Let me start this discussion by saying that I have been a long time resident of NYC and I thought I knew the weather pattern there quite well, but having lived outside the country for almost 5 years it seems I can't remember things quite so well, so I need your help!
We are planning to take of 8 yr old girl to NYC to show her the place where she was born and spent the first few years. We have 2 windows in the year when we can travel - first 2 weeks in April or first 2 weeks of Aug. Of these 2, which one would be better? Aug can get really hot, but probably more predictable than April? Early April could be cool to downright cold. How has it been the past year?
Planning a break from work wise, April is easier for us, however it is not exactly condusive to picnics in Central park...I am very confused, please help!
New York - visit on early April or early Aug?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 ideas for pacific coast drive (CA)
- 2 Fall vacation in Colorado
- 3 Road Trip SW
- 4 Pacific Coast Hwy 10 days
- 5 Chicago trip
- 6 NYC IN AUGUST
- 7 Help w/ River Cruise Company-OH to Mississippi-end@New Orleans-Fall 2014
- 8 culpepper
- 9 Zion Narrows - Relatively Easy / Suitable for Older Folks?
- 10 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 11 San Fran to Las Vegas drive
- 12 Fancy dining
- 13 I want to visit the india particular north east india ?
- 14 Hotel near Miami airport
- 15 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 16 Will have five days in Savannah
- 17 Driving the BRP.....Virginia or North Carolina?
- 18 Trip Report: New York City July 25-27, 2014
- 19 Day Cruise from Whittier or Steward?
- 20 Itinerary opinions
- 21 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 22 Vegas - Grand Canyon - Tucson
- 23 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 24 Los Angeles itinerary for August trip
- 25 Santa Barbara, California