Let me start this discussion by saying that I have been a long time resident of NYC and I thought I knew the weather pattern there quite well, but having lived outside the country for almost 5 years it seems I can't remember things quite so well, so I need your help!
We are planning to take of 8 yr old girl to NYC to show her the place where she was born and spent the first few years. We have 2 windows in the year when we can travel - first 2 weeks in April or first 2 weeks of Aug. Of these 2, which one would be better? Aug can get really hot, but probably more predictable than April? Early April could be cool to downright cold. How has it been the past year?
Planning a break from work wise, April is easier for us, however it is not exactly condusive to picnics in Central park...I am very confused, please help!
New York - visit on early April or early Aug?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 2 Cute towns in VIrginia for boutique shopping and restaurants
- 3 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving
- 4 New York City Restaurants
- 5 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 6 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas trip report
- 7 Hotels in LA ... I know...how long is a piece of string type question...
- 8 traveling Amtrak cross country
- 9 Favorite Washington, DC restaurants
- 10 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 11 Napa Girls Getaway - Need hotel advice
- 12 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 13 Place for a drink where kids are allowed? An NYC question.
- 14 Grand Staircase Esclante National Monument
- 15 Grand Circle Itinerary Utah
- 16 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 17 Dining in D.C.
- 18 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 19 Charleston, SC Beaches
- 20 9 Day Trip to Yosemite, Oregon and Washington State
- 21 Jersey City Parking
- 22 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 23 Washington DC Metro
- 24 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 25 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier