Let me start this discussion by saying that I have been a long time resident of NYC and I thought I knew the weather pattern there quite well, but having lived outside the country for almost 5 years it seems I can't remember things quite so well, so I need your help!
We are planning to take of 8 yr old girl to NYC to show her the place where she was born and spent the first few years. We have 2 windows in the year when we can travel - first 2 weeks in April or first 2 weeks of Aug. Of these 2, which one would be better? Aug can get really hot, but probably more predictable than April? Early April could be cool to downright cold. How has it been the past year?
Planning a break from work wise, April is easier for us, however it is not exactly condusive to picnics in Central park...I am very confused, please help!
New York - visit on early April or early Aug?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Other places like Chautauqua Institution
- 2 First family ski trip
- 3 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 4 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 5 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 6 Anchorage Sheraton Hotel and Spa
- 7 Visiting Denver
- 8 Visiting Denver
- 9 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah
- 10 NYC theatre broadway
- 11 Planning family gathering in Sedona
- 12 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 13 Laguna Beach, what to do
- 14 Louisville to Dallas, spring time, 10 days, teenagers
- 15 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 16 A day in Dallas
- 17 Stony Point, NC to Richmond, VA and surrounding areas... help, please!
- 18 Austin Anniversary Dinner
- 19 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 20 Door County Suggestions
- 21 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 22 February 2015 Florida getaway for couples
- 23 The island of Hawaii--half a trip report!!!
- 24 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 25 HELP WITH FALL TRIP PLAN!!