Let me start this discussion by saying that I have been a long time resident of NYC and I thought I knew the weather pattern there quite well, but having lived outside the country for almost 5 years it seems I can't remember things quite so well, so I need your help!
We are planning to take of 8 yr old girl to NYC to show her the place where she was born and spent the first few years. We have 2 windows in the year when we can travel - first 2 weeks in April or first 2 weeks of Aug. Of these 2, which one would be better? Aug can get really hot, but probably more predictable than April? Early April could be cool to downright cold. How has it been the past year?
Planning a break from work wise, April is easier for us, however it is not exactly condusive to picnics in Central park...I am very confused, please help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 hilicopter tour oahu
- 2 a lovely week in Grand Lake
- 3 Eugene, OR/Redwoods/San Francisco
- 4 San Diego Clothing Help (woman)
- 5 Hilton Hawaiian Village Resort
- 6 Glacier National Park, should we cancel our plans?
- 7 Afternoon in Philadelphia
- 8 Road trip from and back to New York
- 9 Where to Stay in Phoenix/Scottsdale?
- 10 Rocky Mountain National Park/Estes Park
- 11 Berkshires with a toddler
- 12 Nice area south of Muskegon for boating & ambience
- 13 Hoover Dam: best location for photos of the dam?
- 14 After FL and CA, where else in the US with a 7-year-old?
- 15 Boston travel to North Carolina
- 16 Best way to see Oahu
- 17 What area of San Diego to stay in?
- 18 CA coast road trip with kids
- 19 Vegas/California May 2016
- 20 Minnesota to Colorado
- 21 Pittsburgh Trip
- 22 Martha's Vineyard_Day Trip
- 23 Summer 2016 Group Vacation with young kids
- 24 Best centrally located hotel to see Santa Monica and Universal Studios?
- 25 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3