Let me start this discussion by saying that I have been a long time resident of NYC and I thought I knew the weather pattern there quite well, but having lived outside the country for almost 5 years it seems I can't remember things quite so well, so I need your help!
We are planning to take of 8 yr old girl to NYC to show her the place where she was born and spent the first few years. We have 2 windows in the year when we can travel - first 2 weeks in April or first 2 weeks of Aug. Of these 2, which one would be better? Aug can get really hot, but probably more predictable than April? Early April could be cool to downright cold. How has it been the past year?
Planning a break from work wise, April is easier for us, however it is not exactly condusive to picnics in Central park...I am very confused, please help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 2 hour radius of Boston 9/7
- 2 Farewell from Ira
- 3 Florida Keys with my retriever
- 4 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
- 5 Family vacation itinerary pointers
- 6 Mid September New England trip itinerary
- 7 Texas to New York Flight/Hotel Tips
- 8 Help with driving East to West
- 9 taking home sand
- 10 Anniversary Weekend in Charleston, South Carolina
- 11 Hudson Valley Drive Suggestions
- 12 Where to take big family on the beach?
- 13 Zion - Angel's Landing Trail Closed
- 14 Cashless Toll roads.
- 15 Long Weekend in KY: Bourbon Trail and Mammoth Cave
- 16 Broken Arrow
- 17 Need a corporate sedan in JFK
- 18 Champaigne, Illinois
- 19 Southern Cali itinerary help
- 20 Coronado, La Jolla, or Other?
- 21 Suggestions for Thanksgiving weekend on Cape Cod
- 22 Bed and Breakfasts in California
- 23 Once again, another great trip to DC (August 23-30)
- 24 Long weekend in New Orleans
- 25 Our explorations of the Hudson Valley & Catskills