Let me start this discussion by saying that I have been a long time resident of NYC and I thought I knew the weather pattern there quite well, but having lived outside the country for almost 5 years it seems I can't remember things quite so well, so I need your help!
We are planning to take of 8 yr old girl to NYC to show her the place where she was born and spent the first few years. We have 2 windows in the year when we can travel - first 2 weeks in April or first 2 weeks of Aug. Of these 2, which one would be better? Aug can get really hot, but probably more predictable than April? Early April could be cool to downright cold. How has it been the past year?
Planning a break from work wise, April is easier for us, however it is not exactly condusive to picnics in Central park...I am very confused, please help!
New York - visit on early April or early Aug?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 2 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 3 John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge at Tinicum
- 4 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 5 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 6 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 7 Kennedy Space Center
- 8 5 week in US/Mexico
- 9 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving
- 10 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 11 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 12 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 13 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 14 Book ahead for weekends this spring in Asheville, NC
- 15 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 16 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014
- 17 Albuquerque Recommendations
- 18 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 19 San Diego Itinerary-- Suggestions???
- 20 Jersey City Parking
- 21 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 22 Audio Driving Tour Big Island and Oahu
- 23 Asheville NC without a car
- 24 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 25 Myrtle Beach