Let me start this discussion by saying that I have been a long time resident of NYC and I thought I knew the weather pattern there quite well, but having lived outside the country for almost 5 years it seems I can't remember things quite so well, so I need your help!
We are planning to take of 8 yr old girl to NYC to show her the place where she was born and spent the first few years. We have 2 windows in the year when we can travel - first 2 weeks in April or first 2 weeks of Aug. Of these 2, which one would be better? Aug can get really hot, but probably more predictable than April? Early April could be cool to downright cold. How has it been the past year?
Planning a break from work wise, April is easier for us, however it is not exactly condusive to picnics in Central park...I am very confused, please help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best Fly-fishing in July
- 2 Chicago, Illinois: Where to stay? Do you need a car?
- 3 Help with first time
- 4 Discounted Rental Car?
- 5 Would appreciate help choosing NYC hotel for Aug/Sept visit.
- 6 San Francisco to Monterey Bay Time?
- 7 Cape Cod in September with toddler
- 8 BYOB in New York City
- 9 1st Visit to USA with kids in Jul-Aug, SFO,LA,SD & LAS - 21 days. Need Help
- 10 Alaska cruise round trip from Seattle - need a passport?
- 11 Inexpensive family getaways
- 12 Advice Road trip 15 days California Grand Canyon
- 13 2-day pass through trip in Glacier & Waterton National Park
- 14 Best City/Place to stopover between Seattle & San Francisco
- 15 Last minute: late lunch near Neue Gallerie?
- 16 Plymouth or Cape Code/NEED help
- 17 New York best app
- 18 Colorado Winter Wedding Venue
- 19 A day at Franconia Notch State Park and White Mountain National Forest
- 20 San Francisco to Indianapolis road trip with young kids
- 21 Rocky Mountain National Park early June
- 22 Hawaii Cruise
- 23 Help Flying to Portland, Maine
- 24 Seattle, Portand, Hood River with kids- short notice
- 25 kauai