Let me start this discussion by saying that I have been a long time resident of NYC and I thought I knew the weather pattern there quite well, but having lived outside the country for almost 5 years it seems I can't remember things quite so well, so I need your help!
We are planning to take of 8 yr old girl to NYC to show her the place where she was born and spent the first few years. We have 2 windows in the year when we can travel - first 2 weeks in April or first 2 weeks of Aug. Of these 2, which one would be better? Aug can get really hot, but probably more predictable than April? Early April could be cool to downright cold. How has it been the past year?
Planning a break from work wise, April is easier for us, however it is not exactly condusive to picnics in Central park...I am very confused, please help!
New York - visit on early April or early Aug?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Which neighborhood to stay in that's convenient to Broadway shows?
- 2 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 3 4/30/2015 Driving Vegas to Newport Rhode Island - southern route
- 4 DC - WW2 flyover
- 5 Camping Generator!?
- 6 Does the Warner Brothers Tour (Burbank) actually sell out?
- 7 Minneapolis Parking
- 8 Ft. Myers, Fl airport rental agencies
- 9 How Do We Get from JFK to Stamford, CT?
- 10 3 Days in Northern California w Car- Itinerary Recommendations?
- 11 Lake Tahoe - May Vacation Advice
- 12 NC or SC Beach Escape
- 13 Best place to stay for Canyon de Chelly
- 14 New York City-New Things?
- 15 Feedback needed for our book club trip to New England
- 16 Which 2 islands to visit?
- 17 Fun girls' weekend in San Antonio - recommendations?
- 18 Best restaurants in Seattle
- 19 Alaska Trip Planning
- 20 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 21 Washington Monument Reservtions and timing ~ plus Paddleboats
- 22 Things to do in La Jolla
- 23 Northern California for 7 days in May
- 24 Traffic from Wine Country to SFO on weekday
- 25 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report