Let me start this discussion by saying that I have been a long time resident of NYC and I thought I knew the weather pattern there quite well, but having lived outside the country for almost 5 years it seems I can't remember things quite so well, so I need your help!
We are planning to take of 8 yr old girl to NYC to show her the place where she was born and spent the first few years. We have 2 windows in the year when we can travel - first 2 weeks in April or first 2 weeks of Aug. Of these 2, which one would be better? Aug can get really hot, but probably more predictable than April? Early April could be cool to downright cold. How has it been the past year?
Planning a break from work wise, April is easier for us, however it is not exactly condusive to picnics in Central park...I am very confused, please help!
New York - visit on early April or early Aug?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Miami comfort without $$$$
- 2 Hotel Consturction in NYC
- 3 Hanging Lake Hike (CO) with Kids?
- 4 GTG in Los Angeles March 17 or 18
- 5 Car Rental - NYC help me figure out logistics
- 6 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 7 Chicago to New England Road trip
- 8 Student-budget trip to NewYorkCity HELP please
- 9 North Conway, Jackson or where to stay in October
- 10 Old Town Alexandria Restaurants?
- 11 Fall trip, best location to stay in Vermont. Need help please.
- 12 Tallest and largest living Saguaros at Saguaro National Park
- 13 Sedona & Grand Canyon - 1 week trip from Phoenix
- 14 Montana- what are must see places?
- 15 California San Diego area lodging
- 16 Kauai Garden tours
- 17 2 weeks in California++ in April - Need suggestions on itinerary
- 18 Stopover between Las Vegas and Yosemite
- 19 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 20 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 21 Broadway show suggestions April 22 or 23
- 22 Advice on Roadtrip
- 23 Cabin in Northern Maine
- 24 New Orleans - good side trip in a car?
- 25 Furnace Creek Inn or Ranch