Let me start this discussion by saying that I have been a long time resident of NYC and I thought I knew the weather pattern there quite well, but having lived outside the country for almost 5 years it seems I can't remember things quite so well, so I need your help!
We are planning to take of 8 yr old girl to NYC to show her the place where she was born and spent the first few years. We have 2 windows in the year when we can travel - first 2 weeks in April or first 2 weeks of Aug. Of these 2, which one would be better? Aug can get really hot, but probably more predictable than April? Early April could be cool to downright cold. How has it been the past year?
Planning a break from work wise, April is easier for us, however it is not exactly condusive to picnics in Central park...I am very confused, please help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Family Trip- 4 Nights- DC & Richmond
- 2 Nashville 2016
- 3 What is a good city to live in in Florida.
- 4 Washington State Anniversary Weekend Getaway
- 5 Birmingham, Alabama in December
- 6 Burlingame, CA restaurants?
- 7 Thanksgiving in New Orleans and Tulane Visit
- 8 Waikoloa restaurants?
- 9 4 days in Colorado in December with kids
- 10 Colorado - Photography
- 11 Seattle, WA, USA/Victoria, B.C., Canada
- 12 Oregon or Arizona for October 12 long weekend?
- 13 Fall trip, is it a good time?
- 14 Where to stay in NYC
- 15 Where to advertise Air tickets selling?
- 16 How can I buy a condo for cheap in florida?
- 17 Myrtle Beach, N.C.
- 18 Santa Monica / Venice Beach flat or house for a week
- 19 motorcycle ride
- 20 Hotel Monaco
- 21 NYC: (Mostly) Solo, and (Mostly) No Top Tens!
- 22 New Orleans weekend, plus a shout out to Sandra Bullock
- 23 New England Fall trip- road trip
- 24 Gatlinburg/Smokies trip report, with photos and captions
- 25 Utah/Vegas road trip - directions