Let me start this discussion by saying that I have been a long time resident of NYC and I thought I knew the weather pattern there quite well, but having lived outside the country for almost 5 years it seems I can't remember things quite so well, so I need your help!
We are planning to take of 8 yr old girl to NYC to show her the place where she was born and spent the first few years. We have 2 windows in the year when we can travel - first 2 weeks in April or first 2 weeks of Aug. Of these 2, which one would be better? Aug can get really hot, but probably more predictable than April? Early April could be cool to downright cold. How has it been the past year?
Planning a break from work wise, April is easier for us, however it is not exactly condusive to picnics in Central park...I am very confused, please help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Bryce and Zion planning
- 2 Boston Restaurant suggestion
- 3 Boston with baby
- 4 Favorite restaurants in Savannah
- 5 Alaska trip rough Itinerary for Sep 2017
- 6 I continue to be stumped by amtrak...advice?
- 7 Where to go: Dallas-Austin-Houston-San Antonio
- 8 Trip to Palm Springs and San Diego
- 9 Sacramento Hotel
- 10 USA family tour
- 11 Feinsteins 54 Below
- 12 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 13 Philly Itinerary Help
- 14 4 days road trip southern New England
- 15 How to spend a few days in mid June near Oakland
- 16 Road Trip Florida to Maine
- 17 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 18 California Coast Road Trip Itinerary Help
- 19 Overnight between Moab and Grand Canyon village
- 20 Driving Hwy 12 from Missoula Mr ro Walla Walla WA
- 21 Little Bighorn, beartooth, Yellowstone, Tetons, Jackson hole, Cody
- 22 Quick trip to Poughkeepsie area
- 23 Road Trip-San Francisco and Los Angeles
- 24 Hawaiian Honeymoon - Hotel Advice
- 25 Sky Harbor to Tucson shuttle