for national park summer driving or does it not matter?
- 8 NYC itinerary 5 days
- 9 Seattle, WA to Redondo Beach, CA December
- 10 Traveling alone to Las Vegas
- 11 Study in America
- 12 Where to stay in South Carolina?
- 13 Florida Family vacation in California
- 14 walking it off in North Beach and Chinatown
- 15 Planning first trip to New Orleans - advice?
- 16 Itinerary advice first time to USA SF-YNP-LV-LA-SF
- 17 Philadelphia to Boston
- 18 Lake Winnipesauke, NH
- 19 Six Flags and Lake George, NY
- 20 Mokulele Airlines Hawaii
- 21 Where to stay in Hill Country in Texas
- 22 Restaurants in Sanibel/Captiva
- 23 Yosemite Visit
- 24 Staying at Belvedere in Sept--how early to make reservations?
- 25 New York City Christmas 2015