Let me start this discussion by saying that I have been a long time resident of NYC and I thought I knew the weather pattern there quite well, but having lived outside the country for almost 5 years it seems I can't remember things quite so well, so I need your help!
We are planning to take of 8 yr old girl to NYC to show her the place where she was born and spent the first few years. We have 2 windows in the year when we can travel - first 2 weeks in April or first 2 weeks of Aug. Of these 2, which one would be better? Aug can get really hot, but probably more predictable than April? Early April could be cool to downright cold. How has it been the past year?
Planning a break from work wise, April is easier for us, however it is not exactly condusive to picnics in Central park...I am very confused, please help!
New York - visit on early April or early Aug?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 2 Road Trip SW
- 3 Connecticut River Byway
- 4 Honeymoon/road trip/adventure/help!
- 5 3 days, 4 nights in Denver
- 6 San Diego farmer's markets
- 7 car rental from denver airport and shuttle question
- 8 The Seedy Side of Key West
- 9 Vacation trip to Portland, OR,
- 10 San Fran to Las Vegas drive
- 11 Convenient Accommodation suggestions
- 12 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 13 Vacation with 1 year old - ideas?
- 14 drive from SF to crater lake
- 15 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 16 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 17 moving to florida
- 18 Trip Report - Jersey Shore, Cherry Hill, Philly, back to the roots...
- 19 Hotel near Miami airport
- 20 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?
- 21 Santa Barbara, California
- 22 Alaska Local Knowledge Request
- 23 Lighting for photos at Mt Ranier
- 24 Road Trip Help--- Philly to Sunset, SC (Virginia portion)
- 25 Vegas - Grand Canyon - Tucson