Let me start this discussion by saying that I have been a long time resident of NYC and I thought I knew the weather pattern there quite well, but having lived outside the country for almost 5 years it seems I can't remember things quite so well, so I need your help!
We are planning to take of 8 yr old girl to NYC to show her the place where she was born and spent the first few years. We have 2 windows in the year when we can travel - first 2 weeks in April or first 2 weeks of Aug. Of these 2, which one would be better? Aug can get really hot, but probably more predictable than April? Early April could be cool to downright cold. How has it been the past year?
Planning a break from work wise, April is easier for us, however it is not exactly condusive to picnics in Central park...I am very confused, please help!
New York - visit on early April or early Aug?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 2 LA, San Diego and San Francisco in 8 days -- can/should we try?
- 3 Bar Harbor Maine to Boston
- 4 Mountain hiking in the US for kids - Fall/Spring . . .
- 5 Alaska trip -Labor Day weekend
- 6 LA via Death Valley, Grand Canyon to Vegas
- 7 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 8 Berkshires in late October
- 9 Vail or Aspen in summertime?
- 10 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 11 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 12 A tour of an Amish Community near Midland MI
- 13 No accomodation in Hana...should we forget about it?
- 14 NEW YORK CITY!!!
- 15 LUNCH IN ORLANDO, FL
- 16 Mesa Verde
- 17 5 days and 4 nights outside of San Francisco
- 18 Trip to the Adirondacks
- 19 Boston Logan airport to Salem MA
- 20 Need help with Yellowstone and area starting in SLC
- 21 Easiest US airports to get to/from with public transportation
- 22 Seattle Hyatts
- 23 California road trip
- 24 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon
- 25 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa