Hi! My boyfriend and I are going to be visiting New York for a long weekend (Thursday - Monday afternoon) and I am trying to plan (without being too rigid) our days. I have seen some great plans for daily activities including the Empire State Building, ice skating , grand central station. Another day of waking having breakfast, taking subway to Brooklyn to have some pizza and walk back on the Brooklyn bridge . We would like to see a show. Go to Times Square, little Italy, China town, Soho, and possibly the met. We also plan to take the staton island ferry to just view the Statue of Liberty from there. We arrive at 3:30 Thursday and are staying at the La Quinta in Manhattan and I am trying to make us a game plan for what to do that day and how to map out our events . We have been recommended a steak house but would love some more local ideas of food places ( some hole in the walls - some cheap some not, that's okay). Please help me with my plan. I've never been.
New York Trip!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Downtown Denver restaurant recommendation, please~
- 2 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 3 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 4 Spring Has Officially Sprung in Central Park
- 5 Timeshare Nightmares
- 6 Which NYC subway should I take?
- 7 3 Days in Denver area- want to hike and bike, stay in Boulder or Denver?
- 8 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 9 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 10 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 11 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 12 Family Camp in Maine
- 13 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 14 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 15 Oregon to SF - avoid Coastal Route
- 16 New York City Restaurants
- 17 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 18 San Diego
- 19 Chicago Architectural River Tours - which one for us?
- 20 Seattle to Los Angeles and back . . . ideas for family stopping places?
- 21 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 22 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 23 Phoenix restaurants
- 24 Advice on a Hamptons Day Trip
- 25 Travel West Coast