Let me start this discussion by saying that I have been a long time resident of NYC and I thought I knew the weather pattern there quite well, but having lived outside the country for almost 5 years it seems I can't remember things quite so well, so I need your help!
We are planning to take of 8 yr old girl to NYC to show her the place where she was born and spent the first few years. We have 2 windows in the year when we can travel - first 2 weeks in April or first 2 weeks of Aug. Of these 2, which one would be better? Aug can get really hot, but probably more predictable than April? Early April could be cool to downright cold. How has it been the past year?
Planning a break from work wise, April is easier for us, however it is not exactly condusive to picnics in Central park...I am very confused, please help!
New York - visit on early April or early Aug?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Alaska Trip Planning
- 2 Connecticut Highway 1. Should we do it?
- 3 4 Days in Kauai what to see and do
- 4 new york subway help please
- 5 Lake Tahoe - May Vacation Advice
- 6 Boston to see Sargent works
- 7 Pacific Coast Highway from Los Angeles to San Francisco
- 8 Pet-Friendly near I-95 N. Florida/S. Georgia for yappy dogs?
- 9 GTG Boston-Cambridge July 12
- 10 Moving out of states from Florida
- 11 Utah: Zion for sure, Arches or Bryce?
- 12 Navajo Trail in Bryce Canyon -- what to do when Wall Street closed??
- 13 Atlanta to LA
- 14 Driving from RI to NB, Best Place to Overnight in Maine?
- 15 Colorado Springs to Durango 9 days
- 16 Washington DC to Texas via Jacksonville, FL
- 17 Things to do in La Jolla
- 18 final plans utah/arizona trip
- 19 Need tips for the best of downtown Chicago in 6 days
- 20 Feedback needed for our book club trip to New England
- 21 Traveling from Seattle to Parksville BC.
- 22 Best spot to see a sunrise in Boston
- 23 Casual dinner in the theater district
- 24 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 25 Traveling to Virginia Beach to Orlando