Hi! My boyfriend and I are going to be visiting New York for a long weekend (Thursday - Monday afternoon) and I am trying to plan (without being too rigid) our days. I have seen some great plans for daily activities including the Empire State Building, ice skating , grand central station. Another day of waking having breakfast, taking subway to Brooklyn to have some pizza and walk back on the Brooklyn bridge . We would like to see a show. Go to Times Square, little Italy, China town, Soho, and possibly the met. We also plan to take the staton island ferry to just view the Statue of Liberty from there. We arrive at 3:30 Thursday and are staying at the La Quinta in Manhattan and I am trying to make us a game plan for what to do that day and how to map out our events . We have been recommended a steak house but would love some more local ideas of food places ( some hole in the walls - some cheap some not, that's okay). Please help me with my plan. I've never been.
New York Trip!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 2 4 week family trip ideas
- 3 Dining in Manhattan
- 4 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 5 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 6 Escape cold in mid-Feb (4) nights from Michigan
- 7 Road trip next summes...Suggestions ?
- 8 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 9 From Seattle airport to the city
- 10 General Utah planning questions
- 11 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?
- 12 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 13 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 14 Protecting yourself when using VRBO
- 15 Washington and Oregon Fall vacation 2015
- 16 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 17 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 18 New York City Christmas Trip
- 19 Las Vegas to Grand Canyon, February
- 20 Washington - North cascades trails (Goat Lake and others) okay in winter?
- 21 Colorado Skiing
- 22 American Honeymoon in March
- 23 Craft Beer & Delicious Food in Vegas
- 24 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 25 golf and fishing recommendations in Tampa area