Let me start this discussion by saying that I have been a long time resident of NYC and I thought I knew the weather pattern there quite well, but having lived outside the country for almost 5 years it seems I can't remember things quite so well, so I need your help!
We are planning to take of 8 yr old girl to NYC to show her the place where she was born and spent the first few years. We have 2 windows in the year when we can travel - first 2 weeks in April or first 2 weeks of Aug. Of these 2, which one would be better? Aug can get really hot, but probably more predictable than April? Early April could be cool to downright cold. How has it been the past year?
Planning a break from work wise, April is easier for us, however it is not exactly condusive to picnics in Central park...I am very confused, please help!
New York - visit on early April or early Aug?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seward, Coopers Landing, Homer
- 2 Safe for female travelling alone to Alaska in early November?
- 3 Long Weekend In Austin, Texas
- 4 Help with seeing Rocky Mountain National Park
- 5 Colorado aspen updates
- 6 4 week family trip ideas
- 7 Yosemite Lodging
- 8 Tucson area flooding
- 9 Ground transportation Buffalo NY airport to Oakville, ON Canada?
- 10 What's new on Maui?
- 11 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip Where to EAT
- 12 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 13 Oregon Road Trip
- 14 Broadway choices
- 15 Hotel recommendations for Western Oregon
- 16 Mequite NV, Where to Stay for One Night?
- 17 Moving to New Jersey
- 18 Fairbanks, denali, kenai peninsula
- 19 Restaurants near Mendocino area
- 20 Kauai and Molokai or Kauai and Maui for 10 days?
- 21 New England Newbie - Help with 13 night itinerary - October
- 22 Arizona / Utah Itinerary
- 23 Getaway
- 24 Refining my California Itinerary
- 25 Palm Desert California recommendations for dining