Let me start this discussion by saying that I have been a long time resident of NYC and I thought I knew the weather pattern there quite well, but having lived outside the country for almost 5 years it seems I can't remember things quite so well, so I need your help!
We are planning to take of 8 yr old girl to NYC to show her the place where she was born and spent the first few years. We have 2 windows in the year when we can travel - first 2 weeks in April or first 2 weeks of Aug. Of these 2, which one would be better? Aug can get really hot, but probably more predictable than April? Early April could be cool to downright cold. How has it been the past year?
Planning a break from work wise, April is easier for us, however it is not exactly condusive to picnics in Central park...I am very confused, please help!
New York - visit on early April or early Aug?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New York - October with 7 yr old
- 2 New York City Borough Walking: Where for Diverse Flavorful Neighborhoods?
- 3 Cape Cod
- 4 Something to do besides drink wine in Sonoma.
- 5 what to do in the St. Louis area Oct.12 thru Oct19
- 6 Which botanical garden is the best in Kauai?
- 7 Road Trip! Philadelphia to Montreal and Quebec
- 8 Puerto Rico in December - how much can we do?
- 9 Where to go to hear good Hawaiian Music in Kauai?
- 10 Navajo guide in Canyon de Chelly?
- 11 Where to stay for Acadia National Park
- 12 New York itinerary for 5 or 6 days
- 13 San Diego with Kids
- 14 Getting around the Big Island
- 15 Where to go? Family looking for the perfect vacation spot.
- 16 best of yellowstone
- 17 San Francisco - mid October
- 18 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 19 Washington DC and NYC - What to book ahead of time?
- 20 4th thread on East Coast trip.
- 21 New York Yankee Station
- 22 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 23 Sonoma and Napa Wine Country - How bad is it after the quake?
- 24 NYC Neighbourhoods
- 25 Vegas hotels for families