Let me start this discussion by saying that I have been a long time resident of NYC and I thought I knew the weather pattern there quite well, but having lived outside the country for almost 5 years it seems I can't remember things quite so well, so I need your help!
We are planning to take of 8 yr old girl to NYC to show her the place where she was born and spent the first few years. We have 2 windows in the year when we can travel - first 2 weeks in April or first 2 weeks of Aug. Of these 2, which one would be better? Aug can get really hot, but probably more predictable than April? Early April could be cool to downright cold. How has it been the past year?
Planning a break from work wise, April is easier for us, however it is not exactly condusive to picnics in Central park...I am very confused, please help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 7 days in Colorado with Family
- 2 If you could have one meal in Vegas, what would it be?
- 3 Day Trip Reports? May/June
- 4 Mill Valley California Walks and Hikes
- 5 Taos area Spa or Resort Hotels
- 6 16 Days Utah National Parks
- 7 Brit worried about weather in Santa Barbara !
- 8 Boston--Another Art Mission
- 9 Visiting NYC - stay in Herlem or Jersey City?
- 10 Magazine St. and Garden District favorites
- 11 A quick trip to New Orleans - Dec 2010
- 12 large suitcase as carry-on on amtrak train
- 13 First Trip to New Orleans
- 14 Las Vegas Show Advice for Beatles Fan
- 15 Minneapolis to Yellowstone and back.
- 16 TRYP Hotel in NYC?
- 17 Off the beaten track in the deep south
- 18 How to break up trip between San Francisco and Laguna Niguel
- 19 15 Nt Feb Trip (7 in Waikiki). Possible to do South Kauai & Big Island?
- 20 Michigan advice needed
- 21 Nova Star
- 22 One day in Dallas
- 23 Best Colorado City?: hot summers, mild winters
- 24 Quick trip intp Manhattan from JFK
- 25 Yellowstone in the Winter