Let me start this discussion by saying that I have been a long time resident of NYC and I thought I knew the weather pattern there quite well, but having lived outside the country for almost 5 years it seems I can't remember things quite so well, so I need your help!
We are planning to take of 8 yr old girl to NYC to show her the place where she was born and spent the first few years. We have 2 windows in the year when we can travel - first 2 weeks in April or first 2 weeks of Aug. Of these 2, which one would be better? Aug can get really hot, but probably more predictable than April? Early April could be cool to downright cold. How has it been the past year?
Planning a break from work wise, April is easier for us, however it is not exactly condusive to picnics in Central park...I am very confused, please help!
New York - visit on early April or early Aug?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Orlando parks advice
- 2 Chattanooga to Washington DC via Blue Ridge Parkway
- 3 Rental Services
- 4 Student-budget trip to NewYorkCity HELP please
- 5 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 6 Best to do list on Hawaii
- 7 zion, Bryce,grand canyon
- 8 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 9 Hawaii is still Hell
- 10 New England XC & Downhill Skiing Week Trip mid-March, Reasonable prices
- 11 Maui - Haleakala
- 12 Trip planning for New York/Disney World Dec16/Jan 17.
- 13 Great Smoky Mountains - family driving trip
- 14 need help planning a trip to Grand Hotel/Mackinac Island, MI
- 15 Sedona - ladies trips- suggestions on where to stay and time of year?
- 16 Vegas in mid may
- 17 Bachelorette Weekend in NYC: Best Hotel (with rooftop bar?) and Clubs?
- 18 Worth visiting NYC just on weekdays?
- 19 SXSW an issue?: 4 Days In Austin 8-11
- 20 Texas for art and history lovers
- 21 Albuquerque to Las Vegas
- 22 Toddler in California but where to go?
- 23 San Diego: Point Loma>Ocean Beach
- 24 Knock Off Shopping in NYC
- 25 Kauai - rainy forecast every day of our trip!