Let me start this discussion by saying that I have been a long time resident of NYC and I thought I knew the weather pattern there quite well, but having lived outside the country for almost 5 years it seems I can't remember things quite so well, so I need your help!
We are planning to take of 8 yr old girl to NYC to show her the place where she was born and spent the first few years. We have 2 windows in the year when we can travel - first 2 weeks in April or first 2 weeks of Aug. Of these 2, which one would be better? Aug can get really hot, but probably more predictable than April? Early April could be cool to downright cold. How has it been the past year?
Planning a break from work wise, April is easier for us, however it is not exactly condusive to picnics in Central park...I am very confused, please help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Denver/Breckenridge/Summit County
- 2 OUR MANHATTAN ADVENTURE 2015
- 3 Grieving Widow wants escape from Christmas
- 4 NY State Assembly Internship
- 5 Grand Canyon
- 6 San Francisco and Napa
- 7 Late Feb/Early March honeymoon: Maui, Kauai, or other?
- 8 Killington Ski Hotel??
- 9 San Diego Family Reunion Planning
- 10 White Christmas
- 11 How many days recommended for Williamsburg stay?
- 12 Is it Appropriate for Grandmother to Sing to Bar Mitzvah Boy?
- 13 Going to Coachella - what to do after the festival
- 14 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 15 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 16 Midway point
- 17 Hawaii in August w 6 year old boy
- 18 Itinerary to America - Guidance Needed
- 19 New York City
- 20 Driving from Yosemite to Las Vegas via Death Valley in December?
- 21 Relocating to the Deep South
- 22 How can the weather report be so wrong?
- 23 Nice hotel / B&B in Tucson - January
- 24 Arlington funeral plans
- 25 destin resorts