Let me start this discussion by saying that I have been a long time resident of NYC and I thought I knew the weather pattern there quite well, but having lived outside the country for almost 5 years it seems I can't remember things quite so well, so I need your help!
We are planning to take of 8 yr old girl to NYC to show her the place where she was born and spent the first few years. We have 2 windows in the year when we can travel - first 2 weeks in April or first 2 weeks of Aug. Of these 2, which one would be better? Aug can get really hot, but probably more predictable than April? Early April could be cool to downright cold. How has it been the past year?
Planning a break from work wise, April is easier for us, however it is not exactly condusive to picnics in Central park...I am very confused, please help!
New York - visit on early April or early Aug?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 2 Key Largo, FL
- 3 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 4 Nude Beaches- Positive or Negative Experience?
- 5 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 6 San Antonio Airport Taxi to Majestic... and Food Suggestions??
- 7 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 8 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 9 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 10 West Coast Bound End of March
- 11 Buy GoPro Hero3
- 12 Help with Northeast vacation strategy
- 13 Austin Anniversary Dinner
- 14 driver for airport pick up in NY
- 15 Socorro, NM to Yellowstone and back in 7-8 days
- 16 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 17 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 18 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 19 Suggestions? Family of four that like National Parks
- 20 Locker at JFK
- 21 Ziplines, Zorb, Pancakes, and Parrots
- 22 Best places to move to Florida?
- 23 Philadelphia
- 24 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 25 San Diego