Let me start this discussion by saying that I have been a long time resident of NYC and I thought I knew the weather pattern there quite well, but having lived outside the country for almost 5 years it seems I can't remember things quite so well, so I need your help!
We are planning to take of 8 yr old girl to NYC to show her the place where she was born and spent the first few years. We have 2 windows in the year when we can travel - first 2 weeks in April or first 2 weeks of Aug. Of these 2, which one would be better? Aug can get really hot, but probably more predictable than April? Early April could be cool to downright cold. How has it been the past year?
Planning a break from work wise, April is easier for us, however it is not exactly condusive to picnics in Central park...I am very confused, please help!
New York - visit on early April or early Aug?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Carmel (and Monterey) weekend with a 4 year old
- 2 California & French Polynesia
- 3 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?
- 4 American Honeymoon in March
- 5 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 6 Boston Uber shenanigans? Fake airport fees
- 7 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 8 How to dress in Vegas
- 9 Dining in Manhattan
- 10 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 11 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 12 Escape cold in mid-Feb (4) nights from Michigan
- 13 Road trip next summes...Suggestions ?
- 14 St Patrick's renovations
- 15 New Casual Italian/Pizza Restaurant, via Danny Meyer: MARTA
- 16 4 week family trip ideas
- 17 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 18 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 19 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 20 From Seattle airport to the city
- 21 General Utah planning questions
- 22 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 23 Protecting yourself when using VRBO
- 24 Washington and Oregon Fall vacation 2015
- 25 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM