Let me start this discussion by saying that I have been a long time resident of NYC and I thought I knew the weather pattern there quite well, but having lived outside the country for almost 5 years it seems I can't remember things quite so well, so I need your help!
We are planning to take of 8 yr old girl to NYC to show her the place where she was born and spent the first few years. We have 2 windows in the year when we can travel - first 2 weeks in April or first 2 weeks of Aug. Of these 2, which one would be better? Aug can get really hot, but probably more predictable than April? Early April could be cool to downright cold. How has it been the past year?
Planning a break from work wise, April is easier for us, however it is not exactly condusive to picnics in Central park...I am very confused, please help!
New York - visit on early April or early Aug?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 A few questions about going to Yellowstone
- 2 A Love Letter to NYC (in Photos)
- 3 What's a good one-day tour from LasVegas to Bryce Canyon?
- 4 Central Coast-California
- 5 Sightsee in Atlanta During Layover?
- 6 Alaska restaurant prices
- 7 Shenandoah National Park
- 8 Fairmont or Paia Inn
- 9 Dallas - Fort Worth Airport Hotels
- 10 Carlsbad Cavern area - New Mexico ... Lodging
- 11 Xmas in Key West: Come on Vacation, Leave on Probation
- 12 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 13 Cape Cod Beaches requiring foot sanitation.
- 14 More Wine les Whine in Napa
- 15 Please help with four days in Boston-Cambridge-Salem
- 16 SC/GA/FL Coastal City Questions & Insect Issues
- 17 Whcih is the best fashion store chain
- 18 San Francisco food suggestions?
- 19 Itinerary Help - options.
- 20 Day trip out of NYC - without car
- 21 Another Key West trip in the books!
- 22 Daytona Beach and ??
- 23 What is the best place to spend in summers in Texas?
- 24 Mukilteo to Whidbey Is. via Deception Pass & a ferry return??
- 25 Hawaii is still Hell